Need A Very Big Help In Translationg

Need help from any of you guy...Am Reading TTNH with MTL and i will like to translate all the NTS moves.Please hope someone can help me..thanks

剑尖
一点寒光万丈芒
屠尽天下又何妨
深埋不改凌锐志
一聚风云便是皇

剑锋
煊赫亘古一剑锋
纵横风云各西东
日月为身雷作将
劈山断岳天血红

剑刃
一刃横天万世秋
此路黄泉通九幽
斩断红尘多情客
锋芒到处一切休

剑格
铁壁铜墙战未休
得此一生又何求
九霄风云齐聚会
我未亡时君无忧

剑舌
藏锋隐光夜未央
运筹帷幄日月长
宁将一生全隐没
却换青霄杀戮狂

剑柄
生杀大权我掌握
五指合拢天欲堕
九劫九散风云聚
九重天外血如墨

剑墩
大拙无锋天欲沉
无刃无寒剑意森
生死方晓剑首厉
沧桑才知沉默魂

剑穗
轻盈如梦梦亦飘
血海骨山舞妖娆
仗剑千里君莫问
生死相随到九霄

Comments

• edited February 2016
    This is actually a poem of the moves, each of the poem corresponded to a different Nine tribulation Sword master
    by no means all these moves, alot of it is just poetic devices attributing to one of the previous e masters

Ima gona do a slow translations of them

My take on them

一点寒光万丈芒  --- A point of cold light illuminates all
    屠尽天下又何妨 --- To slaughter all the world and is there harm  --- whats the harm in killing all the world
    深埋不改凌锐志 --- What are ancient will not change ( barely used)
    一聚风云便是皇 --- A gust of wind and the king

煊赫亘古一剑锋
    纵横风云各西东
    日月为身雷作将
    劈山断岳天血红

一刃横天万世秋
    此路黄泉通九幽
    斩断红尘多情客 --- Sever ones passion as a passionate man
    锋芒到处一切休
  • This is actually a poem of the moves, each of the poem corresponded to a different Nine tribulation Sword master
    by no means all these moves, alot of it is just poetic devices attributing to one of the previous e masters

Ima gona do a slow translations of them

My take on them

一点寒光万丈芒  --- A point of cold light illuminates all
    屠尽天下又何妨 --- To slaughter all the world and is there harm  --- whats the harm in killing all the world
    深埋不改凌锐志 --- What are ancient will not change ( barely used)
    一聚风云便是皇 --- A gust of wind and the king

煊赫亘古一剑锋
    纵横风云各西东
    日月为身雷作将
    劈山断岳天血红

一刃横天万世秋
    此路黄泉通九幽
    斩断红尘多情客 --- Sever ones passion as a passionate man
    锋芒到处一切休
    Thanks for trying..........
  • edited February 2016
    Super hard to translate. Couple things to note, each of the headers refers to a specific part of a sword. They are, in order: tip, tip (yeah, synonym for the same part), blade, crossguard, tang, hilt, pommel, tassel.

Now with respect to why it's so hard to translate...

The first problem is that this Chinese is highly poetic in style and not just form (this author's command of Chinese is superior to many other WN authors; you'll never see IET producing something like this, for example). While poetic language of any sort is very hard to translate, Chinese poetry emphasizes succinctness to the point that it, in my opinion, it ceases to be a virtue. It's exceedingly elegant - and absolutely a nightmare to interpret (because the context has been cut out). Traditional Chinese poetry is basically impossible to understand without supplementary information because it references all sorts of things that simply can't be derived from the text alone. Consider the last line of the first stanza, for example: 一聚风云便是皇. 风云 has so many meanings, and several are possible here. It's hard to tell which was intended. (My personal guess is that the line means something like "Surrounded by heroes, an emperor still!")

Secondly, there's a lot of wordplay here. The author is taking advantage of the fact that a lot of the adjectives used to describe a sword (e.g. sharpness, the light reflected off the blade, etc.) are also used to describe traits of people.