Latest chapter discussion

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Actually very enlightening chapter. Wonder if in future MX will give YC a pep talk about XQ and letting her shoulder it all because of his lack of ambition. Have an LDE moment voicing her disappointment in him...

YC worrying about his promise to LDE is concerning as it can be perceived as not having ambition while it could also be perceived as worry that his wives come looking for him which will add to his chaos. Curious as to what will spark his ambition or need to grow, despite his hate for BB which is only 'hate' currently as he feels like it is futile in his current situation(Lack of power and the Death Seal). He needs to find a way out of the forbidden area without dying from seal and then also find a way to power up on top of that.

XQ had the MGE inheritance waiting for her so she took that route becoming miss ruthless with a purpose not wanting to feel helpless anymore.
    Golden Crow  Best wingman 2016, 2017
  • edited January 2019

she is right to seek power but we all know she will fail to kill BB. Maybe she will succeed in hurting her badly forcing her to hide to heal. But XQ will be thrown out of the MGR throne and will have to flee because her situation is untenable for anyone (face BB outside and face MGR opposition inside - double war).

• XQ's reasoning is riddled with faults. It's incorrect to say YC lacks ambition, he simply dosn't have the ambition to be an overlord. Like MX thought to herself, once he has a reason to grow stronger, he will grow stronger at an extremely fast rate. The two of them are unaware that he had already became determined to reach the Divine Master level at least, so that he could walk sideways threw out the divine realm just as he could on Blue Pole Star so that he could help Jasmine. Regardless of BB placing the seal on him or knowing his secret, he's going to do whatever he can to get stronger. On top of that, cutting off relations with him isn't going to prevent him from seeking revenge if she dies, this is extremely naive thought.

It seems to me that this conversation between XQ and MX was Mars attempt to reduce some of the backlash that XQ's character has received because of the past few chapters. However all it did was make her seem even more retarded.
  • edited January 2019

"… “Go comfort Ling Er. She suffered too much of a blow, and only you can ‘save’ her.”

Shen Xi took a step forward, and the celestial figure slowly faded and disappeared like a faint mist.

Her words caused Yun Che to be stunned for a moment … Save?

Why did she say “save”?

Dual Cultivation maybe???

But it'll seem awkward since he'll take her as his disciple.

• edited January 2019
    Give her a reason to go on, Shen Xi suspects I guess He Ling will explode her Wood Spirit Orb. If I had to guess YC is going to offer to be partner in crime making her aware of the Brahma Realm being responsible for what happened to her parents and people. Give her a reason to live diverting her despair to hatred rather so she will seek BB's destruction. Possibly taking her as his disciple in her brothers stead as well though I have no idea how that is going to work out.

Back in Volume 9 Mars gave some insight into her character as one of the god realm characters and referred to her heart being driven by hate and revenge. Also mentioned worshiping YC as her master.

Edit - Found the translation someone did a while back.
    He Ling:
    Age 19
    Last member of the Wood Spirit Clan's Royal Family, after being saved by Yun Che she steels her heart and decides to ask him to be her Master.
    Disposition: Frail and delicate on the outside, however, when it comes to taking revenge, she'll spare no effort and use all kinds of methods.

Mentions saving her as well in that spoiler... Makes me wonder, I have a suspicion now regarding what could happen ... Makes mention of darkness in previous chapter referring to He Ling. "And what was even more terrifying was her emerald green eyes … It was actually covered by a heavy layer of darkness." Is the despair causing her to begin to fall into darkness profound energy? After all negative emotions as we know feed his devil orb and are the cause of many falling into using 'devil strength'. YC is immune as we know and could save her taking her darkness into himself, letting He Lin's orb replace He Ling''s as it becomes corrupted by darkness? The Spoilers also never mentioned the Wood Spirit bead as something YC has. I am guessing the 200% darkness will come from saving He Ling in this manner.

Thoughts?
  • LazyArata said:

"… “Go comfort Ling Er. She suffered too much of a blow, and only you can ‘save’ her.”

Shen Xi took a step forward, and the celestial figure slowly faded and disappeared like a faint mist.

Her words caused Yun Che to be stunned for a moment … Save?

Why did she say “save”?

Dual Cultivation maybe???

But it'll seem awkward since he'll take her as his disciple.

now YC is half a wood spirits as he carry a royal blood beads
    and he ling is also the last a wood spirit.

to rebuilt naturally it also can create a royal blood wood spirits offspring.
    in chinese novel is often master fuck disciples. Its a common thing
  • edited January 2019
    XQ's reasoning is riddled with faults. It's incorrect to say YC lacks ambition, he simply dosn't have the ambition to be an overlord. Like MX thought to herself, once he has a reason to grow stronger, he will grow stronger at an extremely fast rate. The two of them are unaware that he had already became determined to reach the Divine Master level at least, so that he could walk sideways threw out the divine realm just as he could on Blue Pole Star so that he could help Jasmine. Regardless of BB placing the seal on him or knowing his secret, he's going to do whatever he can to get stronger. On top of that, cutting off relations with him isn't going to prevent him from seeking revenge if she dies, this is extremely naive thought.

It seems to me that this conversation between XQ and MX was Mars attempt to reduce some of the backlash that XQ's character has received because of the past few chapters. However all it did was make her seem even more retarded.
    It's not incorrect at all, not only was it acknowledged by those close to YC but many fans weren't thrilled with YC's lackluster lazy ass attitude coming into RotG where he only really started getting to work when he needed to see Jasmine in a set time frame (and even getting to the tournament he was lackluster about the whole thing til she said he had to get 1st place). If you have ambition, you don't 'need' a special reason to motivate you every time, those people simply wish to become stronger for their own reasons or simply to learn more about the divine dao and unlock its mysteries.

Yes, YC is extremely talented and progresses very quickly when he puts forth the effort and has the motivation but that doesn't mean he has ambition, it often feels like the plot needs to hold his hand to keep him motivated so for this one, and only one thing I can agree with XQ feeling the need to be the responsible one since YC has shown a lack of it in this regard.

Case in point, even if he needed a reason, he was already given the biggest one yet when IP specifically told him the threat that's coming will essentially wipe out this universe and he's the only chance to stop it if he's at True God level and with help of the other powerhouses, but even then it's just a chance and not guaranteed; and it went in one ear and out the other for him as he ignored it and the fact all his loved ones would die to the threat as he sat there thinking he could go back to lala land/not his problem.

edit: also even for your divine master argument, while true they don't know, even then Jasmine had to twist his arm until he saw the truth of her words and the lurking danger as he'd underestimated it. Without that talk? He'd have simply gone on and not cared about reaching Divine Master anytime soon if ever. That said I agree about her cutting off relations being retarded though, I guess the bright side is she'll finally get powerful? If she finally gets it out of her system perhaps then she can finally grow some personality/time to start her own family and stop throwing YC aside. 
  • edited January 2019
    Yun Che had ambitions throughout the novel but the thing is it's always temporary. The word "Ambition" got two similar meanings. One is "a strong desire to do or achieve something." and other is "desire and determination to achieve success." 

I don't know whether the translation of "Ambition" word is accurate or not
  • edited January 2019
    Ok just had another crazy theory crafting session with the voice in my head ... playing off the one I mentioned above. YC has a serious issue in needing to increase his cultivation speed currently. and referring back to previous chapters he spoke of his devil orb only being able to create darkness energy. What if the half corrupted Royal Wood Spirit Orb which can no longer be corrupted being part of YC's body (and it restores possibly or behaves itself) gained him the ability to benefit off his devil orb with profound doa.  Imagine that it is able to convert / change the darkness energy to another kind. In essence giving him something similar to a NPEB's small world with the bead and the Devil orb? Making sense of the 200% darkness as it meant he can now convert to another?

Wonder if like with NPEB he would also gain him an increase cultivation speed because of it and would it benefit those he does snu snu with?
  • Ambition dosn't mean to grow stronger. YC dosn't lack ambition, his ambition since his rebirth is to simply live happy and indulge in beauties, which he tries to do, until something happens that forces him to spend time growing stronger.

Thus, XQ saying he lacks ambition is incorrect, he has ambition, it's just simple.
  • edited January 2019
    Ambition dosn't mean to grow stronger. YC dosn't lack ambition, his ambition since his rebirth is to simply live happy and indulge in beauties, which he tries to do, until something happens that forces him to spend time growing stronger.

Thus, XQ saying he lacks ambition is incorrect, he has ambition, it's just simple.
    too simple for me.
    he need to have a great ambition if he wante to be with his family in peace and happiness. jasmine says the same thing to him, he need to become strong enough to not be controlled by anymore, to make theem fear him. but this stupid che don't understand it even now he don't truly understand. he will need a more greater shock to change (like jasmine, XQ, CZ, MX and MB all them disappear or are in a bad situation).
  • @ExaltedSoul Very true it doesn't have to mean getting stronger, though when one talks of someone having ambition in modern world they usually refer so someone who is going places and working hard to get work promotions and go up the corporate ladder etc. In a combat world like ATG since it's not modern day offices and such, people with ambition would normally be those striving to become stronger and those not doing so would be lacking ambition. Plus I'm not sure I'd qualify the family thing as an 'ambition' at all though I'm unsure of the right word. Either way neither of them said he doesn't have 'any' ambition but that he seriously lacks it, which is 100% accurate, especially as he started out wanting to become strong to protect said family then got lazy after becoming top dog on BPS. He has all this potential yet it often goes to waste until he gets motivated by something, he's too reactionary and needs to be more proactive if he wants to obtain his original 'simple ambition' or goal etc.
  • Originally he could have been with his family in peace, he was number 1 on BPS after all. However he wanted to "see" Jasmine again, which messed up his life and gave him a reason to grow stronger.

He currently understands his need for power, which is why he changed his mind about the Eternal Heaven Pearl. He just didn't get to enter it because XQ screwed it all up and instead got him in a super bad situation. In fact, a lot of the current situation isn't even really YC's fault. It's Jasmine, XQ, Cai Zhi, and MX who're to blame.

Jasmine - If she would have just met him instead of being an idiot, he wouldn't have had to make such a huge scene at the PGC. I find it hard to believe that the person who's suppose to be the best in the entire primal chaos at concealing themselves is unable to meet someone without anyone knowing. If she wouldn't have started freaking out when she first seen him, BB would never have linked them together.
    XQ - It should be pretty clear how much crap she f'ed up.
    Cai Zhi - Had she told Jasmine that she met YC in the Darkya Realm, and that he was the Snow Song Realm Kings disciple, then Jasmine could have went and seen him before the PGC even started.
    MX - If she didn't tell him to enter the preliminaries for the experience, he would have just went to the spectator stands.
  • here is how I see the following:

XQ will become MGE but will have to fight with the opposition inside MGR. the crown prince will propose to XQ to become his wife and so there will be no opposition, she will refuse. She will start her war with BB who will touch almost all the other Royal realms. The emperors will all be in seclusion for treatment. She will not succeed in killing BB, but may be seriously injuring her, forcing her to hide the time to heal. She will send her admirers against XQ and MGR. XQ will not stay in power like MGE very long, 3 years max.

She will have to flee because the opposition within MGR has become more powerful with the help of BGR and BB's admirers. She will flee to EHR where she will meet EHR's founding Ancestor who will become her master and teach her a lot about HSGG especially about the consequences that this brings into the life of the one who has it and will make her the new mistress of the pearl (she may be able to recharge it with her 9PEB).
    So before the end of the 3 years of training in the pearl, she will meet the founder of EHR and become his disciple.

After SM and the others get out of the pearl, YC arrives in the EGR and finds out what happened to Jasmine, CZ, XQ's war against BB and his disappearance, the destruction at SSR and maybe even the disappearance of MX and MB. he will become completely crazy and try to destroy SGRK or others royal realms but he will be too weak. He uses his darkness power and all the cultivators present try to kill him. He activates the Illusion Void Stone and disappears.

XQ will learn that he left WGR and returned to EGR. she will also learn that he has used darkness power and is considered as a devil cultivator.

she will take yuanba, LDE and XF and will train them in the pearl because they are too weak or hide her aura and returned to BPS with the pearl to make them more powerful.

Meanwhile, YC reappears to NGR and blames himself for everything and decides to become stronger and come back to take revenge on all the people and realms who participated in the removal of the people he loves. There will be the birth of DEVIL GOD YC.

I did not mention XQ's mother because I think she will eventually be send to SSR (even though she told MX that SSR and she would not be touched in her war with BB) or she will be captured and used for XQ to surrender.

• edited January 2019
    Hope you're all wrong Momzo, that story sounds mediocre with the continuation of weak che - especially the part about him using darkness and still failing. Also glad you're not writing the novel lol.
  • edited January 2019
    That's very unlikely to happen based off of the spoilers Mars has given.
    XQ will have firm control over the MGR based on the spoilers, although there is opposition, she defeats the opposition by being very ruthless.
    XQ's mother is apparently going to commit suicide after the MGE dies. Which will intensify the conflict between XQ and Jasmine.
    YC is also suppose to destroy the entire eastern divine region in the future.

Not to mention the EHR's founding ancestor should be dead. Humans beneath the true god realm do not have lifespans that long. The Eternal Heaven Realm has been a king realm for something like 700,000 years. Of course, Mars could make her still be alive threw some bs.

• Fair enough, here's my last thoughts on the subject. Say he stayed number 1 at BPS, then he already had his 'ambition' fulfilled so it was no longer an ambition, that's like saying your ambition is to live every day. Regarding the other bit I hear ya, my thoughts on it are that rather than them, it's MoS fudging with things to ensure YC gets into rough situations that require him to become much stronger (usually I'd say plot armor but in this case MoS actually does this lol). We've already seen that at least some of the treasures are sentient, and based on what MoS does and how observant it'd have to be to do so correctly, I'd guess it's likely the most intelligent treasure, and surely it can also sense the incoming danger and wants its owner to be ready. @Momzo some of it I could see, I don't know about the part where YC fails hardcore though since Mars pretty much said YC would cause a huge upheaval when he came out and he also said he'd pretty much wreck EGR (just not sure if both coincide at same time or as you said he'll have to pull back 1st, but given who he's training with I think he'll do quite a bit of damage 1st either way, especially depending on the situation he finds).
  • edited January 2019
    Yeah, ambitions are not something that last forever, if they last forever then it means you failed. YC originally completed his goals on BPS, thus fulfilling his ambition. However, seeing Jasmine again became a new ambition. Once again he accomplished this goal as well, bringing an end to this ambition. Then Jasmine gave him a new one once more, convincing him to enter the pearl. Which XQ f'ed up. XQ literally ruined his plan that he had to get stronger then turns around and acts like the guy dosn't want to get stronger...........if this dosn't make you want to smack a fictional character, I don't know what will.

The big problem isn't that YC lacks ambition, or is lazy, it's that ever since coming to the Divine Realm, Mars crapped all over his character. The moment he got on his knees and started apologizing to MX at the lake in the snow song realm was the moment YC died and Weak Che was born.

• chips said:
    Hope you're all wrong Momzo, that story sounds mediocre with the continuation of weak che - especially the part about him using darkness and still failing. Also glad you're not writing the novel lol.
    it hurts bro ... :'( :D this is not how i want the story to be but how i see the following events with the infos that we currently have.

to tell the truth, I want YC to explore WGR, SGR and NGR collect the blue dragon legacies and ice qilin create unique techniques with the fusion of water legacies. Do the same with fire beast legacies, stop it's bs "I want power, only to protect my family and my women".
    he still needs someone powerful to attack his family to want more power. As soon as he beats the people who attacked his family, after nothing. he stops wanting more power, it's suicide.

In addition to all the old Gods he met, they said to him, that a huge calamity will fall on them and he is the only hope but that does not matter to him. YC is a passive MC :( , that's where his main problem comes from. He is weak because he does not care about power.

Even with the events of these last 30 chapters, he has not yet understood that all that happens is because he is too weak and he "dies" too often. With Chapter 1307 and 1308, he thinks of nothing other than what XQ will do (she will do what she thinks she need to do) and how to return to BPS instead of thinking about how to gain more power quickly. But nothing, he is waiting for his treatment like a nice little boy and do not think how to solve all his problems and save his women in RoG.

Fortunately, SX seems to me to be someone more calm and thoughtful. She will make him understand that the real reason for everything that happens to him is his own weakness and his way of thinking.

I must admit that MArs really surprise everyone with the characters of YC. He did not change it, he just showed more of these flaws in the second part of the story. Now he will reshape YC to make him a Real Emperor before the Evil beyond come back.

• edited January 2019
    New Chapter Out

Sometimes the single chapter release is painful. I want mooooooore.

I want Bad things to happen to Brahma Bi**h but i'm afraid that nothing would happen to her. Only XQ(not Jasmine) would be able to challenge her and thats only for a short run (acc. to earlier WeChat spoilers). 
  • Oh well guess I was wrong with crazy theory seemingly. (Oh well)
  • edited January 2019
    That was not a very good pep talk...
    Shen Xi has been a pretty boring character so far. This Samsara Forbidden Land needs some action already, instead of all this depression.
  • edited January 2019

Yun Che pondered for a long time, and just when she was about to say something more, He Ling suddenly spoke out softly … With a very calm and indifferent tone, she said three words that Yun Che had definitely not expected to say:

“I want revenge.”

"But, she is He Ling … She is a wood spirits! The wood spirits carried the pure energy of life and was extremely intimate with nature. Their bodies, souls, and soul were all extremely pure and extremely repelled all evil, even more so so so as not to be tainted with blood and slaughter.

Even if it were an ordinary plant, they would not want to break it.

She was the most impossible being in the world, and it could even be said that she was the one creature that should least have been born with the word ‘revenge’ in his heart!

Back then, when He Lin knelt before him and begged to acknowledge him as his teacher, all he wanted was to “protect his clansmen” and “find his elder sister.” He had absolutely no thoughts of revenge.

However, He Ling had clearly said “I want revenge” and she had said it calmly."

This seems like a forceful turn of events. It justifies somewhat but come on she is of Wood Spirit Race

• edited January 2019
    Shen Xi's motives here are of interest to me. Shen Xi is meant to have 0 interest in the outside world, she has an interest in the wood spirits due to their relation to Li Sou. She is widely known as being a treasure of the entire god realm with her pure temperament along being a Light Energy user. A literal saint. Then we look at the Wood Spirits who are pure, gentle and seemingly incapable of negative emotions with how they were described, possibly the one race that can be regarded as inherently 'good'. (It is how we the readers and YC perceives them.)

Why on earth would Shen Xi want to push something/someone like the last Royal wood spirit in the direction she is now going to go crashing down. YC sees in He Ling the be comings of himself back in his second life when he drowned out by revenge and it cost him everything as it will He Ling. Recall YC died in the end being hunted like an animal and with his third life promised himself to becoming strong enough to protect his friends and family and not fall into revenge as he had costing him Su Ling'er before... How on earth is he meant to talk her out of revenge when he too fell head first into that trap and had to lose someone precious to him before he realized he made a mistake. She has no one left in her eyes to lose?

Maybe Mars will use this as a reminder why he did not go back to being Revenge driven to reaffirm his choice to become stronger to protect his family? So he needs to become stronger than DM people to protect his family ...Something else is afoot I think. A VERY old Wechat referred to He Ling as being critical to SPP regaining its poison, maybe its related?

Edit - Interesting thought. What if YC's situation with being more pensive and weary than normal along with his inability to go all out with revenge is related to the Darkness Seed suppressing such emotions? Being they fuel the Devil Orb and as such are seen as dark emotions which the darkness seed would nullify or ensure they don't consume him? He comments on wanting to do terrible things to BB but it seems forgotten now and not eating at him constantly as with He Ling currently? He completely forgot about his misery regarding LF and their Child after getting the darkness seed when before it caused the Devil Orb to go into overdrive?
  • edited January 2019
    I have been reading ATG for 5 years now and I am really disappointed of the last developments and especially how Mars has introduced those plots. I said it before and repeat it now, Mars changed the MC character a lot : from a real badass that made me fun of this novel to dumbass that makes me regret all the time I spent in reading all these BS. After 1310 chapters you « discover » that your MC hasn’t any ambition to become  stronger like any other MC !!!!! All this because of the multiple holes in the plot like :
    - choosing a FMC who is absent for more than 1000 chapters. 
    - this FMC is more dumbass than the MC. 
    - you present the the main protagonist as manipulative but you choose to seal let her seal the guy that he has nothing to give you instead of his wife that she has the 9BS and you can easily get all what you want from the dumb guy just by blackmailing him!!!!!!!
    and many many other examples that I won’t list them 

all of this to say that like many other old readers, I regret the time I have spent to read this BS novel because Mars will miss with the end of this novel like all his previous works.  It’s really bother me because it was a good CN with nice characters but now I think that the shit of Bee (MGA) becomes better than this dumb shit monologue (not even a standard novel). Honestly I understand now why Mars isn’t considered a first class web novel writer in China. This is the worst development I’ve ever read in my life. The only good thing in this novel is Hong’er character, but there are so many dumbasses around her. 

I think it’s Mars who needs ambition and not his dumbass MC. For me he is not better than a third or forth class author that he writes his best 700 chapters in his life and after that he ruined them and loses the chance of becoming a first/second class web novels author....... 
  • Each person has his own view point of this novel. Even though I didn't like this current plot overall I kinda understand it. I hope Mars doesn't change the story(the way he imagines) due to pressure from readers. It's just my opinion. Overall I'm looking forward to more chapters.
  • I have been reading ATG for 5 years now and I am really disappointed of the last developments and especially how Mars has introduced those plots. I said it before and repeat it now, Mars changed the MC character a lot : from a real badass that made me fun of this novel to dumbass that makes me regret all the time I spent in reading all these BS. After 1310 chapters you « discover » that your MC hasn’t any ambition to become  stronger like any other MC !!!!! All this because of the multiple holes in the plot like :
    - choosing a FMC who is absent for more than 1000 chapters. 
    - this FMC is more dumbass than the MC. 
    - you present the the main protagonist as manipulative but you choose to seal let her seal the guy that he has nothing to give you instead of his wife that she has the 9BS and you can easily get all what you want from the dumb guy just by blackmailing him!!!!!!!
    and many many other examples that I won’t list them 

all of this to say that like many other old readers, I regret the time I have spent to read this BS novel because Mars will miss with the end of this novel like all his previous works.  It’s really bother me because it was a good CN with nice characters but now I think that the shit of Bee (MGA) becomes better than this dumb shit monologue (not even a standard novel). Honestly I understand now why Mars isn’t considered a first class web novel writer in China. This is the worst development I’ve ever read in my life. The only good thing in this novel is Hong’er character, but there are so many dumbasses around her. 

I think it’s Mars who needs ambition and not his dumbass MC. For me he is not better than a third or forth class author that he writes his best 700 chapters in his life and after that he ruined them and loses the chance of becoming a first/second class web novels author....... 
    actually MARS is doing fine.
    The novel actually pretty good unlike other chinese novel which MC is OP like 24/ 7 . That kind of MC OP all the time in fact is pretty boring.
    MARS make MC sometimes strong sometimes weak is actually creative.

The only regret is the FMC appear sudden at the end. AND ALSO MARS IS RUSHING the novel. other than that it all ok
  • vincent17c said:
    MARS make MC sometimes strong sometimes weak is actually creative.

The only regret is the FMC appear sudden at the end. AND ALSO MARS IS RUSHING the novel. other than that it all ok
    Do you mean Mars make MC sometimes clever (standard MC) sometimes dumb (retarded MC) is something creative??

the introduction/choice of a FMC is something that Mars doesn’t master (in ATG or other novels). But here the problem is the character itself isn’t consistent : can you explain to me how MGRK is benefactor to her and WHY she does she call him “Foster father”???

Do you have any consideration to you real family??? Your mother left you for her “lover” and you are very happy with that?????

And this is the same with other characters: BB seal YC instead of XQ, YC very protective leaves his real benefactor (MX) like she was bitch (you fuck her when you need power), Jasmine  supposed to be very protective refuses to see YC secretly the first time and push him to show off all his secrets.........

And many other exemples, can you tell me how this BS is considered “good novel”. Mars developed a good structure until 1100/1200 then he starts to ruin everything since the stat of the conference. And this not the first time, in his other novels, the end is always rushed and badly done that it’s “kill” the good start. This is included in the author skills and I think that’s he can’t do better than this BS.

The only solution is to kill all his family and harem in PBS during this arc so that he makes a new start with a new badass MC. In any case they don’t have a role until the end of the story, So he can resurrect them when he will become a new creation (or more) god. Any other source of ambition would be inconsistent with the story like it was developed since the start of RotG arc. 
  • edited January 2019
    I have enjoyed ATG since the beginning. I have enjoyed it almost the whole way through. At times I have had things happens which I was not happy with. Prime example is Little Fairy scene after passing Dragon God trial. 
    Other times I was not happy with certain plot points or story situations cause by misunderstanding the Raws where MX came across as a domineering bitch. Prime example of this was my reaction to how MX treated YC and posts I made on this very forum. Yet re-reading those chapters later once they were translated I  came to appreciate them and now MX is one of my favorite female characters (Go Cang Yue!).

Many people complain about YC being a wuss and weak. Going at him for being lazy or unmotivated. Put yourselves in his shoes, he ONLY wanted to see Jasmine and return home. He is the realm king of BPS and the strongest by a large amount, he had no need to get stronger, the god realm looked down on lower realm as inferior and had no interest in anything from the lower realm as it was inferior and not worth their time. MX and MB knew this and assisted aware he would return home to BPS to remain the untouchable king of his home world. 
    Then when he gets motivated as he was to win PGC people moan again he is too weak when he is now the center of attention with 10000+ year old monsters all interested in him who are the PEAK of the current god realm. Same situation with MX where he was forced to bow the knee. Hell, think for a moment. You have someone who is all powerful to the point that you are less than an ant to them and you go about acting cocky and arrogant towards them what the hell do you think is going to happen? MX has a known short fuse and destroyed bloody planets in anger with MB's situation. It is survival of the strongest, YC was 26 years old when comparing him to someone 300 times his age and people moaned about him having to bow the knee and suck up his pride. It was a matter of survival. He got put in his place and again made MX who and what she is to him. Someone he respects GREATLY and feels an enormous debt towards. Someone who will possibly be a wife of his in future when he is her equal in strength.

Now consider YC's current state of mind, he knows he needs to get stronger but lost his ability to enter the pearl, he has that death print on him and cannot even cultivate currently because of it if I understand it correctly. He knows he needs at least 3000 years to reach DM level by normal cultivation - so how the hell is he meant to do anything for the next 50 years stuck as he is unable to do anything but wait. He go screwed over ROYALLY so to speak and he has no means YET to do anything about it. His wife left him and simply he feels powerless currently to do anything. Needless to say something is going to happen soon that will allow him to continue but also add to the number of crisis which YC will have to deal with.

So we all have things that irk us at times but overall I am still loving the novel. I think Mars is a cut above the rest and most of don't know what he is up to yet and all we can do is wait and read the chapters when they come along enjoying them when it all falls together again.
  • Like I totally did not see the "twist" coming, that the person who can help He Ling revenge against Brahma God realm is Yun Che. I wonder if Shen Xi will do what MX did and try and get YC to dual cultivate with someone to power him. In this case it would be He Ling. LOL.