Why ATG went so dramatic way?

Why ATG went so dramatic way? Why doing this? Killing his entire homeworld? Killing his wives? What the point going so dark and dramatic?

Comments

• Author wants it that way. Who knows what the goal is with that? 

The prophecy says there will be a calamity that will befall the entire god realm. And that's probably going to be Yun Che. But I doubt that's going to happen.
  • Because the author needed a cheap way to make YC go grimdark. 
  • This novel is a copy paste of shura's wrath.
  • edited January 8
    Killing his entire homeworld? Killing his wives? 
    I had stopped reading a while ago, could someone give me a short summary of what happened ?
    Free Your Mind
  • Yea I dropped it after he went to the Divine/God Realm and joined the Ice Phoenix Sect.

I tried staying with it but couldn't anymore after he goes to his sect brothers kingdom and that stupid arc with the scheme and that princess.

But mostly couldn't deal with such a retarded MC. I've never seen a stupider one but the author insists upon calling him smart every time. If it wasn't for plot armor this guy should be dead.

Did this story get any better? Or is the the author still pulling bullshit every arc so everyone goes "Ohhhhhh" "Ahhhhhh" "Amazing" at the MC for chapters without end?
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • edited January 12
    Yea I dropped it after he went to the Divine/God Realm and joined the Ice Phoenix Sect.

I tried staying with it but couldn't anymore after he goes to his sect brothers kingdom and that stupid arc with the scheme and that princess.

But mostly couldn't deal with such a retarded MC. I've never seen a stupider one but the author insists upon calling him smart every time. If it wasn't for plot armor this guy should be dead.

Did this story get any better? Or is the the author still pulling bullshit every arc so everyone goes "Ohhhhhh" "Ahhhhhh" "Amazing" at the MC for chapters without end?
    I got into arguments on the main site with people who kept on insisting YC was smart. After a while their arguments changed to, what he did was stupid, but his actions were noble. LOL. The sad thing is YC was a smart cookie at the start, and then Mars changed him into a retard because it was easier to advance the plot this way.
  • edited January 12
    Killing his entire homeworld? Killing his wives? 
    I had stopped reading a while ago, could someone give me a short summary of what happened ?

After winning the competition in the god realm he attended the wedding in the moon kingdom. It turns out the bride is XQ who teleports him out for...plot reasons. BB follows and tortures YC, before Jasmine, Cai Zhi, and MXY attack and force BB to withdraw.

YC seeks help from Shen Xi, the dragon queen who manages to remove the curse, dual cultivates with him and helps him improve light magic. 

Due to plot device YC finds out that Jasmine is being sacrificed for a grand ritual in the Star realm. Shen Xi stops him going, but than YC becomes a petulant child and tells her he will never forgive her (you know, despite having intercourse with her, removing his curse, teaching him etc) showing what an ungrateful shit he has become, because Mars needed the plot to advance his way.

YC goes to Star realm, and fan boys in the comments salivate at the thought YC will kick arse despite the established cultivation levels, which should indicate YC gets smacked. Which he does. He gets killed. Jasmine still manages to escape with the use of that magic infant wheel which she found on 
    Blue Polar Star which Mars established long ago. So she most probably didn't need YC to do shit.

YC wakes up powerless but just conveniently near the place little Fairy has been hiding. So Mars reunites YC with a fan favourite in the most retarded way possible. YC finds out he has a daughter who has inherited the evil gods profound veins.

So YC chills out and we are treated to wasted chapters of powerless YC. Until some divine realm people visit and YC needs to repower up, so his daughter sacrifices her evil god powers to power him up. This makes it so that she won't achieve such great heights in future cultivation. YC beats up these divine realm people, and makes his way back to the divine realm to confront the threat the Ice phoenix told him about ages ago.

Now a better author will have YC actually learn a lesson, resolve some karmic debts, gain some insight into cultivation etc while he is powerless, but YC literally learns nothing. Not even the obvious lesson of MORE POWER is required to protect his love ones as we shall sadly see. During the time YC was chilling on BPS, XQ had levelled up and become some Zhuge Liang like figure in terms of intrigues. She manages to use blackmail and allow YC to enslave BB.

Later on in the god realm, YC bargains with the threat that enters from outside the universe. This dark empress from outside used to be the Evil God's old flame, so she takes a shine to YC, and he convinces her to leave and stop all her brethren coming back.

YC also convinces the god realm not to persecute Jasmine (who is now possessed by the darkness profound energy of the infant wheel). Of course the god realm never mentions this deal publicly. When the demon empress leaves and tries to destroy the gateway leading the god realm, it turns out to be resistant. So Jasmine adds her power to it. However Zhou Xuzi the ruler of Eternal heaven realm breaks his promise and sneaks attacks Jasmine throwing her into the portal as it closes.

YC loses his shit (and accidentally reveals he has the darkness profound power), and fails to learn the lesson that he is outclassed, especially since Zhou Xuzi was going to let YC go. So instead of biting your tongue, levelling up and coming back to attack, he does it on the spot. And gets outclassed again.  You see despite being killed attacking the Star god realm, he figures he could take on all other realms at the same time. He promptly gets smacked and XQ who has undergone a personality change moves to execute him (since he is now revealed to be a practitioner of the dark profound energy). He is saved by BB who uses a void stone and teleports him out. During the process the slave seal on BB is broken due to the Brahma realm using a magical artefact. To lure him out, the god realm plans to target his homeworld.

YC wakes up in Glazed right realm, where they beg him to flee to north region which is filled with darkness profound energy and where the others cannot follow. Being a dumb shit, YC insists he will go back and try and save his family, because you know, despite being outmatched one chapter ago (outmatched by one person I may add), he will somehow succeed this time. Again he repeats the scene with Shen Xi, but this time with the Lord of the Glazed realm fighting to get free and failing against the stronger cultivator who is restraining him for his own good .But don't worry, in YC mind despite coming up against several similar powerful cultivators he will somehow pull it off. In the end they let him go and he promptly.... gets captured by a servant of XQ. Yes, he is that outclassed but he was so deluded to think it will somehow turn right.

XQ moves to execute him again thus we waste 2 chapters repeating the same scene from last time, but this time XQ apparently destroys Blue Polar Star in front of YC. MX intervenes shortly after and does pretty well initially. She throws YC another void stone to escape, but being the narcissistic dick YC is, he has to be the hero and gives the stone back to MX. At this point I am metaphorically screaming "she has fucking stealth mode, how do you think she got so close to save you, you stupid shit." If YC took the stone, MX could potentially go into stealth and escape. But no, he throws it back to her, who then throws it back to him and she takes a hit. Finally he teleports away with the void stone, but not before MX apparently dies. Although its hinted she will be reborn.

YC finally, finally realises he needs to be protect his own life. After paying his respects to MX and being berated for throwing his life recklessly away by MB (the second time Mars has a character tell YC off for his stupidity, so its not like the author doesn't see it, but he chooses to have YC act like a retard), YC flees to the northern realm.

While in the northern realm, he encounters BB who has been disowned by the Brahma realm, and has her cultivation weakened, YC dual cultivates with her, meets some northern realm people and levels up to get his revenge. Currently he has encountered the son of Zhou Xuzi in the absolute beginning realm and transformed him into a person filled with dark energy, he also briefly met Caizhi here.

Remember when I said YC learnt his lesson. It turns Mars just stated that, because YC again takes ridiculous risks and only succeeds because Mars cuts him a break. He actually requires BB to act as an adviser to him. Good grief, the fall in intelligence from a character who started off being smart.

So there you have it. YC is levelling up, planning his revenge. With BB added to the harem. Oh yeah, he kind of rapes her, and she can't do shit, since he used darkness profound power to help her partially regain her cultivation, and since his mastery of darkness profound energy is better, he could affect her cultivation and its implied he will eventually be able to compel those who use darkness profound energy against their will.

• CFTCFT
    edited January 14
    When it's summarised like this, you can really appreciate what a f*cking idiot he is.
  • WW is now only 4 chapters away from the raws. And that's for those who aren't paying for advance chapters. At the rate Mars is writing, I may as well read the WW version than the raws. Now that Mars has finally "broken" Yun Che and got him to go grimdark, I was hoping we can actually advance the plot, but this is slow going.
  • edited February 3
    his daughter sacrifices her evil god powers to power him up

Just wondering... How stupid do you need to be, to allow your daughter to sacrifice her future for you...??

Free Your Mind