Mirror of Samsara (other holy items), and conspiracy about yun che..:)

Comments

• Deamix said:
    Then why wouldn't he have the memory of these 16 years in azure continent but when he is back he got the memory from the azure continent?
    Probably because he got a new body when reincarnated in Azure Cloud Continent.

Regardless of the reason why Yun Che didn't have the memories of his first life while in Azure Cloud, it's undeniable that his life as a cripple was the first one. He got the Mirror of Samsara from his parents after all, who in turn got it from Little Demon Empress. That's a ten thousand years relic of the Demon Imperial Family.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • Ophis said:
    Deamix said:
    Then why wouldn't he have the memory of these 16 years in azure continent but when he is back he got the memory from the azure continent?

Regardless of the reason why Yun Che didn't have the memories of his first life while in Azure Cloud, it's undeniable that his life as a cripple was the first one. He got the Mirror of Samsara from his parents after all, who in turn got it from Little Demon Empress. That's a ten thousand years relic of the Demon Imperial Family.

agonal said:
    Well...honestly i forgot about the part where it was explained that his life in Azure cloud continent was probably his 2nd one..yeah now I remember he lived 3 lives..lol sorry, speculating too much..that was explained after they returned from azur clpud right?

now that im thinking about it..i might have forgotten already so i could be wrong...but why did he have to live his life in azure cloud?was it to obtain the sky poison pearl?thanks fellow daoists!

note: still laughing myself out since i forgot about the explanation part..lol

It was also insinuated that the mirror of samsara reincarnated him into a vessel that would allow him to find a means for his first incarnation to survive. 

He was poisoned in his first life, and was reincarnated into a vessel that allowed him to obtain the sky poison pearl. Upon his second incarnation's death, he was able to retain the sky poison pearl and thus escape his original incarnation's fate of being poisoned to death. 

Or at least that is how I recall it being explained by omniscient MC/narrator. 

Much of the information regarding these things isn't explained well and left as "a matter of fact," and even up to the speculation of the reader.  Even and to include the full power of the mirror itself.  And By this I mean the (no less than) two instances where the Mirror has spontaneously reacted without any characters being made aware of it.  (Phoenix trial and latest raw, i think).

As for speculation, I am wondering chiefly the intelligence of the item; how does it know?  

Does it know The how/when/where/why of what its bearer needs upon death? Or is there some sort of reliance upon its bearer to determine the mirror's action? Or does it simply make these determinations itself.

And it is primarily this last quandary that has the most potential. 

Second, I am waiting for YC's next death and reincarnation. Why?  See three. 

Three: I suspect the mirror has some form of sentient intelligence and is subsequently attempting to acquire all of the treasures. 

But. Why?

Well, if I were to answer that I would first need to ask... Just where did the Mirror come from?

Per 1st incarnation of YC, from the Demon Emperor bloodline.  It was given to YC parents to barter for (Demon Emperor, Lil D, canghai?) life. But what about before that?

History of the continent has the twelve Guardian families and Demon Emperor.  Several families were added on, but it seems at least some were already inherently loyal to that bloodline. 10,000 years of history there. This indicates a clear and long standing friendship between those. Especially those who seemed inherently loyal prior to the families unification. 

It is said Yun family has the bloodline of a true god. 

Demon Emperor bloodline received its inheritance from the Golden Crow. 

From this, we might infer than the Golden Crow and that Yun family True God could have been friends. This is reinforced by the fact that the Evil God created this world, and his friends left behind their inheritances because of said friendahip. And thus could even infer that the origins of the Samsara Mirror came from one of these two!

Just for the sake of plot and storyline, I would say the Mirror belonged to the True God of Yun.  And if the Mirror has sentience, which it seems to have since it responds and reacts with neither provocation nor intent from its bearer, it is seeking out these objects of its own volition and for a singular purpose.  For the sake of its bearer. 

But the true bearer is not YC! It is the True God the Mirror belonged to so long ago. YC merely bears his bloodline, and thus is the perfect vessel for his reincarnation.  The mirror is not doing this for his sake, but to ensure the revival of its true master, the Yun family's True God!

And after YC obtains these heavenly treasures and gains thd strength to unlock the mythical, legendary 100% gold profound handle, the True God will finally be able to resurrect via this handle. (For precedent please watch Yu Yu Hakusho. Autimism of the Mazuku.)  Likely this True God would bear every bit of strength the MC possesses, including all Inheritances!  

And thus he would be allowed to complete whatever his life's ambition was, be it dubious and sinister or otherwise. 

Edit: But.  That being said, Given the tenacity of the author, I doubt he has the skill, foresight, nor the intelligence to bring this to fruition. What with his ass draggery of the storyline progression, his lack of basic common sense / nonsensical underdogism (Emperor 3 vs Sovereign 3-5!?) and him constantly digressing from the story so the all-knowing MC can rub EVERY nemesisms face in a pile of shitty word play. 

PS: ophis, combat, +1 for rocking the facts

#dropsthemic
    back fo stealth mode. 

but jasmine said even full powerd evil god (who seems broken as hell) won't be able to do the things that the mirror can do,so i have hard time imagning a another true god will be able to control something that way powerfull than him.
    so instead of a true god think something more powerfull.
    Nibs said:
    I have this feeling that the Life/Death seal is the treasure that Ling'er family is protecting for that certain talent. 
    that would be stupid for the ansaster to leave that ,because he clould use it and plus if you had something like that talent won't matter at all ,because you can have all the time you want.
    Ophis said:

nope ,the mc father got it from his father who got it from his father and and it was passed like that for 10 000 years ,after it was given to them by the 1st demon emperor.
  • edited August 2016

The real conspiracy question is:  Did the Mirror of Samsara totally twist fate so that the Sky Profound Continent would invade the Illusory Demon Realm and steal stuff, so that its next inheritor, Yun Che, would be conceived and born on the Sky Profound Continent with crippled meridians, be poisoned right before his arranged marriage to Xia Qinyue, exactly so that it could save him by sending him on a time-bending mission to an acquire the Sky Poison Pearl from Azure Continent (and give him a personal reason to want to travel there in this timeline), just in time for the Pearl to capture a dying-by-poison loli-goddess, who would then give him Evil Gods Veins and begin his quest to fortuitously obtain the two Evil Gods Seeds and both Divine Beast Legacy's on SPC, before hitching a timely ride in the Profound Arc and pick up a loli-sword, and return to IDR to acquire it's treasures (because you know he will)?

The answer is clearly: Yes, yes it did.

• chrish said:
    Reckon Honger is the no 1 ranked treasure Heaven punishing founding sword
    Whoa!! I didn't think of that before...but it totally seems possible. If that is the case, then this MC of ours has some stupid dog-shit luck...even 3 lifetimes isn't enough to accrue such amounts of luck
  • chrish said:
    Reckon Honger is the no 1 ranked treasure Heaven punishing founding sword
    Whoa!! I didn't think of that before...but it totally seems possible. If that is the case, then this MC of ours has some stupid dog-shit luck...even 3 lifetimes isn't enough to accrue such amounts of luck
    And you should just continue not thinking about it, because that's a totally ludicrous theory.

Heck, even the sword names are completely different from one another.
  • I doubt honger is the number 1 sword isn't that supposed to be sealed in a special place in the God realm?
  • The mirror can change timelines and destiny itself. It would be at no.1 among the treasures if not for the 20 year resting time.

I always thought that once it activates, it would provide the wearer to obtain the best possible version of Fortune and Power. The reason that Yun Che ended his 2nd life after swallowing the poison pearl and jumping off the cliff also seems to be the mechanization of the mirror.

Once he had what he needed, he was reincarnated to his 3rd life. Just consider, the poison he died off in his 1st life probably didn't need the Sky Poison pearl to be healed at all. It could be done by simply changing the timeline and not having Yun Che take the poison at all or getting some antidote. The real Reason he needed the pearl was to purify Jasmine's poison which can only be done by the pearl. His 2nd life also had him become the student of a medical saint. Thus he got not only the pearl but the medical knowledge needed to best make use of it. He saved her, and thus she became his master, leading him to reach the level he is at right now. It's possible, that once activated, the mirror will set up points in the timeline  in which the wearer will have to pass through and reach the top.

And I think it's possible that once Jasmine's poison is completely purified, the Sky Poison Pearl will gain that poison thus regaining it's toxicity albeit to a much higher degree and further increasing Yun Che's power.
    Wow you just said everything I've been speculating over the months

Also I think that mirror is the simplest way to explain why YC is so damn lucky with obtaining all his inheritance cause its changing destiny and events just to make sure YC gets the best ways to survive and evolve. Why he always gets a power up when he dying and getting trapped in forbidden zones etc. 

So for me YC's biggest plot armor is the mirror. 

• wgra5 said:
    I doubt honger is the number 1 sword isn't that supposed to be sealed in a special place in the God realm?
    Actually the whereabout of these weapons is not clear so they could be anywhere.

In fact I would be surprised if she doesn't turn out to be that sword. Her clan itself was very mysterious one and she received very special treatment from her chief once he learned of her true background. What could it possibly be?
  • chrish said:

wgra5 said:
    I doubt honger is the number 1 sword isn't that supposed to be sealed in a special place in the God realm?
    Actually the whereabout of these weapons is not clear so they could be anywhere.

In fact I would be surprised if she doesn't turn out to be that sword. Her clan itself was very mysterious one and she received very special treatment from her chief once he learned of her true background. What could it possibly be?
    It could be anything but the first sword. How would their clan be annihilated if they had the first of the Heavenly Treasures? Moreover, a poison that gets instantly purified by the Sky Poison Perl, 5th in the ranks of Heavenly Treasure, being able to affect the first? What to say of actually weakening it... The Heaven Punishing Ancestral Sword is the 1st ranked precisely because its power is absolute.

Besides, if Hong'er were to be the Dragon God's daughter, you think Yun Che wouldn't feel anything from her at all? He, who has not only the blood but the marrow and soul of the Dragon God? Moreover, the Dragon God's daughter was sealed inside the sword, she was not the sword itself nor was she fused with it, but sealed.

Furthermore, Hong'er sword's name is "Heaven Smiting Devil Slayer Sword" while the 1st Heavenly Treasure is "Heaven Punishing Ancestral Sword". Even if the name were to be changed because of the daughter, it wouldn't come out that way, right?
  • I think its very much possible Honger might be the first treasure as Honger gets stronger the name might change or Honger is like a weak clone to the real sword.
  • She'll probably eat it in the future after Yun Che releases the dragon girl.
    The Universe will end one fine day. Nothing really matters. Cheers anyway!
  • Ophis said:

Besides, if Hong'er were to be the Dragon God's daughter, you think Yun Che wouldn't feel anything from her at all? He, who has not only the blood but the marrow and soul of the Dragon God? Moreover, the Dragon God's daughter was sealed inside the sword, she was not the sword itself nor was she fused with it, but sealed.
    Very good point!
  • chrish said:
    Ophis said:

Very good point!
    we don't know nothing about her and nothing about the 1st heavenly treasure. We only knows the name and that a sword, nothing else.
    Who use it in the past, how big is it, how is look like... nothing

the only bit information we knows about the treasure match with her and more important she can see jasmine in the poison pearl in YC hand, she with the reament of beast god are the only being who can see jasmine in the poison pearl.

for me she has the high possibility to be the 1st heavenly treasure.

• The main reason why i think Hong'er is the number 1 treasure is......why would Mars introduce a sword that can get stronger, then replace it later on with the strongest sword in existence when YC gets it. Wouldn't be easier to just give him that all powerful sword right now but with an appropriate for the power level nurf. Also Hong'er has an amnesia, she could have been anything including dragon's daughter
  • ser4 said:
    The main reason why i think Hong'er is the number 1 treasure is......why would Mars introduce a sword that can get stronger, then replace it later on with the strongest sword in existence when YC gets it. Wouldn't be easier to just give him that all powerful sword right now but with an appropriate for the power level nurf. Also Hong'er has an amnesia, she could have been anything including dragon's daughter
    i also think that and she can become more stronger that any other sword. if mars introduce a new sword and say this is the 1st treasure, hong'er have just to eat the sword to be more stronger. :D
  • edited September 2016
    ser4 said:
    The main reason why i think Hong'er is the number 1 treasure is......why would Mars introduce a sword that can get stronger, then replace it later on with the strongest sword in existence when YC gets it. Wouldn't be easier to just give him that all powerful sword right now but with an appropriate for the power level nurf. Also Hong'er has an amnesia, she could have been anything including dragon's daughter
    I highly, highly disagree with you, momzo and every other user here that thinks such and am far more inclined towards Ophis' line of thinking/reasoning as it actually makes sense. Towards your argument for example: why not? For one thing the mission entrusted to YC by the dragon god was to free his daughter as he believed he'd be the only one capable of it, not only because of his powers but that he'd be willing. Because YC plans to free her, I'm fairly sure the power of the sword would drop considerably if not completely, therefore the sword wouldn't be an upgrade and he'd still need Hong'er. I could be wrong here and perhaps the swords power is separate and would maintain its power even after freeing the daughter and if so, all the better, either Hong'er could absorb it or he'd have 2 great swords, one of which being a friend.

Hong'er having amnesia and being anything "even dragon god's daughter" is beyond pathetic no offense, because regardless of her memories, as was said, he has dragon god blood, marrow, and most important soul, so he WOULD feel something if she was, regardless if she remembers or not... there's just no way there wouldn't be some sort of resonance. Finally it's been said that the number 1 treasure was so powerful that even in the hands of a relatively weak person, it would allow them to fight against the gods and heavens etc, hence why it's number 1 in the first place. My theory on that is because it's drawing its power from the dragon god's daughter trapped inside, and being a god herself it would make sense as she's basically a godly battery making the sword the most powerful tool in existence, until she's removed from it, unless she's not the power source as I said and the sword merely has a prison feature as an added bonus. /rant

P.S. The other thing is that it's unclear if Hong'er would even have the ability to absorb a heavenly treasure, sword or not, we can't just assume she could absorb it. One other theory is that Hong'er would get absorbed instead and merge with the sword, replacing the dragon god's daughter while fueling the treasure, perhaps losing her ability to absorb other swords or shapeshift, not sure. 
  • Well we have seen mars using "lost memory and power" for characters before. And he also likes to overuse methods, so who is to say he is not using that again with hong'er. Also currently  YC is very week, he might not be strong enough to feel anything. But the bottom line is, that Mars is not a very deep writer so us lookin that far into the future is pointless, cuz he makes it as he goes along so he might make honger be the number one treasure and give a bullshit reason why, or might make her eat it or even do nothin with it
  • Strength has nothing to do with it, it's a matter of bloodline, which, by the way, Yun Che has a very pure one. Besides, even if he couldn't feel it, you think Jasmine wouldn't? Wouldn't be able to recognize the freaking 1st ranked of the Heavenly Treasures right in front of her? The Mirror of Samsara is ranked last despite being the most heaven-defying one just because it loses its powers after being used.

Do you seriously believe that the 1st Heavenly Treasure would lose its powers because of a crappy poison that can be purified in instants with the 5th ranked treasure? Moreover, what imbecile would try to poison a sword, a heavenly treasure at that. That's pure bullshit.

Furthermore, would their clan be wiped out if they had the freaking sword that can let mortals kill True Gods?

As for why Mars decided to give Yun Che a sword that can grow stronger with time if he's going to let Yun Che acquire the 1st treasure, I can think of at least 4 reasons on the top of my mind:

1 - So that Yun Che doesn't need to keep changing weapons along the way;
    2 - So that Hong'er will eat the first treasure and acquire its powers. The heavenly treasures are not contractible after all, if someone manages to steal it from you they can use it just fine. With Hong'er though, it would be steal-proof;
    3 - The probability of someone else acquiring the 1st treasure is there, so Mars could be giving Yun Che a weapon with the potential of possibly opposing it;
    4 - This reason is the one I think probably constitutes as the biggest reason to why Mars gave Yun Che Hong'er: simply because he wanted a little girl that could become a sword; lmao

Seriously, the only way I can possibly see Mars going with the route of Hong'er being the 1st Heavenly Treasure is if he becomes a vegetable or starts to think with his butt.
  • Ophis said:
    Strength has nothing to do with it, it's a matter of bloodline, which, by the way, Yun Che has a very pure one. Besides, even if he couldn't feel it, you think Jasmine wouldn't? Wouldn't be able to recognize the freaking 1st ranked of the Heavenly Treasures right in front of her? The Mirror of Samsara is ranked last despite being the most heaven-defying one just because it loses its powers after being used.

Do you seriously believe that the 1st Heavenly Treasure would lose its powers because of a crappy poison that can be purified in instants with the 5th ranked treasure? Moreover, what imbecile would try to poison a sword, a heavenly treasure at that. That's pure bullshit.

Furthermore, would their clan be wiped out if they had the freaking sword that can let mortals kill True Gods?

As for why Mars decided to give Yun Che a sword that can grow stronger with time if he's going to let Yun Che acquire the 1st treasure, I can think of at least 4 reasons on the top of my mind imposible :

2 - So that Hong'er will eat the first treasure and acquire its powers. The heavenly treasures are not contractible after all, if someone manages to steal it from you they can use it just fine. With Hong'er though, it would be steal-proof;
    3 - The probability of someone else acquiring the 1st treasure is there, so Mars could be giving Yun Che a weapon with the potential of possibly opposing it;
    4 - This reason is the one I think probably constitutes as the biggest reason to why Mars gave Yun Che Hong'er: simply because he wanted a little girl that could become a sword; lmao

Seriously, the only way I can possibly see Mars going with the route of Hong'er being the 1st Heavenly Treasure is if he becomes a vegetable or starts to think with his butt.
    Well you do have a point a very valid one at that. But i still think its not completely impossible for hong er to be the #1 sword, very very unlikely, but not completely impossible and about the vegetable part .......story hasnt been that good lately so who knows :)

• ser4 said:
    Ophis said:
    Strength has nothing to do with it, it's a matter of bloodline, which, by the way, Yun Che has a very pure one. Besides, even if he couldn't feel it, you think Jasmine wouldn't? Wouldn't be able to recognize the freaking 1st ranked of the Heavenly Treasures right in front of her? The Mirror of Samsara is ranked last despite being the most heaven-defying one just because it loses its powers after being used.

As for why Mars decided to give Yun Che a sword that can grow stronger with time if he's going to let Yun Che acquire the 1st treasure, I can think of at least 4 reasons on the top of my mind imposible :

Well you do have a point a very valid one at that. But i still think its not completely impossible for hong er to be the #1 sword, very very unlikely, but not completely impossible and about the vegetable part .......story hasnt been that good lately so who knows :)

You can argue that the story is not good but that in now way excuses the argument that Hong'er is the first ranked treasure simply because she is a sword. You guys realize someone is trapped inside the 1rst ranked treasure right. You realize that Hong'er is just a damn sword right. Their names are not even close to the same.
  • Ophis said:

As for why Mars decided to give Yun Che a sword that can grow stronger with time if he's going to let Yun Che acquire the 1st treasure, I can think of at least 4 reasons on the top of my mind:

I second this.1st heavenly treasure could have been acquired by someone else and as Forgotten_Fate said 1st heavenly treasure could be  fueled by Azure Dragon's daughter so YC has to fight with the guy to take her off the sword(I don't know maybe it's not good for her staying in there).But possibilites are possibilites and Mars could actually be a vegetable
  • Problem is Hong'er power over all seems unlimited. Just keep eating swords and gain power ups. What do you think will happen when YC goes to  GoD realm and  Hong'er starts eating those over powered swords? The heavenly treasures defy heavens way and Hong'er seems to do that. My theory is that  Hong'er is the sword Spirit of the 1st heavenly treasure ( not the dragon god's daughter ), and that the sword itself is a fragment of the 1st treasure. In order to mature/regain her memories ( before the spirit sword clan found her ) she would have to eat the other fragments of the heavenly treasure that have most likely scattered.

As for why the sword got fragmented in the first place, I don't think the true gods sat idle when a sword can easly kill them. I think many banded together and tried to destroy it. However the sword was too strong and they were only able to fragment it which scattered its power across the universe.

Weather Hong'er is the 1st heavenly treasure or not doesn't matter though since she can just consume it and become the heavenly treasure itself ( see way to OP )
  • ser4 said:
    Ophis said:

You can argue that the story is not good but that in now way excuses the argument that Hong'er is the first ranked treasure simply because she is a sword. You guys realize someone is trapped inside the 1rst ranked treasure right. You realize that Hong'er is just a damn sword right. Their names are not even close to the same.
    Well i was saying that the author is slipping and is turning into a "vegitable" so the story might go there ....wasnt using it as an excuse. I dont think i will start this argument again.....ever  :D
  • Kermit said:
    Problem is Hong'er power over all seems unlimited. Just keep eating swords and gain power ups. What do you think will happen when YC goes to  GoD realm and  Hong'er starts eating those over powered swords? The heavenly treasures defy heavens way and Hong'er seems to do that. My theory is that  Hong'er is the sword Spirit of the 1st heavenly treasure ( not the dragon god's daughter ), and that the sword itself is a fragment of the 1st treasure. In order to mature/regain her memories ( before the spirit sword clan found her ) she would have to eat the other fragments of the heavenly treasure that have most likely scattered.

As for why the sword got fragmented in the first place, I don't think the true gods sat idle when a sword can easly kill them. I think many banded together and tried to destroy it. However the sword was too strong and they were only able to fragment it which scattered its power across the universe.

Weather Hong'er is the 1st heavenly treasure or not doesn't matter though since she can just consume it and become the heavenly treasure itself ( see way to OP )
    Well at least that makes more sense than her being directly the 1st heavenly treasure
  • ser4 said:
    ser4 said:
    Ophis said:

Well i was saying that the author is slipping and is turning into a "vegitable" so the story might go there ....wasnt using it as an excuse. I dont think i will start this argument again.....ever  :D
    This is what I get for not reading the comment thread. Sorry.
  • edited September 2016
    well i do read it pretty often i believe i am one of the more active people in the ATG section of the forum ....... but it was summer so vacation was needed and internet wasn't a priority on vacations :D
  • Kermit said:
    Problem is Hong'er power over all seems unlimited. Just keep eating swords and gain power ups. What do you think will happen when YC goes to  GoD realm and  Hong'er starts eating those over powered swords? The heavenly treasures defy heavens way and Hong'er seems to do that. My theory is that  Hong'er is the sword Spirit of the 1st heavenly treasure ( not the dragon god's daughter ), and that the sword itself is a fragment of the 1st treasure. In order to mature/regain her memories ( before the spirit sword clan found her ) she would have to eat the other fragments of the heavenly treasure that have most likely scattered.

Know the problem with a thought like that? There was an entire clan with Hong'er that had that very same potential, yes she's a bit unique even to them but I believe they had the same absorbing abilities they did and it didn't do them a damn bit of good. Even Hong'er was dead in the water without the pearl healing her poison... For all intents and purposes Hong'er is just a living sword, saying she has unlimited potential is the same as saying every profound practitioner in the ATG universe has unlimited potential because they too can keep training and leveling up, what a coincidence right? It all comes down to resources, how many powerful swords are out there, how many she would have to absorb to reach certain levels and whether her profound gains would slow down later and balance out like other practitioners. Way too early to tell on that front. Your theory on the fragments is probably the closest thing I could accept with Hong'er's relationship towards the number 1 treasure, except again on your last sentence I'm not 100% sure that Hong'er will even be able to absorb the treasure as it's not simply just another sword.
  • The celestial spirit race got stronger by training , so they were pretty much like our humans/demons , but with additional ability to become swords. So at most Hong'er is most likely a mutation of their race , never to be seen before or since and that is a stretch being adopted daughter and all.
    Heaven Punishing Ancestral Sword is a sword before anything else , thats why it would be silly to think a poison could work on it.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• The celestial spirit race got stronger by training , so they were pretty much like our humans/demons , but with additional ability to become swords. So at most Hong'er is most likely a mutation of their race , never to be seen before or since and that is a stretch being adopted daughter and all.
    Heaven Punishing Ancestral Sword is a sword before anything else , thats why it would be silly to think a poison could work on it.
    Her origin is a bit mysterious though. Or so i remember.
    Jasmine told YC that Hung'er is a "Sword" and not a living person, yet some how poison works on her. As far as things go we don't have enough info on Hung'er or Heaven Punishing Ancestral Sword.