Disscusion: Favorite Novel of the Week

What has been your favorite novel to read this week?

Comments

• Divine Throne -> Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? -> Konjiki no Word Master
    Based on this week, that is the top xD
  • this week? hmm
    -Child of light (basically just read it from 1st chapter - book 3 chapter 36 yesterday)
    -WDQK (MC get an upgread)
    -SYWZ, (That MC and Caier moment)
    - transcending the nine heaven (that soundless quick draw)
    - ATG (only need 2 words: MC OP)
  • It's Sunday, so I am going to say it's magi craft meister, third prince elmer and child of light for me.

• edited September 2015
    Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu wins my hearts this week with it's humor. Giving universal translation to it's MC but not with humans.
  • Transcending the Nine Heavens is what im currently reading, only 200 chapters left.

Long Live Summons

History's First Founder

• This week's ISSTH chapters were very fun. I guess they take first place, with an honorable mention to CD.
  • Hmm...this week is Majin Tenseiki with excellent characters and story. Certainly, a must read

~long chapters
  • These are my weekly favorites:

Long Live Summons 
    ISSTH
    Peerless Martial God

• edited October 2015
    for this week hmm I chose Long live summons, Trancending the nine heavens and TDG  (tales demons and god) for the best three of this week :D

• This week is the best husband. I would marry this MC. <3
    img2015081916075901654

I Don’t Like The World, I Only Like You

The night before we register our marriage I asked him, “When did you start liking me?”

He answered, “I don’t remember.”

“But, why me?”

“Why can’t it be you?”

“I am petty and I get jealous easily.”

“Me too.”

“I am afraid I do not deserve your love.”

“Me too.”

“I have never date before and I don’t know what love is.”

“I also don’t know what love is.”

He gently held my hand and said, “But I know, when I think of being
    with you for the rest of my life, I am filled with happiness.”

The 16 years old us shared a desk, the distance between our arms were
    10 centimeters apart and my peripheral view was always full of him.

Now, 26 years old, I wake up in the morning by his side, seeing his
    face being shined on by the sun, wanting to grow old together with him
    slowly.

Perhaps, this is what love is.

*t/n another new project for us. In between translating when he
    come, close you eye. This is a light-hearted and simple love story. No
    plot twist, just the daily life of a couple. I really like this story
    and I hope that the rest of you will like it as much as I do. That’s all
    for now and I appreciate all of your comments and support. Thank you! 

*disclaimer: this book doesn’t belong to me in anyway, qiao yi is the original author.

Here
  • The Wu Dong Qian Kun is my favorite this week as seal masters scenes are epic. Next week, I am looking forward to Elqueeness( aloof spirit king) and Third Prince Elmer ( Socially award Prince). Oh and of course more  WDQK as I been awaiting the seal master arc for awhile.

• edited October 2015
    AGAINTS THE GODS

MARTIAL GOD ASURA

Peerless Martial God

THE GREAT RULER

CHAOTIC SWORD GOD

I SHALL SEAL THE HEAVENS

TALES OF DEMONS AND GODS

Wu Dong Qian Kun

CLOSE COMBAT MAGE

Ze Tian Ji

Sendai Yuusha wa Inkyou Shitai

Legenday Thief
  • ISSTH is like reliving the full metal achemist days.
  • I've been stuck reading a LN translation called Aoi Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro. Not usually the type of story I read but it's caught me in it's grasp. Managed to make me tear up a little as well, which, from what I remember, only one other story managed to make me nearly cry.
  • I think this week must be dedicated to Tale of Demons and Gods, as I decided to reread it all this week.

At first I was thinking 'oh great, attack on titans turns into xianxia' but it is quite different and really really one of the best novels around ~ if people haven't read it, then I think they should :x
  • My story is up.
  • A close call this week with my renewed passion ISSTH, but I am salute off Third Prince Elmer as my favorite novel this week. It's sad, but it's been completely translated up to the raws. It was one of those stories you just don't forget.
  • edited November 2015
    Been reading this chinese novel: 混沌雷修 (no english translation yet. Google translate it as Chaos Thunder and I guess it's quite fitting)

Story: fat kid in a Taoist temple became orphaned at six. His parents were very strong members, but he has trash talent. In this world, you're talented if your body is more familiair with one of the 5 elements. However, this kid averages out in all 5.
    But his parents left him a little trinket and gong fat that actually needs it's wielder to average in all 5 elements.

I needed a novel where the MC is not a pure power-hungry martial genius who knows nothing but training. But also not a saint who goes doing good stuff, just for the sake of it.
    This fat kid is a pervert, weasel and vengeful person. His antics rivals AGT's Yun Che. 
    Example: girl and 2 enemies tries to rob him. He sets a plan for them to kill the males, rape the girl and enslaves her.
    martial uncle is angry at him and tries to steal his trinket, he sets up a plan and have the martial uncle exchange powerful magic items for the worthless outer hull of his trinket.

• edited November 2015
    ISSTH for this past week.

I was reminded of some valuable lessons about life. I think most important not to get lazy in ones craft. We only have some much time so must use all that we can honor and hone our craft. :)
  • edited November 2015
    ATG as always. No competition whatsoever.

I binge read 170 chapters of ISSTH because of how much everyone was raving over it, and frankly it was pretty shit. I'll still probably read it through to the end though just because of this damn xianxia addiction I've picked up.
  • pandaBee said:

I binge read 170 chapters of ISSTH because of how much everyone was raving over it, and frankly it was pretty shit. I'll still probably read it through to the end though just because of this damn xianxia addiction I've picked up.
    Curious, what makes you think that ISSTH is shit? IMO, it's easily one of the more well written pieces on here, I'd place it as the most well written one with a much more balanced MC.
  • I'm into japanese novels this week namely Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku , Arifureta and forsaken hero.
  • pandaBee said:

Curious, what makes you think that ISSTH is shit? IMO, it's easily one of the more well written pieces on here, I'd place it as the most well written one with a much more balanced MC.
    Well it's his opinion so don't force your own viewpoint into him. We all have different interest afterall.
  • edited November 2015

pandaBee said:

I finished reading all the TLed chapters today and I liked book 3. Book 2 was garbage. Book 1 was decent.
    Overall it's decent and I think it'll get better in the future, but book 2 really left a bad taste in my mouth.

A big complaint I have about the series is the fight scenes, I think er gen tries to make the fight scenes seem strange and exotic. In that regard he succeeds (not that it's a good thing) but the fights lack tension and a lot of the times they just don't feel very meaningful at all.

Book 2 just goes zonkers with all the dao shit (which is what I think he was trying to convey. I think). Random infodumps about strange legends that don't really make much sense, tons of symbolism that don't really make sense to me (maybe it's because i'm not chinese?) Meat jellies that turn into hats and won't stop talking, gigantic divine cauldrons that 'defy' the heavens, abtruse conspiracy plots that aren't explained very well in detail, etc. etc. 

Tldr; book 2 was a huge mess. The fight scenes are ass.

Also, people vomiting blood over everything all the time and still being 99% okay with it just gets old real fast. Is that the best you can do mr. author?
  • Coiling dragon
  • Lol people vomit blood for anything and everything in Xianxia...
  • Coiling Dragon, naturally. 

Also I just got started on BTTH and I really enjoyed it. So sad that I caught up already T.T 

• Lol people vomit blood for anything and everything in Xianxia...

Yes but in ISSTH it's especially bad. Ten times worse than anything else I've read.
  • pandaBee said:

Lol people vomit blood for anything and everything in Xianxia...

Yes but in ISSTH it's especially bad. Ten times worse than anything else I've read.

Would it better if they bled from all 7 apertures? :P
  • pandaBee said:

Lol people vomit blood for anything and everything in Xianxia...

Would it better if they bled from all 7 apertures? :P
    I liked it better when butts were being exploded.