Legend of the Great Saint (大圣传)

Synopsis:

Among the demons, the supreme ones are called “Great Saints.”

A young man leaves his mountain village, treading far and wide under the heavens, striding step by step into legend, becoming a myth.

NU Page:
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/legend-of-the-great-saint/

Current Translation: https://scatterdrift.com/

Spoil as much as you want~
"What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino

Comments

• Other one got deleted, so can anyone spoil please?
    Harem/cultivation levels?
  • He cultivated Demon/Monster way instead reguler Imoortal way, now he become like Minotaur with tiger like skin.
  • edited May 2017
    Kind advice & useful info for those who feel pressed to read more ahead :
    The author of "LOTGS" is kind of a 'Perfectionist' and for the past 2 years he's faced with a writer's block, to give you an idea of the release rate I can tell you he released no chapter in February and March of this year and only 1 chapter each for April and May.

I love this story a lot and would have definitely caught up if I didn't search and learn this first, whats the point of MTL if you have to wait a month for each chapter, isn't it rather better to read a quality translated chapter each day ?

Hopefully Qidian doesn't bother us in the future and let us read peacefully this enjoyable story.
  • I hope so too. Scatter Drift already slowed down the TL to 1 chapter a day, which I'm grateful for, but the pace we had before was so awesome.
    Hopefully Qidian doesn't bother with LOTGS.
  • edited May 2017
    Rewrite said:
    Other one got deleted, so can anyone spoil please?
    The novel doesn't have a fixed Main female lead as of yet, the mc just does night stands with some females and goes to another till now, I don't know if those previous females will be back again and thats probably why there isn't a romance tag yet.
    How do I know that ? did alot of research on chinese forums lol.
    I prefer this over the retarded mc that fall in love at the third chick he see

• Ares Ra said:
    Rewrite said:
    Other one got deleted, so can anyone spoil please?
    The novel doesn't have a fixed Main female lead as of yet, the mc just does night stands with some females and goes to another till now, I don't know if those previous females will be back again and thats probably why there isn't a romance tag yet.
    How do I know that ? did alot of research on chinese forums lol.
    I prefer this over the retarded mc that fall in love at the third chick he see

How strong is he in the raws?
  • Rewrite said:
    How strong is he in the raws?
    Don't know and don't wanna know, spoiling love interest is one thing but spoiling the power levels can screw my entire suspens.
    Who know maybe he died for a hundred chapter or lost his cultivation or maybe he converted to another system of cultivation, maybe hes already a god in another realm or maybe the author is still doing a nice job with this current world (which seem huge from last chapters).
  • Can someone just spoil me on everything (romance, martial levels, why did he become a monster, etc.)?  

Also, who is Little An's family?  Is it that Lady Serenity?  Also, he will always stay with Li Qingshan right?  If they get separated, I'll be sad. 
  • He become monster because cultivate according Demon/Monster Scripture taught by bull big bro, is that mean he will create monster core?
    Little An family still unknown, the only clue is he's from south.i
  • He become monster because cultivate according Demon/Monster Scripture taught by bull big bro, is that mean he will create monster core?
    Thank you-- I think I was a little unclear about the monster part-- would the scripture turn any human into a monster or does Li Qingshan have a special body type that makes him more susceptible to changing into a monster?

I've been caught up to the translations, but I was curious if anyone read the raws and could spoil us some more. Especially about Little An and I hope Little An and Li Qingshan won't get separated.
  • Someone please spoillecourrielxiii said:
    He become monster because cultivate according Demon/Monster Scripture taught by bull big bro, is that mean he will create monster core?
    Thank you-- I think I was a little unclear about the monster part-- would the scripture turn any human into a monster or does Li Qingshan have a special body type that makes him more susceptible to changing into a monster?

I've been caught up to the translations, but I was curious if anyone read the raws and could spoil us some more. Especially about Little An and I hope Little An and Li Qingshan won't get separated.

• Does he end up cultivating both the monster path and the human path?
  • I feel like very few people read the raws, or they just don't want to answer.
  • Rewrite said:
    I feel like very few people read the raws, or they just don't want to answer.
    Maybe.  I'm just a sad panda right now.  I've been lucky to be a proofreader/editor a couple translations so I get sneak peeks, but LOTGS is another awesome story, but I wish someone read the raws.
  • Up to where I am atm Little An and LQS are still together, they got separated for some time due to training etc, but Little An remains his main sidekick. His cultivation is very fast for humans, as he can 'cheat' his cultivation progress thanks to absorbing the 'qi' from pills etc like if he was eating candy (monster bonus ftw) - only downside is that he needs to get his hands on them. Regarding the cultivation scripture he uses: I think this cultivation method is unique in this world as it enables him to switch between human and monster appearance (as well as Little An, who now has a human body/appearance too). However, whenever he has progress in his different Bull/Tiger cultivation he needs to reach an equilibrium (with the turtle), or he loses parts of his human form. However, I would dissuade you from reading the raws - unless you are proficient in the Chinese language - as mtl ruins the story, and the translation is one of the best I did read so far (with fast chapter output), especially with all the additional info dumps from the translator (he seems to really enjoy translating).
  • I used baike baidu for some info and from what I got is, he uses, bull, tiger, turtle, Phoenix (gets three extra lives from it) dragon and can't remember whether there was an extra one.
  • Anything on romance?
  • Up to where I am atm Little An and LQS are still together, they got separated for some time due to training etc, but Little An remains his main sidekick. His cultivation is very fast for humans, as he can 'cheat' his cultivation progress thanks to absorbing the 'qi' from pills etc like if he was eating candy (monster bonus ftw) - only downside is that he needs to get his hands on them. Regarding the cultivation scripture he uses: I think this cultivation method is unique in this world as it enables him to switch between human and monster appearance (as well as Little An, who now has a human body/appearance too). However, whenever he has progress in his different Bull/Tiger cultivation he needs to reach an equilibrium (with the turtle), or he loses parts of his human form. However, I would dissuade you from reading the raws - unless you are proficient in the Chinese language - as mtl ruins the story, and the translation is one of the best I did read so far (with fast chapter output), especially with all the additional info dumps from the translator (he seems to really enjoy translating).
    Sounds very cool so far!  I wonder if the author revealed Little An's background, but we'll see I guess.
  • Will we get the classic I'm actually a girl line from Little An. All the flags are there, effeminate child, memory loss, will eventually mature as they grow stronger. Just wondering if anyone got evidence that Little Ann is definitely a boy in the raws.
  • Will we get the classic I'm actually a girl line from Little An. All the flags are there, effeminate child, memory loss, will eventually mature as they grow stronger. Just wondering if anyone got evidence that Little Ann is definitely a boy in the raws.

She's a girl. 
  • vaelince said:
    Will we get the classic I'm actually a girl line from Little An. All the flags are there, effeminate child, memory loss, will eventually mature as they grow stronger. Just wondering if anyone got evidence that Little Ann is definitely a boy in the raws.

She's a girl. 
    Well there we go, I'm assuming she is the main love intrest if all the others are one night stands. Legal Skeleton Wife.
  • vaelince said:
    Will we get the classic I'm actually a girl line from Little An. All the flags are there, effeminate child, memory loss, will eventually mature as they grow stronger. Just wondering if anyone got evidence that Little Ann is definitely a boy in the raws.

She's a girl. 
    Well there we go, I'm assuming she is the main love intrest if all the others are one night stands. Legal Skeleton Wife.
    Hahaha, that's an element not seen before!
  • The moment he realizes that Little An is not his 'little brother' is quiet funny.
  • What chapter is that?
  • edited June 2017
    Rewrite said:
    What chapter is that?
    Volume: 3 Chapter: 56/57 
  • edited June 2017
    Any Spoiler on Little An?

• Any Spoiler on Little An?

Little An is a girl.
  • I'm around 350 with the raws.

Does he really marry Han Qiongzhi? Because i can't say i am really liking this development. Forcing the romance in so early, I like her but she ain't no Gu Yanying

• Haze said:
    I'm around 350 with the raws.

Does he really marry Han Qiongzhi? Because i can't say i am really liking this development. Forcing the romance in so early, I like her but she ain't no Gu Yanying

Yea he marries her later on. I'm around ch.600 and it doesn't look he is getting Gu Yanying for a while
  • I've read that there will only be three women who's gonna stay with him to the end, but for various reasons, none of them (as of 1.5k chapters) have consummated their relationship with MC yet. Is this true? I mean, if there are a lot of love interests in a story, but only three gets to stay with him, it's obvious what's gonna happen, right? I'm kinda turned off from this story because of this.

Actually, I think this is mead.