Conspiracy about Mad Snail

Comments

• @CKtalon ;

I've just realized that you're TMW's translator. Thank you for all your effort! I started about a week ago and I already caught up.

PS: gravitytales mobile (iOS) website is very poorly optimized. It forcedly restartes the tab every couple of minutes and slow down the whole browser. Do you know what I can do to solve this?
  • Update:

http://i.imgur.com/bIOasvE.png 

The second one is the new novel, and yes, he is working on three manhua. In chapter 86 of the manhua,

http://ac.qq.com/ComicView/index/id/533395/cid/111

The upper text says

Hi, nice to meet all you readers!

Informing everyone,Our work studio currently has three manhua that are serialized, and they are all brought free to our readers!Please add to your bookshelf and support it greatly!

This pretty much confirms the conspiracy that Mad Snail is the other author writing 星武神诀 under another alias. The link to the new manhua: http://ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/543605

As for the new novel, 星武神诀, it is already at Chapter 121, updated 2016-06-29 14:30:53 China Standard Time.

• edited June 2016
    CKtalon said:
    Update:

http://i.imgur.com/bIOasvE.png 

The second one is the new novel, and yes, he is working on three manhua. In chapter 86 of the manhua,

http://ac.qq.com/ComicView/index/id/533395/cid/111

The upper text says

Hi, nice to meet all you readers!

Informing everyone,Our work studio currently has three manhua that are serialized, and they are all brought free to our readers!Please add to your bookshelf and support it greatly!

This pretty much confirms the conspiracy that Mad Snail is the other author writing 星武神诀 under another alias. The link to the new manhua: http://ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/543605

As for the new novel, 星武神诀, it is already at Chapter 121, updated 2016-06-29 14:30:53 China Standard Time.

Well at this point that seems to be true, it really is a shame this novel was really good

Thanks for the info CKtalon
  • Honestly disappointing, especially for the fans that supported him thinking he was going through personal issues, instead he was just lying, if you are going to start a new project either end the other one or be honest about what you are doing. 
  • It really is a shame, the author has talent and the stories he writes have potential, but he's lacking that one fundamental thing to make it all a success: Finishing what he started, or at least, finishing it properly and not rushing it half-assed etc. I hate to see him doing this to TDG as I love the novel, I can only hope he comes back to his senses at some point and gets back to writing it seriously instead of writing it off. Not gonna hold my breath though, not boding well from looks of things, all cuz of new projects that in all likelihood will also end unresolved... sigh
  • leave it to the chinese readers to bash the author's novels. he'd learn that this is not a very smart move.
  • So yall would keep working on something of your own creation where others got rich off it while you got pennies?  I hate that this story is probably as good as dead but if he's getting screwed on royalties then I would stop and do something else too.

That's all assuming this is actually a contract dispute and not a case of adhd.
  • So what makes you think he has a contract issue? the usual contracts of books sites actually needs him to churn out x words per period. The fact that he can skip writing this novel and creating another one means he doesn't have some contract dispute. Especially if he comes up with stories about family being sick and dying.

If he doesn't understand that it's not a good thing to anger your fanbase, then he's a total tool.
  • athlonkmf said:
    So what makes you think he has a contract issue? the usual contracts of books sites actually needs him to churn out x words per period. The fact that he can skip writing this novel and creating another one means he doesn't have some contract dispute. Especially if he comes up with stories about family being sick and dying.

If he doesn't understand that it's not a good thing to anger your fanbase, then he's a total tool.
    I think that because he stated so himself on his twitter social media thing.  The link is in this very thread...
  • Personally, I'm just not buying it, especially since it's coming from the author whom we unfortunately already know tends to lie/exaggerate. Plus earlier in the thread it was posted that it's not the first novel he's done this too, so it doesn't strike me that likely that it's a contract issue but is more like a habit on his end, rushing endings or not finishing at all and if that's the case it's truly unfortunate. If he's telling the truth then I sympathize but as I said, at this point I don't have that much faith in anything the author uses as an excuse especially when they go on making manhua's and other novels in the meantime.
  • Hiyono said:
    kr33d said:
    i doubt i will have enough faith to read his other books if he does this!!
    Somehow I doubt the author feels very threatened by this threat lol
    Sorry to say but I'm sure that he would actually be very threatened by that as he has indeed lost a considerable backing from his choices. His fan base has indeed dropped considerably due to his actions
  • Hiyono said:
    kr33d said:
    i doubt i will have enough faith to read his other books if he does this!!
    Somehow I doubt the author feels very threatened by this threat lol
    Sorry to say but I'm sure that he would actually be very threatened by that as he has indeed lost a considerable backing from his choices. His fan base has indeed dropped considerably due to his actions
    Yea who is to say he won't do it again?
  • Dog act. If he is trying to make move into the mahua business guess it's easier than writing light novels. Same plot just drastically reduced word count. It's just LN mahuas are usually shitty summaries of the novel so dunno how successful it will be without the light novel fan base backing it
  • Though really want to read a few chapters of that mask man manhua now, just to see what it's about because it looks like a Chinese bleach 
  • So is it really true then ?? if it is well i won't really care... i mean i like to read TDG but it never came close to be one of my favorite novels =/ i just won't ever again read a novel from this guy on the future.
  • Raw 440 was posted today so he hasn't completely abandoned it yet but it's also clearly not his main focus anymore.
  • I really think you guys are thinking to much about it. This is a bussiness for him and he will do things to gain more profit. He realised his series has a lot of impact on the west and on the east. Mangas sell more than LN its normal for him to try and switch his aim into manhuas. LN can be more deep and make you go into a deeper world, but the mayority of people will read mangas because its easier. His character has been compared to Naruto which most people know is a money maker character of the manga industry. He is just trying to take this oportunity to focus on things that will make him richer. If you have the oportunity to generate more profit wouldnt you do it? You guys think he will drop the novel and finish it quick when he can make more money of it?? The image http://i.imgur.com/bIOasvE.png shows exactly what im saying. More manhuas more money. I dont know if you guys read manga but for example Naruto ended in 2014 and the anime is just barely at the end of it because of the amount of fillers it has. The revenue companies make selling seasons is huge!! Why stop when you can keep milking the cow?
  • So because the artstyle is similar to Naruto it's going to make tons of money...what? Also Chinese Manga business is really small in the West.
  • Nabcake said:
    So because the artstyle is similar to Naruto it's going to make tons of money...what? Also Chinese Manga business is really small in the West.

agreed, manhua is not even as popular in asia as compared to manga
  • dont knw much about this writer so can anyone tell if this thing have happened in previous works of his?
  • dont knw much about this writer so can anyone tell if this thing have happened in previous works of his?
    He started TDG before his previous work ended and the ending of his previous work was really rushed, similarly how TDG is now with NL getting really quick powerups in a few chapters.
  • His new novel (the one on zhenqi) got manhua adaptation (5 chapter on acqq). Artist are same group who did TDG (tang xue dong man).
    Too much solid proof , no more excuses can be made.
  • thank you all for the valuable information... I stopped reading even raws now... such a great potential but ruined.... very unfortunate... the story had a very good potential, a very nice setting.... very few reincarnation stories that I enjoyed...the beginning part I mean...
  • edited July 2016
    Man in classic chinese terms, the author slapped his fans who then fell like kite without strings. But little did he know that his fans were really Mt Tai and he could not see it :c
  • Let the chinese fans deal with him, they got billions people there, and those guy will get nasty lmao
  • The reason the author is laggng the chapter because his father.he needed time inorder to focus on tdg.it will take time but he will surely complete tdg as a whole.
  • blue fire said:
    The reason the author is laggng the chapter because his father.he needed time inorder to focus on tdg.it will take time but he will surely complete tdg as a whole.
    His father has passed away already. And he has been releasing 2-3 chapters a day of his novel which is already at 160. He began writing the new novel on April 23. So no, his focus is not on TDG, because clearly he can still produce chapters for his new novel.
  • edited July 2016
    The reason Manhua is not that popular because They have too much drama base story... and also Ntr...
  • can someone tell me, what is the latest chapter in raw right now? the translation almost 400 chapter right now