Ji Ning's karma fire - end of volume 15

if anyone has already read it, could someone please explain it? why would JN be punished by karma fire...

I tend to skip a lot while reading MTL, maybe that's why I didn't get it... he mentions killing 10billion mortals...which he never did... I didn't go to vol 16 yet, but I guess he died? 

Comments

• edited February 2016
    yes the mc died, make sense
    i'm not sure but think it goes like this
    so he was fighting those dude clan Celestial Immortal while the the loose immortals put all of of the clan mortals in the dwelling place (think pocket dimension) so this one loose immortal sneak attack him and throw it at him and JN cut into two by a default  reaction ,thus he killed 10b people by accident
  • thank you, that really cleared it for me...

• Why would a loose immortal use a pocket dimension holding all of his clansmen for an attack?
  • edited February 2016
    heroeric said:
    Why would a loose immortal use a pocket dimension holding all of his clansmen for an attack?
     because JN i think was fighting 8 Celestial Immortals and already killed like 2 and he was still kicking their ass's,so the loose immortal thought the best way to stop JN from killing the rest of the Celestial Immortals  by tricking him into cutting it which will cause him a "heavenly calamity" (from killing the mortal people) which will stop him/may kill him

• heroeric said:
    Why would a loose immortal use a pocket dimension holding all of his clansmen for an attack?
    Because Ji Ning had been invading their commanderies/territories, and some of the waves of the fight were extremely powerful. You then learn that most of the major powers can "safeguard" everyone by putting them in a closed-world like this so they are safe from higher-level people fighting.

Except the immortal decided to sacrifice those 10 billions in order to kill Ji Ning.
  • ah another BS plot device. does the guy who throw's it at ning at least get punished as well? because if not, then this is just pure BS. i mean ning would have never done that if they guy didn't throw it.
  • yea, it sounded BS to me too... cause, he was kicking their a** so nicely... anyway, he gets transferred to a different realm thanks to the 1st shaoyan ancestor, to a world of fiendgods. vol 16 starts off very boring honestly, but it picks up later...

this is my personal view, I hate it when story is suddenly cut and completely new things are introduced.. this is similar to that..

• Vexram said:
    ah another BS plot device. does the guy who throw's it at ning at least get punished as well? because if not, then this is just pure BS. i mean ning would have never done that if they guy didn't throw it.
    Yes- Iirc he gets punished more than Ji Ning, though it makes perfect sense for Ji Ning to get punished too. It's not like he couldn't know what he was doing, he was just letting his reflex taking over at a bad time.
  • Arkeus said:
    Vexram said:
    ah another BS plot device. does the guy who throw's it at ning at least get punished as well? because if not, then this is just pure BS. i mean ning would have never done that if they guy didn't throw it.
    Yes- Iirc he gets punished more than Ji Ning, though it makes perfect sense for Ji Ning to get punished too. It's not like he couldn't know what he was doing, he was just letting his reflex taking over at a bad time.
    tell me his ass turns into melted puddle
  • tell me his ass turns into melted puddle
    he died and get send to hell to be punched for like god knows how long
  • Doe he come back? what happen when he is in Hell? need spoilers
  • Arkeus said:
    Vexram said:
    Bs dude.
    Every law book has cases about reflex actions and how they are justified if they are ok in certain context. And fuck while fighting against 8 immortals cutting down something that is thrown at you is soooooooooooooo in a certain context. This might be the worst and dumbest plothole i have ever seen imao.
  • NoobElite said:
    Bs dude.
    Every law book has cases about reflex actions and how they are justified if they are ok in certain context. And fuck while fighting against 8 immortals cutting down something that is thrown at you is soooooooooooooo in a certain context. This might be the worst and dumbest plothole i have ever seen imao.
    lol- Refle actions are ver very rarely justified, and in such cases are even less likely to be so. This is why there are such laws in most places as "even putting yourself in a position where such a reflex action can occur is illegal".
  • wait so if he died...does that mean he reincarnated again?
    what happens? 
    how did he get out of hell?
    how long was he in it?
    was it like in supernatural?
    was he locked in a cage with Lucifer?
    I WANT ANSWERS GOD DAMN IT!!! :P 
  • Neon711 said:
    wait so if he died...does that mean he reincarnated again?
    what happens? 
    how did he get out of hell?
    how long was he in it?
    was it like in supernatural?
    was he locked in a cage with Lucifer?
    I WANT ANSWERS GOD DAMN IT!!! :P 
    it wasn't jn who was sent to hell it was the other guy when died
  • After Ning dies or whatever what happens to the rest of the youngflame clan?  Does Ning eventually come back and finish them off or are they just never mentioned again?
  • edited April 2016
    The Youngflame Clan itself is not really mentioned, but later on Ji Ning DOES kill the ancestor of the clan, the big shot, after that the Youngflame clan is pretty much ruined. And actually, he doesn't die from the Karmaic Fire, he just gets teleported to a very remote location by the treasure of the Youngflame Clan and endures the Karmaic Fire, because of it it actually makes him stronger too.
  • Even if the karmic flames didn't descend JN would have still been tormented because killing 10 billion innocent people, even if it is accidental, isn't something you should you be able to get over so easily. Funny thing is the loose immortal could have withstood the karmic flames but chose to reincarnate later on back into the clan after taking his punishment (which made no sense considering he could kill himself at any point after getting his Dao Heart strengthened by the flames...)
  • vex said:
    Even if the karmic flames didn't descend JN would have still been tormented because killing 10 billion innocent people, even if it is accidental, isn't something you should you be able to get over so easily. Funny thing is the loose immortal could have withstood the karmic flames but chose to reincarnate later on back into the clan after taking his punishment (which made no sense considering he could kill himself at any point after getting his Dao Heart strengthened by the flames...)
    it isnt that easy to do that... like imagine diving into a lava that is in the core of the earth and you not dieing or cant die and only feel pain 
    thats like ji ning except like 1000x worse(exaggeration) and its like burning you all the way to your core (the soul) so you cant like ignore its existence 
  • IIRC the flames aren't the actual threat, it's the Dao Heart that gets fucked over. Hence why if you survive it your Dao Heart gets strengthened. When the loose immortal was enduring the flames the Celestial Immortals kept on commenting on how strong his Dao Heart is and how they probably wouldn't be able to take it (makes sense considering loose immortals over a million years old should all have very strong Dao Hearts). 
  • vex said:
    IIRC the flames aren't the actual threat, it's the Dao Heart that gets fucked over. Hence why if you survive it your Dao Heart gets strengthened. When the loose immortal was enduring the flames the Celestial Immortals kept on commenting on how strong his Dao Heart is and how they probably wouldn't be able to take it (makes sense considering loose immortals over a million years old should all have very strong Dao Hearts). 
    The guy wasn't a loose immortal iirc, he was a Primal/Earth Immortal with a twin soul.
  • Arkeus said:
    vex said:
    IIRC the flames aren't the actual threat, it's the Dao Heart that gets fucked over. Hence why if you survive it your Dao Heart gets strengthened. When the loose immortal was enduring the flames the Celestial Immortals kept on commenting on how strong his Dao Heart is and how they probably wouldn't be able to take it (makes sense considering loose immortals over a million years old should all have very strong Dao Hearts). 
    The guy wasn't a loose immortal iirc, he was a Primal/Earth Immortal with a twin soul.
    I'm aware he has a primal twin but the body that was struck with the karmic flames was definitely a loose immortal.

He lived for 1 million years, the three disasters nine disasters are 300 years one disaster 900 years a disasterthese 1 million years do not know that passed many three disasters nine disastersunder the pressure of this timehis Dao Heart transformation unusual formidableeven if are 1 million years of three disasters nine plunder him is very relaxedobviously his Dao Heart be bigger than Northwalker Immortal stronger. [x]
  • A dao heart stronger than Immortal Northwalker, an exceptionally strong fiendgod body, he lived.

The Almighty Froppy
  • So the question comes, does his karma reset to neutral or back to positive after being burnt or will he have bad karmic luck after this due to this action?  One of his "abilities" early on was that he could rely on good karmic luck because of his previous life and the souls saved from the various soul pendants.  Does he essentially lose this at that point?
  • bavieca said:
    So the question comes, does his karma reset to neutral or back to positive after being burnt or will he have bad karmic luck after this due to this action?  One of his "abilities" early on was that he could rely on good karmic luck because of his previous life and the souls saved from the various soul pendants.  Does he essentially lose this at that point?
    He is tossed outside the three realms, where he eventually conquers the karma,  literally.

He then goes to another universe where he is soon assaulted by vengeful alien beings which hate Nuwa, Pangu and them for establishing the Three Realms multiverse.

Thats how far I'm reading so yeah.

The Almighty Froppy
  • edited April 2016
    bavieca said:
    So the question comes, does his karma reset to neutral or back to positive after being burnt or will he have bad karmic luck after this due to this action?  One of his "abilities" early on was that he could rely on good karmic luck because of his previous life and the souls saved from the various soul pendants.  Does he essentially lose this at that point?
    i remember him having bad luck untill his celestial tribulution (which was much harder because of bad karma) but he will later on go beyond heavenly dao(which i think will make him uneffected by bad karma, i am not 100% sure)
  • Once he leaves three realm world, the karma no longer affects him because he's too powerful and the world can no longer hurt him.
  • Karma still affects him even then, but Karma and Luck are not quite equal and his Luck keeps rising.
  • Arkeus said:
    Karma still affects him even then, but Karma and Luck are not quite equal and his Luck keeps rising.
    Indeed. His luck is still better than most, later on praised by both Xiamang Xun and his master.

The Almighty Froppy
  • There is one event after he leaves Three-Realms where he does something that grants him such huge amount of merits that it literally takes form around him, after that pretty much no bad karma can affect him. XD