Summary of the REST CD ( Major spoilers Alert XD )

12346»

Comments

• abcabc
    edited October 2015
    Vexram said:

bonifide said:

Vexram said:

bonifide said:

Vexram said:

Sitrix said:

Then again, I don't think IET really goes into detail about this stuff. He kinda just goes "I don't want this person here anymore so lets kill them off and have no way to bring them back". And then "lets kill this person off, destroy their soul, and have someway to bring them back b/c it's convenient." Can't do much about it, imo.

so... plot, like i said. but story wise, hong meng controls the fates of everyone, so he could have easily made it so doehring could be revived or permanently killed or reborn elsewhere. the fact is, reviving doehring is nothing more than a plot device, whether he can be revived doesn't matter, only that the MC tries to revive him. plus IET probably made it so doehring couldn't be revive because he didn't want to ruin what doehring was, a grandpa figure, who guided linley on his path. once he was brought back, doehring would have just become like the rest of the yulan plane people, obsolete and useless, and worse, forgotten.
    he doesn't he simply knows the future of most. only the one's whose future he can't see can become UC
    Stellar Transformation spoilers
    But Linley basically saw Qin Yu future and new he would become a UC. Even helped him out and told him something like in 20 years something will happen I cant remember exactly though.
    yeah, the scroll allows you to see almost all futures, and even tells who has the chance to be a UC. there are a few like qin yu's son who have uncertain futures. what you are thinking about is when he gives qin 3 top class hong meng items (damn hong meng names everything hong meng in ST) and says to qin that in 20 or so years the battle for the next supreme god spot will begin. it does, nobody wins. qin yu skips that level.

I can't believe Linley said Qin Yu is more talented than him. He trained way longer than Linley specially when he did closed training didnt the spoiler said he spent like a billion years to practice some move or formation. They also learn about space and time in the higher realm. Linley couldnt have known about things like that in his CD universe.
    qin yu really is more talented than linley. linley only had to study 4 elements and there total of 27 laws. linley had it easy compared to qin yu who had to not only have to pave his own path, but also had to study crafting and formations that was probably thousands of times harder to learn than simply learning how some elements work. so yeah i'd say given how quickly qin yu became top dog with all he had to do, he was more talented than linley.
    qin yu is more talented but linley is more lucky ... but before anything else they are equal!  .. sovereigns are weak most of them rely on luck to get their power how can they compare to the gods of qin yu's world who get their power through training ..
  • jopi2180 said:

So how many chapters are in the last 2 books?

thanks to every one that replied :) so it looks like book 20 has 48 chapters and book 21 has 43 chapters. So at the usual translating speed we will have less than a week until the end of book 20 and book 21 should last a little bit less than a month. So enjoy every chapter while you still can :(
  • Vexram said:

bonifide said:

Vexram said:

bonifide said:

Vexram said:

Sitrix said:

Then again, I don't think IET really goes into detail about this stuff. He kinda just goes "I don't want this person here anymore so lets kill them off and have no way to bring them back". And then "lets kill this person off, destroy their soul, and have someway to bring them back b/c it's convenient." Can't do much about it, imo.

so... plot, like i said. but story wise, hong meng controls the fates of everyone, so he could have easily made it so doehring could be revived or permanently killed or reborn elsewhere. the fact is, reviving doehring is nothing more than a plot device, whether he can be revived doesn't matter, only that the MC tries to revive him. plus IET probably made it so doehring couldn't be revive because he didn't want to ruin what doehring was, a grandpa figure, who guided linley on his path. once he was brought back, doehring would have just become like the rest of the yulan plane people, obsolete and useless, and worse, forgotten.
    he doesn't he simply knows the future of most. only the one's whose future he can't see can become UC
    Stellar Transformation spoilers
    But Linley basically saw Qin Yu future and new he would become a UC. Even helped him out and told him something like in 20 years something will happen I cant remember exactly though.
    yeah, the scroll allows you to see almost all futures, and even tells who has the chance to be a UC. there are a few like qin yu's son who have uncertain futures. what you are thinking about is when he gives qin 3 top class hong meng items (damn hong meng names everything hong meng in ST) and says to qin that in 20 or so years the battle for the next supreme god spot will begin. it does, nobody wins. qin yu skips that level.

I can't believe Linley said Qin Yu is more talented than him. He trained way longer than Linley specially when he did closed training didnt the spoiler said he spent like a billion years to practice some move or formation. They also learn about space and time in the higher realm. Linley couldnt have known about things like that in his CD universe.
    qin yu really is more talented than linley. linley only had to study 4 elements and there total of 27 laws. linley had it easy compared to qin yu who had to not only have to pave his own path, but also had to study crafting and formations that was probably thousands of times harder to learn than simply learning how some elements work. so yeah i'd say given how quickly qin yu became top dog with all he had to do, he was more talented than linley.
    I don't know for him to become a top dog look at how many actual years it took. Linley basically became a UC quicker than Qin Yu. Plus he had a worse cheat than Linley that damn Meteor Tear now that is the ultimate cheat.Crafting he basically had a guide and I want to say formations he learned it from that dude mansion in that one realm I cant remember but its not the fool that died on the plant. lol. I just know Qin Yu is more talent than Linley when it comes to creating a universe then again he had a lot of help. He could travel space look at planets and stars. Also, in the very beginning the style he trained in he looked at teacher home planet records since he came from earth. I haven't read DE spoilers in depth but I think that lil reincarnation bastard got more potential than both Linley and Qin Yu.
  • @bonifide,
    i said qin yu was more talented because of what he had to do compared to linley. sure linley did what qin yu did in only 10k years, but up till the very end, he basically had a road map saying turn here, head straight, ect. sure qin yu has the meteoric tear as a super cheat, but that didn't guide him to the top. he had to figure out his own path on his own. on small mistake and qin would have been permanently cripled. at least linley had a book that told him all of the laws and their basic's so he had an idea on how to train them or where to look for insights. qin yu though was basically going, 'ah damn, i hope this path is the right one.' i bet if qin yu had a book like linley his speed would have been many times faster, so that instead of spending hundreds of thousands of years getting there, he would have only spent a few 10's of thousands. that might still seem slower but you have to realize that unlike CD where people get massive fixed boosts of power, ST has a gradual climb of power that takes a lot more effort and time to do.

as for crafting. yeah that wasn't too hard or took too long but the formations. that took linley a long time to figure out, and while he was studying all that, it was also slowing down is cultivation. linley never had to study anything close to that. all he had to do was learn how to kill stuff in better ways.

if all we look at is time then sure linley destroys qin yu. but if you look at it as a whole, qin did a lot more than linley, and even had to forge his own path without any help.

as for Ji Ning. well lets just say he was broken from the getgo. he was reincarnated with all his memories, had top class soul cultivation technique and was even born to a somewhat high class clan with plenty of funds and methods for early training. neither qin or linley had such massive advantages.
  • @Vexram

LOL Just remember Qin Yu credit is thanks to Linley for making that universe. Yeah he did create his own path but he had a guide line for most of his path you cant even deny that. lol. He had to create his own path IIRC right before his ascension. ATM Im reading IET other work well I wish translation speed was faster since its not that many chapters. I'm not sure what Ji Ning powers are at the end but Qin Yu powers are cheap beyond belief.

I wonder how the dude in Snow Eagle will end up.
  • Vexram said:

@bonifide,
    i said qin yu was more talented because of what he had to do compared to linley. sure linley did what qin yu did in only 10k years, but up till the very end, he basically had a road map saying turn here, head straight, ect. sure qin yu has the meteoric tear as a super cheat, but that didn't guide him to the top. he had to figure out his own path on his own. on small mistake and qin would have been permanently cripled. at least linley had a book that told him all of the laws and their basic's so he had an idea on how to train them or where to look for insights. qin yu though was basically going, 'ah damn, i hope this path is the right one.' i bet if qin yu had a book like linley his speed would have been many times faster, so that instead of spending hundreds of thousands of years getting there, he would have only spent a few 10's of thousands. that might still seem slower but you have to realize that unlike CD where people get massive fixed boosts of power, ST has a gradual climb of power that takes a lot more effort and time to do.

as for crafting. yeah that wasn't too hard or took too long but the formations. that took linley a long time to figure out, and while he was studying all that, it was also slowing down is cultivation. linley never had to study anything close to that. all he had to do was learn how to kill stuff in better ways.

if all we look at is time then sure linley destroys qin yu. but if you look at it as a whole, qin did a lot more than linley, and even had to forge his own path without any help.

as for Ji Ning. well lets just say he was broken from the getgo. he was reincarnated with all his memories, had top class soul cultivation technique and was even born to a somewhat high class clan with plenty of funds and methods for early training. neither qin or linley had such massive advantages.

bonifide said:

@Vexram

LOL Just remember Qin Yu credit is thanks to Linley for making that universe. Yeah he did create his own path but he had a guide line for most of his path you cant even deny that. lol. He had to create his own path IIRC right before his ascension. ATM Im reading IET other work well I wish translation speed was faster since its not that many chapters. I'm not sure what Ji Ning powers are at the end but Qin Yu powers are cheap beyond belief.

Also, guys, don't forget that Linley and Qin Yu are from different universes. Even though Linley created the ST universe, that doesn't mean he trained to UC-level in it. There are no 'fusing laws' together or practicing in elemental laws in ST. The cultivation practices from (basically) deity level and higher are completely different. Sure, ST has it's own laws like the ability to manipulate time and space, but time and space is not your regular fire law or destruction law. There's a 'law' for time AND space, separate. Although mostly they would be trained together. 

Also, Qin Yu had a black hole in his dantian, which then..aw I forgot what's after black hole. I think it's a new planet? Anyway, after all that Qin Yu starts to create an actual universe inside his own dantian. A whole universe, separate dimension, inside himself. I don't know what that is if it isn't badass, and in the least, creating a universe inside himself would take a long time, which it did. 

Although Linley is also pretty badass as well, what contributed toward him becoming a UC was his 4-way soul mutation, which the chances of happening were so low that it was practically impossible without plot armor. In the entire multiverse of CD, that means out of the possibly vigintillions of people or maybe trigintillions of people(because we don't know how many planes are in the 3 other universes, and since the universe that Linley is in already has an uncountable amount of people, it's probably a lot) it has never happened until Linley achieved it. That is God-level plot armor if I've never seen it before.

Qin Yu also has a crap ton of plot armor, but not something that huge. Although his separate universe and its unique divine energy was kinda cheat-like because he was basically and completely unkillable once he got the ability to send himself and others into it. Heck, Qin Yu could've sent all his enemies inside his universe where they become mortal because their divine energy doesn't work and Qin Yu could've just slaughtered them all.

So, Linley and Qin Yu are both cheat characters that defy common sense. Equally badass though.
  • Linley got plot armor but Qin Yu meteor tear is even cheaper. Either way both stories turned to shit when they both went to different plane/universe. Also ST copies a lot from Eternal Life. 
  • Sitrix said:

Vexram said:

@bonifide,

bonifide said:

@Vexram

Also, guys, don't forget that Linley and Qin Yu are from different universes. Even though Linley created the ST universe, that doesn't mean he trained to UC-level in it. There are no 'fusing laws' together or practicing in elemental laws in ST. The cultivation practices from (basically) deity level and higher are completely different. Sure, ST has it's own laws like the ability to manipulate time and space, but time and space is not your regular fire law or destruction law. There's a 'law' for time AND space, separate. Although mostly they would be trained together. 

Also, Qin Yu had a black hole in his dantian, which then..aw I forgot what's after black hole. I think it's a new planet? Anyway, after all that Qin Yu starts to create an actual universe inside his own dantian. A whole universe, separate dimension, inside himself. I don't know what that is if it isn't badass, and in the least, creating a universe inside himself would take a long time, which it did. 

Although Linley is also pretty badass as well, what contributed toward him becoming a UC was his 4-way soul mutation, which the chances of happening were so low that it was practically impossible without plot armor. In the entire multiverse of CD, that means out of the possibly vigintillions of people or maybe trigintillions of people(because we don't know how many planes are in the 3 other universes, and since the universe that Linley is in already has an uncountable amount of people, it's probably a lot) it has never happened until Linley achieved it. That is God-level plot armor if I've never seen it before.

Qin Yu also has a crap ton of plot armor, but not something that huge. Although his separate universe and its unique divine energy was kinda cheat-like because he was basically and completely unkillable once he got the ability to send himself and others into it. Heck, Qin Yu could've sent all his enemies inside his universe where they become mortal because their divine energy doesn't work and Qin Yu could've just slaughtered them all.

So, Linley and Qin Yu are both cheat characters that defy common sense. Equally badass though.
    he does send enemies inside once iirc. they were scared shitless when they couldn't use their powers