How can i hide this new panel to the right >>>>

It's too big, it makes browsing forum (and reading anything) extremly annoying ~~ T.T Yn5an3 what are you doooing! Please add an option to hide this whole thing, or add it to the top panel instead, not to the main panel! :D
If you'd like more chapters of ISSI or Tales send me a note on patreon!

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Agreed, it takes away from the reader experience. I would rather fave more icons at the top. Consider putting new icons at the top while putting popular tags in the bottom, maybe in the footer.
  • edited November 2015
    Could the side bar at least be optional when editing a post? I don't see any reason why it needs to there. It has become really inconvenient to edit the threads that I been happily maintaining for weeks with the minized workspace. I feel like a giant in a small world. Please help the big people. :)
  • What thing to the right? I haven't seen anything new lately
  • Xenaca said:

What thing to the right? I haven't seen anything new lately

Might be adblock?
  • edited November 2015
    oh shoot. now that it's up I can't get rid of it?  gah I need to find out how to get rid of it again. its horrible

*edit
    Well i can get rid of it now, but the page won't go back to its normal size
  • Nah,probably your catche just caught up, it shouldn't have anything to do with the ad-block, sadly. We could get tid of it ourselfves, if it would be so, sigh. ~~
  • I get it, I get it. I don't know if it should just disappear, or have the option to hide.

But guys, give me some time to answer. I can not visit the forums from the office xD

I'll try to add something to disable it, and repair the things that were broken with the last changes. Specially the styles :/
    During the next week I'll promise the problem will be solved. Just bear with it for a bit. 

In the end it seems Ren was right and the bar was more of a hindrance than anything.
  • edited November 2015
    Being able to browse the discussions you replied at is nice, though ^.^ Would be nice to have it at the top panel, which has space for new buttons :D

Thank you for the reply!
  • It wouldn't work. The bar changes with the context. If you are in your user page it shows signatures and activity, for example. If you are in the discussions page, it shows the tag cloud, etc. It would be really difficult, if not impossible to have it at the top panel.
  • edited November 2015
    Um, then maybe 'cut' the main panel in two not vertically, but horizontally? Move this pannel to the bottomn of the main page panel instead of the right? Would it let us maintain the previous size (width) of the main panel?
  • @Yn5an3 I think it would be nice to either have an button at right side of the page, that moves down with page rolling (fixed value) that allows user to switch between the old look and the current one (quite fast one to implent).

Or just create button that hides/shows small popup window, similar to the one at main site "follow by email" button creates.

Well I'm gonna go back to wait for CoD that comes out in couple hours~
  • edited November 2015
    I'll try to go with a button to change themes. But I need to separate all of the less files properly, and it needs some time :/
    Or I could just use the current one and the previous one, with a simple copy/paste... 

Well, it's going to take a bit of work to fix all the stuff. The theme relies on bootswatch, and it seems some changes were done that will have to be corrected on all the stupid templates. My free time over the past week amounted to 1 hour per day, so I'm going to have to delay until the next week anyways. 

Thanks for the suggestions :)

• Awesome thx ;)
  • Yaaa, please do it asap, it pains me to see how my story looks in the thread with this formatting... T.T
  • Hahahahahaha.

Told you it looks like crap, Yn5an3 :P :P :P
  • @Caladbolg, the formatting issue you mention has nothing to do with the panel itself. Most likely it's caused by the changes in the CSS. Can you take a screenshot to show me the problem?

• edited November 2015
    Uuu, i am pretty sure it just looks different now since the width of the panel shrunk with this new addition, though? I just called it 'formating' out of laziness ~~
  • That's just impossible. What the panel does, is to take ~1/4 of the space for itself, nothing else. Every user that had a screen resolution other than yours saw it differently then. And every user that had ~0.75 times your screen resolution saw the current formatting (prior to the change, without the panel). Considering that there are a ton of different resolutions with different aspect rations, then...

Well, I'll keep my word and add a button to remove it anyways. But I'd check your thread resizing the browser window to see what happens. 

• Are you telling me that most people actually saw the resolution for the novels that looked like RR (royal road) with it's width, just sliiiightly more wide? o.O Then isn't that terrible? It must have looked quite bad for all those people... Since i can tell how bad it looks now for me (subjectively, i think it's much worse comapred to wider version on my screen), when everything got 'thinner'... I don't think there is a need for screenshot... But if you want it, then i can send you one~~
  • No, I'm only saying that the resolution is not fixed. I don't know what's your resolution, nor the resolution of the people that read the forum. 

I was trying to explain what happened when the size of the screen changed, and that the panel itself only multiplies the usable area x0.75. So depending on the screen size of the users, some of them will see the thread badly formatted, even without the bar. 

• edited November 2015
    Mm, then that's an interesting case. It there a way for me to fix it from my side, as to not have the new panel influencing the previous size of the 'text' part of forums? Or only someone with the access to the code can fix it? Since the panel itself being there on the right is not much of a problem for me, rather the fact that it made the forums thinner -.-
  • No, you can not fix it. You can work arround it while the button to switch styles is not implemented. 

I've never used the plugin, but the rules you need to add are: 

.page-content {
    width: 100% !important;
    }

.page-sidebar {
      display: none !important;
    }

That's all I can do for you at the moment.

• Hehe, i won't try to poke around my codes since you are working on the 'hide the panel' button or something, like you said, or choosing between old/new panel with a button, like you said somewhere above ^.^  (not to mention i am completely green with such a things, so i don't want to need to reinstall everything after i screw something up, hah xD)
  • I feel better about life now. Good bye Mr. Sidebar.

Thanks for the code. Using  stylish (Firefox) add-on, it was easy and intuitive process, 10 secs tops.

P.S Thanks all your hard work. :)
  • Caladbolg said:

Hehe, i won't try to poke around my codes since you are working on the 'hide the panel' button or something, like you said, or choosing between old/new panel with a button, like you said somewhere above ^.^  (not to mention i am completely green with such a things, so i don't want to need to reinstall everything after i screw something up, hah xD)

Here you go. I made this one button click if you're using firefox. There's is no need to code a thing. Click Here
  • Sorry for the lack of updates on this. I didn't forget, it was just that the amount of work to attend was staggering.

I'll try to add a button to hide the panel this Saturday/Sunday. 
  • edited November 2015
    No hurry. I liked the previous view i had better, but i more or less got used to this one, too. Heh. Thanks for your work!
  • edited November 2015
    I've made the panel to dissapear on discussion pages to increase the availiable space. Is that ok, or do you want it removed everywhere?

There are some CSS issues arround, I'll try to solve those later today, if possible. 

• Hmm, I'm pretty sure it's wider now than it was before the change in those threads. I remember well how long my posts were when scrolling down in the past, hehe... xD (sorry for complaining, might be my imagination if i got too used to the slimmer version during the recent 2-3 weeks :P ) As for removing it everywhere - there is no need, we are only reading big blocks of text inside the specfic threads, after all ^.^

Thanks for your work, you are the greatest! ^.^
  • xD The amount of space assigned to the main content is exactly the same as before. Or should, be at least. 

And no need to thank me. :)
    See you arround!