What Will Bai Xiaochun Become?

Wang Lin became a God

Su Ming became a Devil

Meng Hao became a Demon

Bai Xiaochun will becomes a ghost?

What do you guys think will beomce of Bai Xiaochun in the end?

Comments

• this should be in the other novel spoilers?
  • Bumping this mainly out of curiosity. Can anyone exactly explain the difference between demon and devil? Are they not the same thing?
  • edited May 2016
    I think the only two remaining paths are immortal and ghost, right? 

(I actually don't know if immortal is a path, i just remember reading it somewhere. Perhaps it was something else. Perhaps someone else besides an MC has already taken that path. I dunno)

BX is super focused on long life and all that, so I would assume he picks the immortal path. However, in ISSTH, there was that technique to make an eternal soul or whatever, so maybe he'll become a ghost. Too early to tell since BX hasn't found any kind of legacy to confirm his path. 
  • DBlack said:
    Bumping this mainly out of curiosity. Can anyone exactly explain the difference between demon and devil? Are they not the same thing?
    I think demons just describe nonhuman beings while devils are from paths of slaughter, evil, etc. At least that's the conclusion I came to from reading ISSTH and Xian Ni. You could try looking for Beseech The Devil spoilers to learn more though. 
  • Celestial and Ghost are the last two paths. I think as of the current chapters there hasn't been anything to suggest what path he is going. I remember reading somewhere else in this spoiler area that Meng Hao was originally going down the Celestial path through perfection before he switched to the demon path, though I am not sure if that person was just speculating. If that was the case then this new guy would have to really luck out to reach perfection at all stages. I am thinking it is more than likely going to be ghost this time. Imo ghost sounds exciting.
  • dragn555 said:
    DBlack said:
    Bumping this mainly out of curiosity. Can anyone exactly explain the difference between demon and devil? Are they not the same thing?
    I think demons just describe nonhuman beings while devils are from paths of slaughter, evil, etc. 
    Yes, this is pretty much correct. Demons are basically nonhuman creatures with intelligence (otherwise they'd just be known as animals/beasts). I've never really found a good definition for devil in the er gen universe - yes, they're evil and do things like eat each other or kill a lot of things or use blood and sacrifices to cultivate... But honestly everyone else does that too. Like the ancient gods in Xian Ni would consume the life force of entire planets...
  • edited May 2016
    dragn555 said:
    I think the only two remaining paths are immortal and ghost, right? 

(I actually don't know if immortal is a path, i just remember reading it somewhere. Perhaps it was something else. Perhaps someone else besides an MC has already taken that path. I dunno)

BX is super focused on long life and all that, so I would assume he picks the immortal path. However, in ISSTH, there was that technique to make an eternal soul or whatever, so maybe he'll become a ghost. Too early to tell since BX hasn't found any kind of legacy to confirm his path. 
    If we assumed that this novel is in the same universe and it is a sequel then the only remaining path is immortal (true/real immortal). Ghost path is vast/boundless ancestor the first detached but we still don't know the complete story of his life so this novel can be a prequel and telling his story though.

ralkij said:
    Celestial and Ghost are the last two paths. I think as of the current chapters there hasn't been anything to suggest what path he is going. I remember reading somewhere else in this spoiler area that Meng Hao was originally going down the Celestial path through perfection before he switched to the demon path, though I am not sure if that person was just speculating. If that was the case then this new guy would have to really luck out to reach perfection at all stages. I am thinking it is more than likely going to be ghost this time. Imo ghost sounds exciting.
    meng hao did turn into a demon from celestial/immortal being in the war between mountain and sea world with 33 heaven. If he continue with his current cultivation (not perfection though since  he already sever it) normally whe he detached he should become true/real immortal (later turn out to be impossible since heaven is only a doppelganger of a true/real immortal) but he kind of skip level when he is on the ancient level (all his soul lamps got destroyed) and directly used his demon sealing hex as his origins.
  • anonpuffs said:
    dragn555 said:
    DBlack said:
    I think demons just describe nonhuman beings while devils are from paths of slaughter, evil, etc. 
    Yes, this is pretty much correct. Demons are basically nonhuman creatures with intelligence (otherwise they'd just be known as animals/beasts). I've never really found a good definition for devil in the er gen universe - yes, they're evil and do things like eat each other or kill a lot of things or use blood and sacrifices to cultivate... But honestly everyone else does that too. Like the ancient gods in Xian Ni would consume the life force of entire planets...
    they did describe devil in xian ni i guess...it was when wang lin became a soul devourer and wanted to come to the realm of living..the other devourer said the people like them without any bodies need things to survive on, and they start eating souls...as wang lin controls the body of the person and later gets a method to reconstruct his body he became god like..while whatever souls he collects he makes them devour souls to convert them to soul devourers and then they become devils..
  • kr33d said:
    anonpuffs said:
    dragn555 said:
    DBlack said:
    they did describe devil in xian ni i guess...it was when wang lin became a soul devourer and wanted to come to the realm of living..the other devourer said the people like them without any bodies need things to survive on, and they start eating souls...as wang lin controls the body of the person and later gets a method to reconstruct his body he became god like..while whatever souls he collects he makes them devour souls to convert them to soul devourers and then they become devils..

In Xian Ni, Xiu Li Guo and the bat demon turn into "魔头", but it's unclear whether that's the same thing as 魔修 (probably not, as Xu Li Guo and the bat demon have an aspect of being soul devourers which would be more in line with 鬼/ghost)

• anonpuffs said:
    kr33d said:
    anonpuffs said:
    dragn555 said:
    DBlack said:

In Xian Ni, Xiu Li Guo and the bat demon turn into "魔头", but it's unclear whether that's the same thing as 魔修 (probably not, as Xu Li Guo and the bat demon have an aspect of being soul devourers which would be more in line with 鬼/ghost)

they (xu ligou i guess) isn't a ghost exactly..the sect he belonged to found out that although he is dead but they still cud track him down..i think xu ligou is somewhat a borderline ghost and devourer
  • Xu Liguo is his nascent soul that went and bought/possessed the body of a foundation level puppet from the corpse yin sect when his main body was destroyed.
  • anonpuffs said:
    Xu Liguo is his nascent soul that went and bought/possessed the body of a foundation level puppet from the corpse yin sect when his main body was destroyed.
    oh..so that's how it was...
  • Didnt wang lin become ancien road ( demon , god ,magic or gost not sure wich one)and true ancient immortal at the end ?
  • Bai Xiaochun becomes an immortal.

Isn't that the whole point of why he's cultivating in the first place?
  • Can someone remind me who the vast/boundless ancestor is?
  • I think its immortal cuz that requires perfection right? It seems BX does thing perfectly thinking its not enough. Which is different from MH in my opinion cuz MH only pursued perfection in his cultuvation bases, BX pursues perfection in everything he does.
  • Rah said:
    Can someone remind me who the vast/boundless ancestor is?
    First known unique from Meng hao's part of universe and founder of Boundless sect.....in later parts Meng Hao drifts there and joins Boundless sect
  • A small question is Against Heaven not cannon? he even has the memories of Wang Lin, can't he be the fist detached ?,in his universe they cultivate the soul and i kinda related to the ghost path ,  although it wouldn't make much sense since he  got the memories of Wang lin,  suggesting he came after him (WL) , but i dunno maybe time travel?
    I'm guessing it's not canon as it was one his early works and he probably still didn't have the story planned ,  like a one sthot maybe ,and the Wang Lin in AH is not the same as in Xian Ni , but still curious if the authos has made a comment about it .
  • lazybum0 said:
    A small question is Against Heaven not cannon? he even has the memories of Wang Lin, can't he be the fist detached ?,in his universe they cultivate the soul and i kinda related to the ghost path ,  although it wouldn't make much sense since he  got the memories of Wang lin,  suggesting he came after him (WL) , but i dunno maybe time travel?
    I'm guessing it's not canon as it was one his early works and he probably still didn't have the story planned ,  like a one sthot maybe ,and the Wang Lin in AH is not the same as in Xian Ni , but still curious if the authos has made a comment about it .
    I never read er gen's against heaven as iirc er gen dropped it and it was an  unfinished work, can you tell me a summary of the story and what do you mean he got wang lin's memories,
    Spoiler:
    actually ini xian ni wang lin can do time travel by one of his self created technique and it is revealed near the end of story that he send his slaughter clone to the past and if what you're talking about is true then there is a possibility that it's telling wang lin's clone story in the past[\spoiler]
  • edited August 2016
    lazybum0 said:
    A small question is Against Heaven not cannon? he even has the memories of Wang Lin, can't he be the fist detached ?,in his universe they cultivate the soul and i kinda related to the ghost path ,  although it wouldn't make much sense since he  got the memories of Wang lin,  suggesting he came after him (WL) , but i dunno maybe time travel?
    I never read er gen's against heaven as iirc er gen dropped it and it was an  unfinished work, can you tell me a summary of the story and what do you mean he got wang lin's memories,
    Spoiler:
    actually ini xian ni wang lin can do time travel by one of his self created technique and it is revealed near the end of story that he send his slaughter clone to the past and if what you're talking about is true then there is a possibility that it's telling wang lin's clone story in the past[\spoiler]
    Well i just read 12 chapters that are translated in gravitytales
    And the story starts when the protagonist , a defective clone , founds a black crystal while mining , the crystal conteined the memories of a black clothed man called Wang Lin , he even starts calling himself Wang Lis as a clone he didn't have a name , just a serial number.
    It has a kinda futuristic setting and the mc is currently in a matriarchal society where slaves and sex slaver are not uncommon lol