Long Live Summons

Comments

• I have no problem with insecst( siblings) I have a major issue if a Mom or dad is involved with their children!!! So for gods sake I hope that Sword goddess and his mom are differ ppl or els this might be an even shitty end that the great Zhan Long
  • So I took the plunge and have been reading the LNMTL, is there anybody who has read the raws that can give a quick summary of the plot in the missing chapters?  I'm not there yet so I wanted to take a minute to ask now before I get to the NEXT TIME ON DBZ then for the next episode to be Goku's grand-children's grand-children are dead of old age.  Thanks in advance!
  • edited January 2016
    Taryn said:

Sanyog said:

will supreme ever falls for him

Yes.
    NarDarna said:

Bailee said:

NarDarna said:

Hey guys, could you tell me something.

What is the deal with the poor guy the one MC replaced. is it on the same basis like with other xianxia where its re-incantation or is he still at the bottom of the place where he drowned and how is the sword goddess the MC's mother. Which is what I don't get, if someone could answer these question it would be great 
    hat guy was a fake. some demon lord got him killed thinking he was the real Yue Yang and stole his body only to realize when trying to enter the portal that his dead father is holding open that he can't enter. turns out shameless MC was long ago sent to our world to be protected and the old daoist dude who kicked him was asked by his mother to send him back when time was right. also the sword godess that he cals his wife is his mom xD

I've been looking for a while where its mentioned that his mom's the sword goddess and I can't seem to find where. I don't know where I missed it >.<

Are you looking through the raws or translated chapters? Because I do t think we've gotten to that point in the translations.

I've read the mtl at lnmtl up to the end and I think it might have flown over my head.

But there are some inconsistencies if Heavenly Sword Goddess is his mom:

Super spoiler. Read at your own risk.
    Spoiler:

1. She promised in exchange for the Eastern Immortal Races' help to have no contact with YY. Hence her asking Supreme to mentor YY in the future. And she would have broken this promise a couple of times (i.e. The trials at heaven realm lust valley YY was saved by HSG)

2. Heavenly Sword Goddess uses swords but at the final fight we find out mom specializes in the laws of creation and eternal, not destruction. She didn't use any swords >.<

3. Last chapter. Mom and Heavenly Sword Goddess are still mentioned separately if I understood it correctly.

Thanks to anyone who can help me clarify this :D
    Kind of hoping their two different people honestly, but anyone else have thoughts/evidence on this?

1. Happens around chapter 1,277. Supreme's flashback.
    2. Happen's at 1,350+ at the final battle and is a big twist in the story.
    3. 1399
    Tsuchi said:

I have no problem with insecst( siblings) I have a major issue if a Mom or dad is involved with their children!!! So for gods sake I hope that Sword goddess and his mom are differ ppl or els this might be an even shitty end that the great Zhan Long

The ending would have lost its humor if she is his mom.

Ending spoiler. You've been warned again.
    Spoiler:

Everybody's gathered, then the Old Daoist Priest arrives. Mom and the rest salute him while YY looks stupified. Priest goes over to YY and hands out his hand saying "My sword".The sword flies out of YY to Priests' waist and out comes HSG with sword curvy loli and the phoenix twins, bowing to Priest like daughters. She gives an angry look at YY for his silly appearance while Sword Loli mouths silently "Fool".

YY wakes up from his stupor and suddenly jumps at Priest and hugs his thigh and says "Master! You've come!"

Everyones embarassed for him, and the Priest shouts "Who're you calling master!" and tramples him like Fatty.

Didn't wait for him to recover, Priest flies away, opens a portal and leaves. HSG and Sword Loli pats their chest in relief, Mom hits YY on the head and calls him stupid.

The hit gives him an idea. He shouts "Master wait for me!". He calls out to the females "What are you waiting for? Lets go after him!"

You can check it out here: http://lnmtl.com/chapter/long-live-summons-chapter-1399
  • From that it does seem like HSG would not be considered YY's mom.
  • edited January 2016
    Jylenn said:

So I took the plunge and have been reading the LNMTL, is there anybody who has read the raws that can give a quick summary of the plot in the missing chapters?  I'm not there yet so I wanted to take a minute to ask now before I get to the NEXT TIME ON DBZ then for the next episode to be Goku's grand-children's grand-children are dead of old age.  Thanks in advance!

Its not a that big of a skip. Most of important stuff is discussed after the missing chapters.

This one is a bit of a surprise:
    Spoiler:

He gets his Grimoire to Holy Law

And if you want to read them yourself, here are the raws:
    http://www.piaotian.cc/read/988/index.html

Remember. Google translate is your friend ;)
  • Oh boy. Mfw YY wins a legendary item in a literal pissing contest...
  • What happens to battle angel Yika later on ??
  • Argo said:
    What happens to battle angel Yika later on ??
     She gets stronger later on. Her vengeance arrow skill depends on her anger level so you'll see her go on a rage. Thats pretty much it :neutral: 
  • So ... I guess his personality won't change for the better later on?
    Stopped reading after 120~ chapters, YY is unbearable 
  • edited February 2016
    Ravelord said:
    So ... I guess his personality won't change for the better later on?
    Stopped reading after 120~ chapters, YY is unbearable 
    It does actually. But it takes a while :smiley: 
    Even the villains have character developments. 
  • So does anything happen between Hui Tang Lan and that fox :p?
  • HTL defending the fox with his life was really touching, albeit a bit filler like.
  • edited February 2016
    Nabcake said:
    So does anything happen between Hui Tang Lan and that fox p?
    Nothing happens. But the fox becomes a hot foxy lady eventually. 

Taryn said:
    HTL defending the fox with his life was really touching, albeit a bit filler like.

Yeah the part where he reminisces about YY's teaching is sweat. Apparently he gets more than just beatings and innate qi lol
  • NarDarna said:
    Nabcake said:

Taryn said:
    HTL defending the fox with his life was really touching, albeit a bit filler like.

Yeah the part where he reminisces about YY's teaching is sweat. Apparently he gets more than just beatings and innate qi lol
    Is the foxy lady part of YY's harem?
  • Taryn said:
    NarDarna said:
    Nabcake said:

Taryn said:

Nah YY dooesn't steal from bros. And Luo Hua would probably beat him up if he tried XD
  • Taryn said:
    NarDarna said:
    Nabcake said:

Taryn said:

Would be great if she becomes part of htl harem. 
  • All that and the doesn't even get the Fox? There is no justice in this world.
  • What girl doesn't like Harem King Yue Yang.. :/
  • edited February 2016
    Haha cmon guys he has to leave some for htl and the rest. Wait til you see what happens with Fatty. 

Spoiler:

He eventually does get a hot Holy Spirit Beast. It's seagull Spirit Beast that always sits on his head. And everytime he tries to make a contract, it cancels it. And when he's up to no good he gets hit. 

Eventually he contracts it and it becomes a loli who always beats him up XD

Another love interest is a 3 meter ox girl, similar to Barbarian from before. She calls YY ugly :D 

• edited February 2016
    So does htl get a harem of any kind then? Did foxy lady really not join? That sucks.
  • Anon3166 said:
    So does htl get a harem of any kind then? Did foxy lady really not join? That sucks.
    No htl doesn't get a harem but he has a thing for the fox. And YY's harem reaches double digits so he's got that going for him :)
  • YY is going to have so many kids, like literally an army. Omg.
  • His children will probably be all girls..
  • Hey what is going to happen in the battle when they are picking the starlight grass

• Ok I'm confused: HSG and "Curvy Lolita" are 2 separate entities?  I guess HSG is the teacher and loli is the student then?
  • Not really sure who the lolita is yet, but HSG wasn't described as looking to be a loli, so I'd venture to say your second guess is more accurate (although I have no idea myself).
  • edited February 2016
    His children will probably be all girls..
    Good guess. He's the first male in the mother's side of the family in 100 years if I remember right. Most of their children are girls. 
    Hey what is going to happen in the battle when they are picking the starlight grass

Spoiler:

Its a tough fight. QQ vs thin guy while YY attacks the musclehead and old fisher. LH and fire demon trade shots.

Thin guy has a bone exoskeleton. The old fisher knows the Yue clan spear tech that was lost a long time ago. Apparently long ago they kidnapped the Yue master and tortured it out from him. Also has a bait type summon that he can shoot. 

YY blinds musclehead in 1 eye with an underhanded sword qi stab, uses bind on old fisher then stabs the chest, then LH toasts the body just to be sure. Turns out he's still alive and he aint human, he was an ancient humanoid turtle. Things are looking grim. 

QQ asks if YY will find her in the next life. YY says it depends if you're beautiful XD

YY decides to throws QQ and LH out of there. Demon Palace guys just watch, apparently they've got tens of guys outside waiting and they also attacked HTL, they're dead serious.

YY fights 4 on 1. With shadow buff beats down musclehead, then teleports to thin guy and twists his neck. He then jumps into a nearby pond with old fisher. YY surfaces alone, tired, and wounded.

Everyone hears a ruckus outside. Seems QQ and LH are winning. Suddenly the area inside turns ice cold. QQ and LH appear with Mysterious Beauty (MB). All of them are wounded and LH has fainted with an arrow in her chest, seems she blocked for QQ earlier. SP tells musclehead and demon fire that the planned failed, and they should leave her. Both quickly exit. 

YY takes out the bell from Aries Temple to heal everyone. They try to guess who Beauty Phoenix (SP) is. She asks why don't you guess that I'm Sky Punisher. 

MB doesn't believe it. SP is top three in Demon Palace and an innate, so by alliance rules can't attack non-innate. SP doesn't mind her and asks YY why he doesn't use any summon/other skill. Seems that he's scared of her reporting his skills to demon palace. He doesn't believe he can kill her since Divine Vision can't see through her. SP taunts them and they continue the fight. 

Nothing fazes her. She blocks everything with a hand and doesn't even budge an inch. Bind effect lasts less than a second and she evades Supreme Sword by snuggling into his chest. He tries to stab her with sword qi from the elbows, but she just kisses him and wizzes away.

YY gives up and tells the girls to leave. He tell QQ to make sure shes pretty in the next life so he can find her. QQ says that if shes SP then they can't escape. Also asks what if she became a guy.  YY says he's not into guy-on-guy action. QQ says then fine, you be the girl! XD

MB buts in and decides to stall for time to escape. No one wants to leave and everyone attacks. YY is smashed in the ground, QQ gets buried in a wall, while MB was stabbed in the heart. YY defends fainted LH with a grimoire shield but SP's hand just penetrates it. 

SP asks him if he really gets stronger when he's angry, and what will it take to make him blow his fuse. She says she'll ruin LH's face and torture his family if he doesn't man up. YY goes nuts, eyes all red, the ancient rune appears on his forhead, and his hands are covered in Nirvana Flames (last seen at the fake elder incident)

SPs surprised. Both hands she blocks with is burnt black so she hypnotized YY to make him fall asleep. She says YYs too dangerous as her hands approach his head. But she suddenly looks up. SP kisses him in exchange for his life then leaves. 

Near the entrance SP finds the woman who gave YY the crystal card (S). SP approaches her and calls her elder sister. S tells SP next time she sees her near YY she'll kill her. SP screams  that S takes the best of everything from her. S denies it, she provided whats appropriate for SP, but she doesn't want to accept it. S says YY will be the one to surpass herself, and next time Demon Palace touches him they're dead. S leaves while SP grumbles. 

Later YY wakes up all healed. But every move he makes he breaks the ground or smashes into the wall, rocks crumble in his hand like chalk. He wonders what SP did to him and goes to check on the others. He hears S's voice, telling him that their fine and to go outside.

She lets him ask her about anything. It appears that when she became YY's introducing person she became his master. YY grumbles that he didn't learn anything. S tells him that she gave him freedom. She recounts her younger sister who she guided in everything eventually rebelled. So from then on she believes that freedom is important in teaching. YY asks what happened to his body. S tells him that is Innate Realm rank 1, she mind transfers to him how to lower that level to normal so he doesn't crush people. YY asks for her name. S tells him that her name is at the top of the ranking in Tong Tian tower 10 level. Of course YY asks if she has a boyfriend. She says she might consider at the 10th level and leaves. 

• Jylenn said:
    Ok I'm confused: HSG and "Curvy Lolita" are 2 separate entities?  I guess HSG is the teacher and loli is the student then?
    Nah its more like HSG is the dean while Curvy Lolita is the teacher. YYs the student :)
  • NarDarna said:
    His children will probably be all girls..
    Good guess. He's the first male in the mother's side of the family in 100 years if I remember right. Most of their children are girls. 
    Hey what is going to happen in the battle when they are picking the starlight grass

Spoiler:

Its a tough fight. QQ vs thin guy while YY attacks the musclehead and old fisher. LH and fire demon trade shots.

Thin guy has a bone exoskeleton. The old fisher knows the Yue clan spear tech that was lost a long time ago. Apparently long ago they kidnapped the Yue master and tortured it out from him. Also has a bait type summon that he can shoot. 

YY blinds musclehead in 1 eye with an underhanded sword qi stab, uses bind on old fisher then stabs the chest, then LH toasts the body just to be sure. Turns out he's still alive and he aint human, he was an ancient humanoid turtle. Things are looking grim. 

QQ asks if YY will find her in the next life. YY says it depends if you're beautiful XD

YY decides to throws QQ and LH out of there. Demon Palace guys just watch, apparently they've got tens of guys outside waiting and they also attacked HTL, they're dead serious.

YY fights 4 on 1. With shadow buff beats down musclehead, then teleports to thin guy and twists his neck. He then jumps into a nearby pond with old fisher. YY surfaces alone, tired, and wounded.

Everyone hears a ruckus outside. Seems QQ and LH are winning. Suddenly the area inside turns ice cold. QQ and LH appear with Mysterious Beauty (MB). All of them are wounded and LH has fainted with an arrow in her chest, seems she blocked for QQ earlier. SP tells musclehead and demon fire that the planned failed, and they should leave her. Both quickly exit. 

YY takes out the bell from Aries Temple to heal everyone. They try to guess who Beauty Phoenix (SP) is. She asks why don't you guess that I'm Sky Punisher. 

MB doesn't believe it. SP is top three in Demon Palace and an innate, so by alliance rules can't attack non-innate. SP doesn't mind her and asks YY why he doesn't use any summon/other skill. Seems that he's scared of her reporting his skills to demon palace. He doesn't believe he can kill her since Divine Vision can't see through her. SP taunts them and they continue the fight. 

Nothing fazes her. She blocks everything with a hand and doesn't even budge an inch. Bind effect lasts less than a second and she evades Supreme Sword by snuggling into his chest. He tries to stab her with sword qi from the elbows, but she just kisses him and wizzes away.

YY gives up and tells the girls to leave. He tell QQ to make sure shes pretty in the next life so he can find her. QQ says that if shes SP then they can't escape. Also asks what if she became a guy.  YY says he's not into guy-on-guy action. QQ says then fine, you be the girl! XD

MB buts in and decides to stall for time to escape. No one wants to leave and everyone attacks. YY is smashed in the ground, QQ gets buried in a wall, while MB was stabbed in the heart. YY defends fainted LH with a grimoire shield but SP's hand just penetrates it. 

SP asks him if he really gets stronger when he's angry, and what will it take to make him blow his fuse. She says she'll ruin LH's face and torture his family if he doesn't man up. YY goes nuts, eyes all red, the ancient rune appears on his forhead, and his hands are covered in Nirvana Flames (last seen at the fake elder incident)

SPs surprised. Both hands she blocks with is burnt black so she hypnotized YY to make him fall asleep. She says YYs too dangerous as her hands approach his head. But she suddenly looks up. SP kisses him in exchange for his life then leaves. 

Near the entrance SP finds the woman who gave YY the crystal card (S). SP approaches her and calls her elder sister. S tells SP next time she sees her near YY she'll kill her. SP screams  that S takes the best of everything from her. S denies it, she provided whats appropriate for SP, but she doesn't want to accept it. S says YY will be the one to surpass herself, and next time Demon Palace touches him they're dead. S leaves while SP grumbles. 

Later YY wakes up all healed. But every move he makes he breaks the ground or smashes into the wall, rocks crumble in his hand like chalk. He wonders what SP did to him and goes to check on the others. He hears S's voice, telling him that their fine and to go outside.

She lets him ask her about anything. It appears that when she became YY's introducing person she became his master. YY grumbles that he didn't learn anything. S tells him that she gave him freedom. She recounts her younger sister who she guided in everything eventually rebelled. So from then on she believes that freedom is important in teaching. YY asks what happened to his body. S tells him that is Innate Realm rank 1, she mind transfers to him how to lower that level to normal so he doesn't crush people. YY asks for her name. S tells him that her name is at the top of the ranking in Tong Tian tower 10 level. Of course YY asks if she has a boyfriend. She says she might consider at the 10th level and leaves. 

for the record next time demon palace shows up supreme doesn't need to do anything since YY kills 2 out 4 innates from demon palace in a match after which the leader asks for forgiveness and runs away with his tails between his legs (SP is the other innate and he was sweating balls and scared shitless cause YY could use innate 4 power at innate 1)
  • Oh ok, I was just reading when he first transformed his Valkyrie girls and it was talking about his comprehension of the red sword increasing ( 690's) but I couldn't recall the distinction between the two ever being made.  Sometimes they call someone Sickly Beauty and then in the same chappy they call her Wu Hen for example.  This happens most with Wu Xia

Though he doesn't have much interest in anybody's actual name I notice... Reminds me of when I was reading Shield Bro except I think YY does it as pet names rather than because he doesn't care.  Interesting to note he doesn't have a nickname for YB or Yu.  OH, maybe it was something like some of them wouldn't tell him her name so he just did it that way?  Though I do have some sympathy for the guy, as far as he knew he was essentially a spy in enemy territory for lack of a better term who didn't even know what he was supposed to know already and what it was perfectly normal for him to be clueless about.  His first interaction with Yu for example: *POOF* a cousin appeared!  A journal with a little bit of information really can't make up for a lifetime of accumulated knowledge.  I think this is a bit of a "hidden" plot point it helps you choke down the first bit of the story as long as you keep this in mind.  Otherwise you just see him as a hypocrite who won't even commit to help YB as much as he really could etc.  If his outlook on life wasn't quite so interesting I could totally see him raging at that priest for this.  Despite the previously mentioned dangers playing with someone's life like this (TWICE) really wasn't fair to him.

Oh also is there some stated reason he doesn't use "Yu'er"?  Is that only something you would call a junior?  Or maybe it's something like he says "Mmmmm dat cousin, Go-go-gadget wolf-hands"?  I expect it's more his own personal style that keeps him from using this type of speech as I haven't seen him show any interest in Yu yet other than as family.  It's not a big issue, I just don't recall it ever coming up.  I don't mind this because they are family after all but I also realize in some cultures historically as long as it's as far as cousins it was fair game.  Perhaps modern sensibilities have kept him from this path?  That plot point has been all but forgotten though as he has adjusted to his current environment.  Perhaps the fact that the current world is more interesting for him is also another thing that keeps him from raging at the priest.  You wouldn't generally be pissed off at someone for taking you to an amusement park after all.  ("Little clown, slowly perform for me!" XD)

regarding summons:
    was Yika actually something unique or was she just "Oh, all of this type/level of construct are like this"?  Will "she"(?) change in to the other forms or does she stay as Yu?  Author forgot about the transformations?

other than YB's Titan tree and Yu's Angel thing that I still don't understand as of 700 does he mad scientist any other summons that are "YY originals"?

i have lots to say today I guess ha ha, coffee made me chatty I think!  I guess this is a mixture between "discussion" and "spoiler" but oh well!  Happy Saturday everybody!