Is this story any good?

I wanted to start this novel but I kept doubting myself cause my friend told me it was rubbish. He usually messes about so I couldn't tell whether he was being honest or not. So I just wanted to know If it's  worth reading this story. Please tell me your honest opinions. 

Comments

• Yes, it definitely is. If you like the usual cultivation type of story like ATG, or ISSTH, TDG would be a perfect match for you. For me, its a lot more exciting than ISSTH and is more well written than ATG. The plot is nice and the revelations in later chapters are also nice. Not at all rubbish 
  • But now the author only release 1 chapter every month...
    He write new novel and abandoned this novel...
  • If you like cultivation novels like ATG, ISSTH, or Desolate Era you would enjoy TDG. This novel starts off really well, and is a great read into the mid 400's. Around that point the author started powering up the MC way to fast almost as if he's rushing the ending, and then he started releasing less and less chapters, currently he's at about 1 per month like @Fanged Panda said. He started working on a new novel which has already released over 100 chapters IIRC. In all likelihood this will end up unfinished and the fans will be left wondering.
  • edited July 2016
    If you're just looking for mindless fun, then TDG is worth reading. If you're looking for anything more than that, then you're better off reading something else. 

Small spoiler suggestion: if you do end up reading TDG, just drop it before the MC returns to Glory City after the underworld competition arc. It's just not worth continuing after that. 
  • Don't read this
    story is good and all but the problem is author yes he dropped it
  • You should read it for yourself. If its bad it will not be rank no1 in novel updates.

No author did not drop it. He say in manhwa he will release tdg much more slower. He want the manhwa to catch up in the novel.
  • The story is very good but due to his improper updates the story is becoming unappealing  moreover the flow of story is very fast leaving many unclosed mysteries like xiao ning previous life in the forest
    Traitors present in divine feathers sect
    Mentioning the cultivation  lvls one time level is dao of dragon and then next lvl heavenly star too confusing.

• LingTian2 said:
    You should read it for yourself. If its bad it will not be rank no1 in novel updates.

No author did not drop it. He say in manhwa he will release tdg much more slower. He want the manhwa to catch up in the novel.
    What a nonsense lol

Manhwa will catch up novel in 10 years
  • edited August 2016
    don't read it, the story is really good, i would have advised you to read it if the author would have been more responsible for his creations, story, and ideas are really good, but the author jumps from idea to new idea every time and drop the previous one, if you look at the small parts of the story, you will enjoy it, but the big picture is big mess.
    another problem is that unlike many other novels that are translated right now, TDG's raw is not finished, and people start to doubt if it will ever be finished, which is scary thought, you will end up reading a novel that is missing ending.
  • The story is good and light-hearted but not goody-willy. The style is really good.
    However,the author didn't plan anything beforehand, and you can really feel it, especially when important infos about the past life is revealed out of nowhere. I know that you can't plan everything that happens in your story when it's this long, but you must have at least the general idea.
    So, all in all, I would normally recommend but also stating that it could be better. But since its future is uncertain, I recommend to wait.
  • This story is too good at the point:
    1. Feeling impressed reading all the MC achievement to the point of giving thumb up.
    2. Feeling confused with all the profound elements in TDG to the point of admit defeat.
    3. Feeling so much pain waiting for new chapter to the point of vomiting blood.