Ask Anything (Granddaddy Spoiler Thread)

Comments

• Was MH in the Ancient realm or was in at the highest stage of the Immortal realm when he went to learn the 3rd Hex? i remember reading that he had spent a huuuge amount of time trying to master it (my chinese is rusty) and how it was more powerful than all the other Hexes except the 9th. 
  • Who are the 7 people chosen by that lady from the fire trial that has chosen MH to be no.13 or so
  • Emayan said:
    Oh, I almost forgot a few more questions

Does Meng Hao ever beat the crap out of that Lord Ji guy? If yes, which chapter does that happen at?

Do Lord Meng and Lord Fang, MH's grandfathers ever return?

• Anyone remember what chapter MH goes to trial after he finish do things in under sea sect?

Want continue read again but bookmarks saved in old phone =.=

Thx b4
  • Innis2 said:
    Anyone remember what chapter MH goes to trial after he finish do things in under sea sect?

Want continue read again but bookmarks saved in old phone =.=

Thx b4
    man this is around the beginning of 1000~ chaps, the exact chapter idk sorry.
    guys im reading and im remember meng hao finds something or find the person called dao feng, but i dont remember when this happens and im reading his return to the dao lake sea of flame and in my head meng have killed this motherfucker already, but i cant remember =/ someone remember or know the chapter?
  • NoobElite said:
    NoobElite said:
    The clan bullshit still annoys me as fuck.
    Same with WDQK the MCs let the clan shit on their heads. For me it matters little that the Patriarch and others "stood behind" MH. They used him as bait to lure out traitors. This in itself kinda says they are assholes even if they did it for the clan blablabla. Only MH parents and sister are fine since well they kinda could not really help him since the helped him and got restrictions. 
    MH made these 2 fruits. They are his and his alone. It does not matter shit that they could be more useful anywhere else. Same logic as if someone would defend a thief since he could use the money more than the one he stole it from still bs. The clan went on my personal "MH should kill list" the very moment the fruits did not find their way o him the moment he arrived at the clan.

So ranting is finished now to my question.
    Is there anything that makes a true immortal who used a cheat vein weaker than one that kicked the door open like little pill?
    I mean other than that the power % you have then becomes your 100%?

To be clear the notion of right and wrong is vague here as I think you only think that because MH is the mc. If that's your reason for hating fang wei then you should hate meng hao too since he steal several legacy and inheritance that doesn't belong to him and don't forget several debt karma that he forcefully put to other people

Well into your question, I don't get what your meaning by cheat vein. Basically to form immortal meridian you must have enough immortal qi and somekind of blueprint for it (which in meng hao case use demon sealing hex and so on), if you don't have the blueprint you can still form immortal meridian (kind of forcefully by flooding your body with immortal qi, that's what the immortality door for it contains endless immortal qi) but the number will be limited until further enlightenment. The whole process of immortal ascension is actually changing your body and soul using immortal qi (which they called soul transformation in xian ni but of course the process is a little bit different since there is a different circumstances)
    Vein was a brain dead moment I simply wrote the wrong word ^.^.
    I meant the Immortality Illumination Vine. If using this has any disadvantage over the way pill demon opened his door.

And what legacies does MH steal that belonged to other people the way the fruits belonged to him?
    Only thing i can over the top of my head remember he kinda stole was the flying rain dragon because Wang guy was hit with "1 drop of blood" of blood and knew it was there. This at the very most meant he had a little bit of karma with it and it did not belong to him in a way the fruits belonged to MH. If it would have been a situation like the fruits came from ancestor and originally MH should have gotten them cause it was decided upon his birth and he would not have gotten them I would not give a fuck. But the fruits are practically a part of himself and as far as I remember he never stole something that belonged to another person the way the fruits belong to him. And with he random legacies lying around it is more like some people have karma but it is good luck if you get it. In Fang clan it was just plain theft cause they are assholes.
    He stole spirit stone by force karma with his Divine magic :smiley: 
  • someone know in wich chapter Wang Lings killer clone apears ?
  • Hollowow said:
    someone know in wich chapter Wang Lings killer clone apears ?
  • what happened to Zhao Yifan?...will we see him again?
  • Alexfilia said:
    what happened to Zhao Yifan?...will we see him again?
    He alive, he became an immortal with 97 meridianz last time he's mentioned as of chp 1129. 
  • edited September 2016
    kevther said:
    akachunu said:
    I know it was mentioned before but not clearly. I m reading the MtL n can't understand shit. Please someone tell me about how many ppl help MH get 120 vein for immortality? N how? In short would do
    Basically after blood demon and resurrection lily give him enough immortal energy to form his 109th and 110th vein, he learns that he can actually make anything into his immortal veins since he's become an immortal through basically telling the heavens screw you I'm gonna become an immortal whether you want me to or not and you will accept me. So he can add immortal veins that way while other people also decide to help him.

If I remember correctly, 101-108 he gets before tribulation, blood demon gave him 109th, resurrection lily gave him 110th, eternal foundation becomes 111th, true immortal body becomes 112th, 8th demon sealing hex becomes 113th, 7th demon sealing hex becomes 114th, 6th demon sealing hex becomes 115th, 5th demon sealing hex becomes 116th, paragon bridge becomes 117th,  then ancient daoist temple gave him 118th, Fang clan 119th, Choumen Tai 120th, Ke Jiusi 121st, raindragon core becomes 122nd, amber of the flame under the dao lakes becomes 123rd.
    Made me think of the Nascent Souls.
    "When looking at the Cultivation world of South Heaven as a whole, all Nascent Soul Cultivators generally cultivated a single Nascent Soul. That single Nascent Soul would become the focus of their path of cultivation.

Only a few almighty practitioners possessed special techniques or incredible Cultivation bases that made a single Nascent Soul insufficient, and would therefore refine a second Nascent Soul.

People like that were the strongest among the strong. Each and every one of them were people who left indelible marks on the pages of history."

After that: screw this, I am gonna make 9 nascent souls. Even if you look as the whole, 5 is said to be perfect.

Also question: MH at the start is said to have average talent. Why? When he was born, the Fang Clan detected awesome talent in him.

• Maybe cause his karma with fang clan was severed due to the 7yr tribulation so his bloodline related lateng talent was sealed? And i think there are different types of latent talent. MH's is related to his bloodline being super pure compared to everyone else's. So maybe his talent lies with practicing reincarnation related techniques that the fang clan has, so him not being in the clan prevented him from showing off his talent? Idk just a guess on my part
  • Ovnidemon said:
    kevther said:
    akachunu said:
    I know it was mentioned before but not clearly. I m reading the MtL n can't understand shit. Please someone tell me about how many ppl help MH get 120 vein for immortality? N how? In short would do
    Basically after blood demon and resurrection lily give him enough immortal energy to form his 109th and 110th vein, he learns that he can actually make anything into his immortal veins since he's become an immortal through basically telling the heavens screw you I'm gonna become an immortal whether you want me to or not and you will accept me. So he can add immortal veins that way while other people also decide to help him.

If I remember correctly, 101-108 he gets before tribulation, blood demon gave him 109th, resurrection lily gave him 110th, eternal foundation becomes 111th, true immortal body becomes 112th, 8th demon sealing hex becomes 113th, 7th demon sealing hex becomes 114th, 6th demon sealing hex becomes 115th, 5th demon sealing hex becomes 116th, paragon bridge becomes 117th,  then ancient daoist temple gave him 118th, Fang clan 119th, Choumen Tai 120th, Ke Jiusi 121st, raindragon core becomes 122nd, amber of the flame under the dao lakes becomes 123rd.
    Made me think of the Nascent Souls.
    "When looking at the Cultivation world of South Heaven as a whole, all Nascent Soul Cultivators generally cultivated a single Nascent Soul. That single Nascent Soul would become the focus of their path of cultivation.

Only a few almighty practitioners possessed special techniques or incredible Cultivation bases that made a single Nascent Soul insufficient, and would therefore refine a second Nascent Soul.

People like that were the strongest among the strong. Each and every one of them were people who left indelible marks on the pages of history."

After that: screw this, I am gonna make 9 nascent souls. Even if you look as the whole, 5 is said to be perfect.

Also question: MH at the start is said to have average talent. Why? When he was born, the Fang Clan detected awesome talent in him.

I like to think that there are two types of talent; cultivation speed and one's ability to comprehend things. 

MH possesses an average talent in terms of speed, but a stupid high talent in comprehension. 

I may be wrong though, so take my word as a grain of salt. 
  • Or maybe it's just a little blunder. Since it was the very start of the story, the author may not have planned the Fang Clan background as a whole. (I know, I have tendency to find a lot of these little incoherence. Though, for ISSTH, there is not a lot and it's only to the level of little blunder, not plothole)
  • What if his latent talent was stored in his NFs? Cause he's supposed to absorb it to get stronger so it's like making a deposit to a bank and leaving it there without knowing so he's considered poor and has no money but id actually rich if he just withdraws his money.
  • edited September 2016
    Probably the thing that was poor about his talent was his ability to absorb energy from around him?
    I mean since he went perfect that was not even an option for him any more  ^^

Not like they had any real fancy ways to test it either way.
  • kevther said:
    I read ahead and damn I suddenly feel sorry for Fang Wei and my hate for him disappeared. 
    why do you feel sorry for him?
    Well the guy's whole family was killed, he lost both of meng hao's fruits so now he won't be as powerful as he could have been and he still would rather have died than betrayed the fang clan. And in the end he is stuck as the "shadow" of meng hao. The only good thing for him is that he realized his dream in becoming the shield of the Fang clan
    He should have died is more like it. I can feel no pity toward that piece of... You get the point. He was never supposed to be powerful to begin with. His power came from his theft of the NF that belonged to MH. So no pity toward him. Can only feel sorry he didn't get taken out with the rest of his fam
  • edited September 2016
    NoobElite said:
    Probably the thing that was poor about his talent was his ability to absorb energy from around him?

Is talent is said to be good but not exceptionnal at the very start, when he began cultivation
    (chapter 3: You reached the first level of Qi Condensation in four months. You’re not quite outstanding, but not stupid, either.).
    So no perfect cultivation yet. Plus, when he cultivated the 13th level, wich increase your latent talent, it is also stated that his talent is average
    (chapter 88: In that instant, the latent talent in Meng Hao which enabled him to practice Cultivation, suddenly changed. There was no sound or any other indication that it had happened. Even Meng Hao was only vaguely aware of the change. However, if an outsider were to examine his current latent talent, they would see that it was no longer average, as it had been in the past. Although he couldn’t be considered Chosen, his latent talent was now much higher.)

I think again it's just a little blunder. How could his talent be average if he was a direct descendant of 2 great families (Meng and Fang). Plus, the whole story is about that. He do things that couldn't be done with average talent. Like all the chsoen said, it's a curse and a blessing to be born with someone with that much talent.

Other little blunder, chapter 58: "Snow began to cover him, but he knew that as soon as he reentered the carriage, it would die. He would never forget what had just happened, and what he had just seen and heard. Years later, after he became a famous Confucian in the State of Zhao, he would think back to that windy, winter night when the snow slowly melted into water. And he would think of a scholar named Meng Hao."
    Except that later that year, the state of Zhao will fly to the Milky Sea and no longer be called State of Zhao. Plus, it will be a state of cultivators because of the location.

Other question: Will the golden spear be of use or not? I really liked the fact that the author didn't forget about it. (When MH visit Violet Sect (after the War) when he saw the silver spear he stated that the golden spear was still in his bag)

• Well according to the story his talent is poor tI'll the Qi condensation stage. That's kind of a bottleneck. Once he exceeds that we suddenly get to know that his grasping ability is actually high. In the beginning we get MH views of himself, his view of having poor talent, due to those exams that he failed. At first, I thought Qi condensation Was hard for him due to it being the first and most important stage of cultivation. It was also a stage where you needed resources to accomplish. Maybe due to his talent being actually high he needed more time. If you noticed, he actually comprehended it faster than his peers, though not faster than some of his seniors. Later, after he gets all those memories back,I thought maybe, it was hard due to all those memories that was hidden. Maybe it affected his talent too. At the end of the day it's what Er Gen says, and he mentioned nothing. So.. But I have a feeling that he did though. Maybe I missed out
  • Also most of south heaven, a plant what threatens at any moment you consume you and tribulation lighting all trying their darnedest to kill you for best part of a thousand years is a great motivator to improve yourself. On top of stealing/ earning quite a few legacy's over the years it was bound to improve his original base talent. As for Meng and fang clan bloodlines it's not the blood what skyrocket people it's the millennia of resource talent and knowledge what skyrocket their chosen to ludicrous heights.
  • My theory is that his high latent talent got fused with his nirvana fruits so unless he gets back his fruits and fuse them his talent won't improve dramatically. Which can also explain why they say absorbing the fruits can make you stronger overtime. 
  • some one plz just tell me when does MH reach immortal accension?
  • lol, how many more times is MH going to become "taller and more slender"? If the author keeps doing this, MH is going to become anorexic
  • lol, how many more times is MH going to become "taller and more slender"? If the author keeps doing this, MH is going to become anorexic
    You mean like Christian Bale in "The Machinist?"
  • edited September 2016
    NoobElite said:

didnt he get something when he is still in qi condensation that improves his talent? its like when he is stage 12 qi condensation i think. 

EDIT: already answered. sorry
  • some one plz just tell me when does MH reach immortal accension?
    Around chap 980-990
  • wow @MjesticSirloin you are everywhere man. hahah
  • akachunu said:
    Well according to the story his talent is poor tI'll the Qi condensation stage. That's kind of a bottleneck. Once he exceeds that we suddenly get to know that his grasping ability is actually high. In the beginning we get MH views of himself, his view of having poor talent, due to those exams that he failed. At first, I thought Qi condensation Was hard for him due to it being the first and most important stage of cultivation. It was also a stage where you needed resources to accomplish. Maybe due to his talent being actually high he needed more time. If you noticed, he actually comprehended it faster than his peers, though not faster than some of his seniors. Later, after he gets all those memories back,I thought maybe, it was hard due to all those memories that was hidden. Maybe it affected his talent too. At the end of the day it's what Er Gen says, and he mentioned nothing. So.. But I have a feeling that he did though. Maybe I missed out
    His talent is said average even for the others: "You reached the first level of Qi Condensation in four months. You’re not quite outstanding, but not stupid, either." is said by the supervisor of the Nothern District of the Reliance Sect (the one who gave the Ki condensation manual).
  • Yes first level took him longer than the others.
  • edited September 2016
    God I do not find the post when someone told the chapter already might as well ask another time lol.

1. What chapter does he get his fucking fruits back.

2. What chapter does he get the fake fruits. (I am currently waiting for more chapters and stopped at about the moment he left with his uncle to fang clan so it should already be translated but i simply do not know) 

3. Is it ever explained why the stupid assfuck fang clan ever had a reasoning in line with you have to beat the guy who assimilated your fruits like a thousand (I know this number is wrong it is just to express my feelings) years ago and is only strong because the fucking fruits so you can get them back? What the fuck reasoning is this bullshit I mean well it is like if i have a tank leave it to have lunch, then someone just takes my tank and superiors say i have to beat the tank with my butter knife to get the right back to use it since other guy is now super powerfull because he uses tank? What the fuck reasoning is this?

4. When is his 1 immortal meridian completed.

5. When is his 101 complete (full set plus the extra one)

6. When and how many chapters are about up to 123 meridians.

7. Why does he care about his clan in general? They never did anything for him and he should only feel family attachment to his grandfather and his parents & his sister from the whole clan.

8. Why did Li guy ever cut the unlimited longevity short? I mean is it smart to kill off all your supreme experts on your mountain if no other mountain does this bullshit when you even go to "sleep" and let one of your stupid generals take over your throne?