Untranslated gems

Here are some currently untranslated novels I've read/am reading and really recommends. In case some translator is looking for something new to translate, and hopefully others would give some recommendations too.

混沌雷修 (loosely: Chaos Thunder Cultivation)

plot: his parents were the geniuses of the tao sect. But they were apparently killed while on a mission when he was barely 6. As he apparently did not excel in any of the 5 elements, in fact, all 5 elements are in balance in his body. Thus our fatty is deemed to be trash and does not deserve the respect his parents had.
He is allowed to have one task, to collect garbage of the sect until he reaches the initial test-age where he has to proof to be worthy to stay in the sect.
Our fatty has no choice but to cultivate the only heritage his parents gave him. A mysterious black pearl.
Unfortunately for him, this pearl seems to be only useful for... collecting garbage...

Review: awesome epicness. It's a xianxia story comparable to ISSTH, only more ruthless and fun. We get to see the obvious weak to strong plot, but also large scale interstellar battle strategy. Spanning several "generations".
I find it very entertaining and detailed. The "there are even stronger beings"-plot is explained and used in the smoothest way I've ever seen in a XianXia-story. You KNOW there are stronger ones, and you'll accept it much easier.
This is what you get when you merge ISSTH, ATG and Mushokou Tensei together. 
Only downside might be the ending. It's rushed. The author apparently was writing several novels at that time and needed to end this one to focus on another.

Comments

• edited June 2016

<>
  • athlonkmf said:

Here are some currently untranslated novels I've read/am reading and really recommends. In case some translator is looking for something new to translate, and hopefully others would give some recommendations too.

混沌雷修 (loosely: Chaos Thunder Cultivation)

plot: his parents were the geniuses of the tao sect. But they were apparently killed while on a mission when he was barely 6. As he apparently did not excel in any of the 5 elements, in fact, all 5 elements are in balance in his body. Thus our fatty is deemed to be trash and does not deserve the respect his parents had.
    He is allowed to have one task, to collect garbage of the sect until he reaches the initial test-age where he has to proof to be worthy to stay in the sect.
    Our fatty has no choice but to cultivate the only heritage his parents gave him. A mysterious black pearl.
    Unfortunately for him, this pearl seems to be only useful for... collecting garbage...

Review: awesome epicness. It's a xianxia story comparable to ISSTH, only more ruthless and fun. We get to see the obvious weak to strong plot, but also large scale interstellar battle strategy. Spanning several "generations".
    I find it very entertaining and detailed. The "there are even stronger beings"-plot is explained and used in the smoothest way I've ever seen in a XianXia-story. You KNOW there are stronger ones, and you'll accept it much easier.
    This is what you get when you merge ISSTH, ATG and Mushokou Tensei together. 
    Only downside might be the ending. It's rushed. The author apparently was writing several novels at that time and needed to end this one to focus on another.

Wow this seems extremely interesting!
  • I'll second that, the first story sounds interesting.  Does the rushed ending cause very many problems, is it still wrapped up properly with no real iritating parts?
  • I'll second that, the first story sounds interesting.  Does the rushed ending cause very many problems, is it still wrapped up properly with no real iritating parts?

No, it's wrapped up properly. Well, actually. The big bad guy gets defeated and that's about it. It'd be nice to have a "what happens after that"-story to wrap up. But thinking back about the saga in it's whole, that'd be overkill actually. 
    Because after actually growing up with the MC, you already know how he'll "live" his life afterwards.

The author's other story is very bland though. Instead of the nice gradually growing up, the new MC gets overpowered in an instance. Really disappointing. I guess that's why the author never wrote anything afterwards (the new story ended in 2013).
  • 凡人修仙传 (or: a mortal's journey towards immortality)
    The name says it all. A young boy in an ordinary farmer's family gets to be introduced into a sect and has a bunch of encounters before actually reaching the realm of immortals.

Beautiful covers, even a game with the same name. You'd expect it to be another epic story. And it might be, in a literary way. The scenes and cultivation methods are explained very detailed. Think Lord Of The Rings-books detailed.

But the plot is so boring... The MC actually has no real motivation to become stronger or even to reach the immortal's realm. There's no revenge. There is no romance. There is no friendship. In fact, there is a scene where he starts to get stronger and has gotten magic powers. He then goes back to his family and at a distance see his baby sister being married off.
    The author literally says that this is the moment where the MC has cut all ties with his family in order to cultivate.
    The MC also had several chances of romance and friendship. But he gave it all up for cultivation.
    He actually spends decades just cultivating. (even though his seniors are all surprised at his speed)

In the end, as a reader you're wondering why one would want to become immortal. Because the MC has lived a life far less fulfilling than any mortal he'd encountered. All the MC has is power...

If that's what the author's intended, then he's reached his goal. But 2446 chapters to write this out is a bit too much... especially when it actually ends with the words "welcome to the heavens"....
  • 惟我独仙 (or: For I am the sole/ultimate immortal ) A rather unknown standalone novel by the famous  Tang Jia San Shao 唐家三少, the author of Douluo Dalu.

Synopsys: Hoi Lung (Ocean's Dragon) is an orphan and just want to be a lumberjack. Working had to put food on the table and have a stable life.
    His best friend, a childhood friend (or adoptive brother) is a daydreamer and hears that in a couple of months some deities will come to their town to recruit new students.
    His friend convinced Hoi Lung to try to get into the deity sect as that means he'd never have to worry about food anymore.

Of course, Hoi Lung gets accepted and his friend not. There, the life of Hoi Lung will change forever.

Review: I think it's San Shao's xianxia experiment. The story is not part of the DD-universe and can be read standalone.
    Unlike SS's other novels, there is a huge harem in this story.

It's less polished, the MC's character is very arrogant and unsocialable. More than once I'd think "how could he react like that? is he autistic or something?"
    However, the mysteries will keep you reading through the many arcs of the story. Who is that mysterious teacher of HL, why are the deities acting so evil, how would HL get the ancient powers?

The thing that attracted me and kept me reading is the usage of "classic deities"-characters and the explanation of the planes. We get to see them all: the 8 immortals, the 3-eyed god, the heaven emperor.

Overall, it's a fun read.
  • athlonkmf said:
    凡人修仙传 (or: a mortal's journey towards immortality)
    The name says it all. A young boy in an ordinary farmer's family gets to be introduced into a sect and has a bunch of encounters before actually reaching the realm of immortals.

Beautiful covers, even a game with the same name. You'd expect it to be another epic story. And it might be, in a literary way. The scenes and cultivation methods are explained very detailed. Think Lord Of The Rings-books detailed.

But the plot is so boring... The MC actually has no real motivation to become stronger or even to reach the immortal's realm. There's no revenge. There is no romance. There is no friendship. In fact, there is a scene where he starts to get stronger and has gotten magic powers. He then goes back to his family and at a distance see his baby sister being married off.
    The author literally says that this is the moment where the MC has cut all ties with his family in order to cultivate.
    The MC also had several chances of romance and friendship. But he gave it all up for cultivation.
    He actually spends decades just cultivating. (even though his seniors are all surprised at his speed)

In the end, as a reader you're wondering why one would want to become immortal. Because the MC has lived a life far less fulfilling than any mortal he'd encountered. All the MC has is power...

If that's what the author's intended, then he's reached his goal. But 2446 chapters to write this out is a bit too much... especially when it actually ends with the words "welcome to the heavens"....
    It's translated.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • athlonkmf said:

It's translated.
    Check the date of my post and the post of the start of the translation...
  • edited March 2016
    athlonkmf said:
    athlonkmf said:

It's translated.
    Check the date of my post and the post of the start of the translation...
    Ik, the original TL was before you said it, but that TLer stopped TLing it and Bluefire took it over. It was TLed from September.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • Currently reading and enjoying 妖神 (Demon God/God of Demons/ Demonic God)
    I've not completely finished it, but I'm already at chapter 500 out of 788 chapters. And it's still enjoyable, so might as well write a shoutout.

In this world, orphans or just anyone without any hope for this world can apply to become a "living target". Their sole purpose is to be a practicing dummy for the students of the sect. 
    These students train to become Demon Hunters.
    To test their training on living, walking beings of flesh and blood. In exchange, they will be provided with food & shelter.
    Their existence value is lower than a slave, but if they manage to survive a few years they can receive a life long pension. 

Siu Hon is a so called "living target".  One time he witnessed the Demon Hunters disposing a demon. When the demon died, something entered Siu Hon's heart. No one saw that, and even Siu Hon himself did not feel anything weird.
    But that thing in his heart gave Siu Hon visions, and the first one is a cultivation method which allows Siu Hon to absorb damage to enhance his body. (Should come in handy in his profession)

Siu Hon life obviously became a bit more exciting, especially after that thing lead him to absorb a Demon hand. Which in turns allows him to absorb Demon's energy and even demon skills.

-----------

This is a short and really fastpaced xianxia. Your ordinary zero-to-hero story. But because of the fast pace and the MC's character, it's never boring to read. Might not be of everyone's taste, as the MC gets strong really fast.

Lord Fifth said:

Ik, the original TL was before you said it, but that TLer stopped TLing it and Bluefire took it over. It was TLed from September.
    And therefor irrelevant in this topic.
  • athlonkmf said:
    Currently reading and enjoying 妖神 (Demon God/God of Demons/ Demonic God)
    I've not completely finished it, but I'm already at chapter 500 out of 788 chapters. And it's still enjoyable, so might as well write a shoutout.

In this world, orphans or just anyone without any hope for this world can apply to become a "living target". Their sole purpose is to be a practicing dummy for the students of the sect. 
    To test their training on living, walking beings of flesh and blood. In exchange, they will be provided with food & shelter.
    Their existence value is lower than a slave, but if they manage to survive a few years they can receive a life long pension. 

Siu Hon is a so called "living target".  One time he witnessed the Demon Hunters disposing a demon. When the demon died, something entered Siu Hon's heart. No one saw that, and even Siu Hon himself did not feel anything weird.
    But that thing in his heart gave Siu Hon visions, and the first one is a cultivation method which allows Siu Hon to absorb damage to enhance his body. (Should come in handy in his profession)

Siu Hon life obviously became a bit more exciting, especially after that thing lead him to absorb a Demon hand. Which in turns allows him to absorb Demon's energy and even demon skills.

-----------

This is a short and really fastpaced xianxia. Your ordinary zero-to-hero story. But because of the fast pace and the MC's character, it's never boring to read. Might not be of everyone's taste, as the MC gets strong really fast.

Lord Fifth said:

And therefor irrelevant in this topic.
    ?

• Yuen Tian comes from a powerful class 2 clan. However, he has taken his mother's surname and is now named Wong Tian.  This is because his father's side of the family had to flee when he was still a young kid. His uncle has been plotting against his father which resulted in a million miles chase to the death.
    YT's direct family members were all injured. He himself almost died, if it wasn't for his grandpa who took the final blow for YT. His grandpa, once a legendary fighter, is now crippled. All his family members dropped in fighting power due to their injuries.

YT's cultivation is also limited due to his injuries as a child. Nevertheless, he entered a sword school and worked hard to gain enough power for revenge and to cure his family.
    This was hopeless as his cultivation is painstakingly slow. Until one time he fell into a pond where a sword spirit entered his body, curing his injuries.

------------------------

Why i like this:

Fast paced.
    MC grows strong really fast, had a lot of cultivation methods and will excell in multiple subject (including creating a Hulk Buster Ironman armour). But each time when MC grows way to strong, stronger opponents will appear. However this is done smoothly (actually, they are created by MC's actions)

Interesting opponents
    His opponents are interesting (but still the arrogant pricks ) and distinct. Very satisfying to see how they get to their ends.

Funny allies
    MC is not a loner. Although he usually acts alone, he will have allies and friends. Most of them very funny.

Non-boring story arcs
    A lot of arcs in this novel, each one is unique and exciting (the "secret dimension adventure"-plots are limited)

• edited June 2016
    狂徒修神(i don't know the original site ) by 妖魂 ,i like to say i mtl this story
    so we get Xiao chen the "waste" of xiao clan who get his engagemen renounced from the yang clan young lady who's one of the three (yang, xiao, & prince ) strongest clan in the city so he goes this sect where he likes to hang out to find it get exterminated by unknown expert who's looking for "wind jade" who half kills him and leaves him there,so the blood turn into a fog which enters his dantian which changed his physique by the help of the dying  soul of old man who's a powerhouse who passed to him ,a practice technique and Cosmos Sack(storage bag )and became his master.
    you may say what different from other story's !? .

• he doesn't comeback to his clan after what happened to him ....well not until his strong as other clan heads of the city (about 3 years absent ).
    • he makes his own sect which has a lot of his friends/allies his met in his journey.
    • his friends/allies aren't just forgotten through the story ,most of them are in the( / mentioned through ) 75%  story (2000 chapters  ),even character who aren't 100% enemy/friend are mentioned sometimes.
    • he power up quite fast.
    • he's best friend is winged white tiger .
    fanatic martial god

• edited April 2016
    EDIT: nvm

The Almighty Froppy
  • edited April 2016
    souldz25 said:
    so we get Xiao chen the "waste" of xiao clan who get his engagemen renounced from the yang clan young lady who's one of the three (yang, xiao, & prince ) strongest clan in the city so he goes this sect where he likes to hang out to find it get exterminated by unknown expert who's looking for "wind jade" who half kills him and leaves him there,so the blood turn into a fog which enters his dantian which changed his physique by the help of the dying  soul of old man who's a powerhouse who passed to him ,a practice technique and Cosmos Sack(storage bag )and became his master.
    • he doesn't comeback to his clan after what happened to him ....well not until his strong as other clan heads of the city (about 3 years absent ).
    • he makes his own sect which has a lot of his friends/allies his met in his journey.
    • his friends/allies aren't just forgotten through the story ,most of them are in the( / mentioned through ) 75%  story (2000 chapters  ),even character who aren't 100% enemy/friend are mentioned sometimes.
    I might be wrong but I do remember some series starting out with a wind jade but it really sounds like Peerless Martial God but some things don't so I think it is something else.
  • Nordic said:
    souldz25 said:
    I might be wrong but I do remember some series starting out with a wind jade but it really sounds like Peerless Martial God but some things don't so I think it is something else.
    The start is also eerily similar to BTTH. lol But interesting novel.

The Almighty Froppy
  • edited May 2016
    主宰之王 (The king of domination) 
    Chiu Fung, your regular subpar talent is about to be kicked out of the school because he's the regular subpar talent....
    Before that happens, during an incident, something entered his right eye and (besides giving him excruciating pain) transforms his eye.
    He gains the power of sight. Able to see through details, remembering and understanding everything he sees. While the story progress, his sight powers evolves, allowing him to use elemental powers through his eye. While he's copying the skills of other experts.

Interesting character, nice story flow. There are no forced "let's throw in some dimensional quest and tournaments". Of course these cliches are used, but in a natural way which suits the story very well. They're there for a reason.
    Minor thing is that these occurrences throws MC into a complete new arc.

HUGE plottwist around 70% of the book which makes you think "Did I just read 700 chapters of an intro?"

(however, the book lost momentum near the end. The author explained that the publisher asked him to prolong the story because it's getting good results. So the author used the cliche tournaments+dimensional exploring anyway... He dragged the story from 30k to 50k words.... The ending is also rushed because 2 months before ending, the author started another book)
  • athlonkmf said:
    Chiu Fung, your regular subpar talent is about to be kicked out of the school because he's the regular subpar talent....
    Before that happens, during an incident, something entered his right eye and (besides giving him excruciating pain) transforms his eye.
    He gains the power of sight. Able to see through details, remembering and understanding everything he sees. While the story progress, his sight powers evolves, allowing him to use elemental powers through his eye. While he's copying the skills of other experts.

Interesting character, nice story flow. There are no forced "let's throw in some dimensional quest and tournaments". Of course these cliches are used, but in a natural way which suits the story very well. They're there for a reason.
    Kakashi? :D
  • athlonkmf said:

author is definitely a naruto fan.
  • Vexram said:
    athlonkmf said:

author is definitely a naruto fan.
    Lol, ikr
  • 将夜 (The Night or Jiang Ye)

- Chang An, capital of Tang, the most powerful empire in the continent. A heaven wrecking massacre shook the city to its core. Amidst the incident, a young boy named Ning Que managed to get away, dug out from a pile of corpses along with a little girl called Sang Sang. Years passed, and since that day the two of them lived together. Together with Sang Sang they both entered the military, with plausible military achievements, they were recommended into the Scholar School, which began their miraculous journey.

Quickest summary would be the MC has hidden talent in him and
    memories from time traveling from modern time period to ancient time
    but still has his set of difficulties.

It was apparently dropped after being translated up to Ch.75. It's already completed and there's a manhua currently being translated at the moment, but it's still in its early chapters.
  • 剑破仙惊 swords breaks, immortals scared (google translate...)

Yip Yuen is a very good doctor. Even though he is only 14-15 years, he has been learning medicine with his grandpa since he was 3 years old. His grandpa is a legendary doctor, of the Tao level (only one step before the ultimate level)
    But his grandpa mysteriously died after trying to cure a mysterious person and Yip Yuen is now making a living with his uncle. His grandpa left the first half of his doctor's manual to Yip Yuen. The other half has been snatched by a former friend of his grandpa.
    Yip Yuen has to get strong to retrieve the 2nd half of the manual. Lucky for Yip Yuen, the first half of the manual contains a special accupunture method which allows him to cultivate much faster than normal people.

When his uncle suddenly disappeared, leaving only a note with the word "flee!" on it, Yip Yuen is left on his own.

Yip Yuen finally made it into a sect, but was forced to join a waning division of the sect where he is the sole student of a beautiful woman. His master...

Why is this novel good? The author made sure that every character has their own story and personality. In his own words (in one of the comments) "I don't want the female leads to be a mere name. A vase which just follows the MC from beginning to end. I hope to create characters which are unique and will be remembered after finishing to books. Not due their names, but due to their personality"
    And thus the characters are very diverse and has multidimensional personalities.
    The "cheat" of the MC does not help him too much. He needs to work hard to gain powers.
    The story is made in such a way that the MC is constantly pushed to go further, never able to stay at a place for too long. The mysteries (like his grandpa's death) is not a line to follow, but are threads in a web. The conclusion of one mystery reveals other paths, which might intertwine with other story lines.

But the first 20 chapters are very confusing as it seems as if you've jumped in the story in the middle. There is no proper introduction. In fact, for a couple of chapters I didn't even know who the MC is going to be. You start with the backstory of a side character. (just like a spider web which has no true beginning)
  • athlonkmf said:

-----------

Is this translated already? Really liking this one.
  • ilesyt said:
    athlonkmf said:

-----------

Is this translated already? Really liking this one.
    Not yet
  • edited June 2016
    -
  • edited June 2016
  • souldz25 said:
    Ah. good. it's already translated. Will remove it here then.
  • 仙玉尘缘

Although I've only mtled the first 130ish chapters, so far the story has been avoiding many standard xianxia cliches.

Examples of differences:
    -In a mystical space, MC avoids others cultivators and monsters as he dislikes killing just for personnel profit
    -MC takes multiple pupils and gives them most of his treasures to aid their cultivation to the point that 1 of them who began as a mortal has just reached a higher level than the MC. Shockingly for a xianxia MC, he doesn't hide any secrets and both reveals and shares his cheat portable space with his pupils.
    -Looking for a suitable place to break through takes months. Finding one place with potential that is occupied by others, the MC would rather leave than kill them despite their unplesant rudeness.
    -The starting cheat item is a portable space but with advantages offset by limitations. Time passes twice as fast inside but the person inside is also using up their life twice as fast futhermore MC's talent is 5 times worse than the most talented cultivators so he is still growing at a slower rate than other cultivators while cutting his lifespan short. The space has land for farming but needs to absorb moonlight to grow and then grows very slowly. The energy absorbed by cultivators inside the space and by plants growing on the farm is limited so MC has to spend nights outside the space absorbing moonlight to replenish the energy used within.
  • (Limitless Sword God)

[Su Yun was a prodigy, blessed by the gods. However, life is never so easy. Soon after reaching 6th stage in spirit novice realm cultivation, his progress stagnated due to incurring a rare medical condition.

A few years go by, and Su Yun has spent all his time gambling or drinking, wasting his youth away, but one day everything changes. Qing Er, the only one who stood by him was forced by his clan to be a sacrificial bride to someone she didn’t love, only to be executed by the groom on the wedding night for fleeing. Burning for revenge, he scoured the world for a cure for his rare medical condition from both righteous and villainous side.

Countless years go by, and finally Su Yun not only found a way to cure his rare condition but also gain immense knowledge on a myriad of martial techniques.

But before he could fully cure himself, he received news that the groom suffered an assault that damaged his internal organs. Rather than wait for decades to become fully cured, Su Yun decided to hatch a plan for the assassinate of the groom. Unfortunately, he underestimated the strength of the groom’s family and was killed instead.

Then he regains consciousness. He comes to a realization that he went 15 years in the past. This time, he vowed to protect Qing Er, but first he must cure his rare medical condition. Will he learn from the mistakes of his previous life or is everything still set in stone?]

- I would love for you guys to pick this one up. TN is currently translating it but they are seriously dropping the ball on this. It does have that cliche reincarnation thing (kind of like TDG) but the kicker is the MC is kind of a bad guy. Its the first time I ever seen such a ruthless and uncaring MC. If he wants something and your in his way (good or bad) he will plot against you. I have only read to chapter 100. From what I've seen he is probably one of my favorite MC just because of the simple fact he is true to humans nature to instinctively survive by any means necessary, hook or by crook. Everything he has he fights and struggles for it nothing is handed to him on a silver platter. Really gritty and he is always getting his hands dirty. He would definitely be a bad guy in any other novel.

• check this one.. i currently MTL it using Bing, 

(移动藏经阁) 

MC died and got transferred to another world (like ancient china) and given a cheat system from buddha.

why i think its interesting : 
    -  there is a good world building, he bring some earth culture and technology to that world ( like chinese drama and car,train and cellphone but with different system and material).
    - later in the story he go to another world (this time a western magic world style) and he is OP. 
    - he got back to earth too. and engage with supernatural community there.
    - he can go back and forth between different world.