Ask Anything (Granddaddy Spoiler Thread)

Comments

• @Luo Tian so after he finishes the mirror does he figure out what lord Fifth is/ background and can you describe what is going on in the fight with Luo Tian?
  • @"Luo Tian" 

Who is that oldman that's always painting and helping out Meng Hao. Like in the recent translated chapter where he stopped Meng Hao's karma being destroyed by Ji Ninteen. 
  • edited February 2016
    @Anti ;
    Frankly i don't remember Meng Hao giving back a treasure to anyone ^^ that guy's avarice is the topest you can imagine, and he never got enough money he always take and don't give there are tons of funny chapter about this xD the one i laughed so hard was when he went to his ancestors tombs and took all the spirit stones ans immortal jade and altar saying it's a shame to let this stuff get dusty with his shy face hahaha :D , as for the Resurrection Lily it helped him when he broke through the immortal stage and get an additional immortal artery ( the more arteries you have the more your potential and power is bigger)
    @berkgod
    pretty much all we know on the mirror was already said in the spoiler you just have to find it nothing new on it in the latest raws, as for the Meng Hao fight with Luo Tian, there are 2 major fights the first one took place not long after meng hao broke through to Unique boundary he made a fight against the incarnation of Luo Tian not the main body it was quite the Epic fight, that's where we saw 7 of Luo Tian 8 forms, the first is form he became a Hydra each head had the appearance of the 9 céléstial bloodlines created before, the 2nd form was that of a dragon with crown the crown picks looked like the Hydra heads, the 3rd form was that of a Jack-o'-lantern ^^ also called Ghost form, 4th form it looked like a demon surrounded by black fire, 5th form named Deity form he looked like a giant with holy light all around him, 6th form named "The Immortal" he had a human form but on the top of his head was mountain é_é, the 7th form name was literally "monster of 9 mountains and seas" he as the name suggest had the appearance of the 9 mountains and seas, each of these form got counter attacked by meng hao demons sealing hexs, the purpose of this fight is that luo tian wanted to see the 9th sealing HEX because he was too much afraid of it power and prepare for a counter measure when he fight with his truebody that plan failed and his incarnation swallowed by meng hao and exiled from his own universe :p  (that sucks)  but before that he made a curse on his universe which meng hao can't untie unless he kill Luo Tian and that's why we have a last shutdown between the 2 i still didn't read all of the last battle so i can tell you after i finish it.
  • edited February 2016
    Brandish said:
    @"Luo Tian" 

Who is that oldman that's always painting and helping out Meng Hao. Like in the recent translated chapter where he stopped Meng Hao's karma being destroyed by Ji Ninteen. 
    sorry man there are like 1200 chapter between where you are and we i'm these stuff were just minor plot don't really remember :( but i can tell you this a lot of people were helping meng hao before because they wanted him to do things for them, after some time he will even understand at one point that he was just board game piece in bigger plots.
  • What's the deal with the purple rain in the upcoming chapters? What summons it?

Also, how does Meng Hao become the spirit ancestor for the tribes? A "lamp" is mentioned. The way I picture it, after the previous spirit ancestor for a tribe dies everyone does a spirit bomb attack and Meng Hao gets to borrow their powers.
  • what happens to his 2 nirvana fruits ?
  • and what happens to divine crow 5 tribes and what is special about black bat? why it had wooden sword in it?
  • Does meng hao succeed in getting the perfect nascent soul??
    How does he do it?? Pill??
    A Hero Without Equal....A Lonely King
  • edited February 2016
    @"Luo Tian"
    thx again.
    Another questions o:
    1/
    "Li Xian" is what LNMTL calls the huge Resurrection Lily in the milky way sea. It is also what LNMTL calls the Resurrection Lily who helped Men Hao and Xu Qing in the rebirth cave when MH was dying after losing his cultivation at the hands of the Wang patriarch.
    Both Resurrection Lily also come from the milky way sea and both they were in love with their host but got cut off.
    Frakly, I'd believe they are the same person, but the Painter (that you don't seem to remember) helped the Resurrection Lily from the Rebirth Cave to pass on or something, and she turned into a flower, supposedly for 1000 years. So she can't be the same as the huge one, can she ?
    Plus she did help MH while the other tried to melt him.

So what exactly is all this stuff about ?

2/
    Why are all the super powerhouses on the Eastern part of the continent ?

3/
    Where are the mortal ? In ISSTH, so far, you'd believe that there are 2 maybe 3 cities of mortals. Supposedly, cities of cultivators are hidden from the view of the mortals, but I am starting to think that it's the mortals that are hidden from the cultivators. I should even say that they live on a completely different layer of existence since they are simply unaffected by the wars between sects. Cultivators seem to be able to travels by ground and sky from a city to another in a straight line without crossing any city of mortal.
    Usually, the weakest, the more numerous. In many novels, mortals are the most numerous, then cultivators then the stronger, the rarer. But in ISSTH, mortals simply don't seem to exist beside being mentioned on very rare occasion.
    They weren't even considered when Northen cultivators tried to curse the Southern land. The curse would have disabled all cultivator, but killed every single mortal. Xu Qing who only suffered 10% of the curse still died.
    So I am mistaken about the number of mortals or is the author simply unwilling to give them any existence ?

• @Luo Tian Thanks for the answers!
  • Did Meng Hao gain abilities with each of his Spirit Severings? if he did can you mention them please?
  • @Anti ;

1. that Resurrection Lily helped meng hao only because she wanted him to grow more powerful and then refine meng hao(some kind of fusion) so that she can become a Real immortal and join another flower or something, her cultivation was only that of a false immortal, when all the condition were met and wanted to get her plan done (she was the one that helped the northern cultivators to cross and attack the southern domain) meng hao had his 3rd severing at the time and so his parent came and saved him, as i said this is just minor things that got forgotten after a hundred chapter or so nothing affecting on the long term.
    2. No idea.
    3. well mortals are quite irrélevent in the story as they rather worship the cultivators and call all of them "immortal" no matter how shitty the cultivation level is, but they do live in the same cities or just live in their own villages as the cultivators themselves don't quite pay any heed to them, cultivators use spirit stones mortal use only normal money and gold, things cultivators have little desire to have, and the author himself don't seem to mention them that much only if it's related to something in the plot. As for Xu Qing why she died because her soul was already injured and only had 100 years to live before going to the samsara and get reborn the curse just speeded the process.
    Alde_baram
    when the severing is done the thing you get out of it more raw power and control of the thing you severed in case of meng hao his got control of the resurrection lily / evil spirit heart / don't remember what was the second evil spirit heart was the last severing.

• Luo Tian said:
    @Anti ;

1. that Resurrection Lily helped meng hao only because she wanted him to grow more powerful and then refine meng hao(some kind of fusion) so that she can become a Real immortal and join another flower or something, her cultivation was only that of a false immortal, when all the condition were met and wanted to get her plan done (she was the one that helped the northern cultivators to cross and attack the southern domain) meng hao had his 3rd severing at the time and so his parent came and saved him, as i said this is just minor things that got forgotten after a hundred chapter or so nothing affecting on the long term.
    2. No idea.
    3. well mortals are quite irrélevent in the story as they rather worship the cultivators and call all of them "immortal" no matter how shitty the cultivation level is, but they do live in the same cities or just live in their own villages as the cultivators themselves don't quite pay any heed to them, cultivators use spirit stones mortal use only normal money and gold, things cultivators have little desire to have, and the author himself don't seem to mention them that much only if it's related to something in the plot. As for Xu Qing why she died because her soul was already injured and only had 100 years to live before going to the samsara and get reborn the curse just speeded the process.
    Alde_baram
    when the severing is done the thing you get out of it more raw power and control of the thing you severed in case of meng hao his got control of the resurrection lily / evil spirit heart / don't remember what was the second evil spirit heart was the last severing.

I think the 2nd severing is the perfection right?!
  • @Chosen 
    oh yeah that's how he got from perfect to eternal boundary (thump up !) :)
  • edited February 2016
    Luo Tian said:
    @Anti

In the Rebirth Cave, the Resurrection Lily said she was not helping Meng Hao as she didn't care about him but was helping Xu Qing, because she was exactly like her in the past, willing to be together with MH in both life and death. That's also why I felt that this Resurrection Lily, who then got turned into a small flower could not be the same huge Resurrection Lily who made the bridge and wanted to melt MH.
    But well,whatever I guess. Just weird. Maybe it's just her clone who got turned into a flower.

Another weird thing I just read. Meng Hao just escaped the Buddhist Temple with the lamp above his head and....threw one of the competitor inside his bag of holding....that should be impossible. I first had some doubt and believed that he maybe had killed him and pocketed his corpse for later usage, but then soon after that, he took him out of his bag and forced him to write a bill of acknowledgement of debt. what the hell ?

Then about this debt thing, I am not sure I understand how it is related to law of cause and effect or whatever it is called. Meng Hao pondered that then had some enlightenment that made him decided to make everyone  write this kind of stuff as if it could bring him some kind of blessing later in the game. Isn't robbing people and forcing them to write the bill asking for tribulation ?

• edited February 2016
    @Anti 
    Yeah the mystery of how he could put people into his Chu bag, i still didn't figure that out did the author just want to slide that and pray it go unnoticed ? or did i miss some part about having a new kind of chu bag ? i frankly don't know myself. About the debt thing you asked well he practically beaten up these people and forced them to sign a debt paper that can't be cancelled unless you pay up or meng hao cancel it himself, he did all that because he wanted how that was actually affecting his karma (in other words causes and effects) he had this idea after he went to see the ji clan because their cultivation is based on sowing karma, so meng hao made his own magic powers of causes and effects(karma) it main purpose was actually making money and with what he created he could make people owe him money and create an acknowledgement of debt paper without them actually signing because he was directly affecting their karma  afterwards it became a very scary power and saved him a lot of times as he can use it to do other things than making money it was even said that it became more of a destiny law magic power because of it huge effects, even now against luo tian he used it to cut the karma lines and banish him. (to think all started as a joke LoL)
  • @Luo Tian
    A karma technique for making money, why I am not surprised Lol. Meng Hao must be the richest guy in any given cultivation level.

Will we see the blood mask, mastiff dog, and the guys sealed inside the mask ever again ? They no longer seem to be of any importance given how weak they all are :/
  • edited February 2016
    @Anti
    the  mastiff got stronger in time he's always 2-3 levels below meng hao cultivation, the blood mask when to the forgotten "trash" the patriarch inside with it you will probably find it somewhere in that hill of magic treasures and money in his chu bag :D 

• @Anti ;
    The Ressurection Lily loved this dude in the past. He like the color blue or something, so she wanted to turn blue using Meng Hao. The reason why she helped Meng Hao was because of Xu Qing because the roc prt of her is sort of separate from her.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • edited February 2016
    Meng Hao did put Chu Yuyan in his bag of holding once before (while fleeing from heavenly tribulation after the whole immortal tournament thingy) and it was mentioned then that he could do it albeit for a very short amount of time, so that's that I suppose?
  • The Cosmos Sack is not a regular bag of holding.
  • He can put people in blood mask 
  • so, after Ji Nineteen, is there another ji clan who come after MH ?
  • When will the blood mastiff fully wake up??
  • enix19955 said:
    When will the blood mastiff fully wake up??
    Ch 537
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • When will meng hao make the ninth demon sealing hex??
  • enix19955 said:
    When will meng hao make the ninth demon sealing hex??
    A thousand chaps later
  • berkgod
    flash news Meng hao and luo tian fight just finished and of course the MC won the fight and then tried to untie the curse which took 100 million years... dozens of eras took place in these years 9 mountains and seas decayed all and got destroyed a civil war was the cause only the 9th mountain was left floating in space like some ruins a lot of half uniques appeared in those years but then went to the "true Universe" after meng hao woke up from his meditation  he got all the memories of Luo Tian and guess what ! DUN DUN DUN 
    Turn out Luo Tian was only an Incarnation of some powerful dude a "true Immortal" who gained freedom and become a separate entity that is Luo Tian and there is another boundary after Unique called Ancestor and i'm sure there is another bunch of boundaries after.... Well it seems ISSTH Just Got another 1000 or 2000 chapters before we get to see the last boss ? xD 
  • @Luo Tian
    What about Xu Qing ?
    Yes, that's all I care about o:
  • Anti said:
    @Luo Tian
    What about Xu Qing ?
    Yes, that's all I care about o:
    she was asleep in a Frost coffin. but in the last chapter 1610 MH waked her up