Martial World

Comments

• The only thing that I really think is BS is the author discarding all the laws and stuff in the end of the novel for asura stuff and sacred scripture. I mean this seriously pissed me off...why the hell in such a rich universe for him to work his story he would simply ignore one of the most awesome things? 13 levels on the fire laws and we will probably get to know 6-7 at most, LM is always creating new attack techniques and saying that a self created move always surpass those learned from somewhere else because it fits u the best...and yet hasn't for instance created a movement technique. His golden rock shatering the void is still on the same level because he never used time for the wind laws for instance and I mean, he doesn't need that much with his huge perception to learn just a little more on the wind laws and fusing the wind laws, space laws and thunder laws to create his own movement technique. Just like this there are countless things we could have from laws, and yet...all thrown in the garbage for what?

I really like this novel and I think the author did a really good job in the creation of this universe in which MW's story occurs, however he lost himself in the story after some time and couldn't tie the loose knots or even keep the same flown, he just choose an easy way to finish it and not in a nice way  :'( :'(

Besides, this is something that I'm beggining to realize as being a pattern for novels, awesome start, not so nice ending when it's not dropped like CW normally does.

And answering @praphethat222 Yes, Sheng Mei as far as I know also has ice phoenix bloodline.
  • because going past world king is not really a feasable objective even if u have a top empyrean backing u up
  • So, is it not possible in divine realm to reach beyond world king to the realms in between WK and Empyrean?
  • Didn't Sheng Mei have the bloodline of a Ice Phoenix as well?
    I can't remember if she herself has the bloodline, but she does have an actual Ice Phoenix as a mount.
    Stark said:
    Can someone please tell me what’s with the author’s obsession with world king and when it’s going to end.
    It's mainly the tournament.
    JackJames said:
    and yet hasn't for instance created a movement technique.
    Movement techniques completely fade out.
    Stark said:
    So, is it not possible in divine realm to reach beyond world king to the realms in between WK and Empyrean?
    (World King - Great World King - Half-Step Empyrean) - Empyrean - True God - Beyond True God.

In the divine Realm, its possible for only the greatest of the greatest of the greatest to reach True God, very very few reach Empyrean. There's probably at least several thousand World Kings in the Divine Realm, at least 3000 Great World Kings. As for Empyreans, there's around 100 for the human race. Somewhere around a dozen for the monster race. Not many others, and no True Gods in the past 3.6 billion years.
  • Stark said:
    So, is it not possible in divine realm to reach beyond world king to the realms in between WK and Empyrean?
    it is possible but if u consider that there are only several hundred world kings among the hundreds of trillians of population u can just see the odds. most people don't even know how to become an empyrean
  • Stark said:
    (World King - Great World King - Half-Step Empyrean) - Empyrean - True God - Beyond True God.

In the divine Realm, its possible for only the greatest of the greatest of the greatest to reach True God, very very few reach Empyrean. There's probably at least several thousand World Kings in the Divine Realm, at least 3000 Great World Kings. As for Empyreans, there's around 100 for the human race. Somewhere around a dozen for the monster race. Not many others, and no True Gods in the past 3.6 billion years.
    So, what about the realms in between WK and Empyrean.
  • There's no realm between those.
  • What about the Ten Thousand Demons Life and Death Wheel? People keep popping up this thing and can someone give an extensive review of this thank you :)
  • Just a curiosity but, When LM creates the Human Emperor World, is it mentioned if the APC goes there and have their heardquartes in his Human Emperor World?
  • Nope, APC is never mentioned after I believe 5th reincarnation.
  • does beyond true god make you immortal?
  • dasbones said:
    does beyond true god make you immortal?
    No, but your lifespan is billions of years.
  • edited October 2017
    @ExaltedSoul
    At the end do we know what LMs other 2 wives cultivations are cause 3rd and 4th are both true god.
    Also does it ever explain how he is gonna keep them alive cause I know their talents are far from good or do they not get mentioned at all in the 200,000 year time skip.
  • edited October 2017
    The last time their cultivation gets mentioned, they're peak Divine Lords. It's said with enough heavenly treasures, they could break threw to Holy Lord. The 200,000 years later epilogue chapters have no mention of them. In fact, they're completely absent from the last dozens of chapters iirc.

The ending is very very bad. It's literally, kills main bad guy, uses cube to adsorb soul, views the memories of main bad guy when Sheng Mei goes to the other world, the end. Then there's two epilogue chapters that basically suck.
  • Kanishak said:
    What is next arc?
    The next major arc is the Asura Road. A few mini arcs take place in between.
    Lel, the Divine Inscription arc took alot of time to finish with atleast 55 years of time lapse and boring dialogues but the only thing that made me marvel at the authors thoughts is that he isn't biased of s*x in novels especially about his mc....Like wtf is 50 years of dual cultivaton and preggers 30 years after, hahaha
  • Well, the pregnancy isn't suppose to happen, because Xiao Moxian isn't human.

However, another thing that gets made clear later on is, male cultivators can apparently shoot blanks at will. Which is why his first two wives didn't get pregnant. However, he didn't do that with Xiao Moxian because it was suppose to be a 1 in trillion billion chance, so they figured it wouldn't happen.

O, fun fact, Lin Ming obtains a Transcendent Divine Might duel cultivation technique, which is what he and Xiao Moxian use to "cultivate".
  • This is something that I never understood...how the hell did xiao moxian and LM met later on? Were they adventuring together or something? Met by accident? What exactly happened that they end up being together in some dangerous situation?
  • JackJames said:
    This is something that I never understood...how the hell did xiao moxian and LM met later on? Were they adventuring together or something? Met by accident? What exactly happened that they end up being together in some dangerous situation?
    The Asura Road is basically divided into 2 areas, the outer area and the main area. When you enter normally, you're in the outer area. There are cities in the outer area where people live ruled by a city lord(World King lvl cultivator). Every city in the entire Asura Road has a place where people can go to get duties(missions), They're trials of the Asura Road, you complete them, you get a rune. Lin Ming does a test to see if he can get a reward or a badge, the badge gives you a mission. He does extremely well, earning both a badge and an extremely rare reward. The city lords people try to rob him basically, he escapes, they can't track him. While he's headed to the place that he needs to go for his mission, he see's people fighting, it's Xiao Moxian fighting multiple people. She's in the same situation as Lin Ming, just went to a different city. She had a World King lvl guardian who fought the city lord while she escaped, but was chased by tons of that city lords people. Lin Ming saves her, while disguised. They start to travel together under her assistance, because he reminds her of Lin Ming.
  • JackJames said:
    This is something that I never understood...how the hell did xiao moxian and LM met later on? Were they adventuring together or something? Met by accident? What exactly happened that they end up being together in some dangerous situation?
    The Asura Road is basically divided into 2 areas, the outer area and the main area. When you enter normally, you're in the outer area. There are cities in the outer area where people live ruled by a city lord(World King lvl cultivator). Every city in the entire Asura Road has a place where people can go to get duties(missions), They're trials of the Asura Road, you complete them, you get a rune. Lin Ming does a test to see if he can get a reward or a badge, the badge gives you a mission. He does extremely well, earning both a badge and an extremely rare reward. The city lords people try to rob him basically, he escapes, they can't track him. While he's headed to the place that he needs to go for his mission, he see's people fighting, it's Xiao Moxian fighting multiple people. She's in the same situation as Lin Ming, just went to a different city. She had a World King lvl guardian who fought the city lord while she escaped, but was chased by tons of that city lords people. Lin Ming saves her, while disguised. They start to travel together under her assistance, because he reminds her of Lin Ming.
    'Heavenly Bliss'( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • JackJames said:
    Lol this looks like an rpg idea basically, guess many chinese and korean novels/manhwas use this in the end xD
  • The best is when the finally do it. They do it when Tian Mingzi is trying to kill them, Lin Ming is trying to break threw Dao Palace Nine Stars, Xiao Moxian's primordial yin helps him break threw. Very cliche.
  • Lol we have a lot of chapters until that I guess right? Since LM only reaches Dao Palace Nine Stars at Divine Lord realm I guess. However I don't know why the author used Tian Mingzi so soon I mean having LM killing him and destroying him and his sect would be incredibly more awesome than Divine Dream beating the asshole =/
    But this asura road arc seems to be actually one of the best in the novel, or not at all? Because people said the Tournament arc wouldn't be that fun but at least for now I'm enjoying a lot, althought Vast Universe's opinion towards LM kind let me a little bit unhappy with the dude lmao
  • The asura arc specifically the divine inscription arc is more like a build up part like early chapters in a novel and focuses more on how he beats his foes without killing them...Before the final trial started, just like ISSTH mc 
  • Wait wait wait...he will begin to beat people without killing them but just simples defeating? No slaughters anymore?  :'(
  • No, he still kills people all the time. I don't see the whole "focuses on how he beats his foes without killing them"

If I were to describe the Divine Inscription arc, I would say "A dragged out arc where the mc does very boring training with a boring skill in order to earn rare resources to further his cultivation."

As for what arc is the best, imo, is the earlier part of the novel, up until Divine Kingdoms arc. After that it hits a downward slope and never really changes until it hits rock bottom with the bad ending. The Asura Road arc has some enjoyable moments because of Xiao Moxian. The worst arc, imo, would be the soul realm arc and basically anything to do with Sheng Mei.
  • No, he still kills people all the time. I don't see the whole "focuses on how he beats his foes without killing them"

If I were to describe the Divine Inscription arc, I would say "A dragged out arc where the mc does very boring training with a boring skill in order to earn rare resources to further his cultivation."

As for what arc is the best, imo, is the earlier part of the novel, up until Divine Kingdoms arc. After that it hits a downward slope and never really changes until it hits rock bottom with the bad ending. The Asura Road arc has some enjoyable moments because of Xiao Moxian. The worst arc, imo, would be the soul realm arc and basically anything to do with Sheng Mei.
    Let's rephrase it then, "Beating them like by outwitting them even in the presence of race pressure and what-not along with the build up", since he wanted to be 'low-key' but in the end he needed to bear the burden of having a secret cause of incredible talent without facing them in battle but through ellaborate schemes and courage, just think about it...
  • Soul Realm for me was quite sped up since I think at the time, the author might have already lost any new material to present in the novel, ending up destroying a very good later part...The author wanted a war but ended in shitty confrontation, stupid dialogues that was supposed to be expected as an amazing build up and cool fight scene with atleast 10 chapters each fight scenes but.... WTH that was it
  • Who did he defeat outside of a battle by using an elaborate scheme ? The divine inscription arc, he killed people for their memories, then set in a room making inscriptions to be sold. I can't remember any plots.
  • Guess this is the fate of 90% of the novels, authors create a very rich universe but has no idea what to do later on, it's like they plan 1000 chapters, but the novel end up having more than 2000-3000 chapters and after the first thousand, everything is improvised =/
  • edited November 2017
    Anyone here knows who Dragon Fang is, if he is the pure yang sword owner in TMW? And as to who were those Eight Godly Monarchs? Also who is Bai Yueyin?