devoring the heavens?

Comments

• Why did he leave? I thought he would finally push her down. So the wedding is off though after what he did? Do they meet again after that?
  • YueChe said:

Taryn said:

Madness said:

Taryn said:

Was he giving it to BM like saying that he values Guxian (I think that's his name), and in giving it to her he's giving her something important?
    And who's wedding? theirs I hope? Almost chopping his head off is a bit severe though. :\

I think he's talking about the villain that is giving the master Guxing's coat, which is why he got so mad.
    Ohhh... that makes a lot more sense. I thought the MC made it into a coat because he always wanted to be close to Guxing - I was like, this is really weird!
    Who's wedding is it? Is it between BM and her fiancee? if it is, I really hope MC crashes it and takes BM away.
    I guess it wasn't the MC who did the coat. 
    I maybe be wrong , but the dude killed the wolf made into a coat and tried to presend the MC's master with it... 

Btw i'm dropping this novel for sure...

Mc is way more arrogant than any other novel MC...( think of Chu Feng (MGA) or Lin Feng (PMG) x10 )
    The plotline is kinda... blugh... it isn't worth reading

He is arrogant but Martial Emperor Reborn got him beat by a long shot. Just that he doesnt cause his love ones harm like this dude. Also by all the Xianxia I read I think either Martial Emperor Reborn MC or Eternal Life MC the most arrogant just you wont see it in Eternal Life for a long time.
  • Taryn said:

Do you guys really hate the story that much? I don't find it that bad, but that's probably just because I really want to see what happens when MC meets BM next.
    and haha yeah Vexram I noticed that too unfortunately. : (

I thought that the novel was good at first too... so i went to read the raws.. and then...it all downhill from ch100 ...
  • edited January 2016
    Kiba said:

Nabcake said:

Need spoilers for when he meets his master and when :c Also what is going on with her and that marriage? Does he stop it and claim her as his and shit :D? And what did she do to the man that gifted her the fur :c?

He meets her at the wedding, he lets this ghost guy possess him, he beats up a bunch of guys and then leaves to fix her dad. Then the heart-worm happens and he leaves again. She doesn't do anything to him.
    What's her reaction after not seeing him for so long, and do they acknowledge they like each other? Also, what benefit does he get for healing the father?

----
    What's happens after chapter 100?
  • i mean i dont get why your so agaisnt arrogance like he has the most broken constitution which is being able to absorb anything (or at least thats what it seems like) to become stronger like moqi
  • SPWJin said:

i mean i dont get why your so agaisnt arrogance like he has the most broken constitution which is being able to absorb anything (or at least thats what it seems like) to become stronger like moqi

Not against arrogance I mean I kind of like the MC of Martial Emperor Reborn. It's just this dude was never arrogance at the beginning. The moment old bugger came out he did a 100% character change. 
  • bonifide said:

SPWJin said:

i mean i dont get why your so agaisnt arrogance like he has the most broken constitution which is being able to absorb anything (or at least thats what it seems like) to become stronger like moqi

Not against arrogance I mean I kind of like the MC of Martial Emperor Reborn. It's just this dude was never arrogance at the beginning. The moment old bugger came out he did a 100% character change. 
    nah, in the currently translated chapters he's still pretty average in terms of arrogance.
  • bonifide said:

SPWJin said:

yeah i understand its like his need to be arrogant its kind of annoying at times to the point of wonder why cant he just take it normally like wtf
  • Harem members detail
  • edited February 2016
    Is this harem? I thought it was more OTP (don't mind either way).
    Any spoilers for what happens after the current arc (in translations).
  • Does he have a single lover 
    Or he have a harem if he has harem then please list them.....
  • Would like to know too. Does anything happen with yan Ziyun? 
  • No one for any of these questions? :/
  • wolfie died and became a coat  :o

meh... the only reason i read this is due to Guxing...... time to drop this series then and only way for me to read this is if he kills the pig and made it into a bacon and then feed it to a new wolf pet
  • Anyone have any info on when he accepts the women around him? They've all stated that they want to be with him, but he basically rejects all of them aside from his master, whom he is still pursuing where I am at.
  • omfg, for the last 2 month people have been asking who are the harem members are if he had one, please tell us. 
  • I read this a while back. Got pretty far into it, maybe the half-way point or more, before I decided to drop it. The wolf bit didn't really bother me, but I got really frustrated because the antagonists were extremely hard to kill.

MC has a whole swarm of rivals and regularly gets into fights with them. These aren't sparring contest, these are bloody and violent fights to the deaths. And every time, they survives just barely, often missing a limb or even the entire half of their body that they can easily grow back cause magic. Maybe, if MC is lucky, he gets to kill a redshirt or two, but that's it. Then I completely lost interest when I heard about the inconclusive ending and about a certain character's death. I also got spoiled on a couple of plot points that I strongly disagreed with.

I think a major reason why no one's answering all the questions about the love interest is because... this has A LOT of love interest. I'll do my best from memory, but I have not read the whole series yet and it's been a while.

The main love interests so far are: Yin Zhenluo, Yan Xiyun, Shiwang, Ysing Yi, Huang Yuechan, Qian Duoduo, Bai Youniang, Fang Yuyou, Pa Ji, Xiazi Yu, Mo Chou, Luo Zixi, Yuan Er, Li Yue, Zhi Xuan.

Whatever his intentions in the beginning, he won't be able to stick to just one woman. Some of them, like Yan Xiyun/Fang Yuyou/Huang Yuechan loves him too much for him to just ignore. Others, he had verbally sworn an oath to take responsibility for, even though nothing happened, like Bai Youniang and Shiwang. Meanwhile, there are girls like Ysing Yi, whom he actually slept with and must take responsibility for.

All in all, not sure how many he ends up with, but there has to be at least three + Yin Zhenluo.

Actually, I think this is mead.
  • Liek the person above said, too many harem members/Potential members
    just at chap 400 it already crossed mark of 12 girls
     Yin Zhenluo, - Master,Hemostly calls her as master and she feels he only sees her as master and not as a lady, And she has guilt trip of causing MC attacked by heart insect
    Yan Xiyun,- Missing as of chap 400, MC feels guilty because he doesnt know if she is even alive and its all due to him. Last seen trying to commit suicide but taken in by a old lady
     Shi wang -Demon princess, Gentle af - She loves MC and he knows it well,But she thinks she can never get him because he loves Yen.
     Ysing Yi -?,
     Huang Yuechan - Saintess of Fighting Dragons Sect,is insanely attracted to MC because she has phoenix blood in her and MC has black dragon, which is fatal attraction to her since Phoenix in ancient times died for Black dragon. She also has most advances as of now, Including dozens of kisses, and seeing each other nude and almost doing it. ,
     Qian Duoduo,- A Girl from ancient times, Due to her staying in room with MC alone and her values she must marry him!Also a living ATM machine
     Bai Youniang,- Auction House Young lady - She already confessed to MC and asked him to marry her.
     Fang Yuyou, - Young master of one of 5 Noble clans and only one who isnt hell bent on killing MC, She has confessed too I Think.
    Pa Ji,
    Xiazi Yu, - From Northern State, a influential girl. She is friends with mc, nothing mcuh as of now but li interest has been shown
    Mo Chou - a girl with special body, adopted by MC as lil sister, she was 5-6 yr old when he does. Due to her special body and Greedy old man secret techs for her, she grows to a teenager real fast, She wants to be MC bride!
    Luo Zixi,
    Yuan Er,
     Li Yue,
     Zhi Xuan. - Saintess of female only sect, Not much development as of now but they are close friends.Elder disciple sister of Mo Chou

I dunno which one is Han Tian saintess in it, She is one of biggest sect Saintess in North and has expressed to give her virginity to MC.

MC hasnt accepted anyone as of now, because he has 4 years left to live and doesnt want to destroy any of girls future.
    all as of chap 400~
  • viole1369 said:
    Liek the person above said, too many harem members/Potential members
    just at chap 400 it already crossed mark of 12 girls
     Yin Zhenluo, - Master,Hemostly calls her as master and she feels he only sees her as master and not as a lady, And she has guilt trip of causing MC attacked by heart insect
    Yan Xiyun,- Missing as of chap 400, MC feels guilty because he doesnt know if she is even alive and its all due to him. Last seen trying to commit suicide but taken in by a old lady
     Shi wang -Demon princess, Gentle af - She loves MC and he knows it well,But she thinks she can never get him because he loves Yen.
     Ysing Yi -?,
     Huang Yuechan - Saintess of Fighting Dragons Sect,is insanely attracted to MC because she has phoenix blood in her and MC has black dragon, which is fatal attraction to her since Phoenix in ancient times died for Black dragon. She also has most advances as of now, Including dozens of kisses, and seeing each other nude and almost doing it. ,
     Qian Duoduo,- A Girl from ancient times, Due to her staying in room with MC alone and her values she must marry him!Also a living ATM machine
     Bai Youniang,- Auction House Young lady - She already confessed to MC and asked him to marry her.
     Fang Yuyou, - Young master of one of 5 Noble clans and only one who isnt hell bent on killing MC, She has confessed too I Think.
    Pa Ji,
    Xiazi Yu, - From Northern State, a influential girl. She is friends with mc, nothing mcuh as of now but li interest has been shown
    Mo Chou - a girl with special body, adopted by MC as lil sister, she was 5-6 yr old when he does. Due to her special body and Greedy old man secret techs for her, she grows to a teenager real fast, She wants to be MC bride!
    Luo Zixi,
    Yuan Er,
     Li Yue,
     Zhi Xuan. - Saintess of female only sect, Not much development as of now but they are close friends.Elder disciple sister of Mo Chou

I dunno which one is Han Tian saintess in it, She is one of biggest sect Saintess in North and has expressed to give her virginity to MC.

MC hasnt accepted anyone as of now, because he has 4 years left to live and doesnt want to destroy any of girls future.
    all as of chap 400~
    For what reason was Yan Xiyun trying to suicide?
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • Guilt trip that she couldnt protect the wolf ,Her soul was forcefully searched leading to the Fighting Dragon sect Top 1 knowing MC found abode of immortal book, As a plan to steal he killed Wolf which lead to life and death war declare bw him and MC.
    She feels she will be abused by enemy as chip to mess with XuanYuan so she tries to commit suicide.
  • edited August 2016
    viole1369 said:
    Guilt trip that she couldnt protect the wolf ,Her soul was forcefully searched leading to the Fighting Dragon sect Top 1 knowing MC found abode of immortal book, As a plan to steal he killed Wolf which lead to life and death war declare bw him and MC.
    She feels she will be abused by enemy as chip to mess with XuanYuan so she tries to commit suicide.
    She didn't suffer any side effects from her soul being forcefully searched? And did she get violated?
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  •  No to both. If she was, do you think this series will make it to 2,000 chapters? This happened very early in the story. The Chinese audience is very sensitive to certain developments.

• she tries to commit suicide? I see the word try there...can you elaborate?
  • she tries to commit suicide? I see the word try there...can you elaborate?
    Someone stops her (the old lady) and basically convinces her to follow her around.
    Not really much detail is given, and it wasn't really elaborated as where I stopped last, which was pretty far.
  • From what I remembered, the MC's predecessor saved Yan Xiyun's mentor's life when she was young and then left, presumably riding off into the sunset on a white stallion, but that was enough to make her instantly fall in love with him. However, she was too weak to follow in his footsteps and make him notice her and she was never able to meet him again. Then he died. She get really bitter over that and made a sect based around it.

She saved Yan Xiyun cause she reminded her of herself. I think she was actually just passing by.

Again, haven't finished the whole series, so this may be wrong. Who knows, maybe there's a secret history behind these events, as per usual.
  • What are cultivation level after sky immortal? 
    Its kinda confusing in mtl. 
  • guy who said "Then I completely lost interest when I heard about the inconclusive ending and about a certain character's death. I also got spoiled on a couple of plot points that I strongly disagreed with. "  never explained it and his account is inactive...anyone who has read the novel, who died? (it isn't the wolf he's talking about)
  • guy who said "Then I completely lost interest when I heard about the inconclusive ending and about a certain character's death. I also got spoiled on a couple of plot points that I strongly disagreed with. "  never explained it and his account is inactive...anyone who has read the novel, who died? (it isn't the wolf he's talking about)
    This site is weird. I'm not inactive. It's been a while, but I can think of a couple reasons why I dropped this.

I already said that the antagonists were hilariously hard to kill. I found out that some of them (or a lot of them) aren't even killed by the MC, but by his friends and ally. That ticked me off cause they've been on his ass since the day their first meeting and he doesn't even get to kill them with his own hands. How unsatisfying.

Then it turns out, a lot of characters are reincarnations of somebody from the past. Some are reincarnations of major figures who themselves were reincarnations of other major figures.

One of the love interest apparently dies and may or may not ressurect. Chinese forums claim that the author broke up with his gf and killed her off cause of that. Then there was a love interest who did something really stupid, but I forgot what.

Then the side-characters, aka MC's allies. I hated them. That includes the perverted monk who essentially tricks women into sleeping with him cause that's how he cultivates (one of his victims actually commits suicide when she found out) , the swordsman who make woman fall in love with him and then leaves them cause that's also how he cultivates, and the fat and greedy monk who I wanted to see dead ever since his first appearance. Also, I hate the pig.

As for the ending... Ever watch Mario Bros: the Movie? The big bad is killed and there is some sort of peace, but one of the love interest is suddenly and mysteriously kidnapped from under MC's nose and a very formidable army marches on his territory.

You could either call this a loose ending or a sequel bait.

• Who was kidnapped? 
  • Which love interest did the author kill off?