Latest chapter discussion

Comments

• edited January 2019
    LazyArata said:
    I hope Yun Che's only way to get cured is by having s** with Xia Qingyue. Now that would be hilarious
    Well it will probably happen its mars afterall .
  • @LazyArata lol somehow I doubt 9PEB is the answer, though if you want to go the sexual healing route for comedy, then it'd be more hilarious if his new master senses just how special YC's body is and lies to XQ saying she herself needs to sleep with him as part of her healing process. Plus I'd be kinda annoyed if their first time ends up used for healing purposes while YC is barely cognizant, especially after all the hard work he's put in trying to woo her.

@Chips While I agree to an extent (and it's a shame authors can never seem to make it work correctly), something that truly pisses me off is the situation Mars did where YC has a child but was separated/never got to meet them and the child is basically just used as a plot device. 

How would any daughter or father feel after something like that? Yet Mars just shrugs and goes "this will be cool", though I bet if he couldn't see his own newborn son/daughter and wife for 9 years he'd probably think differently on this matter and would no longer use a shit plot device like that in the future as he'd be more understanding. I just never understood why authors ever thought this was a good plot to use. 

Looking forward to that long awaited reunion either way especially with CYC to see her reaction (hope she doesn't revert back to being cold and is warm towards YC), and while I imagine while his child will love and accept YC in time, there will likely be a lot of rough times ahead prior.
  • @atrueman90 Yes, you did read it wrongly, what it said/meant is that he was killed by Jasmine. Honestly with how it seems she killed MGRK and severely wounded the other 3 divine emperors of EGR, I'm wondering if it was spread throughout the volume or if it was all at once i.e. did she use the wheel? But my gut tells me it wasn't the wheel, also as for her dying or not we'll have to see what Star God's plot is with this ceremony and either way I don't see her staying dead long if she does die.
    There is death flag all over the place.
    How could she be so powerful that she would severely injure the 3 God Emperors and also kill Moon God Realm King without using Evil Infant wheel since she now couldn't even defeat Brahma Bi**h and even if she become powerfull why didnt she kill Brahma Bi**h
  • The real question is why this novel is titled "Against the Gods"

Why would Yun Che go against everyone in the God Realm and why only Shu Meiyin would stand beside Yun Che while everyone will be against him. How many main characters would die and how it would affect Yun Che
  • edited January 2019
    something that truly pisses me off is the situation Mars did where YC has a child but was separated/never got to meet them
    This alone makes the CYC subplot worthless. Their relationship was a couple months of the story? I find it funny that people stop in here just to ask "did he meet CYC again yet?"

There seems to be a lot of desire for this to be a story about a father raising a child (I don't get why you'd want this from ATG at all) - but the child would no longer be a child if she exists, and the mother was only known to the reader for a few chapters of the novel. I don't disagree that it's a horribly broken plot that he needs to resolve somehow. Obviously there are people who won't accept death as an answer, since he has done similar in Heavenly Star, but bringing her back now would just take time away from the story (filler) - hence my original point about children in these novels.
  • LazyArata said:
    The real question is why this novel is titled "Against the Gods"

Why would Yun Che go against everyone in the God Realm and why only Shu Meiyin would stand beside Yun Che while everyone will be against him. How many main characters would die and how it would affect Yun Che
    The novel's titled 'Heaven-Defying Evil God' which is probably a more accurate descriptor of it.

But honestly intercourse has been the greatest panacea when YC is in deep shit, wouldn't be surprised if mars employs it again but it's probably more likely for his new master to appear with the other half of Li Suo's legacy.
  • I doubt we will see intercourses in the next arc, but YC won’t be healed totally by SX, she will only help him to bear the seal and use it to improve his strength (GWotB and dragon legacy). The seal will probably be inverted once he get the light seed (the next arc because he will visit BPS), and he will use it to make BB his puppet before she becomes his sex slave ....... 
  • damn Jasmine really go at it huh, Cai zhi might helped as well since she also went missing.
    Seems like we finally get to go back or at least get some chapters about BPS and CYC this volume...but the volume is also abit... it means that YC might "die" again...
  • AkaiRyuu said:
    damn Jasmine really go at it huh, Cai zhi might helped as well since she also went missing.
    Seems like we finally get to go back or at least get some chapters about BPS and CYC this volume...but the volume is also abit... it means that YC might "die" again...
    She killed 2 star gods and MGK and wounded the other 3 realm kings so I agree and shen xi really is light profound user.
  • edited January 2019
    Important notes from Mars WeChat : 

Shen Xi: She had lived in the Forbidden Land of Samsara for a long time, and rarely left. She had never stepped foot into worldly strife, possessing the only light profound energy in the world. She was Yun Che’s third master in his profound road and second master of his medicine technique. One of Yun Che’s patrons.

Caizhi: Heavenly Wolf Star God, who was one of the Twelve Star Gods of the Star God Realm. Originally, she was a “wolf cub”, but she was awakened early under great stimulation. Her whereabouts was unknown. One of Yun Che’s patrons.

Jasmine: Heaven Slaughter Star God, who was one of the Twelve Star Gods of the Star God Realm… It was unclear whether she was dead or alive. One of Yun Che’s patrons.

Feng Xue’er: Young Sect Master of the Divine Phoenix Sect, which was one of the Four Sacred Grounds of the Profound Sky Continent, the first person in the history of the Profound Sky Continent to have truly set foot in the divine road, known as the “Divine Phoenix Maiden”. In the midst of the tranquility, she detected the “unusual change” in the Profound Sky Continent.

Xia Qingyue: The “Moon Divine Emperor” of the Four Divine Emperors of the Eastern Region. Forcing herself to succeed as the Moon Divine Emperor due to her extreme guilt and hatred, she had also become ruthless.

Chu Yuechan: The former head of the Frozen Cloud Seven Fairies of Frozen Cloud Asgard, had been trying her best to avoid the mortal world for many years, and lost all her profound strength. She had a huge loss of vitality, and her life was at stake.

You’er: A mysterious girl that resides in the Jue Yun Abyss of the Blue Cloud Continent. She had long silver hair and colorful pupils. She was unable to speak or leave the Abyss of Darkness. She seemed to be hiding a huge secret.

Xing Juekong: The “Star Divine Emperor” of the Four Divine Emperors of the Eastern Domain, heavily injured by Jasmine, was currently recuperating from his injuries in seclusion.

Yue Wuya: The former “Moon Divine Emperor” of the Four Divine Emperors of the Eastern Domain, killed in Jasmine.

Zhou xuzi: The “Eternal Heaven God Emperor” of the Four Divine Emperors of the Eastern Domain, heavily injured by Jasmine, was recuperating from his injuries in seclusion.

Qianye Fantian: The “Brahma Monarch Divine Emperor” of the Four Divine Emperors of the Eastern Domain, heavily injured by Jasmine, was recuperating from his injuries in seclusion

Tumi: The .Heavenly Origin Star God of Star God Realm’s Twelve Star Gods, Killed by Jasmine.

Divine Tiger: The Heavenly Dipper Star God of Star God Realm’s Twelve Star Gods, Killed by Jasmine.

• edited January 2019
    New Chapter out

"And at the same time the wood spirit girl stepped out of the barrier, a strange jade green brilliance shone at the center of her and Yun Che’s chest.''
  • edited January 2019
    I hope Chu Yuechan powers up again. Actually since Yun Che is going back to BPS, maybe all his harem gets powered up. Because it looks a little disconcerting to me when some of his harem members are ridiculously powerful like MXY, Cai Zhi, Shui Meiyin etc while his harem from BPS still are relatively weak.
  • Hmm, wonder what that "unusual change" in BPS is.
  • I would guess sensing other divine being's searching BPS since finding where Blue Wind Country was. Though if I let my mind go wild it is where Jasmine and Cai Zhi are hiding, evil infant wheel giving issues and the book is named after Jasmine's soul being consumed by the wheel?
    Golden Crow  Best wingman 2016, 2017
  • oh boy shen xi is up for a suprise.

she has no idea who yun che is

• well she did not give a rats ass he had gone through 9 tribulations, i suspect she is trying to make a safe zone for wood spirits with He Ling being there.
  • so, in the end, it's jasmine who killed moon god emperor ?
  • LazyArata said:
    Important notes from Mars WeChat : 

Shen Xi: She had lived in the Forbidden Land of Samsara for a long time, and rarely left. She had never stepped foot into worldly strife, possessing the only light profound energy in the world. She was Yun Che’s third master in his profound road and second master of his medicine technique. One of Yun Che’s patrons.

Caizhi: Heavenly Wolf Star God, who was one of the Twelve Star Gods of the Star God Realm. Originally, she was a “wolf cub”, but she was awakened early under great stimulation. Her whereabouts was unknown. One of Yun Che’s patrons.

Jasmine: Heaven Slaughter Star God, who was one of the Twelve Star Gods of the Star God Realm… It was unclear whether she was dead or alive. One of Yun Che’s patrons.

Feng Xue’er: Young Sect Master of the Divine Phoenix Sect, which was one of the Four Sacred Grounds of the Profound Sky Continent, the first person in the history of the Profound Sky Continent to have truly set foot in the divine road, known as the “Divine Phoenix Maiden”. In the midst of the tranquility, she detected the “unusual change” in the Profound Sky Continent.

Xia Qingyue: The “Moon Divine Emperor” of the Four Divine Emperors of the Eastern Region. Forcing herself to succeed as the Moon Divine Emperor due to her extreme guilt and hatred, she had also become ruthless.

Chu Yuechan: The former head of the Frozen Cloud Seven Fairies of Frozen Cloud Asgard, had been trying her best to avoid the mortal world for many years, and lost all her profound strength. She had a huge loss of vitality, and her life was at stake.

You’er: A mysterious girl that resides in the Jue Yun Abyss of the Blue Cloud Continent. She had long silver hair and colorful pupils. She was unable to speak or leave the Abyss of Darkness. She seemed to be hiding a huge secret.

Xing Juekong: The “Star Divine Emperor” of the Four Divine Emperors of the Eastern Domain, heavily injured by Jasmine, was currently recuperating from his injuries in seclusion.

Yue Wuya: The former “Moon Divine Emperor” of the Four Divine Emperors of the Eastern Domain, killed in Jasmine.

Zhou xuzi: The “Eternal Heaven God Emperor” of the Four Divine Emperors of the Eastern Domain, heavily injured by Jasmine, was recuperating from his injuries in seclusion.

Qianye Fantian: The “Brahma Monarch Divine Emperor” of the Four Divine Emperors of the Eastern Domain, heavily injured by Jasmine, was recuperating from his injuries in seclusion

Tumi: The .Heavenly Origin Star God of Star God Realm’s Twelve Star Gods, Killed by Jasmine.

Divine Tiger: The Heavenly Dipper Star God of Star God Realm’s Twelve Star Gods, Killed by Jasmine.

Lots of interesting devlopments i wonder if is really Ling Jie who will find Chu Yuechan, good to know that Mars hasn't forgotten the asgard girls and lastly i wonder what Yuanba reaction will be to what it's happening to his family.
  • Regarding the part about XQ, I'm unsure if it's saying she'll become MGRK, or if it's saying that she'll inherit her father's Moon God power; reason I say this is because in the male introductions I believe it said the crown prince became the new MGRK after some resistance or something. I'm certainly not against her becoming the new MGRK and would support it entirely, though I also think it'd be rather ironic if Yuanba ended up with the position though I'm unsure he could since he wouldn't be the strongest even with another Moon God inheritance since that'd belong to XQ. Not only would it suit his character but this would free up XQ so she could freely travel with YC and not be bound to MGR and having to stay there to rule, though she's still more than welcome to help out otherwise whenever she has free time. Plus gotta admit the scene of the new powerful MGRK running after YC going "brother-in-law!" is amusing... I do however quite like the fact XQ is finally going through some changes and becoming more ruthless, hopefully she'll also show other changes like being warmer to YC and such and not requiring him to be on death's door to do so. Before I read this chapter I'd actually thought of the wood spirits with the talk about extremely high/pure nature aura but wasn't sure, and certainly wasn't expecting He Ling to show up, ironic that this would be the key to them getting inside.
  • @RIIIcardo Agreed, I'm also happy they weren't forgotten and look forward to seeing how far they've progressed. It'd be rather ideal if they can get to SSR asap and really power up with the help of MX and MB while YC and XQ are training / busy etc.
  • Those notes and spoilers for characters ... XQ becoming MGE and taking inheritance from her step father. The guilt for the embarrassment she caused him due to YC one can assume and the hate clearly for BB and in turn. Accepting the inheritance it gives her the ability to kill BB as Mars spoiled in his comments of a WeChat post a while back. Also makes mention of the Moon God Realm Crown Prince which is after the MGE position and XQ even more so ... NTR with XQ version 2 anyone?(ugh!) So our emotionless husk of a FMC starts to show anger and once she kills BB what will remain? Becoming ruthless also has a negative feel to it which in no way hints at her character developing much to me unlike other female characters who did have incredible development like Cang Yue. 

I feel a little disappointed that this is the route XQ is taking accepting the inheritance to go "Oh look i am end boss level now."  as she is then driven by vengeance for what BB did. All the while YC will have to go through hell to get upgrades and alike. I also get the feeling XQ will think he died again and so will Jasmine and co which is why Jasmine goes on her killing spree blaming the various emperors while XQ becoming ruthless and driven by hate as she will blame BB for losing YC / believing he is dying due to seal. Ultimately leaving her emotionless but angry husk...

YC should receive 9PEB somewhere else, I am even in more favor of her brother Yuanba running around shouting step-brother again and joining the harem instead if she leaves it to go be cold and ruthless somewhere in the Moon God Realm ... hahaha 
  • XQ who becomes MGRK because of the guilt (not to allow his mother and MGRK to have, their last wish granted) and hatred (towards BB and herself for her weakness), it's absurd. The very fact that she returns to MGR is absurd, but understandable. She can not do anything right now, her weakness will push her to make stupid decisions.

the story of MGRK and the mother of XQ is disgusting for me because after giving up her husband and children "to protect them" returns to his old love, when his daughter finds her, she agrees to make her participate in this wedding farce. therefore, XQ betrayed her biological father, her brother, betrayed herself (she betrayed her dream of reuniting her family) and betrayed the memory of her late husband (she acknowledged that she loved him before and after his death).

I thought that Mars was going to make sure that when YC appeared at the wedding, she would have understood her mistake but no. Like her mother, all the choices she makes end up hurting all the people around her. And every time, YC has to clean up behind her.
    I thought that the development of his chara would follow a clear path but no. She does not even know why she chose YC. In the chapter after their escape, she even wonders why she betrayed MGRK and the wish of her mother and she comes to the conclusion that she did it by instint .... what!

what XQ's biggest complaint about her personality is that she does things for others only. she decides to bring her mother back for her father (argument she herself gave). she decides to accept the "false" marriage for the wish of her mother. whenever we think that her emotions are resurfacing and that she is starting to become a real Chara, Mars returns her to the ice block state (hides her emotions).

She did everything for her mother. she had almost lost her emotions because of her. Now, she feels guilty for fleeing with YC.
    She must not feel guilty for choosing her husband, the man she loves, to protect his dignity (even her mother understood that and told MGRK) but not her.

• I can not wait for XQ and her mother to be in front of XH who learned what they did. I wonder if they will have the courage to look it in the face.
    • If Yuanba learns her mother's story and what she and XQ have done, I do not think he will agree with them.

I am looking forward to his 2 events. >:)

PS: for me, MGRK is a manipulator and he will almost succeed his plan but ultimately fail because of YC.
    Mars wrote that he will die but I do not believe it. just like jasmine, they will disappear from the story temporarily but they will come back. When he comes back, we will know the plan he has prepared well before knowing the mother of XQ.

Every time Mars gives a clue that he is dangerous, he covers it immediately as if he did not want us to suspect him.

• YC and XQ look alike on a certain point. All 2 have a character that prevents them from actually being themselves.
    in the case of YC, it's Jasmine and in the case of XQ, it's his mother. Without the disappearance (temporary or definitive) of these two chara, they will continue to make stupid decisions.
  • So Mars is setting up a time skip. I hope Yun Che comes out decently powerful after this.
  • Well with the latest Chapter I am certain Shen Xi or the forbidden area has the light seed somewhere. It will allow him to counter the death seal himself. I suspect we going to have a couple of initial chapters with YC getting initial treatment and losing memory to receive treatment . He will regain his memory after I am going to guess 40-50 chapters of no YC to have story develop elsewhere so he has more chaos to deal with and try solve. Having situation on BPS escalate (LF etc), XQ becoming MGRK, Jasmine killing all believing YC died seeing XQ returned without him. Though I could be wrong but it gives Mars perfect excuse to do it all without it happening off Camera so to speak and allow for character development which is sorely needed in XQ's case. Let us let the crazy ideas run wild then.

Reading what momzo post ... Well XQ and her mother's situation ... I realized that MGRK's death would mean XQ needs to be allowed to try inherit MGE's divine inheritance power. I suspect that like star gods going she is going find she suddenly has perfect qualification to take it being ruthless most likely or hate or extreme guilt driven. However how low will she stoop for her revenge if she is denied initially to get the inheritance by say the son which was mentioned in spoilers who wants her for himself? Based off spoilers (he he wants her) going to probably only permit her to try inherit it if she marries him and tears up marriage certificate which would be rather fitting then to have her hated by the readers. Add possibly where YC leaves Shen Xi early to learn of it with her 'plan' incomplete as she believes she will have 50 years to achieve her goals and create a safe place for YC and her family. He would never be able to get close to her to confirm as he is public enemy number 1 in MGR and lead him to experience negative emotions which kindle a certain devil orb nicely. Considering XQ was willing to 'fake marry' MGRK for her mother, what would she finally be willing to do when she wants something, spoiler refers to 'forcing herself'? Would she be willing to remarry with the intention of killing the current MGE's son (Her new husband) once she has achieved her goals and hope her husband she left in the safe zone for 50 years will forgive her once all is said and done ... Drama llama is going to go mad with these possibilities. Having  YC landing up hating her hearing her denounce him publicly would be in very poor taste but extremely juicy as well and make the reunion eventually quiet a spectacle trying to explain.
  • edited January 2019
    I am wondering if Shen Xi can manipulate his memories, after all his soul remembers? His soul being what it is I am most curious as to what is going to happen trying to suppress his memories ... will Shen Xi find others from previous re-incarnations thanks to MoS that she allows him to gain access to? He becomes her disciple with both Divine Doa and medicine so I have to wonder if we will have him purging the seal very soon and exposing EG inheritance with light seed? Surely something like this would need to happen before the time skip to allow him to study and grow under Shen Xi...

Is Shen Xi the Dragon Empress or possibly the Dragon God's daughter who re-incarnated thanks to the well of reincarnation? Discovering the Primordial Azure Dragon God's soul while trying to suppress his memory will have the require effect surely to have her take him as disciple? Want more chapters now ... :P
  • edited January 2019
    Typical XQ/Mars with this latest chapter, figures she'd show up for all of 5 min and then disappear again, should start a stop watch next time. I wonder how fast YC will get Shen Xi to take a shine to him and take him in as her disciple and not worry about erasing his memory etc? Plus I think there's no way he'll stay there 50 years, aside from the problems that'd arise from him missing from his harem that long, I believe the Crimson Calamity will happen long before that. So it'll probably get solved via light seed, Li Suo's inheritance awakening, medical skills upgrade or something else.

I'm not against XQ getting ruthless since it'll match well with YC as he's not exactly a saint himself and they've both learned the hard way they need to be ruthless in a world like this. XQ planning to leave for 50 years and not consummate prior though is annoying because she'll get to play damsel in distress potentially again due to this continued stupidity. As for the XQ ntr counter, pretty sure it's past 5 or so by now lol. Crown Prince has rough times ahead of him but sucks for him. Nobody would be able to steal MGRK's Moon God inheritance at least since nobody was a match for it besides XQ, though his position as MGRK she'll have to work for, and his death will also play into her guilt/hatred. XQ won't believe YC dead since he's in the safest place he could be (well, cept next to IP perhaps), unsure if Jasmine will think that though she might flip upon learning he got that seal put on him. 

@Ravannoc ...I think you took just a 'bit' too many steps past crazy town with that post, that's ridiculous even for crazy wild ideas lol. Still shaking off the effects *cough* alcohol of New Years or something? Happy New Years either way :)

edit: for the record my repeated complaints in regards to XQ and YC consummating ironically has little to do with the desire for snu snu (though it'd be welcome and long overdo but beside the point) nor even with YC getting 9PEB though that's an added and rather OP bonus. Honestly the reason I want it solved is because I'm tired of Mars always using it to ramp up drama over and over again so I just want that particular thing settled already...