Latest chapter discussion

Comments

• @Shiro_Shinigami Regarding point 2, you're bound to be disappointed then. Pretty sure Mars already stated YC 'will' be DTR 9 for tournament and not DTR 5, furthermore there's bigger things going on than just this tournament, you gotta think about the bigger picture. Though YC is the eternal underdog he still needs to get much stronger for coming events, not least of which is red despair in vol 17 or so. I agree with your other points more or less however (point 1 is only questionable one for me as it might actually be beneficial again as they both now have part of IP soul and it might be synergistic, but other than that I'm fine with waiting til he's much stronger for that). I don't want a mental attack with PH but would love his soul to enhance the power of his PH along with power of his EG veins when he fuses all 3 (bloodline+veins+soul) to give it new attributes and makes it worth the cost.
  • Also glad about the pill, it's something that was earned and foreshadowed long ago so I don't get why people are upset just because it's 'boring' or not interesting enough and they'd rather he find some new interesting power up for same effect (greedy). The pill is already interesting considering all the rare ingredients and I'm glad he took it for himself for once instead of it going to a harem member or something. I agree that IP soul will likely be what pushes him into Divine Spirit at end of tournament or afterwards, curious if his results or the tribulation will be what triggers the new master and how they'll get him away from MX though we know he'll find his way back eventually.
  • ohhhh, our smooth che is back. B)
  • will yun che really go inside the eternal pearl for 3 years?? I mean he have to save Xia Qingyue from the Moon God Realm within two years and also need to return to Blue Pole Star.
  • @Forgotten_Fate
    Where was it stated that Yun Che is gonna be DTR 9? I'm not reading all of Mars' comments/posts so I'm kinda curious if there are other leaks outside official "info drop" that we have on lntml. But regardless of that, I'm not gonna be dissapointed or anything but just like you've said he is eternal underdog, if he is really gonna hit peak of DTR then he is gonna beat anyone with just Purgatory and with Rumbling Heaven he is gonna simply destroy them with snap of his fingers... Unless suddenly Rumbling Heaven is no longer ~1,5 additional big realm and it's gonna be much, much less. That would be really bad and inconsistent writing though...

Also, Yun Che is planning to spend at least 2000 years in the Pearl as he stated himself "he is gonna return to BPS in 2 years for sure" and after his big words the only logical course of action is to train for those 2 years in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. After that amount of time he is gonna be strong enough for sure and his cultivation during the tournament doesn't really matter as long as he is able to win.

I simply wish that Mars is not gonna downgrade Yun Che's actual power if he is gonna indeed give him DTR 9 and that's why I was thinking about DTR 5 because it goes naturally in current plot - ~1,5 big realm with Rumbling Heaven, still struggle against 4 Special Kids because their power is above your average 10th level DSR practitioneer... Oh, well, we will see tommorrow.
  • yeah but you forgot about XQ wedding tho... i don't think YC will spend anytime in the pearl
  • @Shiro_Shinigami

Mars already stated in one of his wechats that the current Yun Che can only win against Divine Spirit 1 and barely against Divine Spirit 2, with Divine Spirit 3 being an almost hopeless battle. Yes, it's a load of bullshit, but what can we do?

Yun Che is going to reach DTR peak for sure and maybe will reach Divine Spirit 1 before going back to ESR. Yun Che reaching Divine Spirit 1 before he starts his battles will depend on whether he breaks through GWOTB 5 or manages to fuse his profound veins and soul with Profound Handle like Ice Phoenix suggested before going back to ESR.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • @Ophis
    Well, I stand corrected then. I wasn't reading his wechats. Still, I can't decide to praise him for at least spoiling it for those who want to know or be mad that he is keeping in dark in actual story and his power levels are all over the place... 

OK, so we are gonna have dramatic showdowns no matter what. I wish Mars was more consistent though...
  • Ophis said:
    @Shiro_Shinigami

Mars already stated in one of his wechats that the current Yun Che can only win against Divine Spirit 1 and barely against Divine Spirit 2, with Divine Spirit 3 being an almost hopeless battle. Yes, it's a load of bullshit, but what can we do?
    If YC can win some talanted people in DSR 1-2 who can skip ranks its fine.
  • so... how long between the end of the tournament and the wedding? It really s*cks that everyone gets to train for 3000 years but Yun Che won't even get to 500 (if even, I'm guessing 100 at most)... makes sense though... novel would end quickly if Yun Che were to train for that long and become God... I'm guessing he'll be middle stage divine king so he can fight sovereigns in the big sects but not masters just yet...
  • cdalgorta said:
    so... how long between the end of the tournament and the wedding? It really s*cks that everyone gets to train for 3000 years but Yun Che won't even get to 500 (if even, I'm guessing 100 at most)... makes sense though... novel would end quickly if Yun Che were to train for that long and become God... I'm guessing he'll be middle stage divine king so he can fight sovereigns in the big sects but not masters just yet...
    More likely he doesn't get anytime (at first) and is forced to flee. He has to get to the Western Realm at some point soon. His next master is there.
  • Ophis said:
    @Shiro_Shinigami

Yun Che is going to reach DTR peak for sure and maybe will reach Divine Spirit 1 before going back to ESR. Yun Che reaching Divine Spirit 1 before he starts his battles will depend on whether he breaks through GWOTB 5 or manages to fuse his profound veins and soul with Profound Handle like Ice Phoenix suggested before going back to ESR.
    I don't think it's a load a bullshit, it's good that the OPness of his abilities don't scale linearly otherwise it'd be harder to justify giving him new ones. It's a necessary part of this kind of story: either powerups get locked, taken away, or diminish relative effectiveness to justify something new. I don't even think people are pissed/frustrated that Yun Che can only fight 1 great realm above at this stage, they are more pissed that the people he would be fighting are stronger and he isn't fighting them. Since I'm more interested in the stuff around the fights (including the powerups) I honestly don't mind at all.

I don't know if Yun Che will reach DTR9 in one go. I definitely don't think he'll hit DSpR1 until the PGC is nearly over at the very least. The setup Mars made reissues those Time Pearls every two rounds, which means before the end he should have ~5 pearls total (1 to start, then 1 every 2 rounds. Yun Che has 10 total rounds including the finals, which means 5 additional pearls given). That's 5 months of training potential. Since he doesn't need to go beyond DTR9 to win (especially with the PH upgrades), why would Mars set this up that way? If he planned for all of the powerup to happen at once, why not just go by the pearl given at the start? I think we'll have multiple powerup phases, including time spent working on the Prohound Handle's new skills. 
  • Although that assumes the pearls will be given out for rounds fought rather than the rounds in the winners bracket. Still, even if that were the case, it'd be 3 months
  • Morbil said:
    Ophis said:
    @Shiro_Shinigami

I don't think it's a load a bullshit, it's good that the OPness of his abilities don't scale linearly otherwise it'd be harder to justify giving him new ones. It's a necessary part of this kind of story: either powerups get locked, taken away, or diminish relative effectiveness to justify something new. I don't even think people are pissed/frustrated that Yun Che can only fight 1 great realm above at this stage, they are more pissed that the people he would be fighting are stronger and he isn't fighting them. Since I'm more interested in the stuff around the fights (including the powerups) I honestly don't mind at all.

I don't know if Yun Che will reach DTR9 in one go. I definitely don't think he'll hit DSpR1 until the PGC is nearly over at the very least. The setup Mars made reissues those Time Pearls every two rounds, which means before the end he should have ~5 pearls total (1 to start, then 1 every 2 rounds. Yun Che has 10 total rounds including the finals, which means 5 additional pearls given). That's 5 months of training potential. Since he doesn't need to go beyond DTR9 to win (especially with the PH upgrades), why would Mars set this up that way? If he planned for all of the powerup to happen at once, why not just go by the pearl given at the start? I think we'll have multiple powerup phases, including time spent working on the Prohound Handle's new skills. 

It is bullshit simply by the fact that Yun Che has mastered the cultivation realms properly in these 2 years training with Xuanyin. Yun Che could fight 1.5 realms from Divine Soul to Divine Tribulation counting purely on brute force. While I do agree that Yun Che's realm skipping abilities will become lower the higher he goes in cultivation without any further power ups, him properly mastering the first two realms of divine dao and even by how Mars made so much of a fuss about being able to master "sense of touch" while still in Divine Essence Realm makes it all the more annoying. It feels as if Yun Che training these two years to build a solid foundation and properly grasping the principles of Divine Essence and Divine Soul Realm were useless.

Of course, I do agree with you that Mars nerfing Yun Che's realm skipping ability wasn't really what annoyed people the most. It's by how far Mars exaggerated this time around in making Yun Che's opponents way too stronger than he currently is, when Mars could have avoided something so shitty by a simple upgrade on GWOTB.

As for reaching at least DTR 9 in one go, you can definitely count on that. Yun Che got Ice Phoenix's soul which will guarantee him a boost of 2 levels, so if that Universe pill doesn't give Yun Che even a boost of 6 levels on the same realm Mars can just stop writing and go hang himself.

Sorry, but you counting on those 5 months given by those pearls for Yun Che to progress in cultivation on the late stages of DTR is honestly nonsense. And no, there's no way a DTR 9 Yun Che without further power up on his techniques can win this tournament. A DTR 9 Yun Che would only be able to win against a normal Divine Spirit 9 and maybe barely against Divine Spirit 10, but you're forgetting that those people participating in the Divine Bestowment Battle are all supreme geniuses of their own and can skip 1-2 levels as well. Heck, it won't surprise me at all if any of those 4 Divine Children can fight against regular level 1-2 Divine Kings.

So, it can go either way: Yun Che either reaches DTR 9 with Ice Phoenix soul and pill and has a breakthrough on his GWOTB during the tournament before fighting the Divine Children, or he reaches Divine Spirit before fighting them. I repeat, DTR 9 Yun Che without any other power up is definitely no match for any of the 4. Unless, of course, Mars goes nuts and starts contradicting what he has already established so far in this tournament.

PS: According to Mars' wechat, Yun Che's lightning tribulation would be when Yun Che makes his "come back" while on a later wechat about Yun Che's cards in hand Mars said that upgrading his Profound Handle would be a "great come back". Which means that, by the way Mars worded, PH upgrade will definitely come after lightning tribulation and Divine Spirit 1. So, Yun Che reaching Divine Spirit 1 now and using those 5 Time Wheel Pearls to get the upgrade of his PH would make much more sense than not, since the only opponents that truly matter in this tournament are the 4 Divine Children and they should be able to give Yun Che a hard time even if he reaches Divine Spirit 1; although I can see Mars making Yun Che reach only DTR 9 and no further upgrade until close to the end of this tournament simply for the sake of making Yun Che to continue being the super underdog that he is and struggle against the trash mob along the way.
  • I repeat, DTR 9 Yun Che without any other power up is definitely no match for any of the 4. Unless, of course, Mars goes nuts and starts contradicting what he has already established so far in this tournament.

Which is why I said with the Profound Handle upgrades. 

Mars said that upgrading his Profound Handle would be a "great come back"

The "salted fish" in that line was more likely referring to the PH itself, which has been mostly useless so far. 

• edited July 2018
    Morbil said: 
    Mars said that upgrading his Profound Handle would be a "great come back"

The "salted fish" in that line was more likely referring to the PH itself, which has been mostly useless so far. 

Nope, the "salted fish" is definitely Yun Che who has been useless throughout this whole arc. It's a joke Mars started using on the wechat post previously to the one of the PH.

On Profound God Conference first salt fish --- Yun Che

Without a doubt, present Yun Che in Profound God Conference is a through big salt fish, salty to sufficiently from forehead ku to buttocks.

Eliminated the more than 50 million mixed fish( the Feixue wife not saying that your), entered the second round preelection ten thousand profound practitioner uniform Divine Spirit Realm, by family background theory cultivation base each was the Eastern God Territory topest ranks. Only Yun Che, cultivation base Divine Tribulation Realm did not say, but also First Level!

The influence formation did not say, but can also irritate the obsession livingly.

After the second round, did not say that two rounds slaughter to come out 1000 pervert... Inside infiltrates Divine Tribulation Realm First Level Yun Che...

Sparkles compared with the first famous metropolis absolutely.

Beforehand Yun Che crazily entrains very dazzles to hang to explode various day overwhelming powers to sweep away to jump the ranks to install to compel, why arrived at Profound God Conference suddenly has become a salt fish?

Actually this is natural.

Was trained by Mu Xuanyin personally for two years, Yun Che finally broke through to Divine Tribulation Realm. Although is only Divine Tribulation Realm First Level, but if said to Divine Tribulation Realm Eight Level Mu Feixue --- very much definite that is victorious.
    Therefore, Yun Che at this moment, indeed is Snow Song Realm young one generation first, does not have the suspense certainly.
    But Snow Song Realm is Middle-Rank Star Realm, Profound God Conference strides from Snow Song Realm to entire Eastern God Territory plane/level directly.

This step far more than is big, ten zero also pulled has exploded, how could not to degenerate into the salt fish.

After all, Yun Che enters the Divine Dao time to support also for three years, can until now the intensity, not be the average man can. But the opposite audiences were born to grow in God Realm at a young age, the family background, resources, background and practice time exceeds his person...

Cannot compare cannot compare...

If there is stepped suddenly such big one step, Yun Che can still sweep away all obstacles... That talked nonsense.

Therefore then, the plot will talk nonsense.

When nine tribulation Heavenly Lightning Tribulation, the salt fish stands up from failure!

But catalyst &; that stands up from failure... Will not have the second person without a doubt!

Above is the wechat posted by Mars on 7/18 which was translated using LNMTL's translator and glossary. You can see that whenever Mars talks about the "salted fish" it's about Yun Che. Therefore, that line of the PH was definitely about the "great come back (2.0)" of the salted fish Yun Che.
  • That's an assumption on your part. The "salted fish" is just slang, it's not unexpected that Mars uses the same slang in multiple posts. 
  • we are fine here...no need to translate because here we all caught up to raw
  • Nooooo marsss noooo. Please don't enter your cave again! T_T
  • New chapter is out.
  • edited July 2018
    Can anyone explain to me the end of this chapter please?? Is it dual cultivation or soul awakening help or both .... it is not clear for me. 

Anyway, if it’s dual cultivation, I hope that MX will benefit from it also. But if in these near-to-death conditions, the GWOTB doesn’t level up, we can imagine that the next leveling up will happen during his next real death, after two arcs. 
  • in which volume will Yun Che die
  • Can anyone explain to me the end of this chapter please?? Is it dual cultivation or soul awakening help or both .... it is not clear for me. 

Anyway, if it’s dual cultivation, I hope that MX will benefit from it also. But if in these near-to-death conditions, the GWOTB doesn’t level up, we can imagine that the next leveling up will happen during his next real death, after two arcs. 
    Well, entire LNMTL comment section believes that it is dual cultivation, however, it feels weird for me. In the first place, how can they do it if YC is unconcious and in massive pain? If it was doing it with unconcious woman, it would still appear physically possible, but for man... However, knowing Mars, it is likely that it is dual cultivation. Unless it is some sort of random technique to transfer ones cultivation to another....
  • edited July 2018
    if it is dual cultivation then i hope her Divine Soul assimilation to be more than 90% complete
  • @Lazy Arata  the 13th volume. 
    @Sparteh  Here are the intriguing parts:
    Stays in his chest very long palm finally letting fall slowly.--- --- --- --- --- --- -
    When his power, will and body border on collapses thoroughly, ice-cold aura suddenly wells up to...This cold qi and formerly suppressed efficacy cold qi to be completely different, from body, but appears from his body suddenly... 
    He proclaims the sensation, is unable to infer accurately from body where, but indeed from the body wells up to without doubt.This cold qi is not intense, but pure to peak, and is bringingplane/level extremely high mysterious aura... Dim , but also is taking to a Yun Che fuzzy familiar feeling.This... Yes.... 
    Moreover, this cold qi always doing nothing but sends fuses with Yun Che's profound energy, starts to refine the efficacy together. As if, that ice-cold aura when flooding into Yun Che within the body, then started to change into belongs to his power.
    As unceasing emerging of ice-cold aura, Yun Che fulls floaded operation the soul the agony to vanish completely, displaces, is an indescribable peak comfortable feeling, the entire photograph soaked in the cool pure pool of water, was caressed by the gentle mobile pool of water is touching the whole body, let his Soul, in satisfied comfortable was trembling. 
  • Personally I don't think it's dual cultivation and that it's more the desires of the comments rather than fact, but time will tell. I think it's much more likely it was his IP soul starting to awaken and help him, she only gave him a small fragment that was only enough to raise him 2 small realms and that line about it being 'not intense but pure to peak, and is bringing plane/level extremely high mysterious aura' etc and being familiar, seems to go with that. She didn't give him much but it'd be the absolute purest cold qi in the universe as it comes from a True God and he knows her energy. I think MX helped him awaken it but unsure how, not saying it absolutely can't be dual cultivation but I don't find it very likely here. Hope we get another chapter today but since we only got 1 yesterday and this one arrived at this time I don't think we'll get another. =/
  • It's 99% dual cultivation. All of the textual hints fall on it, and it comes after a section where Mu Xuanyin is anxious over the pain Yun Che is receiving. 
  • It does seem, though, that the pellet will be refined in one go.
  • @Morbil, hehehe. If it really happened then MX for me will be the best wife and it will be another motivation for YC. 
  • Yeah it seems like duo cultivation otherwise MX wouldn't appear struggling before deciding to do it, its the only explanation. Plus she told MB back then that if she doesn't duo cultivate with YC her primordial yin will go to waste so it seems like her yin wasn't completely used.
    Who would have thought the pill would be so overwhelming? YC is currently at tribulation 3 after using IP soul, now with such an OP pellet....tribulation 9 seems too low lol