Looking for a novel!

Hi I'm trying to remember a certain novel I partially read before. 
It is most likely a xianxia or wuxia. But it might also be a Japanese novel.
If it rings anyone's bell. Please let me know.

A guy goes to a city and there he goes to an aunt.  The aunt teaches him an instrument and also teaches him mannerisms and etiquette. The aunt has left her original home because of some reason.
The guy plays an instrument in front a class and plays it well. Meanwhile a girl falls in love with him. I believe she's a princess or something. Her brother also tries to match them both.

I have a suspicion it's douluo dalu but it's been a long time since i read the whole raws. Can anyone enlighten me?

Comments

• it is douluo dalu
  • jaahn11 said:
    it is douluo dalu
  • jaahn11 said:
    it is douluo dalu
    In the 140s, Tang Hao sends Tang San to his aunt to learn etiquette.

Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • ilesyt said:
    A guy goes to a city and there he goes to an aunt.  The aunt teaches him an instrument and also teaches him mannerisms and etiquette. The aunt has left her original home because of some reason. 

Sounds like Douluo Dalu.

ilesyt said:
    The guy plays an instrument in front a class and plays it well. Meanwhile a girl falls in love with him. I believe she's a princess or something. Her brother also tries to match them both.

Doesn't Sound like Douluo Dalu.

This might be able to help you if you can manage to remember some more, but otherwise I'm lost.

http://www.novelupdates.com/series-finder/
  • No it is DD. I think it was a graduation ceremony or something
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • edited February 2016
    the guy just mis-remembered that second part jin. it's similar to that but she merely finds him 'special' i think, not an actual love. and yeah, this can't be anything else but douluo dalo. (aka DD, aka soul land)
  • edited February 2016
    DD in this chapter Tan San plays the harp in the graduation ceremony for etiquette that his aunt teaches and the princess falls in love with him not knowing who he is.

Love part:
    "“It seems that Xue Ke girl really is passionate about you. Last time she even asked me what level of lord a commoner would have to obtain to marry a princess. Her target was quite clearly you.”"