Latest chapter discussion

Comments

• Ophis said:

This chapter was quite good. A shame though that Jasmine didn't leave any Profound Arts for Yun Che. Welp, once again it seems Yun Che will arrive at the last moment to save the day... I'm really getting tired of this, it's always this same pattern. Can't we have a single stance where Yun Che arrives before shit hits the fan? And what makes it all the more annoying is that Jasmine decided to postpone Yun Che going to ACC, causing all this drama we're about to have in next arc.
    My thoughts exactly, but I wouldn't blame Jasmine - it's not her fault that he doesn't have enough fuel to make a trip both ways. And ACC "drama" looks like promise to be something similar to beginning of 4th Arc - complete dominance and slaughter. Sounds good to me if they actually kill XW before moving there. 
  • edited July 2017
    Good chapter. Hoping for kills once Yun Che arrives at ACC.
    ---
    Hong'er is really cute, haha.
    ---
    I really can't see Yun Che leaving IDR now with the looming threat of XW. He would have to take the entire IDR population with him and I just can't see him doing that.
  • Ophis said:

This chapter was quite good. A shame though that Jasmine didn't leave any Profound Arts for Yun Che. Welp, once again it seems Yun Che will arrive at the last moment to save the day... I'm really getting tired of this, it's always this same pattern. Can't we have a single stance where Yun Che arrives before shit hits the fan? And what makes it all the more annoying is that Jasmine decided to postpone Yun Che going to ACC, causing all this drama we're about to have in next arc.
    My thoughts exactly, but I wouldn't blame Jasmine - it's not her fault that he doesn't have enough fuel to make a trip both ways. And ACC "drama" looks like promise to be something similar to beginning of 4th Arc - complete dominance and slaughter. Sounds good to me if they actually kill XW before moving there. 

Again, that's wrong. Yun Che DOES have the fuel to make a round trip. Jasmine only stated that if Yun Che were to continue recklessly using the Ark, he would have fuel only to go to ACC once and be stuck there.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • edited July 2017
    Ophis said:
    Welp, once again it seems Yun Che will arrive at the last moment to save the day... I'm really getting tired of this, it's always this same pattern. Can't we have a single stance where Yun Che arrives before shit hits the fan? And what makes it all the more annoying is that Jasmine decided to postpone Yun Che going to ACC, causing all this drama we're about to have in next arc.
    Well, the benefit of that is that Yun Che will be able to wipe out even the root of evil. If he arrives before the important characters arrive and displays his might (stronger than peak Sovereign), they will likely stop with their actions and deny ever being involved. I.e. right now this "messenger" guy also came out of the shadows (as speculated, he perhaps has a connection with the Justice Sects). If Yun Che would have arrived earlier, perhaps that guy would have pissed his pants and would never show up.

Besides, now with the death of the last person loyal to Su Hengshan, he hopefully won't stop Yun Che from massacring the remaining scum. Please just no DPS 2.0 again, that was already a pain to read.
  • edited July 2017
    I just hope all of the Justice Sects will end up getting involved in the hunt after Ling'er, then Yun Che would have a perfect excuse to exterminate all of them and settle the grudges of his past life.

I don't think the treasure of the Grandwake Clan is a Heavenly Profound Treasure. From the short descriptions we had of it, it looks more like a consumable item like a pellet or herb.
  • So the trash brother has Investigated Yun Che and Qingyue. Too bad for him. So, this is probably what happened to Ling'er the first time as well. I hope that this time her father can survive, so that she will not be so sad as her previous life.
    And I hope the Justice clans are involved in this betrayal as well. Haven't seen Yun Che massacre for a long time. Touchy feely is good only for so long.
    There is a possibility that Yun Che will visit ACC before XW comes back. That way he can take whatever the treasure of the Grandwake clan is and increase his power. Maybe he'll visit the cliff as well.
    The Universe will end one fine day. Nothing really matters. Cheers anyway!
  • edited July 2017
    Yeah, I did say that I want Yun Che to deal with the SGs first, but reading that ACC part again, I just want Yun Che to arrive and kill, kill, kill! It's about time, after all. Over the recent chapters many people died but these were all the wrong people. It's now time for Yun Che to stomp his enemies into the ground!

Also, doesn't Su Haoran remind you of a certain DPS scum (who, by the way is still alive)?

#BHC 2.0
  • I believe Yun Che will deal with ACC before Wentian's arrival. Since things will become uncertain when Wentian arrives, he'll probably wanna have Ling'er by his side for safety, so he'll go to ACC now planning on bringing Ling'er and will probably get power ups from the Grandwake Clan's treasure + any legacy present in the Azure Cloud Continent.

I think he'll involuntarily fall into the Cloud's End Cliff amidst an outbreak of the Devil Origin Orb. Not sure how that will happen, though. I just think he'll solve the Devil Orb's matter before facing Wentian again.

• I think he'll involuntarily fall into the Cloud's End Cliff amidst an outbreak of the Devil Origin Orb. Not sure how that will happen, though. I just think he'll solve the Devil Orb's matter before facing Wentian again.
    Simple. Ling'er jumps off cloud's end this time to thwart her pursuers. Yun Che arrives, but can't save her. He jumps after her, reaching her only once they both enter the barrier. His profound veins are not suppressed but the pull is too strong even for him. They fall at the bottom. He protects Ling'er with his profound power. Takes the treasure form her, fights devil beasts, maybe get some message by Evil God and through some combination of all of these raises his power enough to escape the barrier. This may solve the Devil Orb's matter as well.
  • edited July 2017
    I believe Yun Che will deal with ACC before Wentian's arrival. Since things will become uncertain when Wentian arrives, he'll probably wanna have Ling'er by his side for safety, so he'll go to ACC now planning on bringing Ling'er
    Right now, though, Yun Che has no way to oppose Wentian. So travelling to ACC now with the sole purpose of bringing Ling'er back would just result in her death at the hands of Wentian. I really can't see that happening. Yun Che will never make her die at the hands of someone.

Now, what could happen, is that Yun Che takes everyone from IDR with him and escapes to ACC, in the hope that Wentian won't be able to arrive at ACC (because of the extremely large distance). Once he is at ACC, then there is no reason fo him not to visit Ling'er.

The more story time passes, the more likely this scenario becomes, as Yun Che needs a massive power-up right now and other than GWotB I don't think he can count on anything else in his arsenal to deliver a massive boost. And it doesn't look like we can count on a GWotB upgrade during Yun Che's current stay at IDR.

I think he'll involuntarily fall into the Cloud's End Cliff amidst an outbreak of the Devil Origin Orb. Not sure how that will happen, though. I just think he'll solve the Devil Orb's matter before facing Wentian again.

What if Su Ling'er escapes to the Cliff (it is relatively near to the Grandwake Clan) and we get the exact same scene as in ATG's prologue? Just, this time, it's Su Linger instead of Yun Che who is cornered. Yun Che will then arrive and save the day. At that point he can either fall into the cliff due to some reasons or perhaps he will be taken into the cliff. It is heavily implied that the Evil God created that safe haven below the cliff (perhaps even the cliff itself) and Yun Che displaying Evil God powers might be found out by the Devil Beasts. At that point, they will surely want to talk to him.

Right now, I think the latter scenario is more likely as he promised Jasmine not to enter the cliff. He also wouldn't be strong enough to survive it.

• Lord Turmoil said:
    Simple. Ling'er jumps off cloud's end this time to thwart her pursuers. Yun Che arrives, but can't save her. He jumps after her, reaching her only once they both enter the barrier. His profound veins are not suppressed but the pull is too strong even for him. They fall at the bottom. He protects Ling'er with his profound power. Takes the treasure form her, fights devil beasts, maybe get some message by Evil God and through some combination of all of these raises his power enough to escape the barrier. This may solve the Devil Orb's matter as well.

Oh, that's a nice course. 

Amun said:
    Right now, though, Yun Che has no way to oppose Wentian. So travelling to ACC now with the sole purpose of bringing Ling'er back would just result in her death at the hands of Wentian. I really can't see that happening. Yun Che will never make her die at the hands of someone.

lol I didn't say he would expose her to danger. I meant he'll just bring her to his side to have everything ready in the case he's planning to run away/do anything else.

Though it would be really weird, I'd like if Yun Che just placed everyone from IDR/Imperial City inside the Primordial Ark and have the people making the world inside the Ark their new home.
  • edited July 2017
    Amun said:
    What if Su Ling'er escapes to the Cliff (it is relatively near to the Grandwake Clan) and we get the exact same scene as in ATG's prologue? Just, this time, it's Su Linger instead of Yun Che who is cornered. Yun Che will then arrive and save the day. At that point he can either fall into the cliff due to some reasons or perhaps he will be taken into the cliff.

Right now, I think the latter scenario is more likely as he promised Jasmine not to enter the cliff. He also wouldn't be strong enough to survive it.

Maybe we'll have something like the Demon Sealing Ritual in Heavenly Sword Villa, just that Ling'er will be in Yuanba's position. The problem is that Yun Che would just throw Ling'er back to her pursuers... but he could do something else.

It is heavily implied that the Evil God created that safe haven below the cliff (perhaps even the cliff itself) and Yun Che displaying Evil God powers might be found out by the Devil Beasts. At that point, they will surely want to talk to him.

I'll create a thread explaining some of my views about the Evil God's Garden and the Blue Pole Star as a whole since most people's views are different from mine.
  • Feng Ximing and Su Haoran would make such a cute couple. <33333 
  • Why exactly do you think that YC really needs "massive" power-up? I'd really love to see "normal power-up" where he is still weaker than XW but he still goes for it. With all of his compadres they have epic battle, some of them die or are very close to death, but eventually they are victorious. The price would be the fact that Yun Che needs to find a way to suppress his Devil Orb because in the fight with XW he overused his energy and very soon he will have another attack. The only hope would be ACC.

This storyline would be so much better than "let's escape (again), get super powers (again) and return when we are OP as hell in last possible moment (again)". Not to mention that "escape route" would most likely end with death of Yun Clan, Mu Clan, other families and LDE (or at the very least some of them) unless you are naive enough to think that anyone of them would just leave with MC to save themself instead of saving the IDR or really want to see the scenario I've mentioned before...

• The next time Wentian arrives he'll probably be at the Divine Profound Realm, so Yun Che will need a massive power up to have any hopes of defeating him.
  • edited July 2017
    I am having a feeling that it'll be wentian after ACC because 1) Mars said in footnote that ACC is about to begin, 2) We have ACC preview in the last part of this chapter. I personally cannot think that XW conflict will last for only 10 or less chapters due to the fact that YC has 0 way of powering up now. Because Mars keep talking about ACC as if XW plot is already done, I think it's either 1) XW fight will be very short with deus ex machina, or 2) YC escape to ACC with everybody.

@Suran
    Welp, in the original timeline, i think Su Ling'er also encounters her conflict around this time (I think). I am not sure about the age at which she had to run away from home during YC 2nd life, but I remember that she should be 16+ or even 20s (if anybody can confirm me, would be great). So, I don't think it's to Mars convenient, rather the plot was building up as well as Su Haoran trying to get stronger people to side him.

He will have rise up to the point where he has enough standing to join the Seven Star God Residence, or at least talked them into taking Grandwake clan treasure bait. It's like how YC was not in the eye of 4SG leaders when he was in Heaven Villa and in DPE tournament--- until he crushes DPE would he started to be the talk of the 4SGs.
  • edited July 2017
    The next time Wentian arrives he'll probably be at the Divine Profound Realm, so Yun Che will need a massive power up to have any hopes of defeating him.
    Didn't the Golden Crow say that it was impossible for Wentian to reach the Divine Profound Realm?
  • The next time Wentian arrives he'll probably be at the Divine Profound Realm, so Yun Che will need a massive power up to have any hopes of defeating him.

The Golden Crow explicitly stated that Wentian will never be able to step into the Divine Profound Realm. After awakening 100% of his Devil blood, Wentian will stop short of breaking through the Divine Profound Realm and will never be able to progress again in cultivation for the rest of his life.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • Ophis said:
    The Golden Crow explicitly stated that Wentian will never be able to step into the Divine Profound Realm. After awakening 100% of his Devil blood, Wentian will stop short of breaking through the Divine Profound Realm and will never be able to progress again in cultivation for the rest of his life.

I didn't see that, sorry. But anyway, Wentian will still have a great jump in strength
  • Poor Wentian. If he was the main character in his own novel, it would be so tragic. Thousands of years of life, centuries of planning all wasted.

Die, you damn cockroach.
  • I believe what I read is this;

1. YC was able to come back home (PSC) or get the coordinates of PSC cos Yun Quingyong gave him the direction.

2. Jazz told him he only has one-round of FUEL to get to ACC cos it is a farther continent not close to PSC or IDR....now ask urself how many times he can go to & fro between PSC & IDR but can't try that for ACC cos it is not only far but his FUEL is only for one journey & there is no record of ACC in history books or it's coordinates?
    Blessed are those who ain't xpectin 4 surely they shall never ever be disappointed>>>Mars Snail

2 much ANALYSIS "may" likely lead to PARALYSIS...
  • edited July 2017
    Amun said:

lol I didn't say he would expose her to danger. I meant he'll just bring her to his side to have everything ready in the case he's planning to run away/do anything else.

Though it would be really weird, I'd like if Yun Che just placed everyone from IDR/Imperial City inside the Primordial Ark and have the people making the world inside the Ark their new home.
    Well, my point is, if Yun Che travels to ACC to bring Ling'er to his side and then travels back to IDR to take everyone with him, he will have serverly limited his escape options then. After all, once he did that roundtrip, the fuel of the Ark should be (rather) close to being depleted so it might be rendered rather useless soon during the escape. So given that, it is far more likely Yun Che will escape to ACC because he counts on Wentian being unable to arrive at ACC. Once in ACC, Yun Che will want to visit Ling'er and all hell will break loose.

lorwa said:
    I am having a feeling that it'll be wentian after ACC because 1) Mars said in footnote that ACC is about to begin, 2) We have ACC preview in the last part of this chapter. I personally cannot think that XW conflict will last for only 10 or less chapters due to the fact that YC has 0 way of powering up now. Because Mars keep talking about ACC as if XW plot is already done, I think it's either 1) XW fight will be very short with deus ex machina, or 2) YC escape to ACC with everybody.
    That doesn't mean Yun Che will go to ACC anytime soon (chapter wise) though. Remember: Back when he was cornered with LDE in the Flame Valley by Duke Ming, we also had a scene of SMDH attacking FCA. However, it took Yun Che about 40 chapters (roughly 6 months story time) from then to arrive at PSC and even more chapters to arrive at FCA. So, let's say Yun Che will visit ACC in 50 chapters from now: A lot can happen in those 50 chapters and they should be enough to solve the SGs.
    Besides, Mars still has some leeway when it comes to Yun Che's ACC arrival, as Ling'er has yet to be found. It should be possible for her to escape for a few months, especially when she runs into the direction of the cliff. She will be found by them, but it doesn't have to be anytime soon.
  • edited July 2017
    Amun said:
    That doesn't mean Yun Che will go to ACC anytime soon (chapter wise) though. Remember: Back when he was cornered with LDE in the Flame Valley by Duke Ming, we also had a scene of SMDH attacking FCA. However, it took Yun Che about 40 chapters from then to arrive at PSC and even more chapters to arrive at FCA. So, let's say Yun Che will visit ACC in 50 chapters from now: A lot can happen in those 50 chapters and they should be enough to solve the SGs.
    Besides, Mars still has some leeway when it comes to Yun Che's ACC arrival, as Ling'er has yet to be found. It should be possible for her to escape for a few months, especially when she runs into the direction of the cliff. She will be found by them, but it doesn't have to be anytime soon.
    We are in chapter 869 and this arc will end probably in chapter 900. So the most reasonable guess would be that we have around 30 chapters to go before ACC. And if Mars wants to give us departure to ACC after XW comes back then it will give Ling'er 3 months at the very least to run. For me it's good enough.
  • while i definitely agree that there should be more power up opportunities in ACC than in IDR right now, theres a lot of questions raised if the ACC arc happens before the fight with XW. 
    like:
    1) does YC even know where ACC is located? 
    2) how does YC even get the idea to go to ACC?
    3) how does YC even know Su Ling'er is in trouble? 
    4) Why would YC waste the remaining Ark fuel in order to go bring back Su Ling'er to her death under XW's hands as well as blow all future escape attempts?

im not really seeing the whole escape to with every body to ACC because we all know that LDE and the guardian clans are not going to run away...

while it sort of makes sense to have the ACC plot happen before the fight with XW (because im just not seeing how YC power ups enough on IDR) im just not seeing the steps of how it actually happens. 
  • edited July 2017
    zapzer said:
    4) Why would YC waste the remaining Ark fuel in order to go bring back Su Ling'er to her death under XW's hands as well as blow all future escape attempts?

1) Maybe Jasmine told him off-screen.
    2) It's already the time to fulfill his promise since she is already 16 years old.
    3) He doesn't know and will remain unaware of it until he gets to there.
    4) We can just wait for Mars to give a reasonable reason, I can't think of anything.
  • edited July 2017
    zapzer said:
    while i definitely agree that there should be more power up opportunities in ACC than in IDR right now, theres a lot of questions raised if the ACC arc happens before the fight with XW. 
    like:

im not really seeing the whole escape to with every body to ACC because we all know that LDE and the guardian clans are not going to run away...

while it sort of makes sense to have the ACC plot happen before the fight with XW (because im just not seeing how YC power ups enough on IDR) im just not seeing the steps of how it actually happens. 
    1. He can ask the Bird. Probably. There are other ways, but that seems to be the most obvious.
    2. Again, it can be the Bird. Crow knows many things, including whereabouts of other Birds legacies. And there is absolutely no doubt that possesing Vermillion Bird's Legacy - the one that is said to be the best against Devils -  would be useful.
    3. He doesn't. But he promised to pick her up and take as his wife when she turns 16. Guess how old is she...?
    4. That's what I simply don't understand and I agree it's dumb as hell.

And I'm board with you - ACC arc before dealing with XW is stupid and make entire "circle" repeat itself. Again. I hope that you are right and we will deal with this cockroach before ACC...
  • edited July 2017
    @zapzer

The first three questions shouldn't pose a problem:

1) Jasmine probably told him off-screen about the location of ACC. At least it should be rather easy for Mars to explain that.
    2) Well, he can reasonably assume that Wentian won't be able to reach ACC. Remember, even Jasmine had to invest some strength to cross that distance and Wentian is far, far, faaaaar from her power level. It would make sense if a half-divine Wentian is not able to cross the distance between PSC and ACC. Let alone, does he even know where ACC is located? He probably knows about its existance, but it's questionable whether he knows its location (Yun Canghai also didn't know the location)
    3) The answer to question 2) is the reason why Yun Che travels to ACC. Once he is at ACC, he will want to visit Su Ling'er and find out about the whole situation
    4) Again, answer 2) since Yun Che takes everyone with him, there is no reason to return back to IDR/PSC.

As for the unwillingness of certain people to leave IDR:  Well, I guess the only problem is LDE as the others will likely bow to the heavy pressure of Wentian's pending arrival and would agree to flee. Nobody wants to just wait for their sure death. Besides, it would only be a temporary retreat, as at one point, Yun Che and Xue'er will be strong enough to kill Wentian. So, people ready to fight Wentian would just throw their lifes away instead of waiting for a few more years to personally take revenge against the SGs. I think that's enough to convince people to flee.
    As for LDE, perhaps she can be forced by both Yun Che and Xue'er.

Now, as I said on multiple occasions, I believe we will see the conclusion to the SG arc (at least Wentian's death) before Yun Che goes to ACC. However, it wouldn't be that unreasonable of a move if Mars decides to make Yun Che take everyone with him and flee to ACC.
  • edited July 2017
    WAIT NO, I GOT IT. i think i just convinced myself that the ACC plot will only happen after the XW plot is resolved, because of that ring Yun Che gave her all those years ago with literally all those tons of food. Su Ling'er is gonna have a rough time being hunted by all of those people for the next 3 months but she isn't going to starve. i thought it was kinda strange at the time why Yun Che gave her so much food but it seems like she might actually need it. makes sense to me why she wouldn't have touched any of the food until now because of how much YC means to her. just some thoughts lol. 

EDIT: the parallel of Su Ling'er being hunted with how YC was treated in the past, i think is going to give way to Slaughter Mode Yun Che. 
  • edited July 2017
    The next time Wentian arrives he'll probably be at the Divine Profound Realm, so Yun Che will need a massive power up to have any hopes of defeating him.
    Didn't the golden crow say that he'll never enter the divine profound realm?

Nvm ppl already pointed that out

Btw how did Juechen's dad get killed if he had the devil blood like XW?
  • edited July 2017
    The only reason why I believe it's reasonable for Yun Che to go to ACC right now is because he needs new power ups and there's nothing to him in IDR that would strengthen him. Maybe he knows the existence of somethings in ACC from his past life that could power him up, like some treasure in some of the Justice Sects' possession.

Suran said:
    Didn't the golden crow say that he'll never enter the divine profound realm?

Rubinho Barrichello?