The Thrilling Sword Spoilers

I researched on Baike Baidu stating that this novel has 2 love interests but the second love interest died.
Anyone can spoil me on how she dies?
Also, does the male lead fall in love with her master first or after the other love interest died?
Thank you

Comments

• edited August 2016
    He feels affection towards his master, but it never went anywhere. His master does loves him though. But they got seperated and lotsa things happened.

He stayed loyal to his true love and lived with her till she dies.

You must understand that he's always been a doctor. He even reached the pinnacle of medicine, being a Saint Doctor and has his own "curing realm" which is the most mysterious and powerful. That power allows him to literally change someone's death into life. (the ultimate stage of life is death, the ultimate stage of death is life. He has the power to let someone die and then flip the switch into live.)

In terms of raw power, he is also the strongest at that moment. But yet he felt helpless that with all his powers he could only prolong her lifespan, but never really save her.

He remained at his plain while others moved on. Although at the end, when his wife has died, and his offspring is already mature, "someone appears". Who that someone is...

• Thanks for answering! So its somewhat a bittersweet ending? 
  • athlonkmf said:
    He feels affection towards his master, but it never went anywhere. His master does loves him though. But they got seperated and lotsa things happened.

He stayed loyal to his true love and lived with her till she dies.

You must understand that he's always been a doctor. He even reached the pinnacle of medicine, being a Saint Doctor and has his own "curing realm" which is the most mysterious and powerful. That power allows him to literally change someone's death into life. (the ultimate stage of life is death, the ultimate stage of death is life. He has the power to change let someone die and then flip the switch into live.)

In terms of raw power, he is also the strongest at that moment. But yet he felt helpless that with all his powers he could only prolong her lifespan, but never really save her.

He remained at his plane while others moved on. Although at the end, when his wife has died, and his offspring is already mature, "someone appears". Who that someone is...

You monster :-( 
  • Thanks for answering! So its somewhat a bittersweet ending? 
    Yup. but satisfying nonetheless. They lived together for a long time. Their son is already very old.
  • Whos the person that the mc sees at the end?
  • edited August 2016
    We don't get to know, it was mentioned that his "frozen feelings has been reawakened" when she appeared.
    But MC has several good female friends. Most obviously the girl he met in the beginning of the story and his master.

If you ask me it's probably his master. 

Just so you know, the ending/epilogue is 1000 years later. MC has been standing in front of his wife's grave for 1000 years. Having lived together for 1000 years.
    (During these years, his wife tried to make MC accept the other girls too, because she knows she will die, while he's immortal. Instead he just mourned her death for 1000 years)
  • I thought it will be something like his wife reincarnated or something..
  • Also isnt his wife very strong? How come MC's master can live longer than her when she's weaker than the wife?
  • Because it's her destiny. She can only prolong her life when she kills, and after reaching a certain ratio, she'd pass out. After passing out a certain amount, she'd never wake up anymore.
  • Hmm I know this might sound stupid of me but why did the MC's frozen feelings reawaken? Did he like fall in love with his teacher in front of his wife's grave?
  • Dunno, that's the literal meaning of the text. Possibly because he always had feelings towards the other girl, but has always ignored it due to his wife.
  • edited September 2016
    What? it's Liu Perilla(that's what mtl gave me) that he marries? O_O
    What happened with his master and wang xue?

This is a list of his potential wifes:
    Zhong Wang Xue
    Lin Zhi(?) Meng
    Liu Perilla(something else in chinese)
    Jiang Qiao

So what happened to them?
    Did Zhong Wang Xue really die during the attack on the kingdom?
    What about Lin Zhi Meng? It really looked like they were gonna hook up.
  • Zhong Wang Xue loses her memories, Lin Zhi Meng dies, Jiang Qiao still lives and reunites with MC after MC's wife (Liu Perilla) dies.
  • It did seem that he wasn't into Zhong Wang Xue, so that's alright if she forgot about him.
    It's a shame that Lin Zhi Meng died though...
    I can live with the rest.
  • There is some complicated back story on the other girls he met. All of them has a special place in his life and propels his actions. 
    No one "dies", except for his wife.
  • edited September 2016

athlonkmf said:
    Thanks for answering! So its somewhat a bittersweet ending? 
    Yup. but satisfying nonetheless. They lived together for a long time. Their son is already very old.
    It doesn't sound very satisfying. The ending sounds really bad, actually!

His wife dies, he waste away in front of her grave, unable to move on. He has no friends, family's probably dead. Then, someone arrives and his heart reopens. And that's it. An awkward and ambiguous conclusion to a long story.

If I read 1,200 chapters just to end up with that, I'd be really mad.

This is almost exactly the ending to Chinese Paladin 4. Except we do not see which heroine returns, whether that heroine is still in love with the protagonist after such a lengthy period of separation. And the protagonist of the latter do at least have one awesome immortal as a friend.

Actually, I think this is mead.
  • Yet another example of why i always look for a few spoilers before reading a novel.

• athlonkmf said:
    Thanks for answering! So its somewhat a bittersweet ending? 
    It doesn't sound very satisfying. The ending sounds really bad, actually!

His wife dies, he waste away in front of her grave, unable to move on. He has no friends, family's probably dead. Then, someone arrives and his heart reopens. And that's it. An awkward and ambiguous conclusion to a long story.

If I read 1,200 chapters just to end up with that, I'd be really mad.

This is almost exactly the ending to Chinese Paladin 4. Except we do not see which heroine returns, whether that heroine is still in love with the protagonist after such a lengthy period of separation. And the protagonist of the latter do at least have one awesome immortal as a friend.

Nope. All his friends and family are alive and doing very well. His son and such are doing great too. He should have no regrets besides his wife dying, after having lived together for 1000 years. 
    Her death humbles him, as he is the strongest being now, yet there are things he can't do.

just for comparison, his friend, the other strongest being, has just finished creating a complete God dimension came to invite him to have a vacation there.