Would you want to see the Empyrean Overlord as the 1st Wuxiaworld Original?

Wuxiaworld should recruit the talented author of The Empyrean Overlord.  The story is really good.  

If GravityTales is smart, they probably are already recruiting.  

Anyway, would you want to see the Empyrean Overlord as a Wuxiaworld Original?


Comments

  • I doubt either will take that novel simply due to the author even if the novel was good. This community isn't large enough for people to forget what the author did so I can't see any reason a large site would accept the novel. Also WW will not accept originals on the front page this has been discussed multiple times and it is because it is all about quality of the works and finishing them and not leaving them hanging and thus unlikely any original would be fit for that criteria.
  • Nordic said:
    Also WW will not accept originals on the front page this has been discussed multiple times and it is because it is all about quality of the works and finishing them and not leaving them hanging and thus unlikely any original would be fit for that criteria.
    Strange, I remember reading a post from Ren saying original content also have the possibility to be put on the main page.
  • edited April 2016
    Nordic said:
    Also WW will not accept originals on the front page this has been discussed multiple times and it is because it is all about quality of the works and finishing them and not leaving them hanging and thus unlikely any original would be fit for that criteria.
    Strange, I remember reading a post from Ren saying original content also have the possibility to be put on the main page.
    I'm not saying there isn't a possibility but I'm saying the criteria is so high it is highly unlikely to happen. The only author currently that I think would even have a chance is Daman who is on Gravity and his story doesn't really fit WW as far as I'm aware. I don't think authors of stuff like worm and mother of learning and so on care that much about being on ww or fulfil the criteria so while it isn't out of the question it is probably going to take awhile before we see it happening.

    But as far as empyrean overlord is concern I don't see it happening. Even in my last comment I didn't exclude the possibility but I worded the start of the sentence a little strongly so you missed it and it was also referring to ww front-page criteria. 
  • edited April 2016
    The Empyrean Overlord is just as good as any Wuxiaworld series, at least IMO.   

    If I'm Ren, I would want a talented writer joining.  More readers = more traffic = better for Wuxiaworld.  

    Do that before GravityTales recruit that writer instead.  

    There is finally a really good Xianxia English novel and if Wuxiaworld miss out on it, Wuxiaworld might regret it someday down the road.

    If I'm running Qidian hypothetical English website, the first English original Chinese fantasy I would recruit would be The Empyrean Overlord.  It's that good.                                                                                                                                         
  • Is there any English Original Chinese fantasy series that is as good as The Empyrean Overlord?

    I have read several of GravityTales originals and I found them lacking in some ways.  


  • MikeR said:
    Is there any English Original Chinese fantasy series that is as good as The Empyrean Overlord?

    I have read several of GravityTales originals and I found them lacking in some ways.  
    Earth's Core? Also, this whole "Quick Ren!!! Gravity Tales will steal it" sounds stupid. I don't think Gravity Tales are a rival of WW. They are just different. They had one xianxia, BTTH that they moved here. It makes sense for GT to host EO if they consider it good, it doesn't make sense for WW to have it. 
  • Duniak said:
    MikeR said:
    Is there any English Original Chinese fantasy series that is as good as The Empyrean Overlord?

    I have read several of GravityTales originals and I found them lacking in some ways.  
    Earth's Core? Also, this whole "Quick Ren!!! Gravity Tales will steal it" sounds stupid. I don't think Gravity Tales are a rival of WW. They are just different. They had one xianxia, BTTH that they moved here. It makes sense for GT to host EO if they consider it good, it doesn't make sense for WW to have it. 

    Why doesn't it make sense for Wuxiaworld to have The Empyrean Overlord?  

    Gravitytales and Wuxiaworld are rivals.  Both sites want more readers and both sites want to host more Chinese fantasy translations.  

    p.s. It is not stealing.  It is recruitment.  
  • MikeR you do realize that the head honcho of Gravity translates a novel for WuxiaWorld right?
  • Mooncake said:
    MikeR you do realize that the head honcho of Gravity translates a novel for WuxiaWorld right?
    Mooncake you do realise MikeR is a uneducated person who thinks he knows best when everyone says it's not how it works doesn't make a difference what you say to him.
  • MikeR said:
    Duniak said:
    MikeR said:
    Is there any English Original Chinese fantasy series that is as good as The Empyrean Overlord?

    I have read several of GravityTales originals and I found them lacking in some ways.  
    Earth's Core? Also, this whole "Quick Ren!!! Gravity Tales will steal it" sounds stupid. I don't think Gravity Tales are a rival of WW. They are just different. They had one xianxia, BTTH that they moved here. It makes sense for GT to host EO if they consider it good, it doesn't make sense for WW to have it. 

    Why doesn't it make sense for Wuxiaworld to have The Empyrean Overlord?  

    Gravitytales and Wuxiaworld are rivals.  Both sites want more readers and both sites want to host more Chinese fantasy translations.  

    p.s. It is not stealing.  It is recruitment.  

    WuxiaWorld and GravityTales are by no mean rivals. No idea where you got that idea from.
  • could someone please link this novel? I would like the shot to read it :smiley :)

  • MikeR said:
    Duniak said:
    MikeR said:
    Is there any English Original Chinese fantasy series that is as good as The Empyrean Overlord?

    I have read several of GravityTales originals and I found them lacking in some ways.  
    Earth's Core? Also, this whole "Quick Ren!!! Gravity Tales will steal it" sounds stupid. I don't think Gravity Tales are a rival of WW. They are just different. They had one xianxia, BTTH that they moved here. It makes sense for GT to host EO if they consider it good, it doesn't make sense for WW to have it. 

    Why doesn't it make sense for Wuxiaworld to have The Empyrean Overlord?  

    Gravitytales and Wuxiaworld are rivals.  Both sites want more readers and both sites want to host more Chinese fantasy translations.  

    p.s. It is not stealing.  It is recruitment.  

    WuxiaWorld and GravityTales are by no mean rivals. No idea where you got that idea from.

    You can be both rivals and friends.

    Rivals will allow you to grow faster.  



  • Mooncake said:
    MikeR you do realize that the head honcho of Gravity translates a novel for WuxiaWorld right?

    Yes.  I know.  That doesn't mean that GravityTales and Wuxiaworld are not rivals/competitors.  


  • LigerCero said:
    could someone please link this novel? I would like the shot to read it :smiley :)

    Here's the prologue:

     https://spiritualnovel.wordpress.com/2016/01/24/teo-prologue-chapter/

    https://spiritualnovel.wordpress.com/the-empyrean-overlord/
  • edited April 2016
    Benefits for the authors of The Empyrean Overlord for joining Wuxiaworld:  reaching more readers, more sponsors, more well known 
    Benefits for Wuxiaworld for hosting the Empyrean Overlord:  gaining a popular Chinese fantasy series, a share of the ad revenue.

    Win win for both sides.   

    Readers will win too if the authors can get more chapters out with this partnership with Wuxiaworld.  More revenue for the authors means they don't have to take up a part time job to pay their bills.  Writing is their part-time job.


  • I don't know about that, i was honestly disappointed with the translator / author of Empyrean Overlord, whether he truly is cheating us or not. 
  • MikeR said:
    Benefits for the authors of The Empyrean Overlord for joining Wuxiaworld:  reaching more readers, more sponsors, more well known 
    Benefits for Wuxiaworld for hosting the Empyrean Overlord:  gaining a popular Chinese fantasy series, a share of the ad revenue.

    Win win for both sides.   

    Readers will win too if the authors can get more chapters out with this partnership with Wuxiaworld.  More revenue for the authors means they don't have to take up a part time job to pay their bills.  Writing is their part-time job.


    How are they gaining a share of the ad revenue?
  • edited April 2016
    MikeR, i dont know why you are trying to constantly bring this up...

    It won't happen. Leave it.

    unlike you, other people care about morals. What the authors of TEO did is not something that would sit well with anyone. They not only lied once, but lied at every chance they got. They had plenty of times when they could have come clean (probably the first time Wiz contacted them), but instead they fabricated another lie on top of the previous one.

    Then, they spent so much time to finally conclude the issue with some BS about them suffering with poverty, etc. I frankly don't see why we should believe them in the first place. This whole thing was a big scam, and it's obvious that they are very good at it.

    Just because you blindly believe it to be "amazing", don't expect others to share the same opinion.

    I havent read TEO yet, and never plan on it. Not because the story might be bad, but because I simply detest the fact that they conned so many readers of this community.
  • Because MikeR is an hypocrite. Remember how he started a thread to slander Translation Nation and particularly their translator because of the conflict pertaining the novel Martial World.

  • What happened that they deserved to get such slander? 
  • edited April 2016
    Translation Nation and Daoseeker decided almost at the same time to chose Martial World as their next project. This include investing a lot of research time in the selection process. They both have to decide among hundreds of project which one they like, read the raws up to some extend, build a glossary for the novel they have chosen to make sure they translated some word correctly. So both team invested a decent amount of time. But Daoseeker was faster and he released his chapters first (I think it was like 6+ chapters the first day). Once Translation Nation learn of this, they reached out to Daoseeker and offer of make this a join venture. Some words were said resulting in a misunderstanding, with the added anger from the fans community. What was first a personal conflict, a misunderstanding between these two groups became the spearhead for haters (troll) involvement. The fans of both side insulting each others, adding oil to a sticky situation. In the end, both side decided to drop Martial World.

    The only good thing that came out of this drama was the discovery of a new translator, Hyorinmaru and his editor Jaspaaar, who stood up to pick Martial World. Very fast release (3 chapters a day) of good quality.


  • WuxiaWorld and GravityTales are by no mean rivals. No idea where you got that idea from.

    You can be both rivals and friends.

    Rivals will allow you to grow faster.  


    I'm sure Michel Jordan had a major impact on Ronaldinho's development kappa 
  • Why are we still talking about this? ._.
Sign In or Register to comment.