Please Give Some Help.I need Advice

So,I have been planing to learn chinese,As for My motivation ? just being able read webnovels. Some people might think it's insufficent since chinese is a very difficult language and if my motivation is ''Just being able to read some webnovels'' I will lose it in half-way,But I do not think so ,that's how I learned english,just to be able to read books.

let's get the topic. As I said I want to learn chinese but I do not even know Where should I start !! since my main purpose is being able to read books,My main focus will be 'reading and listening' skills.

Should I study in internet ? if I should, on which site ??  or are there any book you would recommend to learn chinese, Should I start a course ?

Any advise would be good,Thanks in advence and sorry for grammar mistakes as I said english is not my mother language.

Comments

• What is your mother language ?

"Change is not always growth, but growth is often rooted in change."

Drizzt Do'Urden
  • What is your mother language ?

Turkish.
  • read novel is good , I learnt english reading Harry Potter at first. You can read the 封神榜,三国演义,隋唐演义,说岳全传,or all work of the author 金庸
  • bigmelon said:
    read novel is good , I learnt english reading Harry Potter at first. You can read the 封神榜,三国演义,隋唐演义,说岳全传,or all work of the author 金庸

I dont think this is a good idea, they are all hard to understand, even the morden version. Unlike Harry Potter which is writen for kids, their original version are written in ancient times(Except 金庸), and  translated to morden languages(like shakespere).
    Honestly, the web novel are very easy understand lines for Chinese. I mean the grammar and structure, not jorgans.

So,I have been planing to learn chinese,As for My motivation ? just being able read webnovels. Some people might think it's insufficent since chinese is a very difficult language and if my motivation is ''Just being able to read some webnovels'' I will lose it in half-way,But I do not think so ,that's how I learned english,just to be able to read books.

let's get the topic. As I said I want to learn chinese but I do not even know Where should I start !! since my main purpose is being able to read books,My main focus will be 'reading and listening' skills.

Should I study in internet ? if I should, on which site ??  or are there any book you would recommend to learn chinese, Should I start a course ?

Any advise would be good,Thanks in advence and sorry for grammar mistakes as I said english is not my mother language.

I am not agree with the reading and listening part. Unlike most languages in works, Chinese language and writing language has a different relationship. The written system are not based on pronouncation. The change of pronouncation wont influence the spell of English, but it wont work on Chinese. Indeed the writing system changes much slower than other languages.
    You should work on reading and writing indeed, if you just want to read books and need not to speak with others.

As for learning, Chinese is my mother language, I am not sure how foreigners lean it.