Looking for a smart MC, with character development.

Like in warlock of the magus world, wizard world ,or city of sin.
They were fantastic novels, with interesting choices and the MC's had to struggle to get where they got, not some " i found the motherlode of BS and i can't be touched" like in BD's new novel, sage monarch, i read 100ch until i had to give it up, the mc literally finds everything, he does not make hard choices, he's not a hard worker and his character did not evolve in 100ch, it's all LUCK and plot armor, coiling dragon was the same. ATG has some hard  BS luck elements but the world construction and characters are interesting and pleasant to read about.

Er Gen's novels are all excellent, but i do prefer the more cold and calculated characters from WMW, WW and CoS.

Comments

• Reverend Insanity has a smart, cruel and calculating mc. The story is good too.
  • mm38910 said:
    Reverend Insanity has a smart, cruel and calculating mc. The story is good too.
    I started reading it. It's great! Thanks!
  • Monarch of Evernight and Archfiend. One is the same author as CoS I think. Pretty sure it’s MOE.
  • Tales of gods and demons by mad snail 

the mc is smart and funny 
  • Emperor's Domination, even though it doesn't have the "Hard Working" aspect, it most certainly have character development, a smart MC, etc. Even though the idea of the MC being really op may be a bit of a turnoff, if you want more of story and development, that is a good book to read (slow at first so beware if it seems tiring at the beginning)
  • dragomon2 said:
    Emperor's Domination, even though it doesn't have the "Hard Working" aspect, it most certainly have character development, a smart MC, etc. Even though the idea of the MC being really op may be a bit of a turnoff, if you want more of story and development, that is a good book to read (slow at first so beware if it seems tiring at the beginning)
    The way i see it the story starts with he's character fully developed, the way he acts and interacts with others has not changed at all. And all the hard work(most of it anyway) and character development has already happened. He basically is OP know it all, and has all the trump cards wherever he goes.

• Loll li Qiu never change in Emperor's Domination. he was arrogant in the begin and still after 3000 chapters. No matter where he goes there seems to be nothing that can do anything to him and he always knows everything. But honestly speaking I like it but it's a trashy novel. it's basically a rerun after every major arc. the cycle is like this. New location---->bump into an idiot---->Put idiot down, but wait this idiot has a special identity---> until the idiot background catch up bump into beautiful woman----> make beautiful woman submit to you tell she feels it's an honor to be your maid----> background shows up while shock that the most beautiful woman they know of is submissive to there enemy--> destroy background and continue on for your main objective----> get your name known and fear all throughout the land once it reaches its peak and you complete your objective, abandon maid and go repeat cycle in new area.
  • still hooked:
    -invincible, hegemon body art, spirit realm, TGR, unr medicine god, library heaven p, release that witch, TDG, and other few good rating (4.3+ webn0v3l)

others im not sure to read more or not:
    -rev.insanity.. later become too broad, unfocus story..too much goo
    -emp.domination: yes.. become annoyingly boring cycle..
    - AST, become annoyingly boring night club

browse 4.3+ rating on webn0v3l, this should provide few good read, finished or ongoing novels.