True Martial World spoilerz?

Comments

• CKtalon said:
    I was referring to other novels about that particular trope, not TMW.  Should of clarified.

I do have some issues with TMW but I believe it is more about how compensation is set up for the poor flow of these novels.  An example of CC using one analogy right after another.  Over-use of description where it kills the flow of a story and authors writing summaries in the consecutive chapter right after.  In TMW, the chapter where CC used the analogy of humans and ants, went into detail about ants stepping on humans as an absurd image.  Right after, used another analogy about emperors and beggars and how absurd it would be for a beggar to execute the emperor.  It was the same thing just given different imagery to convey the same info.  If we took out one of those analogies, the chapter would be much shorter even though it was already a short enough chapter.  Sometimes CC gives summaries about what happened in the last chapter like how YY beat the second floor boss to move onto the third floor.
    I have actually given him feedback about this unnecessary exposition and to reduce it about 30 chapters ago, and in my opinion, he has reduced it somewhat. 
    As for summaries, I think it's reasonable, since readers don't only follow his novel. They might be storing chapters, might be confused with all the characters from the different novels they are readings, so a 1-2 paragraph recap seems ok. It's not that many words anyway.
      I would agree, it is one of the better novels out there.  LOL, I do stack up the chapters and needless to say repetitive info becomes more glaring.

From MW to TMW, his writing about interpersonal relationship is much better.  TMW characters has more of a range of personality.  YY seems a lot more human in nature compared to LM.  I like YY's reaction better when his sister was threatned and he shows more range of human emotion through action.

He has more chapters when it comes to relationship building than just mostly plot building.  Like the chapter Bliss from the beginning that had an entire chapter about YY and his sister living together and caring about one another.  It helps hook the reader by making them more relatable.

I like how he made Nantian evolve through trauma as it was a traumatic experience.

I could just post the positives, and there are plenty, but with criticism, CC can improve as an author.  The story was much better recently as most of us has noticed.

Btw, I wish this were on my kindle.  That was how I got into LNs in the first place was MGA on kindle and it was nice reading chapters one after another.  Would not mind the same for TMW as well.

• edited July 2016
    Someone call Yun Che so that he can teach YY what he has to do once he meets and rescues LX XD. Now he can literally warm up LX with his Yang....excuse me, Pure Yang seed.
  • Someone call Yun Che so that he can teach YY what he has to do once he meets and rescues LX XD. Now he can literally warm up LX with his Yang....excuse me, Pure Yang seed.
    ...c-chill...

Anyways, I'm curious as to how he can prevent the cold from getting to her because it certainly isn't through yuan qi. Maybe he'll make use of Pure Yang laws that he gained insight into while gaining the perfect Pure Yang body??
  • I don't know why but somehow I really hate LX *sigh* I hope this end quickly so we can move on 
  • edited July 2016
    So no OPed totem level up for YY?????? At least he will be able to earn some love points now...
  • arlos31 said:
    I don't know why but somehow I really hate LX *sigh* I hope this end quickly so we can move on 
    Yeah, maybe because I am so used to female characters that are dependent on the MC that I don't like her. I also don't like that she's so much stronger than YY. Subconsiousnaly, she looks down on YY. I mean she's always saying that she's superior to YY.
  • They will both probably get an OP power boost if they complete the task that LX is currently trying to complete. 
  • edited July 2016
    vex said:
    They will both probably get an OP power boost if they complete the task that LX is currently trying to complete. 
    Yeah but she'd already OP so if she gets another then it wouldn't be too different from how it is right now. Also, because the tower is practically created for yin meridians cultivator, her power boost is going to surpass YY's.
  • arlos31 said:
    I don't know why but somehow I really hate LX *sigh* I hope this end quickly so we can move on 
    Yeah, maybe because I am so used to female characters that are dependent on the MC that I don't like her. I also don't like that she's so much stronger than YY. Subconsiousnaly, she looks down on YY. I mean she's always saying that she's superior to YY.
    I do feel she has a bit of arrogance ... Or rather, she feel entitled to a lot of things, which piss me off. 

• arlos31 said:
    she has better training, resources, background and she is stronger that him she is literally just speaking the truth..............
  • Nothing wrong with LX being stronger than YY considering she's older than him by a bit and as you know age differences between genius's usually mean a disparity in power. 

YY will probably surpass her when he get's benefits from the Pure Yang Sword Palace (PYSP for him, GAT for her). And plus, it's not like she's behaved negatively towards him at any point so far (the opposite in fact). 
  • I wonder if the tower spirit was related to the power which gives marks. After all YY should get tons of them after obliterating everything in his path in latest chapter. Last time he got 18 marks, but this time it was purely one sided annihilation... 
  • vexvex
    edited July 2016
    Sparteh said:
    I wonder if the tower spirit was related to the power which gives marks. After all YY should get tons of them after obliterating everything in his path in latest chapter. Last time he got 18 marks, but this time it was purely one sided annihilation... 
    >tfw if this is true then SN will gain nothing from the tower
    >tfw his jimmies will further be rustled

lol.

• edited July 2016
    I guess no second chapter.

Shouldnt YY have goten marks when he passed the 4th level?the last chapter says that the tower runs normaly under the residual power..i just hope the author doesnt forget it.he should probably get more than the last time too right?its supposed to be harder.

i also wonder how SN is doing.cant wait to see his reaction when he is all proud about entering the "same" lvl as YY and then finding out that he got outclassed once again :D

oh i also think we will learn about the cultivation levels after the end of this trial when their results are evaluated by the tower.
  • I really can't believe he still be in the Yuan Foundation 
    I hoped he be early Dao Seed now

• Tbh the Yuan Foundation realm for YY was swept over really quick. Like I don't even think he was mentioned to be Mid Yuan Foundation (just early to late). 
  • vex said:
    Tbh the Yuan Foundation realm for YY was swept over really quick. Like I don't even think he was mentioned to be Mid Yuan Foundation (just early to late). 
    He was mid Yuan foundation at Chapter 431, after he went into reclusive training after absorbing the Great Empress relic.
  • CKtalon said:
    vex said:
    Tbh the Yuan Foundation realm for YY was swept over really quick. Like I don't even think he was mentioned to be Mid Yuan Foundation (just early to late). 
    He was mid Yuan foundation at Chapter 431, after he went into reclusive training after absorbing the Great Empress relic.
    Ow yeah, turns out it was superficially mentioned. So it was the late yuan stage that was completely skipped. 
  • vex said:
    CKtalon said:
    vex said:
    Ow yeah, turns out it was superficially mentioned. So it was the late yuan stage that was completely skipped. 
    Yeah, the red lotus' seeds helped him reach the peak stage of the yuan foundation realm.
  • wait so is he dao seed realm now?
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • aashish said:
    wait so is he dao seed realm now?
    No, peak yuan. 
  • Will  Yi Yun ever create his own clan the yun clan or any other organization or sect ,how many children will he have ,will yi yun ever have his own personal island, mountain or any other type of place.will yi yun have his own personal army .
  • dude how are we supposed to know??
    the translations have caught up with the raws^^
  • No chapter today?
  • Sparteh said:
    No chapter today?
    Nope

I even had a bet that we would reach 500 this week end *sigh*
  • Well i wander who that specter is gona poses, my bet is on the SN guy either that or he will try for YY and get owned by the purple  crystal.
  • ser4 said:
    Well i wander who that specter is gona poses, my bet is on the SN guy either that or he will try for YY and get owned by the purple  crystal.
    He won't even get close to YY with energy vision probly instant killed if YY see him make a move for LX
  • but he wont go for LX now cuz he is scared of her willpower and as u said he cant touch (or at least we think he cant) YY so the only one that's left is SN
  • He might not be able to over power SN in terms of will power considering SN at this point would let nothing get in the way of his vengeance, he even got more powerful by tapping into this rage of his. 
  • I seriously could have done without this chapter it just pissed me off ......not cuz of the content, but cuz of the cliffhanger.