Martial World

Comments

• Does LM keep the Nirvana Dragon Root? Please tell me he doesn't give it away to his master or ancestor master.
  • What is the secret that Chihuo whispered to the other elder? And does Qingshui and his uncle lose their DPI arts since they betrayed the sect later on?
    I will be astonished if they do not get punished for not helping LM and the DPI members during the fight with the demon sect.
  • edited September 2016
    I was reading the coments on the last 4 pages or  so and damn... another author whose novels i will stay away from in the future.
  • RIIIcardo said:
    I was reading the coments on the last 4 pages or  so and damn... another author whose novels i will stay away from in the future.
    Was it the 'coerced dual cultivation' (rape)?
  • Taryn said:
    RIIIcardo said:
    Yep.
  • edited September 2016
    RIIIcardo said:
    Taryn said:
    RIIIcardo said:
    Yep.
    Yeah I had to struggle for a long time on whether I would continue reading or not after reading about that.
    LM's decision to not outright destroy them didn't help the situation either. MW is my favourite novel probably, so I decided to keep on reading unless something else drastic like that happens again.
    Worst comes to worst, I'll just skip the whole arc or segment if need be.
  • Someone is salty mw is getting some unpopular opinions. 
    I could have said lot worse/dropped it whoever you are. 
  • this grand elder really has some balls. does he not know that if either of the twins die he'd be effectively crippling his sect??
  • vex said:
    this grand elder really has some balls. does he not know that if either of the twins die he'd be effectively crippling his sect??
    Didn't e already effectively betray the sect? I'm not sure how in depth the contract goes, but that sure seemed like betrayal to me. 
  • well i dont think its the type of betrayal that would automatically cripple his bloodline but its certainly one that could have the same effect if hes found out by the other elders and the ancestor.
  • Sorry im asking quite a lot but exactly what chapter does he enter that demon realm? I kinda wanna save up chapters til then 
  • blob said:
    Sorry im asking quite a lot but exactly what chapter does he enter that demon realm? I kinda wanna save up chapters til then 
    509 or 510
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • Can someone please provide a summary of the next few chapters of the current arc?
  • this MQ guy is so weird...like how can u try to go on about wanting to raping a chick but the same chick could kill u without much difficulty?? and if he tries anything on her now with the elders help, hes dead when he gets back to DPI?? 

this damsel in distress stuff is so pointless in regards to MQ. 
  • How will Lin Ming escape from that thunder sovereign ?
  • Elsayaad said:
    How will Lin Ming escape from that thunder sovereign ?
    he kills him
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • edited September 2016
    Akashura said:
    Elsayaad said:
    he kills him
    wow, how will this happen ? and what happens to the two elders and that idiot son ?
  • Elsayaad said:
    Akashura said:
    Elsayaad said:
    he kills him
    wow, how will this happen ? and what happens to the two elders and that idiot son ?
    I haven't completely read that part only the ending of the fight. LM acquires a saint ranked cauldron or something plus a medicine which helps him complete tempering marrow. The thunder sovereign, the traitor elders and perverted bastard who is after Mu Qianyu, assault DPI disciples and the two Mu sisters to draw out LM. He comes in a different appearance and kills them.
  • Akashura said:
    Elsayaad said:
    Akashura said:
    Elsayaad said:
    he kills him
    I haven't completely read that part only the ending of the fight. LM acquires a saint ranked cauldron or something plus a medicine which helps him complete tempering marrow. The thunder sovereign, the traitor elders and perverted bastard who is after Mu Qianyu, assault DPI disciples and the two Mu sisters to draw out LM. He comes in a different appearance and kills them.
    thanks
  • that moment when you read the spoilers and it said 
    they disappeared and were never seen again (novel death)
  • honestly if that traitorous DPI elder doesnt have a backing from some powerful enemy of DPI, then this whole plot line is dumb as hell. and either the author is really bad at writing romance or MQ affection is easy to get as long as u save her. anyone else confused as to how they suddenly became star crossed lovers??
  • edited September 2016
    vex said:
    honestly if that traitorous DPI elder doesnt have a backing from some powerful enemy of DPI, then this whole plot line is dumb as hell. and either the author is really bad at writing romance or MQ affection is easy to get as long as u save her. anyone else confused as to how they suddenly became star crossed lovers??
    They've actually had a long time of interaction, should be a few years at least. It's rather slow considering they haven't even acknowledged each other's feelings in my opinion.
    Not really sure where you got the whole "sudden" part, as LM has repeatedly saved her life many times, which in these types of novels (and rl to some extent) would garner some type of affection from the damsel.
  • Taryn said:
    vex said:
    honestly if that traitorous DPI elder doesnt have a backing from some powerful enemy of DPI, then this whole plot line is dumb as hell. and either the author is really bad at writing romance or MQ affection is easy to get as long as u save her. anyone else confused as to how they suddenly became star crossed lovers??
    They've actually had a long time of interaction, should be a few years at least. It's rather slow considering they haven't even acknowledged each other's feelings in my opinion.
    Not really sure where you got the whole "sudden" part, as LM has repeatedly saved her life many times, which in these types of novels (and rl to some extent) would garner some type of affection from the damsel.
    but all their interactions have been strictly acquaintance/formal based, nothing romantic about a single one. and i can't even remember him saving her outside of the time at thunder valley. plus i was trying to make the point of if simply because someone saves doesn't mean you fall in love, just seems like a way of by passing any meaningful interaction between the 2 characters imo. 
  • vex said:
    Taryn said:
    vex said:
    but all their interactions have been strictly acquaintance/formal based, nothing romantic about a single one. and i can't even remember him saving her outside of the time at thunder valley. plus i was trying to make the point of if simply because someone saves doesn't mean you fall in love, just seems like a way of by passing any meaningful interaction between the 2 characters imo. 

didn't they spend a few weeks together on that mountain or w/e? 

also, from her perspective, he saved her from an arranged marriage with some creep :P
  • vex said:
    Taryn said:
    vex said:
    Marriage (not exactly 'death per se, but one can consider it so), then we have the current saving using the Escape Symbol (which is when her feelings reached their highest for LM).
    It doesn't mean you have to fall in love, but it definitely starts the foundation for romance, which it did in all of these cases. The romance is definitely not tremendously well written, but it's not as bad as you are making it to be.
  • Taryn said:
    vex said:
    Taryn said:
    vex said:
    Marriage (not exactly 'death per se, but one can consider it so), then we have the current saving using the Escape Symbol (which is when her feelings reached their highest for LM).
    It doesn't mean you have to fall in love, but it definitely starts the foundation for romance, which it did in all of these cases. The romance is definitely not tremendously well written, but it's not as bad as you are making it to be.
    Except that whole plot line is incredibly forced and pointless in that, no one should be able to force one of DPI's most powerful assets into a marriage, at all. Makes no sense whatsoever. If she were to point blank refuse, what exactly would happen to her? The entire existence of Mu Qiangshu seems like a means of bringing MQ and LM together which is pathetic in that MQ has to be avoiding a complete low life to fall for LM.  And also there was nothing romantic about the time he saved her in thunder valley, not even a hint. 

My point being MQ and LM have had barely any meaningful interaction or even social interaction, everything about their relationship seemed formal and nothing more than two fellow disciples that respected each other. The idea of saving someone which inadvertently gives you their affections seems really lazy from a writers perspective, because you get to by pass any social development between the 2 people. The whole relationship screams forced and vapid. 
  • edited September 2016

Except that whole plot line is incredibly forced and pointless in that, no one should be able to force one of DPI's most powerful assets into a marriage, at all. Makes no sense whatsoever. If she were to point blank refuse, what exactly would happen to her? The entire existence of Mu Qiangshu seems like a means of bringing MQ and LM together which is pathetic in that MQ has to be avoiding a complete low life to fall for LM.  And also there was nothing romantic about the time he saved her in thunder valley, not even a hint. 

My point being MQ and LM have had barely any meaningful interaction or even social interaction, everything about their relationship seemed formal and nothing more than two fellow disciples that respected each other. The idea of saving someone which inadvertently gives you their affections seems really lazy from a writers perspective, because you get to by pass any social development between the 2 people. The whole relationship screams forced and vapid. 
    even in real life, not everyone falls for another person for a deep, meaningful reason, I think you need to get over it :v 

if people can fall for someone IRL for stupid reasons, they can do it in novels too.

is it forced? in a way yes, its simply following the xianxia formula. do you wanna get over it and stop whining, or complain about basically every xianxia with few exceptions?

• Except that whole plot line is incredibly forced and pointless in that, no one should be able to force one of DPI's most powerful assets into a marriage, at all. Makes no sense whatsoever. If she were to point blank refuse, what exactly would happen to her? The entire existence of Mu Qiangshu seems like a means of bringing MQ and LM together which is pathetic in that MQ has to be avoiding a complete low life to fall for LM.  And also there was nothing romantic about the time he saved her in thunder valley, not even a hint. 

even in real life, not everyone falls for another person for a deep, meaningful reason, I think you need to get over it :v 

if people can fall for someone IRL for stupid reasons, they can do it in novels too.

is it forced? in a way yes, its simply following the xianxia formula. do you wanna get over it and stop whining, or complain about basically every xianxia with few exceptions?
    At no point did I say their had to be something deep about their relationship. Not shallow doesn't mean deep, sorry to burst your bubble. 

What are you on about? So? That still makes the writing incredibly dull and lazy, because it's writing and not real life??

I can complain about anything I want. Try to fault my reasons for complaining, but don't fault me for the act of complaining in of it's self. That's pretty dumb. And romance writing is terrible in most xianxia's, so your point is doubly dumb. 
  • edited September 2016
    vex said:

At no point did I say their had to be something deep about their relationship. Not shallow doesn't mean deep, sorry to burst your bubble. 

What are you on about? So? That still makes the writing incredibly dull and lazy, because it's writing and not real life??

I can complain about anything I want. Try to fault my reasons for complaining, but don't fault me for the act of complaining in of it's self. That's pretty dumb. And romance writing is terrible in most xianxia's, so your point is doubly dumb. 
    I feel you.

in my opinion it is stupidly forced. The one guy may be the grand elder but he can't force the saintes into a marriage lol. The chars live an awful lot of time and they do not have the problem that younger mothers tend to have healthier children. If the elders grandson would have been her equivalent in talent it is not problem but so it still is stupidly forced. God even some explanation like it is holy tradition for the most talented of each generation to marry when both hit a certain age and they can not go against it and only someone who is even better can replace him would have been better fuck.

And well their first meeting is more like a colorful mix of something similar to Stockholm syndrome and Attachment theory since he was the first male who "defiled" (touched her bare skin) her and he even helped her and they live for a time together and she was "dependent" on him. He also showed talent and was simply too different from the typical stereotypical male she saw so that he was more memorable than others. (like his cooking she never saw before that was a new flavor for her etc) This coupled with a certain sense of pride that she was the one who discovered some talent that can help them survive a crisis and happiness to get out of a forced marriage give us this idiotic situation.

It was so forced by the author. But well there would have been even worse ways to do it so i simply accept it lol.

• Can we please stop with all this drama?
    Yes the rape part also disgust me and i will most certainly skip that part.
    So can someone gives us spoiler about this demon king garden arc? about how and what  treasures he will gets because for now all these life destruction stage cultivators got all the good parts.