assassin as MC

Do you know any novel, pref xianxia etc. with MC beeing assassin? Stealth killing and stuff. Actually the only time i see assassins in novels, they are some noobs that MC kills during his adventure. 
Maybe something like best assassins in some world getting tranfered to another or smth like that. 

Comments

• Night Angel (by Brent Weeks): Not xianxia per say, but very much like it. MC is a wetboy (assassin).

Stellar Transformation: The MC was an assassin for a short while.
  • Night Angel (by Brent Weeks): Not xianxia per say, but very much like it. MC is a wetboy (assassin).

damn it man you reminded me of Night angel again. at the end i cried a lot of manly tears like these T__T
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/052/082/1240393095655.jpg
  • Yobidasareta Satsurikusha - there is stealth killing, but it's not the main style of the MC.  And this one is Japanese.  It also has an ongoing sequel.
    > TL is still ongoing
    > MC is a martial artist and bloodthirsty 
    > Even if he enjoys killing, he follows certain rules 
    > Harem-ish

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/yobidasa-reta-satsuriku-sha/

I'm also looking for novels with assassin protagonists, whether male or female.  Unfortunately, the ones I read do not exactly focus on assassinations.  And even if they touch on the acts of assassination, they are mostly shallow.  In my searching, I stumble upon the anti-hero type of MC which is kind of refreshing to read, especially when it comes to Japanese fantasy-themed novels (most of the time, you get the Mr. Nice Guy Hero MC).  As for Chinese novels, I agree with Nordic---SR and TLT aren't that good.  Just enough to pass the time.  There's also Descent of the Phoenix and Demonic King Chases Wife.  Both have female MCs, but again, assassination is not the main focus.  Both are top-level assassins in their previous worlds and got reincarnated as "good-for-nothings".

haha ofc i read Night Angel. One of my favourite books. There is also good book where MC is assassin "The Farseer Trilogy" by Robin Hobb. 

balinor lilygel
    thanks for recommendations. 

• edited April 2016
    Night Angel (by Brent Weeks): Not xianxia per say, but very much like it. MC is a wetboy (assassin).
    wetboys are not assassins. assassins have targets, wetboys have deaders. assassins sometimes miss. a wetboy always gets his deader.... i forget the epic speech in detail, but basically, stop insulting wetboys.

also yeah, great trilogy and all but kinda sucks the author hasn't done a follow up yet.
  • Vexram said:
    Night Angel (by Brent Weeks): Not xianxia per say, but very much like it. MC is a wetboy (assassin).
    wetboys are not assassins. assassins have targets, wetboys have deaders. assassins sometimes miss. a wetboy always gets his deader.... i forget the epic speech in detail, but basically, stop insulting wetboys.

also yeah, great trilogy and all but kinda sucks the author hasn't done a follow up yet.
    I was hoping he would show us other kakari users or how it is called. 
  • Aliuss said:
    Vexram said:

it did show other kakari users just not all of them which wasn't really necessary i think. but besides me anyone else had problems with that other girl in series? she really pissed me off (the other wetboy...Vi or something don't remember the name) when she putted that earring on him i was spitting fire xD.but it was always a question for me....why didn't he just cut his ear if he didn't want it? at least he wouldn't be under her control anymore xD
  • balinor said:
    Aliuss said:
    Vexram said:

it did show other kakari users just not all of them which wasn't really necessary i think. but besides me anyone else had problems with that other girl in series? she really pissed me off (the other wetboy...Vi or something don't remember the name) when she putted that earring on him i was spitting fire xD.but it was always a question for me....why didn't he just cut his ear if he didn't want it? at least he wouldn't be under her control anymore xD
    Actually, at that point I was feeling more pity for that poor gal... She made some bad calls, but she did her best to correct it, btw the earring was so he wouldnt die, so...
  • i liked Vi more than his first one :P 
  • oh ya i remember reading the night angel series quite a while ago. I thought it was decent and wanted a sequel or an epilogue but i doubt i would like the series much if i read it now
    Understand basic grammar:
    Your vs You're
    There vs Their vs They're
    Defiantly vs Definitely
    Loose vs Lose
    Than vs Then
    To vs Too
    NO 'Should/Could of'

• Aliuss said:
    i liked Vi more than his first one :P 
    So did I. Especially close to the end when that earring came off because ...(you know why).