Untranslated gems

2»

Comments

• edited June 2016
    athlonkmf said:
    剑破仙惊 swords breaks, immortals scared (google translate...)

Yip Yuen is a very good doctor. Even though he is only 14-15 years, he has been learning medicine with his grandpa since he was 3 years old. His grandpa is a legendary doctor, of the Tao level (only one step before the ultimate level)
    But his grandpa mysteriously died after trying to cure a mysterious person and Yip Yuen is now making a living with his uncle. His grandpa left the first half of his doctor's manual to Yip Yuen. The other half has been snatched by a former friend of his grandpa.
    Yip Yuen has to get strong to retrieve the 2nd half of the manual. Lucky for Yip Yuen, the first half of the manual contains a special accupunture method which allows him to cultivate much faster than normal people.

When his uncle suddenly disappeared, leaving only a note with the word "flee!" on it, Yip Yuen is left on his own.

Yip Yuen finally made it into a sect, but was forced to join a waning division of the sect where he is the sole student of a beautiful woman. His master...

Why is this novel good? The author made sure that every character has their own story and personality. In his own words (in one of the comments) "I don't want the female leads to be a mere name. A vase which just follows the MC from beginning to end. I hope to create characters which are unique and will be remembered after finishing to books. Not due their names, but due to their personality"
    And thus the characters are very diverse and has multidimensional personalities.
    The "cheat" of the MC does not help him too much. He needs to work hard to gain powers.
    The story is made in such a way that the MC is constantly pushed to go further, never able to stay at a place for too long. The mysteries (like his grandpa's death) is not a line to follow, but are threads in a web. The conclusion of one mystery reveals other paths, which might intertwine with other story lines.

But the first 20 chapters are very confusing as it seems as if you've jumped in the story in the middle. There is no proper introduction. In fact, for a couple of chapters I didn't even know who the MC is going to be. You start with the backstory of a side character. (just like a spider web which has no true beginning)
    I like the synopsis on this one, will try translating it as an experiment. Need to practice my Chinese.
    EDIT: looks like LESYT is already doing it! I'll keep looking for other interesting works then.
  • 异界之玄幻修真   by 随芯1991

so we got our mc born in one of strongest clan of empire in western fantasy kinda of world but cultivating style  ,by the age of 1 he learned to speak and then he learn to read  after that he became a bookworm ,when he 5 they made take (the mc be like: i just wanna read books i don't want to become a mage ) a test for his magical talent  and they find he doesn't have a talent at all ,after 10 days he meets this old man who tell him he have a lot of books if he wanted to read you can come with me ,the mc be like : ok,but i need tell mom 1st and the old man tell he already told his mom ,mc then read books for 24h ,after he get tried tell the old man i need to home to eat and my family might be worried about me ,the old man tell him chill i already told you mother you will stay here for years and he gave me a dan for the hunger ,so he keeps reading books for like few years (5 years) straight,and old man tell do you want to cultivate the mc be like : nope,the old man tell you can have money and woman etc, the mc still said no to him,then old man tell  hims if you cultivate you can have a better memory and no can annoy when you're reading ,the like yes please teach me.

so we got like op mc in kinda of Slice of Life(as of now at least i'm +80 ) but with him training his own influence ,very good and fun read .
  • Griether said:

仙玉尘缘

Although I've only mtled the first 130ish chapters, so far the story has been avoiding many standard xianxia cliches.

Examples of differences:
    -In a mystical space, MC avoids others cultivators and monsters as he dislikes killing just for personnel profit
    -MC takes multiple pupils and gives them most of his treasures to aid their cultivation to the point that 1 of them who began as a mortal has just reached a higher level than the MC. Shockingly for a xianxia MC, he doesn't hide any secrets and both reveals and shares his cheat portable space with his pupils.
    -Looking for a suitable place to break through takes months. Finding one place with potential that is occupied by others, the MC would rather leave than kill them despite their unplesant rudeness.
    -The starting cheat item is a portable space but with advantages offset by limitations. Time passes twice as fast inside but the person inside is also using up their life twice as fast futhermore MC's talent is 5 times worse than the most talented cultivators so he is still growing at a slower rate than other cultivators while cutting his lifespan short. The space has land for farming but needs to absorb moonlight to grow and then grows very slowly. The energy absorbed by cultivators inside the space and by plants growing on the farm is limited so MC has to spend nights outside the space absorbing moonlight to replenish the energy used within.
    Is he a Buddha?  I am speechless.  This sounds more like a Japanese webnovel than a Chinese xianxia... Do things tend to fall into his lap and do people keep praising him for the most common idiotic things?  If it manages to avoid those two conditions, then I kind of want to read it.
  • RexRex
    edited June 2016
    souldz25 said:

异界之玄幻修真   by 随芯1991

so we got our mc born in one of strongest clan of empire in western fantasy kinda of world but cultivating style  ,by the age of 1 he learned to speak and then he learn to read  after that he became a bookworm ,when he 5 they made take (the mc be like: i just wanna read books i don't want to become a mage ) a test for his magical talent  and they find he doesn't have a talent at all ,after 10 days he meets this old man who tell him he have a lot of books if he wanted to read you can come with me ,the mc be like : ok,but i need tell mom 1st and the old man tell he already told his mom ,mc then read books for 24h ,after he get tried tell the old man i need to home to eat and my family might be worried about me ,the old man tell him chill i already told you mother you will stay here for years and he gave me a dan for the hunger ,so he keeps reading books for like few years (5 years) straight,and old man tell do you want to cultivate the mc be like : nope,the old man tell you can have money and woman etc, the mc still said no to him,then old man tell  hims if you cultivate you can have a better memory and no can annoy when you're reading ,the like yes please teach me.

so we got like op mc in kinda of Slice of Life(as of now at least i'm +80 ) but with him training his own influence ,very good and fun read .
    Sounds interesting! But I click the raw link and then seen Simba on the cover o.- so going to read it now =X

Edit: Read a few chapter and looks good will read more.
  • 神仙职员 (Immortal Office Worker) by 无罪/Innocent 

Chiu Ling Kwan, your general Chinese yuppie. After graduation, he started working at a company which seems to be having good prospective. Only to find out that he's stuck with extremely low pay at the company due to high contract breakage penalty. One day the sewer system of the company's building is clogged up. The repairmen would only be able to come the next day. Being the lucky guy that he is, he's picked out to be the hero to unclog the sewers. 
    After removing the used condoms (and a lot of curses later) from the drainage, the water started flowing again. Our sewer hero slipped and stepped on something which pierced his foot.
    That something is a magical artefact and since our hero's blood has entered it, he became the artefacts owner. His life obviously has changed. Or better said, he finally saw the hidden currents of his life.
    The ancient xianxia-novels he's read, the supernatural movies he's seen. It turns out that they're all based on reality! Cultivators exists, demons exists, witches exists! In fact, some of them are his colleagues.

Only 400+ chapters, so very fast paced. As the author said it, it's just meant to create a smile on the reader's face. Our hero is the typical geek. Nerdy, healthy interest in adult stuff, a bit vulgar at times. So there are a lot of curses and some steamy scenes. But overall it's just a very short yet fun story.  
    It's interesting how the author managed to integrate xianxia elements in modern times, and how our MC is able to understand cultivation due to his extensive xianxia knowledge (basically just like everyone here). People with supernatural powers (iceman, teleportation) are simple humans with a certain aptitude in one of the five elements. Necromancers are cultivators focussing on yin power. Ninja's are cultivators too.

This would be a very good novel to translate just for the fun of it. There are no really difficult taoist terms, the used language is nothing poetic. Great for beginners. 
  • edited July 2016
    Hey guys I just wanted to suggest to yo'll a few good novels i read sometime back there or many more i have but heres just a few that i strongly recommend looking into they or both base on city instead of ancient time like chaos sword of god and the others. and both or center around bad ass type of mc who were strong from the begin and don't allow any one to run over them tho they still get stronger trough out the story. 

the first one is My Beautiful wife president 
    the link for the raw is here but some chapters or mix up and repeats of the same chapters so for some you would have to serch up the chapter online to find the original this is only if you wish to use to raw text http://www.fxnzw.com/fxnchapter/38566.html

If you just want the already translated version from machine and just want to correct the grammatical mistakes and some wording then i already have all the chapters in the right order  from when i read it on this link 
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9XMV5I11ziWdW41cUYyaG5wbk0&usp=sharing ;

synopses 
    so the genres of the book has Comedy/action/drama/fantasy/city/harem/romance and so on 
    The MC name is Yang Chang and he came back home to china after being abroad for almost all of his life to enter in to society and live a normal life
    but due to many un foreseen events cause to mc to give up on living a normal life and do what he desire. theirs plenty of action and drama and like i say it's build in modern time the harem is pretty big tho .-. but un like some story's most of the woman in it have a character and not just some fuck toy the mc is a full fledged bad ass with no one as his master or who he bow down to  except for maybe his mother and wife at times >_> 
    heres a sneak preview of some info on the mc 

Yang Chen - Actor, looks ordinary, lazy temperament. A man wearing a ring of Pluto, with unknown mysterious past. Had grown up outside, he returned to China after the country selected in the vegetable market selling mutton string. A chance accident, get to know the beauty CEO multinational companies, as some obscure reason and can not bear seeing the woman as she is, promised to marry. Since then, the family of small contradictions, the beauty around began emerging one by one with trouble come it's way. Forgotten Realms (forgottenrealms) master. Eventually became the guardian of the world
    this book is really good so i really recommend you guys checking it out. the next one is  

Drawing a master in the city 
    this is the link to the raw http://www.feizw.com/Html/1103/Index.html ;
    unlike the other one all the chapters or in the right order and if you use chrome you can just let it do automatic translate and copy it and edit it if you wish to just correct grammatical mistakes and wording and if not then just copy the raw
    both of these books are really awesome so i just wanted to put them out there in case no one have found them yet 

I for one may like this one more then the one above. at some times this books mc is a true bad ass born to be wild and not any one in this world can control him even his wives can barely stop him at times genres or similar to above.

instead of a synopses i'll just give info on the character bio 

M.C/ Summer/Xia   -A Teenage boy who came down from a secluded life in the mountains first time entering into the city after 16 years he's about more than one hundred and seventy centimeters tall and slim, looks not to handsome, actually gives the feeling of a bit delicate, dress unexciting. Upper body is a plain white T-shirt, pants or some white washed jeans, a pair of feet marching on yellowing white sports shoes, which together a full-line head, fear is not worth one hundred yen. 

19 years old at the begin of the story claims to be the first master in the world and first doctor of the world. 

His favorite word is idiot He likes to give nick names to each of his wives and claim all woman who are below the standard of  those he give title of his wife are ugly all who gets in his way are idiots he has the strongest self esteem and mouth with the power and skills to back it up. in the book no one can beat him in an argument.

at a small age of about 3 was abandoned by his parents, grew up in Qingfeng hill, with three masters and fairy sister these 3 masters are the top in the world in there 

respected field before the mc was created

1 master is the top doctor *(nick name chef)  Guiyi Zhang Tuo,

2 master is the top knife wielder and worlds top hitman *(Nick name kill God) Alan ,

3 master is the top gunner and dark lord founder *( Nick name Dark emperor) Lu Ren  he hate

personality and traits: is easygoing rouge who don't give a shit very narcissistic self confidence. Whenever he see’s a woman whom he believes qualified to be his wife will begin referring to them as his wife even if they refuse prone to tell the truth most times then lie and most people never believe him when he tells the truth usually never sweats or bath, rain never touches,snow never fall around him,wind never crosses his body every step is like gods. and people close or touch him has the same effect happen to them. he has super sensitive nose that once he smells some one he can track them with there scent once it hasn't dispel in the air yet he also has super sensitive senses for danger even in deep sleep. 

most people think he is an idiot because of his straightforwardness and over the top ways of getting rid of trouble but it is the complete opisit he is shown to be one of the wises and smartest man in the book he just prefers to get rid of trouble the fastest way he knows by just destroying who ever gets in his way due to no matter how smart you are against absolute power it is nothing. Only when he can't use absolute power he relys more on his brain and uses some really crule ways to do it. 

nick names giving to him: little rascal,little styre,husband,little husband,summer geineus/doctor,head,heaven brother(day and heaven or the same),day brother,small day,Little bastard leader of the heaven group the top agent group in china must not offend,leader of dark group and long group together leader of shadow group. Most use quote

"My name is the summer of the season of the world's first day!"

the only person in the world to have 8 pins guards and the only person known to reach 8 pin (one needle students, two needles die, three-pin  Roubai Gu, four-pin pulp washing, five-pin Dan into six-God, seven-pin cents, eight needle Guards") Addict spirits special physics

summer rules – to save a life is ten million, save some one form death disease half of there money, never kill or hurt your wives only smash there ass if angry, only wife he fully listing to is fairy others he half listing to take consideration of your wives, if some one has idea for your wife ether kill or eunuch, violence is the quickest way to solve all things if you don't have 

enough strength to over power with violence then use your brain,4 pin guards can only be used for his wives the exception of some times woman but only if he is related,)

things he hates - being thank by man and uglys and he hates being call good he prefers to be call a little pervert because his first wife usually calls him that and he hates being call little man or little because his first wife says he's a man he dose all and every thing only for his wives, others he don't care about if the world end he would only check for them

Summer gradually became a real legend, the legend among there is then a man, he is the world first master,the world first doctor, the world most richest,the world with the best beauty, 

...... He has a lot of in the world, But most importantly, he is a happy man in the world. he has one son know as summer cold

• athlonkmf said:
    神仙职员 (Immortal Office Worker) by 无罪/Innocent 

Chiu Ling Kwan, your general Chinese yuppie. After graduation, he started working at a company which seems to be having good prospective. Only to find out that he's stuck with extremely low pay at the company due to high contract breakage penalty. One day the sewer system of the company's building is clogged up. The repairmen would only be able to come the next day. Being the lucky guy that he is, he's picked out to be the hero to unclog the sewers. 
    After removing the used condoms (and a lot of curses later) from the drainage, the water started flowing again. Our sewer hero slipped and stepped on something which pierced his foot.
    That something is a magical artefact and since our hero's blood has entered it, he became the artefacts owner. His life obviously has changed. Or better said, he finally saw the hidden currents of his life.
    The ancient xianxia-novels he's read, the supernatural movies he's seen. It turns out that they're all based on reality! Cultivators exists, demons exists, witches exists! In fact, some of them are his colleagues.

Only 400+ chapters, so very fast paced. As the author said it, it's just meant to create a smile on the reader's face. Our hero is the typical geek. Nerdy, healthy interest in adult stuff, a bit vulgar at times. So there are a lot of curses and some steamy scenes. But overall it's just a very short yet fun story.  
    It's interesting how the author managed to integrate xianxia elements in modern times, and how our MC is able to understand cultivation due to his extensive xianxia knowledge (basically just like everyone here). People with supernatural powers (iceman, teleportation) are simple humans with a certain aptitude in one of the five elements. Necromancers are cultivators focussing on yin power. Ninja's are cultivators too.

This would be a very good novel to translate just for the fun of it. There are no really difficult taoist terms, the used language is nothing poetic. Great for beginners. 

I will most likely be translating this.

• Golden Sight/Eyes 黄金瞳 By 打眼 (attract attention?)

Zhong Yue, a simple worker at an pawn shop had an accident during a robbery at the pawn shop. His eyes were hurt by gunfire. At that same moment, some cold mysterious energy entered his head.

After recovery he discovered that his eyes can expel this energy to see through things. More importantly, he can discover the same type of energy in special material. Especially antique and jade. Older or more rare material has more energy. He can extract the material's energy and add it to his own and thus increase his own power.

With this power, a world of fortune opens up for him.

This is a "modern xianxia", the setting is in modern beijing and although not really a cultivator, our MC is getting stronger and mightier (money=power).

What really attracted me to the story is the fact that it's a cultural rollercoaster. The author explains a lot about the antique and jewelry our MC will get his hands off. Even the cultural history of the antique will be explained, in a fun way. I've learned a lot from this novel.
    The story is fastpaced, the MC has extraordinary adventures and the characters are likable.

Because of this story I've read the other works of the author too.

Genius Fortune Teller 天才相师

Yip Tian, an 8 year old kids live in the outwoods. Every spare time he has, he will go to his master, an old Taoist and learn kung fu and taoist stuff.
    One time when he went to his master's shabby temple, his master was not there. It was storming and the temple is leaking. Thunder strike and the ancestor's statue fell on Yip Tian. His head was injured and his blood was absorbed by the statue, at that moment some energy flowed into his brain. 

When he woke up, he found out that this energy was actually his clan's heritage. All the lost knowledge, cultivation methods and techniques are now his to learn and use.
    He found out that the legendary cultivators are not merely legends. He is now one of them.

Once again a modern xianxia, but this time a true cultivation xianxia. Our MC will go through the Toaist cultivation stages and discovers the hidden world of cultivation and it's history.
    This is not as captivating as Golden Sight, but is a very good read nonetheless. There's less focus on cultural knowledge in the sense of antique and culture, instead the mystical history will be explained. Like the background of legendary deities and how they actually integrate into this story.

This story is in the same universe as Golden Sight and both MCs actually met eachother briefly, but will not interact anymore. It's a nice touch.

Treasure Mirror 宝鉴

13 year old Chun Fung and his sister Chun Gar lives on their own since they were 8. During a night his parents were abducted and now they're living off scraps.
    Every day Chung Fung would secretly learn martial arts by spying on his best friend during training.
    One day, a bunch of thugs are trying to abduct Chun Fung and his sister and use them to earn money as beggars and thieves. 
    Chun Fung used his martial arts and killed these thugs, but is severely injured. His sister managed to escape by jumping on a passing train.

Chung Fung was sentenced to jail, even though he's a minor. During jail, he met his master, a weird man who happens to know a lot of strange skills.

A much darker, more violent novel than the previous work of the author. The story is a rollercoaster too. Chun Fung is first a wicked smart person who will make his fortune thanks to his skills (like Golden Sight), but later the story changes and our MC will focus more on cultivation, meeting strong opponents and life and death battles (like Genius Fortune Teller).

Our MC will not meet the other two stories' MCs though.