Doulou Dalu

What chapter would the light novel of Doulou Dalu based on the current manga chapter 164?

Comments

• Chapter 184-185, though I HIGHLY recommend reading the Novel from the start, because there are a lot of things different in it. Especially after he goes training with his father, there is a MASSIVE chunk cut out, including Tang San meeting his paternal aunt. You'd really be missing out.
  • Manhua is shit, total shit compared to the novel.
  • I will read the novel from the start then. Thanks for answering.
  • edited September 2016

Question for anyone that has read ahead...

have you read up to the part where Tang San becomes a god? what happens after the war? does Oscar ever become a god? Does Oscars wife become a god? Does the story continue up until the world where those that have become gods go to?

• jopi2180 said:

have you read up to the part where Tang San becomes a god? what happens after the war? does Oscar ever become a god? Does Oscars wife become a god? Does the story continue up until the world where those that have become gods go to?

From reading legend of dragon king (DD 2.5 chronologically) Xiao Wu becomes Rabbit God (Can use sea god powers when San uses Ashura powers), Mubai War God, Zhuqing Speed God, Oscar Food God, RongRong 9 color god? and Hongjun/Fatty becomes Phoenix God (Failed to become Fire God).

• Nice, didn't know there were other DD series! I know what ima binge read next lol
  • edited September 2016
    Yea it's a good series a shame that google translate/other mtl aren't as good as the lnmtl otherwise I'd look more thoroughly through 2.5 and 3.
    And as for an image of the characters for your reading I suggest using the images on the page for DD on baike.baidu or the beginning few chapters of the manhwa (it diverges and skips a lot).  For DD 2 the images from the manwha are for or less accurate.
  • DD 2: Jueshui tangmen's manhua is a heck of a lot better than the DD manhua, but it still cuts a few corners but I think that's just cause of the medium used to present. Recommend reading the manhua cause the LN translation is abominably slow
  • Yea I recommend the manhua for DD 2 to get an idea of it and if you can't wait for the next chapters you can read from lnmtl it's not that bad just have a google translate to retranslate parts that don't seem right.
  • jopi2180 said:

Just so you know, Tang San is as a Sea God a primary god. The same as when he takes the role of Asura God. The rest of the team are minor gods

• athlonkmf said:
    jopi2180 said:

Just so you know, Tang San is as a Sea God a primary god. The same as when he takes the role of Asura God. The rest of the team are minor gods

Wrong, Poseidon God is a 1st class god while Asura God is a God Enforcer; one of the 5 strongest gods.
  • athlonkmf said:
    jopi2180 said:

Wrong, Poseidon God is a 1st class god while Asura God is a God Enforcer; one of the 5 strongest gods.
    Yes, and if I read the mtl correctly, Xiao Wu seems to be able to use Sea God Powers (from the manhwa raws it shows her with a blue dress and long blue hair with bunny ears) whenever he switches to using Asura God powers.  In addition, when you succeed a god position you not only get to use the abilities of that specific position you still retain your abilities prior to becoming a god.  For example, Oscar can still use his clone mirror sausage to temporarily wield a weaker version (60% I think) of Tang San's Asura God powers and San can still use his spirit bone abilities one of which he used to tortur.. I mean test and train someone at the end of DD II.

• The only thing I am confused about is Magic Chef of Ice and Fire's interference in DD2.5 and how the Dragon God in Magic Chef of Ice and Fire is not relevant to the one in DD3 currently.
  • The only thing I am confused about is Magic Chef of Ice and Fire's interference in DD2.5 and how the Dragon God in Magic Chef of Ice and Fire is not relevant to the one in DD3 currently.
    Well in this author's stories not all characters called 'Gods' seem to actually be in the same class as ones in DD.  As for Dragon God in Magic Chef of Ice and Fire I'm somewhat sure it's different from the one in DD3 if it is the same I'm very curious in seeing how it became so strong and a bad guy.  On another note if it was the same wouldn't Nian Bing know more of the Dragon God and be more wary and aware of the seal on the GDK then?
  • Its probably not, the Goddess of Life in Magic Chef of Ice and Fire is different from the one in God's Realm so there should be no relevance.
  • Can anyone give the spirits and the age that Tang San uses for his clear sky hammer?
  • edited September 2016
    Red
    Red*** - Titan Great Ape (Er Ming)

Black
    Red*** - not known - He gets one after resurrecting Xiao Wu

Black

Black
    Red*** - Dark Demonic Evil God Tiger

Black
    Red*** - Man Faced Spider Emperor

Red
    Red*** - Great Emperor Ant

Red

Red

Red-Gold - Demonic Whale King (8th Trial)

top colour is the original *** - Sea God Trial completion: All existing rings raised 50,000 years. All black rings turned red and all red rings increased in power.
    i copied these from the douluo dalu google drive.
  • edited September 2016
    What happens to Fatty's wife after he leaves for the God Realm? Does she die? Or is she alive? If so, is there a chance for them to reunite?

@Lord D
    Can u also give the spirits and the age that Tang San uses for his Blue Silver Emperor?

Also what explanation is given for how spirit beasts are be able overcome their 1,00,000 years lifespan without turning into humans?
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • edited September 2016
    Akashura said:
    What happens to Fatty's wife after he leaves for the God Realm? Does she die? Or is she alive? If so, is there a chance for them to reunite?

@Lord D
    Can u also give the spirits and the age that Tang San uses for his Blue Silver Emperor?

Also what explanation is given for how spirit beasts are be able overcome their 1,00,000 years lifespan without turning into humans?
    Fatty wasn't able to take his wife Bai Chenxiang with him to God realm since he was only able to succeed a 2nd tier god (failed to succeed a 1st tier one) therefore she remained on the mortal realm and presumably died of old age.  This is why Fatty was so sad in DD 2.5 and regrets that if he had known he wouldn't be able to bring her he wouldn't have even gone to God realm.  The only slim way I see for them to reunite is if she reincarnates, becomes a god and then remembers him but yeah that's too unlikely.

I'm basing this post on Lord D's to make it easy to follow

Black 50k
    Red*** - Datura Snake

Black 50k
    Red*** - Ghost Vine

Black 50k
    Red*** - Man-Faced Demon Spider

Black 50k
    Red*** - Pit Demon Spider

Black -> Red
    Red*** - His own Ring

Black
    Red*** - Unknown (Never used since replacing for Xiao Wu)

Red
    Red*** - God Bestowed Spirit Ring

Red
    Red*** - Evil Spirit Killer Demon Whale

Red
    Red*** - Sky Blue Bull Python (Da Ming)

Blue-Gold - Poseidon Ring
  • edited September 2016
    Damn Fatty's really unlucky in case of love... The author pisses me off by pulling this sort of shit. He might as well have made Fatty stay in the human world!
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • edited September 2016
    Layte said:
    Akashura said:

@Lord D

Fatty wasn't able to take his wife Bai Chenxiang with him to God realm since he was only able to succeed a 2nd tier god (failed to succeed a 1st tier one) therefore she remained on the mortal realm and presumably died of old age.  This is why Fatty was so sad in DD 2.5 and regrets that if he had known he wouldn't be able to bring her he wouldn't have even gone to God realm.  The only slim way I see for them to reunite is if she reincarnates, becomes a god and then remembers him but yeah that's too unlikely.

Black 50k
    Red*** - Datura Snake

Black 50k
    Red*** - Ghost Vine

Black 50k

Black 50k

Black -> Red
    Red*** - His own Ring

Black

Red

Red

Red

Why didn't Tang San instead help Fatty by bringing her coz his God rank is above latter's? Also people reincarnate in DD universe?!

Anyway then who's descendant is that Evil Fire Phoenix girl with the same surname as Fatty from DD2?
  • Akashura said:
    Layte said:
    Akashura said:

@Lord D

Black 50k
    Red*** - Datura Snake

Black 50k
    Red*** - Ghost Vine

Black 50k

Black 50k

Black -> Red
    Red*** - His own Ring

Black

Red

Red

Red

Why didn't Tang San instead help Fatty by bringing her coz his God rank is above latter's? Also people reincarnate in DD universe?!

Anyway then who's descendant is that Evil Fire Phoenix girl with the same surname as Fatty from DD2?
    I don't know about reincarnation but Ma Xiaotao is fatty's descendant, and since mubai also has descendants the rest of the S7D should've spents a few years in mortal realm before ascending. 
    The quota of 1st tier gods for family members with you should be strict I think so I don't think the blood relation between san and her was close enough to bring her for fatty.  Even for Yuhao San had to search a while for his mothers soul which I think brought discontent from other top gods (just from me interpreting mtl). 
  • edited September 2016
    Layte said:
    Akashura said:
    Layte said:
    Akashura said:

@Lord D

Black 50k
    Red*** - Datura Snake

Black 50k
    Red*** - Ghost Vine

Black 50k

Black 50k

Black -> Red
    Red*** - His own Ring

Black

Red

Red

Red

I don't know about reincarnation but Ma Xiaotao is fatty's descendant, and since mubai also has descendants the rest of the S7D should've spents a few years in mortal realm before ascending. 
    The quota of 1st tier gods for family members with you should be strict I think so I don't think the blood relation between san and her was close enough to bring her for fatty.  Even for Yuhao San had to search a while for his mothers soul which I think brought discontent from other top gods (just from me interpreting mtl). 
    I see. R gods unable to return to lower realms?
  • Akashura said:
    Layte said:
    Akashura said:
    Layte said:
    Akashura said:

@Lord D

Black 50k
    Red*** - Datura Snake

Black 50k
    Red*** - Ghost Vine

Black 50k

Black 50k

Black -> Red
    Red*** - His own Ring

Black

Red

Red

Red

I see. R gods unable to return to lower realms?
    I believe the rules concerning that are very strict.
  • I believed there was an article on Baike Baidu talking about Ma Hongjun's wife reincarnating but I dont really know where the information came from. Most information on Baike Baidu for novels are usually correct so...
  • edited September 2016
    Maybe Bai Chenxiang will reincarnate in DD3 and go to Gods Realm along with Wulin and reunite with Fatty...At least I hope so...
  • Did Tang San take his father and mother to the Gods' Realm as well?
  • It wasnt stated but he should have. They never even appeared in DD2.5 so its unconfirmed.
  • edited October 2016
    Lord D said:
    Red
    Red*** - Titan Great Ape (Er Ming)

Black

Black

Black
    Red*** - Dark Demonic Evil God Tiger

Black
    Red*** - Man Faced Spider Emperor

Red

Red

Red

Red-Gold - Demonic Whale King (8th Trial)

top colour is the original *** - Sea God Trial completion: All existing rings raised 50,000 years. All black rings turned red and all red rings increased in power.
    i copied these from the douluo dalu google drive.
    I reread that part of the raws, I think one of the first two Black rings is from a 70k yr old White Eyes Demon Tiger King.  It was stated that he killed 8 50k+ yr old spirit beasts with two of them giving spirit bones. 
    Kills 1-5:
    They were the 50k+ yr old Datura Snake, Ghost Vine, Man-Faced Demon Spider and Pit Demon Spider.
    There was also the unknown spirit beast for his 6th BSE spirit ring; that's five.
    6-7: Of the other three there was the White Eyes Demon Tiger King which he absorbed for his hammer and gave the spirit bone to Mubai since San's only vacancy was his torso and this bone wasn't it.  The other CSH kill wasn't stated.
    8: An almost 60k yr old Three-eyed Demon Fox that became Xiao Wu's 7th Spirit ring (with a 2nd spirit ability other than avatar) and gave her a Forehead spirit bone.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the abilities of his 2-5 rings for his hammer.  I think he only used his 1st, 6th, 7th and 8th ones in the story and only once or twice.