Why didn't Blood Demon Lord save Meng Hao from 10th Wang Patriarch?

Blood Demon Lord has been saving Meng Hao's life, right from the Reliance Sect arc. He has saved Meng Hao thrice already if I am not wrong. When Meng Hao performs his first severing, Blood Demon Lord even says Blood Demon Sect will always be Meng Hao's home. In Chapter 711 Blood Demon Lord says he has been keeping eye on Meng Hao and knew of 10th Wang Patriarch's fight with Meng Hao all along. Why didn't he save him then? Did he know beforehand that Meng Hao will recover his cultivation base using the rebirth cave? I don't want any spoilers related to the main plot line, so if that's the case, please leave this discussion at that. Thanks a lot in advance for all your help.

Comments

• Wasn't the Wang Patriarch at peak Dao-seeking? Maybe that was too strong for even Blood Demon Patriarch. In addition, the Mily way sea is wayyyyy further away from his sect than any previous intervention he staged. Maybe he just couldn't get there in time.
  • Because author didn't want him to..
  • Reozul said:
    Wasn't the Wang Patriarch at peak Dao-seeking? Maybe that was too strong for even Blood Demon Patriarch. In addition, the Mily way sea is wayyyyy further away from his sect than any previous intervention he staged. Maybe he just couldn't get there in time.
    I think there was a part in the novel that said that Patriach Six Eyes Dao, I think, was stronger than Wang Patriach
  • LuffyKun said:
    Reozul said:
    Wasn't the Wang Patriarch at peak Dao-seeking? Maybe that was too strong for even Blood Demon Patriarch. In addition, the Mily way sea is wayyyyy further away from his sect than any previous intervention he staged. Maybe he just couldn't get there in time.
    I think there was a part in the novel that said that Patriach Six Eyes Dao, I think, was stronger than Wang Patriach
    Might have been. Your sentence at least resonated somwhat with forgotten knowledge on my end.

So that only leaves distance, foreknowledge or the author just plain not wanting him to.
  • It's also possible that the Wang clan patriarch had hiding skills too good for him to detect. He managed to evade the Ji clan's detection.
  • I thought he did some trade with them
  • yea meng hao mentions how patriarch six daos is stronger than the 10th wang, and six daos mentions how blood demon is the top expert in southern domain
  • Reozul said:
    Blood Demon Lord is way stronger than anyone else at the peak of dao seeking stage because he is a demon related to the Blood Demon emperor of Demon Immortal sect. Wang Patriarch's true self was able to teleport to Milky Way right? So Why couldn't Blood Demon Lord?
  • chrish said:
    Because author didn't want him to..
    Fair enough :disappointed: 
  • edited June 2016
    anonpuffs said:
    It's also possible that the Wang clan patriarch had hiding skills too good for him to detect. He managed to evade the Ji clan's detection.
    Blood Demon Lord's knowledge of Meng Hao's life is too accurate. So he has been keeping eye on Meng Hao from Day 1. He even talks about Meng Hao slaying Wang Patriarch's clones. There is no way he knows this fact, if he wasn't able to detect Wang Patriarch. Even if the distance was too much, he had ample time to come to rescue Meng Hao from the true Wang Patriach, after detecting his first clone...
  • I think he's only helping him cause of the way the Demon Sealers do their stuff. Plus, if he did save Meng Hao, MH wouldnt have went to Black Sieve Sect and go slaughter them since Xu Qing didnt give him the pill for him to be reborn,  thus Blood Demon Lord not going to save him
  • LuffyKun said:
    I think he's only helping him cause of the way the Demon Sealers do their stuff. Plus, if he did save Meng Hao, MH wouldnt have went to Black Sieve Sect and go slaughter them since Xu Qing didnt give him the pill for him to be reborn,  thus Blood Demon Lord not going to save him
    Yes, he doesn't want Meng Hao to become heartless like the previous demon sealers. But doesn't this mean Blood Demon Lord had 100% foresight that Meng Hao wouldn't die from 10th Wang Patriarch and that he will also regain his cultivation base with the help of Xu Qing and Shui Dongliu? He couldn't have predicted all that!
  • edited June 2016
    hmmm..... .. .... crap! Is this the first plothole of ISSTH?! No. Impossible! There must be a reason. Think Yandere-chan, think!
  • Blood Demon Lord's knowledge of Meng Hao's life is too accurate. So he has been keeping eye on Meng Hao from Day 1. He even talks about Meng Hao slaying Wang Patriarch's clones. There is no way he knows this fact, if he wasn't able to detect Wang Patriarch. Even if the distance was too much, he had ample time to come to rescue Meng Hao from the true Wang Patriach, after detecting his first clone...
    He said he couldn't see into the primordial demon immortal plane. So there are limits to his observation powers.
  • Maybe because MH didn't have the ruthlessness that's been mentioned in the latest chapters? So even if he was saved, it would be pointless since he wouldn't be able to sever the devil or whatever. Plus MH wouldn't have agreed to join the Blood Demon Sect. 

Indeed, I am grasping at straws
  • dragn555 said:
    Maybe because MH didn't have the ruthlessness that's been mentioned in the latest chapters? So even if he was saved, it would be pointless since he wouldn't be able to sever the devil or whatever. Plus MH wouldn't have agreed to join the Blood Demon Sect. 

Indeed, I am grasping at straws
    This is the best explanation so far! Nice!
  • U guys thinkin abt blood demon wen even shui dongliu didnt save him..
    Wang patriarch didnt attempt to kill him until meng hao came back frm the plane...blood demon cudnt luk into wat happened over there but it was only sometime later that meng hao teleported to milky way which has a restriction over false immortals, dao seeking...so blood demon cannot save him in milky way...
    He cud kill wang patriarch immediately too but no one knew where he was...when he can hide meng hao frm ji clan..he can hide frm everything too...
    So its not that it was wang who was a gud strategist, its jus that everything happened in favor of wang patriarch
  • considering the whole recruitment arc right now is to get meng hao to sever his devil path I'd say he might've known about the severing of perfection as well. which was made easier when meng hao lost his perfection to wang douche
  • it's as kr33d said: the Milky Way Sea's a restricted area for dao seeking, specially so for the third ring