Mo Tian Ji

I really found the background of the MC super interesting and I enjoy the story. So far the translation has gotten to the point where the MC just became a Spirit Apostle. Can someone give me spoilers on his innate talent and/or for the sect arc?

Comments

• Yes please. Anyone?!
  • Only 20 translated chapters? Nope
  • edited October 2015
    Liu Ming's cheat allows him to utilize a Mysterious Space. Think of Xian Ni and the heavenly bead its almost the same thing. Except he can't freely use it and only occurs during breakthroughs in levels. The first time it happens he spent six months in there and just kept casting spells. The great thing about it is that no time passes in the outside world,so he trains his spells to a terrifying degree. Once his time runs out all his knowledge and experience stays with him, so he advances his techniques a lot faster than other people.
  • Liu Ming's cheat device allows him to utilize a Mysterious Space. Think of Xian Ni and the heavenly bead its almost the same thing. Except he can't freely use it and only occurs during breakthroughs in levels. The first time it happens he spent six months in there and just kept casting spells. The great thing about it is that no time passes in the outside world,so he trains his spells to a terrifying degree. Once his time runs out all his knowledge and experience stays with him, so he advances his techniques a lot faster than other people.

Thank you my friend! Can you tell us what the chest device looks like?
  • Sorry about that for some reason I put device at the end:P 

Anyways it is not a device but something within his body like Ye Xiwen in Martial God Space.
  • Ah I see! Thank you :D
  • Please someone give some more detailed spoilers of this series.
  • As of chapter 25 he just got accepted in the clan and is a 3 star rated member and disciple. I am guessing he would have been at least a 6 star and maybe 9 star if he did not weave together his awakening powers. The clan has several 9 star, the earth core guy and the core disciples. So:

1. Does his cultivation catch up to all of the others that entered at the same time as him?
    2. Does he ever become a direct disciple of one of the leaders of the sect?
    3. What happens to the little loli girl that had to become an outer sect disciple?
    4. Does he ever beat down the arrogant lei family disciple?

Thanks for any responses
  • Just a disclaimer this novel is really hard for me to read( I can usually understand 80% but this one is like 60%)

1. Does his cultivation catch up to all of the others that entered at the same time as him?

Yes

After a while he becomes a disciple of the female Spirit Master in the Nine Infants Faction, Zhong Shigu.

3. What happens to the little loli girl that had to become an outer sect disciple?

Do you mean Mu Ming Zhu? Liu Ming and her were set to have an arranged marriage because the Bai Family wanted to strengthen their relationship with the Mu Family. 

The MC isn't a belligerent type. He trains hard and is very humble. Lei Zhen doesn't see the MC in his sights until much later and even then he doesn't instigates  fights with the MC( I think he did once, not sure, but the MC is like I am no match so he didn't go further).
  • edited October 2015

Just a disclaimer this novel is really hard for me to read( I can usually understand 80% but this one is like 60%)

Yes

After a while he becomes a disciple of the female Spirit Master in the Nine Infants Faction, Zhong Shigu.

Do you mean Mu Ming Zhu? Liu Ming and her were set to have an arranged marriage because the Bai Family wanted to strengthen their relationship with the Mu Family. 

The MC isn't a belligerent type. He trains hard and is very humble. Lei Zhen doesn't see the MC in his sights until much later and even then he doesn't instigates  fights with the MC( I think he did once, not sure, but the MC is like I am no match so he didn't go further).
    Thanks for the responses. For #3 I did mean Mu the loli girl he met while waiting for the entrance exam. Does anyone have a systran glossary/vocabulary for this story? At the current translation rate (not bashing the TLs as I am aware it is not the main project) we will all be retired by the time the end is reached.

Following up on #2 she is the one that was gonna pick him at the beginning right? Specializes in darkness (thinking like assassin)
  • Following up on #2 she is the one that was gonna pick him at the beginning right? Specializes in darkness (thinking like assassin)

No the one you are thinking of is Lin Caiyu of the Ghost Dance Faction. They specialize in illusions, which the MC might be good at, due to his strong mental energy.

Zhong Shigu hasn't had her debut yet because the first time the MC visited the Faction House she was doing closed door training because she was having a breakthrough.
  • Bless you Frostlocke!

Do we learn about what kind of breathing technique (or whatever it was) he learned from the prison is? Also, who from the prison does he meet with first since his new life?
  • Thanks again frostloke. Question: Around Ch 30 some guys starts pestering the little loli and threatening MC. Who is he? and is he taken care of?
  • edited October 2015

Do we learn about what kind of breathing technique (or whatever it was) he learned from the prison is? Also, who from the prison does he meet with first since his new life?
    I didn't see new information concerning that breathing technique ( I must have missed something, who knows) from the clues form the earlier chapters it is probably a method that helps Yuan Li foundation or control. 

As far as I know he hasn't stumbled upon any of the prisoners that survived Savage Island.

Thanks again frostloke. Question: Around Ch 30 some guys starts pestering the little loli and threatening MC. Who is he? and is he taken care of?

That's not the 'little loli', that is 'little loli's' Aunt Yun, Mu Yun Xian. 

And the obnoxious guy is Ouyang Xin(欧阳锌) and I haven't seen him since. He just totally disappeared not 'in' the story but 'from' the story. It wouldn't surprise me if something did happen to him and I missed it( 40% of the details are omitted due to MTL).
  • edited October 2015
    Is anyone willing to help me create a glossary that will help all of us MTL and other readers better understand the novel? I have just started and only have this so far. As I get additional information I will continue to add it here. Once we get enough we can submit to GravityTales for them to add to the site. thanks.

MJT Glossary

Characters:

柳鸣 Liu Ming (alias Bai Chong Tian) MC. Escaped from Savage Island was grievously wounded. Saved by Guan Lao Da and now

impersonating their young master. Became inner sect disciple.

穆明朱 Mu Ming Zhu - Mu clan daughter. Met MC while waiting for Barbarian Ghost Sect envoy. Did not pass awakening ceremony and 

became outer sect disciple

欧阳锌 Ouyang Xin. Inner sect disciple that harassed MC during a mission.

Mu Yun Xian. Inner sect (conclave/teacher? pls correct) disciple. Aunt of Mu Ming Zhu. Has completed several missions with MC.
    Guan Lao Da. Body guard of young Bai clan lord. When Bai Chong Tian got killed by thieves on way to Barbarian Ghost Sect
    entrance cermony, stumbled on MC and schemed to have him take the place of the young lord.

Gu Lao San. Body guard of young Bai clan lord.
  • Can somebody Tell me if the Mc gets also a pet demon/ghost?
  • edited November 2015
    He gets a pet scorpion and a flying skull.
  • Cool Can you Tell Then he gets them Chapter wise.

• Scorpion: Chapter 60 and Flying Skull: Chapter 147

That's all I know so far (Only up to 331).
  • Thx so i have only to wait for 27 more chapters
  • I assume he gets the scorpion in this mission if its a long one.
  • bonifide said:

I assume he gets the scorpion in this mission if its a long one.

No, he gets something better. ;)
  • I tried to read ahead with MTL and it appears there are some conflicts between sects, a group that tries to kill off the Barbarian Ghost Sect when they visit a trading town and other schemes coming up. My questions:

1. The Mu Clan betrothed him to the Mu girl that he meets while waiting for the entrance exam. She likes the other boy that came up. The MC does not seem interested in her but I think the other boy (independant practitioner) who has a special constitution that makes him a prized disciple seems to be plotting against him (hard to read MTL) how does this all play out?

2. In the big competition between different schools within the sect he does well but eventually gets beaten by an older practitioner. It is then revealed that the older guy is also studying his special skills and has some relation to the librarian. It apprears he is asked to help the MC or something? How does this all play out?

3. Does the MC ever become true disciple or core disciple? I know the female elder from his school helps him but that is not the same as these named or core or whatever disciples (usually the 9 pulse ones)

4. His clan's sister visits him (about the engagement i think) and she already knows he in not the kid from the clan but since no one except the clan master seemed to like him they don't seem to care as long as he brings prestige to the clan. Does he ever go back to his original name?

5. Does prison island ever become a part of the story again? I mean he is supposed to have a life sentence and escaped and then killed the bounty hunters chasing him

6. What girls does he end up with?

Thanks
  • edited December 2015
    Hey Rogers, I decided to answer your questions relying on memory so bear with me.

1. Gao Chong likes that Mu Girl, and since she has an engagement with MC, Gao Chong is keen to try to stop it in any way. There isn't some hardcore plotting, all Gao Chong does is intimidate the MC. Eventually they resolve their conflict when they had fight when they both became Spirit Masters.

2. That was a big competition between the factions, not between sects. And I don't remember the MC ever losing because if he did that meant that he would have to step down from his 9th seat. As for that guy, he had the same bone method as the MC but was unable to become a Spirit Master ever so the librarian placed his hopes on MC. For whatever reason, I never seen him again.

3. He becomes a core disciple during the big competition. The Big Competition is basically a core disciple promotion. The practitioners fight for ranking and if they win they take over that spot. The MC challenged the Ninth seat and beat him, essentially becoming one of the top ten disciples.

4. Nope he becomes Liu Ming throughout the story, after the events that happened in the Capital City. The Bai Clan wanted to use his name as insurance so they won't get attacked due to his status as one of the core disciples of Barbarian Sect, and MC agreed to this because the Clan Elder Lady promised him some 真煞之气 (True Demon's Qi(?)) which is essential for promoting into Spirit Master stage. They can borrow his name for two years and in turn MC gets a better chance into stepping into Spirit Master.

5. Nothing where I left off.

6. No one yet. 
  • Hey Rogers, I decided to answer your questions relying on memory so bear with me.

1. Gao Chong likes that Mu Girl, and since she has an engagement with MC, Gao Chong is keen to try to stop it in any way. There isn't some hardcore plotting, all Gao Chong does is intimidate the MC. Eventually they resolve their conflict when they had fight when they both became Spirit Masters.

2. That was a big competition between the factions, not between sects. And I don't remember the MC ever losing because if he did that meant that he would have to step down from his 9th seat. As for that guy, he had the same bone method as the MC but was unable to become a Spirit Master ever so the librarian placed his hopes on MC. For whatever reason, I never seen him again.

3. He becomes a core disciple during the big competition. The Big Competition is basically a core disciple promotion. The practitioners fight for ranking and if they win they take over that spot. The MC challenged the Ninth seat and beat him, essentially becoming one of the top ten disciples.

4. Nope he becomes Liu Ming throughout the story, after the events that happened in the Capital City. The Bai Clan wanted to use his name as insurance so they won't get attacked due to his status as one of the core disciples of Barbarian Sect, and MC agreed to this because the Clan Elder Lady promised him some 真煞之气 (True Demon's Qi(?)) which is essential for promoting into Spirit Master stage. They can borrow his name for two years and in turn MC gets a better chance into stepping into Spirit Master.

5. Nothing where I left off.

6. No one yet. 
    Thanks for the answers. A couple more questions came to mind if you know the answers:

1. At this point in the story he basically has a wind blade attack. He later learns some kind of soul shackle or chains from the ghosts he gets. After that he goes to the ghost dimension and gets the scorpion (not sure if its a familiar or summon). To be a core disciple I am assuming he has some new powers. My question is what are his spells/powers/skills up to the point you have read?

2. If he is a core disciple (one of the top 10) how does that compare to the other disciples that joined at the same time as him.. Goa Chong, the girl with the Aphrodite constitution that charms all the guys and Lei Zhen
  • 1. That's a hard question. So he gets his Wind Blades, Fireball, and Cold Cone Techniques into the Large Achievements stage. He use the Mysterious space to improve his alchemy skill. He is trying to learn the Ways of the Sword. He gets these (龙虎冥狱功) [Dragon and Tiger Underworld Prison Technique] and (太罡剑诀) [High Star Sword Art] from the ancestor of Barbarian Ghost Sect. And this (剑胚之灵) [Spirit of the Sword Embryo], I don't remember when. Eventually he is able to fully control those mysterious bubbles to freely access the mysterious space.

2. They all made at the top ten. Lei Zhen is 10th and Ga Chong was 4th. I don't remember what was Aphrodite's girl rank.
  • Hey why was his father killed???
    And his father said that there is family treasure ???
    Does he go and get those treasure
  • Thanks for the spoilers frostlocke! I'd like to ask how he received the mysterious space/bubble. In the current translation, it only states that he felt something cold enter him (when he was picking up the rat meat remains). Was the mysterious space always in him or did he acquire it when that cold something entered him?

also, will savage island ever be relevant again?

thanks!
  • The girl comes in 7th
    mc comes in 9th
    lightning boy comes 10
    gao chong comes in 5th