True Martial World spoilerz?

Comments

• edited August 2017
    the novel is losing it's cohesion. the arcs literally feel like they have no relation whatsoever 
    true plus we aren't getting any hints to any big time villians just some small sects he can beat. the only thing big bad guy i can think of is the one who got cut into 12 pieces and was sealed away in 12 small worlds.and we don't even know the levels after divine lords(i think their might be divine emperor might be wrong)
  • fugi123 said:
    the novel is losing it's cohesion. the arcs literally feel like they have no relation whatsoever 
    true plus we aren't getting any hints to any big time villians just some small sects he can beat. the only thing big bad guy i can think of is the one who got cut into 12 pieces and was sealed away in 12 small worlds.and we don't even know the levels after divine lords(i think their might be divine emperor might be wrong)
    Azure Yang Lord's wife and whoever is behind her. 
  • I'm liking the novel pacing right now and current arc.  Kind of sucks that Clarity Sword Sect is extremely weak, even after being praised as a strong.sect.  Yi Yun came back strong enough to become sect leader lmao.

Just hope the storylines match up, because author is going everywhere.  
  • edited September 2017
    That would be a waste if YY stayed in CSS. He can one shot everyone in the sect, and the sect is frankly garbage; it's mid/high Low Tier at best.
  • Erbrah said:
    I'm liking the novel pacing right now and current arc.  Kind of sucks that Clarity Sword Sect is extremely weak, even after being praised as a strong.sect.  Yi Yun came back strong enough to become sect leader lmao.

Just hope the storylines match up, because author is going everywhere.  
    he came back strong enough to be called ancestor xD
  •  MC finds treasure, gains just enough strength to solve current issue. Storyline goes as follows. MC is weak or trash. MC gains something OP. Author writes the MC into a corner and there is always a treasure around when he needs it to solve current problem. The answer to almost any issues is another treasure. Of course the treasure has to be life threatening to gain. If he wants to make side characters relevant, bring a treasure that can make the side characters shoot multiple realms up. *cough* *cough* Mars.

I skip all the fighting because it is predictable that if a treasure is involved, the MC will gain it. He will create a new enemy in the process. So I read for character development and that is where the disappointment comes in. Females tend to regress. From going to being independent to relying on the MC to solve their issues. Instead of making the heroine grow in her own right, the author shows what a man the MC is and how the heroine is powerless without him. Plus, all the females must be virgins that has never loved another man until the MC comes along. It is like their life does not begin without the MC around. Look at most novels, females will tend to never loved another man ever. Her first love and only love is the MC.
  •  MC finds treasure, gains just enough strength to solve current issue. Storyline goes as follows. MC is weak or trash. MC gains something OP. Author writes the MC into a corner and there is always a treasure around when he needs it to solve current problem. The answer to almost any issues is another treasure. Of course the treasure has to be life threatening to gain. If he wants to make side characters relevant, bring a treasure that can make the side characters shoot multiple realms up. *cough* *cough* Mars.

I skip all the fighting because it is predictable that if a treasure is involved, the MC will gain it. He will create a new enemy in the process. So I read for character development and that is where the disappointment comes in. Females tend to regress. From going to being independent to relying on the MC to solve their issues. Instead of making the heroine grow in her own right, the author shows what a man the MC is and how the heroine is powerless without him. Plus, all the females must be virgins that has never loved another man until the MC comes along. It is like their life does not begin without the MC around. Look at most novels, females will tend to never loved another man ever. Her first love and only love is the MC.
    That's like every story?  Give or take some women with kids too.

These novels play towards male demographic.  Can't believe this is a complaint lmao.
  • Unless it's centered on romance or a female MC, it will always follow the general Xianxia tropes.

•  I think the complaint has more to do with how cheap a victory like that feels to the readers, especially if it is used constantly, in every story.

If the author makes his antagonists so powerful, so flawless and perfect, that the only way MC could even possibly win is through a magical whatever that just falls into his lap that just happens to be exactly what he needs, then that's 100% on the author. I mean, at that point, what makes MC special, other than being a very lucky bastard or destiny's darling? If someone else got that item, then would they save the world instead and would that make MC obsolete?

Some people just want to see author come at the problem from another direction, instead always devolving into a might makes right situation that can only be solved by a magical whatever and letting the story become a genetic xianxia. Maybe show a little restraint?

This isn't much of a problem for most readers, but for veteran readers, after "eating" so many genetic xianxia and becoming bored with all the tropes, some people's appetite gets spoiled. At that point, can you blame them for craving something different?
    Actually, I think this is mead.
  • People should read WMW then. Everything MC does is basically through his own power. 
  • Unfortunately, finding a quality and original story, that meets your requirements is kind of hard. Some people don't like NTR in their story, some wants to see MC capture every beauty in the story and to hell with the logic. Some (like me) don't like to read a western-themed fantasy with western names in a Chinese web novel.

This is a personal problem, not something that can be blamed on the author, but not an uncommon one. A lot of people have problem finding a new story to read simply because their standards are too high and their wants too many.

if u don't like this pattern then stay way far away from any xianxia related stories , it s ain't for u cuz u are describing basically every xianxia out there 
  •  I think the complaint has more to do with how cheap a victory like that feels to the readers, especially if it is used constantly, in every story.

If the author makes his antagonists so powerful, so flawless and perfect, that the only way MC could even possibly win is through a magical whatever that just falls into his lap that just happens to be exactly what he needs, then that's 100% on the author. I mean, at that point, what makes MC special, other than being a very lucky bastard or destiny's darling? If someone else got that item, then would they save the world instead and would that make MC obsolete?

Some people just want to see author come at the problem from another direction, instead always devolving into a might makes right situation that can only be solved by a magical whatever and letting the story become a genetic xianxia. Maybe show a little restraint?

This isn't much of a problem for most readers, but for veteran readers, after "eating" so many genetic xianxia and becoming bored with all the tropes, some people's appetite gets spoiled. At that point, can you blame them for craving something different?
    i indeed kinda agree, most xianxia have the same outline 
    it's important to rate a xianxia by xianxia's standards and chinese culture otherwise u'll see many flaws especially with people living for thousands of years and still acting like brats and care about face...etc 
    same with japanese novels most of them are about the hero vs the demon lord and the harems there are worse than in xianxia , not mentionning most of the mcs can't deal with women...etc
  • as for TMW i think it's decent so far(by xianxia standards) it has decent pacing especially recently and is enjjoyable overall
    it has its flaws of course but it's enjoyable enough to let me look forward to read it 
  • edited September 2017
    Austin said:
    People should read WMW then. Everything MC does is basically through his own power. 
    I agree WMW is a different kind of story.  It is actually kind of modern mixed with xianxia themes.

But anyways, I think TMW does a good job in introducing strong characters and giving Yi Yun a way out.  It's kind of ambiguous what's Yi Yun's current strength is at.  

Also, does anyone know the cultivation realms? 
    Dao Manifestation, Dao Palace, Divine Lord?  But divine lord is a title, so...unless the coin which the azure yang lord had was different
  • edited September 2017
    CC hasn't given us proper cultivation levels since the very first chapter. It's always been very, very vague.
  • wait isn't their  supremency after dao palace or is that just a title for late stages dao palace?
  • edited September 2017
     I think the complaint has more to do with how cheap a victory like that feels to the readers, especially if it is used constantly, in every story. 

exactly !!!

it's just too easy since he beat this bad guy in Tian Yuan Little World

just compare YY with lin ming (martial world)where the latter nearly die

or meng hao(issth) where he lost his wife, lose himself in the dead sea, lose everyone and so  on

for YY, it's or he can easily beat the bad guy, or he had his ass saved by a roxXxor

the author maintain ambiguity everytime

ambiguity on cultivation level

ambiguity on YY's wife 's fate

ambiguity on martial world(novel)

for the last i mean :

we know YY come from earth where he was an adult, only his soul and his phone( yeah, you read correctly...)come on Tian Yuan, thanks to the purple card which  has yuer blocked inside, to possess a 12years aged boy

so what's the point to not said explicitly  the 12 Empyrean Heavens it's not related to martial world when you let guess the opposite in the description of TMW

just to keep some more reader  who want to have some news of lin ming??

too bad, it's just 2 different, parallel universes, i can prove it

the more we read novel, the more we need this burning sensation" what will happen next", and the more we are dissapointed

too few author can take risk to put the mc in very bad situation , making die his surrounding

Cocooned Cow is not one of these, worst he make his chapter shorter and shorter

you know what?

if CC maked YY's wife diying under a bad guy's hand, maked his master diying in Azure Wood Great World when the latter try to save YY's life

then TMW would follow the mark of a great novel

actually, it's just organised trip, so there is nothing surprising about reader mistake plot and fillers when they read TWM

• any news on LXT?
  • polar30 said:
    any news on LXT?
    Nada 
  • fugi123 said:
    wait isn't their  supremency after dao palace or is that just a title for late stages dao palace?
    u know there's no way we'll get an answer to that till yi yun attempts his own right?
  • polar30 said:
    any news on LXT?
    Nada 
    Wow I hope it's not another young master or whatever is after LXT when he finds her.
  • polar30 said:
    polar30 said:
    any news on LXT?
    Nada 
    Wow I hope it's not another young master or whatever is after LXT when he finds her.
    Don't get your hopes up. She's a peerless beauty, and the dao partner of the MC. If that doesn't spell trouble, I don't know what will.
  • Austin said:
    polar30 said:
    polar30 said:
    any news on LXT?
    Nada 
    Don't get your hopes up. She's a peerless beauty, and the dao partner of the MC. If that doesn't spell trouble, I don't know what will.
    Doesn't she also have a special body?

• Doesn't she also have a special body?

Yeah. Extreme Yin or something, which just makes her more juicy for any arrogant young masters (or any man for that matter).
  • Speaking of, have the author figured out whether he wanted to do a harem or a single heroine focused story?
  • Speaking of, have the author figured out whether he wanted to do a harem or a single heroine focused story?
    He keeps teasing a harem but then nothing else has happened. I feel like Luo Huo'er needs to be in the harem.

And there's space for Xiaoshuang if she's included in the story later on.
  • I wonder how many chapters YY will take to offend the next big faction that will chase him around for the next 100 chapters.
  • Evaansan said:
    I wonder how many chapters YY will take to offend the next big faction that will chase him around for the next 100 chapters.
    He will offend a young master who wants the same items as him > kills young master > offends sect behind him > runs away and hides > finds a treasure/makes a breakthrough > comes back and slaughters > divine lord steps in > unforeseen plot armour allows YY to escape.

Throw in a damsel in distress somewhere.

you don't even need to read the next 100 chapters anymore
  • I'm not sure 100 chapters is even enough to cover all that with how CC has been known to write.