Music thread

Alright, so since there was a gaming thread, I figured that we needed a music thread as well. So what does everyone else listen to?

I usually listen to metal, industrial metal and I don't really know what genre Celldweller and Blue Stahli fit under, but I listen to them as well.

Comments

• I usually end up listening to electronic music. I find that it helps me focus on what i'm doing.

Favorite sub genres are:
    House
    Dubstep
    Drumstep 
  • I don't listen to dubstep very often. I think you might like Celldweller though. If you look him up on youtube, he has some pretty good songs, and if you don't like the ones with lyrics, I'm certain that there's instrumental versions up somewhere.
  • I personally like Future bass and electronic. Sometimes the classicals like, Mozart, Beethoven, and kinda Chopin.
  • Little bit of everything myself, though not a huge fan of dubstep or rap, I can palate some of them. Rock holds a special place for me though which is why I like this new band The Struts. Their sound is really throwback to old rock. Anthem chorus' and the like. Good stuff.
  • Ehh I listen to a bit of everything as well. But its usually either Nightcore or pieces composed by Thomas Bergersen (Two Steps from Hell).
  • Dubstep
    Trap

Sometimes gangsta Rap

Sometimes Classical

And sometimes Epic Instrumental

That wasn't supposed to rhyme and I totally did not sit here for like 30 seconds trying to make it rhyme. Plus I was typing the truth anyway :)
  • edited July 2015
    I like metal. 
    That heavy guitar at 1:36 <3
  • doubledd said:

I like metal. 

That heavy guitar at 1:36 <3
    What kind of bands do you normally listen to? Have you listened to All That Remains, Killswitch Engage or As I Lay Dying?
  • Aside from whatever gets published through Monstercat, I haven't been keeping up with English music much. My friends and I got really into the Japanese Indie scene and it sorta stuck to me. 
  • Generally, I listen to everything but mainly rock and metal. 
    This song is really good :D
  • edited August 2015
    Does anyone listen to All That Remains?

• Pretty much anything apart from rap, don't really like rap.
    I guess the genres I listen to most would be classic rock and hard rock.
  • Erm. Nightcore and Emotional/Classical/Epic Instrumental for me, and a little bit of nightstep.

Also some metal, pop, and a little bit of rock...

Idk.. I guess I'm more of one of the all-around music listeners. (Except for rap. I can't stand rap.)
  • Erm. Nightcore and Emotional/Classical/Epic Instrumental for me, and a little bit of nightstep.

Idk.. I guess I'm more of one of the all-around music listeners. (Except for rap. I can't stand rap.)
    Here, try listening to this. It's an orchestral remix of one of my favorite songs from this band.

• I like everything really. My favorite would be hot jazz, ska, punk, and electronic. Lately I've really been into dubstep and brostep. When I translate, I like to listen to music that matches the mood of what I'm translating, and also doesn't have lyrics (which distract me). My favorite artist recently is Excision, not really sure why.
  • edited October 2015

Erm. Nightcore and Emotional/Classical/Epic Instrumental for me, and a little bit of nightstep.

Here, try listening to this. It's an orchestral remix of one of my favorite songs from this band.

Thanks for sharing, Ark! Enjoyed it greatly :D
  • edited October 2015
    Have some POWER-METAL

And some more

My favorites are: Slipknot, Celldweller, Disturbed, Nightwish, System of a Down, and a couple JROCK songs :3
  • I'm not sure if anyone is interested in industrial metal, but give this a shot as I think the song is pretty epic

• I enjoy rock from Evanescence to Distrubed. I, however, dislike country.
  • I am quite pleased that there is pentakill in this topic. Smite and ignite is pretty solid.
  • edited October 2015
    I am quite pleased that there is pentakill in this topic. Smite and ignite is pretty solid.
    Glad you like it :D

And a grain of sadness

• Oh my, my music taste is quite different, so thought I would be a complete abnormally and link my favourite bands.

The Beatles. Nothing will ever beat them.
    Jimi Hendrix. Remember the first time I learned how to play Purple Haze. Made me incredibly proud. 
    Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, ELO, Billy Joel, Queen, Pixies. Music like that is always great.

Not saying that I only like old music, I do enjoy some younger bands such as
    Kasabian
    Ed Sheeran
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    Scissor Sisters

Dunno if it really matters what kind of music I like, but here goes anyway, I just felt like sharing it ~ 
  • edited October 2015
    I like jpop/jrock, but when I'm reading xianxia I like to hear wuxia-ish music to get into it, so I hear chinese/taiwanese music then.

• Does anyone know of any electronic music that is asian themed? I mean, music that uses traditional instruments like erhu, pipa, guzheng?
  • this is what i started listening every time I read, I would listen this type of music XD 
  • I pretty much listen to anything, genres dont really limit it I have favorites here and there from Disturbed to Vocaloid to Two steps from Hell, Fall Out Boy, Hollywood Undead, Van Canto to name a few. Depends on my mood really.