[Question] Enquiring about douluo dalu

I'm sure someone has asked this but any chance of the group translating douluo dalu? I'm aware it is currently being translated on blue silver translations, however at the rate translation is happening I'm not sure they will finish within the next 10 years. No hard feeling but I'd love to continue the story (really depressing point at the moment and I can't move on cause I don't have the required linguistic skills ).
On another note I hear the same author has recently started douluo dalu 3, any chance of that being translated?
And finally just wanted to say a small thanks to everyone making these translations possible, keep up all the excellent work!

Comments

• Daborbas said:
    I'm sure someone has asked this but any chance of the group translating douluo dalu? I'm aware it is currently being translated on blue silver translations, however at the rate translation is happening I'm not sure they will finish within the next 10 years. No hard feeling but I'd love to continue the story (really depressing point at the moment and I can't move on cause I don't have the required linguistic skills :/).
    On another note I hear the same author has recently started douluo dalu 3, any chance of that being translated?
    And finally just wanted to say a small thanks to everyone making these translations possible, keep up all the excellent work!
    the translator of DD (as far as I know it's not a group but a single translator with maybe some editor) has a different view of the fantransation... he does not accept donation and only translate based on his own free time with no set schedule... those points alone makes it impossible for him to join WW (and this regardless of him me willing or not... and afaik he actualy prefer to stay on his own)

on a side note... DD chapters are as long as 3 or 4 ch from many other novels (and that is considering the avarage lenght of the novel here on ww... there are many novel around with even shorter ch... if you take those into account a DD ch may as well be as long as 5 ch from those novels...) and altrough the release rate is discontinuous over a sensible period of time he is releasing a considerable amount of ch... especially when his job/life allow him for some additional free time... (there was actualy a period of time when he released ch amolst on daily basis... that is a translation speed that is on par with RWX if you take into account the CH lenght... )

with all this said... the time required for the complete translation od DD has more to do with the actual lenght of the novel...
  • Thanks for the explanation. :smiley: 
  • Radiant translation already take DD3 (Legend of dragon king) but at very slow pace.
  • null said:
    Radiant translation already take DD3 (Legend of dragon king) but at very slow pace.
    Just wait until summer ;)
  • edited June 2016
    I really want to finish reading Douluo Dalu, but I can't read chinese and the translations are taking forever. It's like one of the best romantic xianxia I have ever read and I hope I can finish reading it..  Why not collaborate with current translator to speed things up a bit.. I'm sure alot of people would support it.. :)
    -A random Cultivator

• Joch43 I know what you mean there hasn't been a chapter in nearly a month and the DD is apparently 1000+ chapters so at this rate i don't think i'll live long enough to see the end of DD
  • Someone pick it up please!!!
  • Daborbas said:
    Joch43 I know what you mean there hasn't been a chapter in nearly a month and the DD is apparently 1000+ chapters so at this rate i don't think i'll live long enough to see the end of DD
    Um its actually 336 chapters so....
  • Really? My bad then, i thought it was much longer cause i can't really see them making a satisfactory ending in ~150 chapters to be honest. I might live long enough yay! :wink: