Pop Up ads.

I use google chrome on an android tablet to read stories here. Recently there has been a freaking vile pop up ad that hijacks my browser and forcibly redirects to a site with one of those obnoxious pop up confirmation boxes and a loud ass voice screaming "Congratulations!". Is this really what you want to have representing your site and infringing on your users experience? The redirected site is "goodluckday .site". How freaking cool (read: sketchy) is that? They want to give me 1000 dollars!?!? 

edit: I have discovered [redacted] and all is well. Good luck with those pop up ads.

Comments

• edited May 2019
    MIght be your cookies, delete them and it works fine. Been using the site on mobile for about one and a half year now never had these problems. Sometimes the bad ads latch on to your browser or it could be just a bad part on WW.
  • Thanks for taking the time to respond. I hadn't thought about cookies being the culprit... I should be thanking that pop up ad maker, bc it pushed me to look for an alternative. Now I have the entirety of Warlock in Magus World saved to my kindle and I can read it all offline in my ereader instead of the slightly awkward web browser that only loads a chapter at a time. I think I've come out far in the lead in this exchange.
  • Malkeus said:
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. I hadn't thought about cookies being the culprit... I should be thanking that pop up ad maker, bc it pushed me to look for an alternative. Now I have the entirety of Warlock in Magus World saved to my kindle and I can read it all offline in my ereader instead of the slightly awkward web browser that only loads a chapter at a time. I think I've come out far in the lead in this exchange.
    Thanks for letting us know about this. We do our best to vet the ad providers we use, but unfortunately some redirects do slip through occasionally. As stated on our contact page, the best way to handle this is to send an email to [email protected] with the various details and URLs so our ad team can fix it.

While I can understand that these redirects are very annoying to deal with, I ask that you consider returning to reading on Wuxiaworld once this one has been removed. Advertising is one of our primary revenue streams, which motivates our translators to translate at the pace they do (many of them translate full-time!), and allows us to license these novels for English publication from the Chinese publishers, paying both them and the original authors for their work.