Most overpowered MC of all time?

Comments

• Saitama is No Limits Fallacy personified.
  • Wait... what standard are we putting by "OP"?

Is it based on in their respective universes or based on how powerful they can become compared to other universes? Cause if so, we gotta realize that not all the different universes seem to follow the same laws of how battles and feats... so comparing them wouldn't work necessarily...

And are we only talking about Chinese novels or all forms of media?

But if it is based on their respective worlds and limited to Chinese novels... well, I stick to my old list.

If not, then Saitama... he's super strong and also a comic character, so his power has no limits and he can just beat everyone, cause that's what he's meant to do.
  • edited November 2016
    DMR said:
    Wait... what standard are we putting by "OP"?

Is it based on in their respective universes or based on how powerful they can become compared to other universes? Cause if so, we gotta realize that not all the different universes seem to follow the same laws of how battles and feats... so comparing them wouldn't work necessarily...

And are we only talking about Chinese novels or all forms of media?

But if it is based on their respective worlds and limited to Chinese novels... well, I stick to my old list.

If not, then Saitama... he's super strong and also a comic character, so his power has no limits and he can just beat everyone, cause that's what he's meant to do.
    "I don't mean the power of the MCs at the end of the novel. I am referring to their strength from the beginning till the end as they face their enemies. You know, jumping levels to destroy their opponents from the start of the novel." 

And I was talking just about novel characters, I don't know how it went to Saitama vs other various characters.
    http://imgur.com/4oMvfCs

• opils said:
    I have already made my point clear so I'm not going to bother writing more.... :/

Yea I get your point. Saitama can punch. That's it.
    When he's up against someone that he can't punch/nothing to punch, then he can only become its plaything.

vex said:
    Saitama is No Limits Fallacy personified.

Yep, I've met these guys plenty of times and they ain't gonna understand it from the perspective of a true vs thread. Just play by their own logic and beat them at it. So far, nobody I asked what can Saitama do in these kinda situation can even give me a straight answer. They'll either continue with made-up, nonsensical feats that Saitama has never shown or makes some excuse and walk away. That's clear enough concession for me.
  • Azureus said:
    "I don't mean the power of the MCs at the end of the novel. I am referring to their strength from the beginning till the end as they face their enemies. You know, jumping levels to destroy their opponents from the start of the novel." 

Then, yes, Yun Che would be most OP followed by Chu Feng and Tang San
  • saitama is easily the most over powered anime/comic hero/MC no mystery master just the power of the gods obtained through normal means. at the cost of his hair
    Creator of the Titan Sol series
    Read in original stories category.
  • For Chinese Novels I would say Yun Che(ATG) from the start, Meng Hao (Issth) in 2nd half, Qin Yu around the end.
  • Coruscan said:
    opils said:
    I have already made my point clear so I'm not going to bother writing more.... :/

Yea I get your point. Saitama can punch. That's it.
    When he's up against someone that he can't punch/nothing to punch, then he can only become its plaything.

vex said:
    Saitama is No Limits Fallacy personified.

Yep, I've met these guys plenty of times and they ain't gonna understand it from the perspective of a true vs thread. Just play by their own logic and beat them at it. So far, nobody I asked what can Saitama do in these kinda situation can even give me a straight answer. They'll either continue with made-up, nonsensical feats that Saitama has never shown or makes some excuse and walk away. That's clear enough concession for me.
    Alright okay yes you're right about the illusion trick. But you're also wrong he can't become it's plaything he will just purley destroy it and yes I mean purely destroy it. Remember how Boros could regenerate yet he still got destroyed. Same thing with the illusions or anything that isn't in true form, Saitama will just "purely" remove it from existance. And yes what vex said is right. (read my previous post for explanation) because it surely isn't made-up and nonsensical. Oh and further things about feats, I'm sure they are not needed the only things needed is how characters are portrayed and Saitama is portrayed to be unbeatable bald guy who can destroy anything....
    You are either on my side,
    By my side,
    Or in my FUCKING WAY!
          Choose wisely....
  • edited November 2016
    opils said:
    Alright okay yes you're right about the illusion trick.
    Illusion trick? When did I even mention something about illusion? It's all reality, because the guys I'm talking before are all Reality Warpers aka they're all able to reshape reality however they wished.

opils said:
    But you're also wrong he can't become it's plaything he will just purley destroy it and yes I mean purely destroy it. Remember how Boros could regenerate yet he still got destroyed. Same thing with the illusions or anything that isn't in true form, Saitama will just "purely" remove it from existance.

Boros can be defeated because he has a physical form. In fact, all of Saitama's opponent does. It's pretty clear that Saitama needs a direct physical contact in order to even injure something. Except there are plenty of people who doesn't only exist inside the physical realm (some lived inside the astral, some in spiritual, some in both).
    Like God Hand from Berserk for example. They have no physical form, they can conjure up a manifestation with physical presence but each of their true body resides inside different layers of the astral realm so it doesn't matter even if it's destroyed.
    There's also those who embodies a concept, like Night of Wallachia from Nasuverse who can draws power from the concept of fear and as long as fear itself exist, he can't be destroyed. Same as the Idea of Evil from Berserk who originated from the evil inside humanity itself. Unless humanity is destroyed or unless humanity can be somehow completely cleansed from evil, he will still exist.

This is also one of the point where Saitama can't do anything about. He obviously can't do anything to a concept (fear, evil, causality, gravity, time, distance, etc) and he's affected by them seeing as how he needed to check the gravity when he's on the moon in order to adjust his speed. He's affected by the concept of time and he's also affected by the concept of distance. Top tiered beings from Umineko have surpassed the concept of distance itself and it doesn't matter whether they're a few meters or lightyears apart.
    Anyway, since Saitama is still affected by concepts and he can't do anything to them, people like the Downstreamers from Manifold series can transmit influence back through time aka they can do anything they want when they're quadrillion years away from the future (The Downstreamers are a post-human civilization, the descendants of humanity who live some 10^117 years in the future). Or the Elder Gods from Demonbane can do basically the same with much greater power since any one of them are unbounded by mundane concepts such as change, time, causality, etc and is capable of infinite number of simultaneous attacks from every point in time.

Like I said, Saitama can't do anything when there's nothing to punch, he can't time travel quadrillion years into the future so he serves only to become a ragdoll.

opils said:
    And yes what vex said is right. (read my previous post for explanation) because it surely isn't made-up and nonsensical.
    So you agreed that Saitama being like that is NLF? Aka it's a fallacy?
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ProofByExamples
    http://topstrongest.wikia.com/wiki/No_Limits_Fallacy

opils said:
    Oh and further things about feats, I'm sure they are not needed the only things needed is how characters are portrayed and Saitama is portrayed to be unbeatable bald guy who can destroy anything....

If only portrayal is needed then Saitama will obviously get erased when he meets Featherine because she's the creator, author of many stories and she simply needed to will it for something to come true.

She has created a city filled with books/stories and each are filled with worlds.
    http://imgur.com/a/7pusJ
    http://imgur.com/a/GC2jh
    http://imgur.com/xrbiJgq

She basically goes "f*ck you I'm the author" on Lambdadelta and erases her from the story.
    http://imgur.com/a/bQr57

She's being portrayed as an omnipotent, all-powerful being that can casually erase a multiversal being with her thoughts alone. Far more casual than Saitama ever did to defeat his opponents. She's portrayed as the creator and author, so all she said goes. This is backed by official description of her character in the source material and by the author himself. Or are you implying that portrayal of character is more important than canon material and author statement?
    She can just create a mosquito with unlimited stamina and it'll annoy Saitama to death.
    On that note, Ji Ning turns into a mosquito with Eight-Nine Arcane Art and do just that. GG Saitama.
  • Coruscan 

I admire and respect you so much for knowing all things from anime/manga/novels/comics.
    I mean don't get me wrong I genuinely mean it.
    You have made pretty good points. Looks like Saitama can be defeated in a very few ways. 
    But still if he encounters anything he can punch... R.I.P.
    You are either on my side,
    By my side,
    Or in my FUCKING WAY!
          Choose wisely....
  • edited November 2016
    @Coruscan; That is some hardcore reasoning there. Just to remind you guys again.. 
    https://imgflip.com/i/1f091x

Some hardcore debate about two novel characters would be way better. Saitama vs other character debates are too old/outdated now
  • edited November 2016
    opils said:
    Coruscan 

I admire and respect you so much for knowing all things from anime/manga/novels/comics.
    I mean don't get me wrong I genuinely mean it.
    You have made pretty good points. Looks like Saitama can be defeated in a very few ways. 
    But still if he encounters anything he can punch... R.I.P.
    Well, thx, you're not bad yourself since you don't go into denial route.
    And yea there are plenty of characters with broken abilities out there, OPM is similar with Dragon Ball in that most of the characters relied on raw physical strength. Even psychic users like Tatsumaki ended up using her power to toss huge rubbles to fight. They don't have countermeasures against people with broken abilities.

Also, I should add that even though Saitama can punch people, some of them may have broken abilities in regards to survival that's much more superior than Boros. Some of them are Arcueid Brunestud from Nasuverse who can regenerate via time reversal even if you somehow managed to completely destroy or seal her body, she can just exist as a disembodied consciousness and created a new body; Wolfgang Schreiberfrom Dies Irae can surpassed the concept of time itself, he misaligned it and existed seconds into the future so even if he's killed, because of the misaligned time, his death is negated; Former Crimson King from Samurai Deeper Kyo is able to open a spatial tunnel on his body and he can connect it to anything else including his opponent's body, if they attack him, the attack will only transfer to them; Virgo Shaka from Saint Seiya can revive himself after he awakened his eight cosmo, and other crazy people with broken abilities.
    Saitama at best can only stalemate them, while they have various versatile abilities like Former Crimson King has the ability called Candle Dimension. It's a dimension filled with candles that represents the life of every living beings, if the light on the candle is put off, that person's life ended. If FCK blow off Saitama's candle, he's dead. There's also Virgo Shaka's Tenbu Horin, Shaka can deprive and wipe Saitama's 5 senses and the main functions of his brain with that technique, turning him into a living corpse.
  • "Broken abilities"
    Dudee, FCK from SDK? How can you forget him?
  • "Broken abilities"
    SDK? What's that?
  • "Broken abilities"
    lol I honestly forgot about this series, it's been a long long time since I finished reading it.
    Added.

Azureus said:
    "Broken abilities"
    SDK? What's that?

Short for Samurai Deeper Kyo manga.
  • Coruscan said:
    Azureus said:
    "Broken abilities"
    SDK? What's that?

Is it good?
  • edited November 2016
    Azureus said:
    Coruscan said:
    Azureus said:
    SDK? What's that?

Is it good?
    Well, if you like an anti-hero 'jerk with the heart of gold' MC, samurai, ancient japanese period (Nobunaga Oda, Yukimura Sanada, etc) with a supernatural twist on it, and fanservice; then you might like it. The downsides for me is the plot gets a bit complicated in the middle and a bit of shoujo-ish feel sometimes from the art and characters (makes sense since the author is female) though that's only a personal preference.
    Aside from that, it's an entertaining action manga with lots of comedic moments.

The author is the one who wrote Code:Breaker though I heard that the ending was disappointing (SDK's ending was pretty good tho).
  • Coruscan said:
    Azureus said:
    Coruscan said:
    Azureus said:
    SDK? What's that?

Is it good?
    Well, if you like an anti-hero 'jerk with the heart of gold' MC, samurai, ancient japanese period (Nobunaga Oda, Yukimura Sanada, etc) with a supernatural twist on it, and fanservice; then you might like it. The downsides for me is the plot gets a bit complicated in the middle and a bit of shoujo-ish feel sometimes from the art and characters (makes sense since the author is female) though that's only a personal preference.
    Aside from that, it's an entertaining action manga with lots of comedic moments.

The author is the one who wrote Code:Breaker though I heard that the ending was disappointing (SDK's ending was pretty good tho).
    Not my cup of tea, guess I'll pass. Thanks.
  • Azureus said:
    "Broken abilities"
    SDK? What's that?
    Maybe Software Development Kit...Just kidding.XD.
  • DMR said:
    For Chinese novels, I'd say Yun Che would be most OP.

He's fighting people several realms above his own, and each realm has like 10 levels.

IET's characters grow fast, and they do get strong, but they all follow the leveling system of their world, and if you actually consider their levels compared to others, they ain't that OP.

Linley as an example. As a god, he beat a high-god, but that was cause of his mastery in the law fusions and innate abilities. And in CD world, cultivation has 3 parts, from body (his was stronger than normal), law's understanding/fusing, and actual rank.

Linley had an advantage in 2 areas compared to most high-gods, so he was technically just following his level, it's just that the physical body and laws can't be sensed.

And IET's other works are pretty similar (though DE actually does show the level of the body).

ISSTH actually had Meng Hao beat people of higher levels but even then, it isn't as exaggerated as Yun Che who at the Emperor Profound realm had power/body/speed was equal to Sovereign.

He jumps levels way too much to the point that it makes no sense to everyone.

Emperor Profound seems to be the average elite on the continent while Sovereign is the peak. Yun Che, at the average level is able to match those at the peak....

And I'd give 2nd place to Tang San from Douluo Dalu cause his Spirit Ring's broke logic and he was able to fight Spirit Douluo while only at level 60 and at level 70, while an elite, he had the ability to at least fight Title Douluo when normally, it should be a curb-stomping battle between them.
    Man... Li qiye Cultivate soaring imortal physique so before yun che can use hong'er yun che is already a meat paste and he also cultivate death scripture so he immune to all unnatural deaths and also Li Qiye cultivate void imperfection physique thet make him immune to all tecniques ...!
  • For Chinese Novels I would say Yun Che(ATG) from the start, Meng Hao (Issth) in 2nd half, Qin Yu around the end.
    Man... LiQiye Cultivate soaring immortal physique that make move so fast even time itself can't stop so before yun che can make his move he already dead before he knoew it..!! 
  • As far as I know, Linley and Qin Yu are the strongest (Has millions to billions of Universes and can destroy them)
    Then should be Ji Ning then Li Qiye then Meng Hao

I only know MH, QY, and Linley but have heard of the other 2's feats

Spoilers, be warned (Invincible)
    I heard that the higher realm characters of Invincible can contain Universes inside their body and the MCs fathers body contains everything in the world that theyre in.
    If you think about it, that should be able to rival Linley and Qin Yu.

I dont really know any other novels that are OP in terms of Destructive Capacity or Hax but I know Ren Tianyou is Planet level with haxes
    http://animevice.boards.net/thread/11005/tianyou-battle-profile-respect-thread
  • Li Qi ye is the most Op no doubt about it, 
    Yun Che is second on the list , he can skip almost 2 realms
    then there is Lin ming and Yi Yun they can skip at least one realm
    Then there are a bunch who are considered Op in their respective universe breaking common sense there such as Ning Fan and Huang Xiaolong 
  • Saitama vs Arale (Dragon ball)
     I am not the messiah who will save the useless. Go look for him elsewhere. 
    Bae Doochi
  • This this thread and it’s replies are quite laughable, but for the sake of my amusement, I will reply with who I think is the most powerful main character, at the beginning of the story, only including main characters from eastern novels, of course.
    In my opinion, it would have to be Li Qiye. After all, his feats during the eras and generations have been endless. Immortal Emperors, which are supposed to be existences at the apex, are nothing but juniors in his eyes.
    Furthermore, if you read more of the story, you will only become more amazed at his feats and capabilities. 
    Not too mention, which other character dares to say ”Nothing is impossible, because I am Li Qiye!”?

I, who plundered the principles of domination from God. 

I, who laughs at the “infinite” and grieves at the dream. 

• Vexram said:
    @viole1369

i can see that you like xianxia a lot. but that doesn't mean that other genre's are that weak. if we just go with what we currently know about saitama (and not count the fact that he's more invincible than superman), saitama has shown abilities that match up with at least mid level shangxian(spelling?) and that's not even him pushing himself. hell, he table flipped and ENTIRE MOUNTAIN!!!! not only that but he threw it so high that he was able to battle garou for an unspecified time in the air. oh and don't forget that he was just casually doing it. he wasn't pushing himself.

so to say that saitama can be pinched to death by people that weak. it'd be more like he's the one pinching them to death.

oh and just to remind people, saitama's character is a parody of the strongest characters. he is basically designed to be unbeatable from the start. this means that he is the most OP of characters. of course xianxia gets crazy with their endgame so that's why i don't bother with characters outside it. it's also surprising that people named saitama (probably as a joke) and goku as well (fanboys continuing the fight of sai vs goku) but nobody has touched the US heroes like superman, hulk, thor, ect.

and as for Li Qiye, i put him on the same level as Yun Che, in other words plot armor's the only thing that keeps him alive rather than his own ability. and sure he's OP but that's only because the author has to hyper-scale him to keep up with his suicide attempts. (not to say the story's bad, the fact that the author manages to put all that bullshit together without massive plot-holes is a talent itself.)

Can saitama summon suns. i guess noy
  • This this thread and it’s replies are quite laughable, but for the sake of my amusement, I will reply with who I think is the most powerful main character, at the beginning of the story, only including main characters from eastern novels, of course.
    In my opinion, it would have to be Li Qiye. After all, his feats during the eras and generations have been endless. Immortal Emperors, which are supposed to be existences at the apex, are nothing but juniors in his eyes.
    Furthermore, if you read more of the story, you will only become more amazed at his feats and capabilities. 
    Not too mention, which other character dares to say ”Nothing is impossible, because I am Li Qiye!”?
    Iam agree...
  • the strongest MC would have to be the dude from ultimate scheming system because that novel is broken.  for anyone who hasn't read it, the MC gets "act tough points" from a cheat system by you guessed it, acting tough in front of others.  now the OP part is he can buy literally anything with act tough points.  in fact he buys the flame sword attack that the MC from battle through the heavens uses and instantly has perfect mastery over it.  

basically he acts tough and bluffs all day, then buys things like moves from other MC's and real world items like excavators 
  • edited July 2019
    DMR said:
    For Chinese novels, I'd say Yun Che would be most OP.

He's fighting people several realms above his own, and each realm has like 10 levels.

IET's characters grow fast, and they do get strong, but they all follow the leveling system of their world, and if you actually consider their levels compared to others, they ain't that OP.

Linley as an example. As a god, he beat a high-god, but that was cause of his mastery in the law fusions and innate abilities. And in CD world, cultivation has 3 parts, from body (his was stronger than normal), law's understanding/fusing, and actual rank.

Linley had an advantage in 2 areas compared to most high-gods, so he was technically just following his level, it's just that the physical body and laws can't be sensed.

And IET's other works are pretty similar (though DE actually does show the level of the body).

ISSTH actually had Meng Hao beat people of higher levels but even then, it isn't as exaggerated as Yun Che who at the Emperor Profound realm had power/body/speed was equal to Sovereign.

He jumps levels way too much to the point that it makes no sense to everyone.

Emperor Profound seems to be the average elite on the continent while Sovereign is the peak. Yun Che, at the average level is able to match those at the peak....

And I'd give 2nd place to Tang San from Douluo Dalu cause his Spirit Ring's broke logic and he was able to fight Spirit Douluo while only at level 60 and at level 70, while an elite, he had the ability to at least fight Title Douluo when normally, it should be a curb-stomping battle between them.
    I haven't read ATG yet but from my experience, most stories that have M.C leapfrog so much realms usually the differences between those realms aren't to huge and they would add lots of small steps like 1-9 etc. I recall reading quite a few novels (they aren't translated yet) where main characters would leapfrog for example they may be at ground level 1 and they leapfrog pass 1-9 ground level ether stop at sky level 5 are be even more ridiculous and skip 2 whole realms and go to heaven realm. as they get closer to the apex most author will begin to tone it down to the point where they can only fight a small realm higher (if they are an early so and so they can only fight on par with a Mid so and so).they always justified this by saying the difference between a small realm in this realm is bigger than the difference between the first realm - 5 or something even more ridiculous. So my point is at the end of the day it all comes down to the power difference of each realm and how the creator scale it  

But logically speaking Li Qiye is the most overpower even at the begin of ED I bet he had the power to kill an immortal if he needed to don't forget even as a crow he couldn't practice at all but he was fear and overpower from then even if he becomes a mortal his dao heart alone is enough to steam roll anyone. He's the most broken character I've ever seen and the only character I can't gauge his limits that well the only thing I know is that being the last boss may just be the only threat he can't face for sure 
  • viole1369 said:
    lol
    saitama > Superman

Just shows your knowledge and fanboi wanking of OPM
    Peak Superman versions are only below Omnipotents and at levels of Multiple Universe tier destruction level

Saitama fuckin highest feat isnt even  beyond planet level yet
    And no based on its parody = Wanking and fanboying over a character , if parody = strongest , Saitama should get in a line because few dozens parody char exist that basically never lose in their verses.
    If you compare to verses characters, You do it based on CURRENT FEATS not bullshit of but muh saitama is parody char, he cant be beaten
    if that's your argument, Don;t even waste my time by tagging me.

Plot armor for li qi ye? Not own ability? I take it you haven't read ED till date or you were smoking something. Considering MC is having unmatched abilities in series without comparison .

As to why causal ED verse can pinch saitama to death
    Earth Diameter - 12,742 km aka 20~ Thousand Li.

Casual fuckin mountain in ED is bigger then that and their cultivators laws continuously shit out stars and suns and even galaxies , which are far more then anything even shown in whole OPM verse.
    I like xianxia sure, And I have read 400+ Manga's , I know how fights work.

Next time want to argue about saitama, bring facts not baseless crap about parody
    I wouldn't go as far as to say anyone from there universe can beat other stories genius. if you try o describe their ability with there damage radius then they wouldn't even be as powerful as Ji Ming from DE or any other IET work there are many stories where universe aren't even the max and you can go beyond to an omniverse and even universe can get casually deestroy just by a scuffle