Latest chapter discussion

1508509511513514830

Comments

  • If he's going to run away, he might trick LDE and confine her with Xue'er before running away. Maybe, that's why he's quiet about it, because he's scheming something.
  • Akashura said:
    However in that case how will he return from ACC? Jasmine told him that fuel in the Ark was only sufficient for a one-way trip. Would Yun Che really be stupid enough to go to ACC despite knowing that he won't be able to come back? Also why would he think that going to ACC would allow him to powerup? He might as well just keep on banging Xue'er as that might increase his level. Even if it doesn't, betting on something uncertain at this time would be ridiculous.

    Jasmine said he has energy enough on the Primordial Ark to go and return from ACC, not that he can just go.

    If Yun Che is really going to ACC, I don't think he's planning on going there to get a power up, but to bring Ling'er to his side instead.
  • lorwa said:
    If he's going to run away, he might trick LDE and confine her with Xue'er before running away. Maybe, that's why he's quiet about it, because he's scheming something.

    I think the same.
  • yeah im not really seeing how YC is going to come to the decision to go to ACC right now with XW looming. maybe something happens when he gets Jasmine's gift from Hong'er? 
  • Akashura said:
    Do you think he'll visit ACC in the interim and get a power up there, after which he'll fight XW?
    However in that case how will he return from ACC? Jasmine told him that fuel in the Ark was only sufficient for a one-way trip. Would Yun Che really be stupid enough to go to ACC despite knowing that he won't be able to come back? Also why would he think that going to ACC would allow him to powerup? He might as well just keep on banging Xue'er as that might increase his level. Even if it doesn't, betting on something uncertain at this time would be ridiculous.

    No, Jasmine told him that the fuel was barely enough for a round trip, and that Yun Che shouldn't keep consuming the Ark's fuel recklessly otherwise he would get stuck in ACC.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • edited July 2017
    Icefield said:
    He thinks he will die and probably must send away Xue'r with family and stay with LDE in the last moment.


    zapzer said:
    i get the sentiment, but in his eyes, he currently can't find a way to even save IDR within a 3 month span. it would be pretty weird, imo, if he resolutely said he could save her within 2 years, when currently everyone is fucked within 3 months lol

    I still don't really buy this though. When he was with Chu Yuechan in that Dragon Trial his situation was even more dire than now. Back then, he was already actually involved in a fight to the death, yet he never wavered. He never gave up. To Chu Yuechan, who was strongly pessimistic, he strongly said that they will survive. Now, back then Jasmine was still with him so perhaps that gave him some psychological boost, but to me it looks more like that is his general attitude.

    Chapter 178 gives a perfect example of that look at life which seems to be non-existent to me right now:
    (her = crippled Chu Yuechan)

    “You don’t need to try and persuade her. Even if you really had a way to repair her profound veins to the point of making them perfect and whole, her will to die wouldn’t listen.” Jasmine said mercilessly. “Tens of years of bitter training, ruined in one morning. You simply don’t understand how it feels for one to fall from being half a step into the Emperor Profound Realm to being a cripple. You don’t understand what an unendurably large difference this is. Hmph, forget about her; let’s talk about you…if you were to lose all of the strength you had gained in this past year, if you were to lose all of your Divine Arts, can it be that you wouldn’t despair? As for her, she spent tens of years of hard work, so as to train to nearly the Emperor Profound Realm!”

    “No! I wouldn’t!” Yun Che’s gaze was resolute. “No matter what I lose, as long as I don’t lose my life, as long as I am still alive, then there is hope for getting it all back. Life is the greatest hope of all. When you are alive, anything is possible!”

    Now look at that answer! Let that sink!
    This opinion of his isn't because of Jasmine, no, it is deep within his bones and brilliantly characterizes Yun Che. To people who are important to him and had no hope left, Yun Che smacked this attitude into their faces so that they won't give up. Just where is this attitude now? Yes, this is a hard situation for Yun Che right now, but he is still alive! "Life is the greatest hope of all!" Even annoying Wentian has this opinion! Why couldn't Yun Che just throw that into LDE's face? Why can't he tell that to himself too? He is depressed, right, but it seems to me that Mars tries really hard right now to just ignore nearly everything he made Yun Che say in the past.
    He IS the MC and his characteristics ("I will keep walking even against all odds.") is a large factor what made me enjoy ATG so much in the past. He was in far worse situations in the past (where death could have hit him any millisecond) and he still did't give up. He still kept on fighting. Fast forward to the current situation: He is still alive! He won't die the next millisecond! LDE also won't! In fact, she has two more years left. 2 years! If anyone knows if miracles can happen during that timespan, it's Yun Che! So god damnit tell that to her, Yun Che, and don't act all passively. Ahhh!

    Ophis said:
    Those cases are different. In Yuechan's case, Yun Che had an assured way of curing her as well he himself was in good health. But with Caiyi, not only does Yun Che have an almost guaranteed death sentence hanging over his head, he doesn't have a single clue of what to do to prolong her life.

    Yun Che himself could die even before Caiyi because of the Devil Orb. How could Yun Che scream at her that she'll definitely not die when he's apparently in a hopeless situation himself? That would just look like a an angry child throwing a tantrum.

    Of course, there's at least still 3 months till their fight with Wentian, so Yun Che could change his attitude back to his confident self before then. Just give time its due.

    He was not assured to survive the Dragon Trial though. He was nearly brought to his death during the first trial round, yet he always told Chu Yuechan not to lose hope. You could have also said back then "What! Thus guy is at death's door and he is still optimistic? What a joke!". Instead, Yun Che managed to turn the situation around and in the end really did deliver on his (blind) optimism he displayed during this trial. His persistence and his absolute will to survive is what created that miracle. If Yun Che hadn't surpassed his limits, he would never have created such a miracle in the first place. And in order for him to surpass his limits he absolutely believed in them being able to survive. Death was at his door, yet he ne never felt like giving up!

  • edited July 2017
    Akashura said:
    However in that case how will he return from ACC? Jasmine told him that fuel in the Ark was only sufficient for a one-way trip. Would Yun Che really be stupid enough to go to ACC despite knowing that he won't be able to come back? Also why would he think that going to ACC would allow him to powerup? He might as well just keep on banging Xue'er as that might increase his level. Even if it doesn't, betting on something uncertain at this time would be ridiculous.

    Jasmine said he has energy enough on the Primordial Ark to go and return from ACC, not that he can just go.

    If Yun Che is really going to ACC, I don't think he's planning on going there to get a power up, but to bring Ling'er to his side instead.
    Oh I see. I hadn't read the HTL version of c820 as such I was somewhat confused.
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • edited July 2017
    Spoiler:

    Amun said:
    Icefield said:
    He thinks he will die and probably must send away Xue'r with family and stay with LDE in the last moment.


    zapzer said:
    i get the sentiment, but in his eyes, he currently can't find a way to even save IDR within a 3 month span. it would be pretty weird, imo, if he resolutely said he could save her within 2 years, when currently everyone is fucked within 3 months lol

    I still don't really buy this though. When he was with Chu Yuechan in that Dragon Trial his situation was even more dire than now. Back then, he was already actually involved in a fight to the death, yet he never wavered. He never gave up. To Chu Yuechan, who was strongly pessimistic, he strongly said that they will survive. Now, back then Jasmine was still with him so perhaps that gave him some psychological boost, but to me it looks more like that is his general attitude.

    Chapter 178 gives a perfect example of that look at life which seems to be non-existent to me right now:
    (her = crippled Chu Yuechan)

    “You don’t need to try and persuade her. Even if you really had a way to repair her profound veins to the point of making them perfect and whole, her will to die wouldn’t listen.” Jasmine said mercilessly. “Tens of years of bitter training, ruined in one morning. You simply don’t understand how it feels for one to fall from being half a step into the Emperor Profound Realm to being a cripple. You don’t understand what an unendurably large difference this is. Hmph, forget about her; let’s talk about you…if you were to lose all of the strength you had gained in this past year, if you were to lose all of your Divine Arts, can it be that you wouldn’t despair? As for her, she spent tens of years of hard work, so as to train to nearly the Emperor Profound Realm!”

    “No! I wouldn’t!” Yun Che’s gaze was resolute. “No matter what I lose, as long as I don’t lose my life, as long as I am still alive, then there is hope for getting it all back. Life is the greatest hope of all. When you are alive, anything is possible!”

    Now look at that answer! Let that sink!
    This opinion of his isn't because of Jasmine, no, it is deep within his bones and brilliantly characterizes Yun Che. To people who are important to him and had no hope left, Yun Che smacked this attitude into their faces so that they won't give up. Just where is this attitude now? Yes, this is a hard situation for Yun Che right now, but he is still alive! "Life is the greatest hope of all!" Even annoying Wentian has this opinion! Why couldn't Yun Che just throw that into LDE's face? Why can't he tell that to himself too? He is depressed, right, but it seems to me that Mars tries really hard right now to just ignore nearly everything he made Yun Che say in the past.
    He IS the MC and his characteristics ("I will keep walking even against all odds.") is a large factor what made me enjoy ATG so much in the past. He was in far worse situations in the past (where death could have hit him any millisecond) and he still did't give up. He still kept on fighting. Fast forward to the current situation: He is still alive! He won't die the next millisecond! LDE also won't! In fact, she has two more years left. 2 years! If anyone knows if miracles can happen during that timespan, it's Yun Che! So god damnit tell that to her, Yun Che, and don't act all passively. Ahhh!

    Ophis said:
    Those cases are different. In Yuechan's case, Yun Che had an assured way of curing her as well he himself was in good health. But with Caiyi, not only does Yun Che have an almost guaranteed death sentence hanging over his head, he doesn't have a single clue of what to do to prolong her life.

    Yun Che himself could die even before Caiyi because of the Devil Orb. How could Yun Che scream at her that she'll definitely not die when he's apparently in a hopeless situation himself? That would just look like a an angry child throwing a tantrum.

    Of course, there's at least still 3 months till their fight with Wentian, so Yun Che could change his attitude back to his confident self before then. Just give time its due.

    He was not assured to survive the Dragon Trial though. He was nearly brought to his death during the first trial round, yet he always told Chu Yuechan not to lose hope. You could have also said back then "What! Thus guy is at death's door and he is still optimistic? What a joke!". Instead, Yun Che managed to turn the situation around and in the end really did deliver on his (blind) optimism he displayed during this trial. His persistence and his absolute will to survive is what created that miracle. If Yun Che hadn't surpassed his limits, he would never have created such a miracle in the first place. And in order for him to surpass his limits he absolutely believed in them being able to survive. Death was at his door, yet he ne never felt like giving up!


    For me the biggest problem is that for someone who was on the run or one step from death for around 13 years (7 in second life and almost entire time in third life) he really sounds like someone who gave up all hope. I mean, if he was like that in ACC he would be dead after few days not to mention in this life on numerous occasions... 

    I miss that mindset the most because even if I feel like Yun Che became better character overall after Jasmine left he shouldn't lose that part of his personality just like that. 
  • edited July 2017

    For me the biggest problem is that for someone who was on the run or one step from death for around 13 years (7 in second life and almost entire time in third life) he really sounds like someone who gave up all hope. I mean, if he was like that in ACC he would be dead after few days not to mention in this life on numerous occasions... 

    I miss that mindset the most because even if I feel like Yun Che became better character overall after Jasmine left he shouldn't lose that part of his personality just like that. 
    not really sure what you are talking about. in ACC, it was just Yun Che, with the occassional reunion with Su Ling'er. now Yun Che is 2nd in Command in IDR, has multiple lovers and wives, and is surrounded by friends and family. the two situations aren't comparable. plus it makes sense for there to be character growth as Yun Che matures. 

    not really sure how people still don't get that XW currently is at an unbeatable level with no solution in sight plus YC has a ticking time bomb within himself that he has no idea how to solve. add on to that all of his obligations and responsibilities to his family, friends, lovers, and country, theres an unbelievable amount of pressure on YC and he has no idea how to relieve it.  lol and you're saying you can't believe YC isn't acting like he would if it was just him on his own. like wtf?
  • Amun said:

    Ophis said:
    Those cases are different. In Yuechan's case, Yun Che had an assured way of curing her as well he himself was in good health. But with Caiyi, not only does Yun Che have an almost guaranteed death sentence hanging over his head, he doesn't have a single clue of what to do to prolong her life.

    Yun Che himself could die even before Caiyi because of the Devil Orb. How could Yun Che scream at her that she'll definitely not die when he's apparently in a hopeless situation himself? That would just look like a an angry child throwing a tantrum.

    Of course, there's at least still 3 months till their fight with Wentian, so Yun Che could change his attitude back to his confident self before then. Just give time its due.

    He was not assured to survive the Dragon Trial though. He was nearly brought to his death during the first trial round, yet he always told Chu Yuechan not to lose hope. You could have also said back then "What! Thus guy is at death's door and he is still optimistic? What a joke!". Instead, Yun Che managed to turn the situation around and in the end really did deliver on his (blind) optimism he displayed during this trial. His persistence and his absolute will to survive is what created that miracle. If Yun Che hadn't surpassed his limits, he would never have created such a miracle in the first place. And in order for him to surpass his limits he absolutely believed in them being able to survive. Death was at his door, yet he ne never felt like giving up!


    Completely different situations. Yun Che was not assured that he could pass the trial, but the hope and opportunity were there, it all depended on his efforts alone. 

    The Devil Orb is not a matter of effort and willpower. Neither Jasmine nor the Golden Crow could deal with the Devil Orb, and now the Golden Crow barely managed to help Yun Che seal it. The scale of hopelessness of those situations are worlds apart. Just like with what happened in Yu Luo's case, pure will to survive will not save Yun Che, and both he and the Golden Crow are well aware of it. Next eruption of the Devil Orb and probably not even the Golden Crow will be able to suppress it.

    Moreover, Yun Che is still dealing with the parting of Jasmine and the possible death of Yuechan and their child.

    Anyway, you guys are exaggerating way too much with things. Yun Che has been depressed and passive for only half-dozen chapters out of 869, just give it time for him to properly recover instead of coming to this thread to complain over and over about the same thing whenever a new chapter is released.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • lorwa said:
    On the other hand, it also shows a potential plot where YC brings everyone to RotG through is ark.

    I believe u were joking here, right???
    Blessed are those who ain't xpectin 4 surely they shall never ever be disappointed>>>Mars Snail

    2 much ANALYSIS "may" likely lead to PARALYSIS...
  • Sageof6partz said:
    I believe u were joking here, right???

    I think you didn't get his point.

    Ophis said:
    He was not assured to survive the Dragon Trial though. He was nearly brought to his death during the first trial round, yet he always told Chu Yuechan not to lose hope. You could have also said back then "What! Thus guy is at death's door and he is still optimistic? What a joke!". Instead, Yun Che managed to turn the situation around and in the end really did deliver on his (blind) optimism he displayed during this trial. His persistence and his absolute will to survive is what created that miracle. If Yun Che hadn't surpassed his limits, he would never have created such a miracle in the first place. And in order for him to surpass his limits he absolutely believed in them being able to survive. Death was at his door, yet he ne never felt like giving up!

    Completely different situations. Yun Che was not assured that he could pass the trial, but the hope and opportunity were there, it all depended on his efforts alone. 

    The Devil Orb is not a matter of effort and willpower. Neither Jasmine nor the Golden Crow could deal with the Devil Orb, and now the Golden Crow barely managed to help Yun Che seal it. The scale of hopelessness of those situations are worlds apart. Just like with what happened in Yu Luo's case, pure will to survive will not save Yun Che, and both he and the Golden Crow are well aware of it. Next eruption of the Devil Orb and probably not even the Golden Crow will be able to suppress it.

    Moreover, Yun Che is still dealing with the parting of Jasmine and the possible death of Yuechan and their child.

    Anyway, you guys are exaggerating way too much with things. Yun Che has been depressed and passive for only half-dozen chapters out of 869, just give it time for him to properly recover instead of coming to this thread to complain over and over about the same thing whenever a new chapter is released.

    The main problem is that Mars isn't working to show how Yun Che is feeling to his readers. It's like Yun Che is completely fine, and if he is completely fine, why is he acting so passive?

  • The main problem is that Mars isn't working to show how Yun Che is feeling to his readers. It's like Yun Che is completely fine, and if he is completely fine, why is he acting so passive?
    ??? the whole part of YC completely breaking down and crying into Cang Yue's arms i think paints a pretty clear picture of how Yun Che is currently feeling
  • Amun said:
    Icefield said:
    He thinks he will die and probably must send away Xue'r with family and stay with LDE in the last moment.


    zapzer said:
    i get the sentiment, but in his eyes, he currently can't find a way to even save IDR within a 3 month span. it would be pretty weird, imo, if he resolutely said he could save her within 2 years, when currently everyone is fucked within 3 months lol

    I still don't really buy this though. When he was with Chu Yuechan in that Dragon Trial his situation was even more dire than now. Back then, he was already actually involved in a fight to the death, yet he never wavered. He never gave up. To Chu Yuechan, who was strongly pessimistic, he strongly said that they will survive. Now, back then Jasmine was still with him so perhaps that gave him some psychological boost, but to me it looks more like that is his general attitude.

    Chapter 178 gives a perfect example of that look at life which seems to be non-existent to me right now:
    (her = crippled Chu Yuechan)

    “You don’t need to try and persuade her. Even if you really had a way to repair her profound veins to the point of making them perfect and whole, her will to die wouldn’t listen.” Jasmine said mercilessly. “Tens of years of bitter training, ruined in one morning. You simply don’t understand how it feels for one to fall from being half a step into the Emperor Profound Realm to being a cripple. You don’t understand what an unendurably large difference this is. Hmph, forget about her; let’s talk about you…if you were to lose all of the strength you had gained in this past year, if you were to lose all of your Divine Arts, can it be that you wouldn’t despair? As for her, she spent tens of years of hard work, so as to train to nearly the Emperor Profound Realm!”

    “No! I wouldn’t!” Yun Che’s gaze was resolute. “No matter what I lose, as long as I don’t lose my life, as long as I am still alive, then there is hope for getting it all back. Life is the greatest hope of all. When you are alive, anything is possible!”

    Now look at that answer! Let that sink!
    This opinion of his isn't because of Jasmine, no, it is deep within his bones and brilliantly characterizes Yun Che. To people who are important to him and had no hope left, Yun Che smacked this attitude into their faces so that they won't give up. Just where is this attitude now? Yes, this is a hard situation for Yun Che right now, but he is still alive! "Life is the greatest hope of all!" Even annoying Wentian has this opinion! Why couldn't Yun Che just throw that into LDE's face? Why can't he tell that to himself too? He is depressed, right, but it seems to me that Mars tries really hard right now to just ignore nearly everything he made Yun Che say in the past.
    He IS the MC and his characteristics ("I will keep walking even against all odds.") is a large factor what made me enjoy ATG so much in the past. He was in far worse situations in the past (where death could have hit him any millisecond) and he still did't give up. He still kept on fighting. Fast forward to the current situation: He is still alive! He won't die the next millisecond! LDE also won't! In fact, she has two more years left. 2 years! If anyone knows if miracles can happen during that timespan, it's Yun Che! So god damnit tell that to her, Yun Che, and don't act all passively. Ahhh!

    Ophis said:
    Those cases are different. In Yuechan's case, Yun Che had an assured way of curing her as well he himself was in good health. But with Caiyi, not only does Yun Che have an almost guaranteed death sentence hanging over his head, he doesn't have a single clue of what to do to prolong her life.

    Yun Che himself could die even before Caiyi because of the Devil Orb. How could Yun Che scream at her that she'll definitely not die when he's apparently in a hopeless situation himself? That would just look like a an angry child throwing a tantrum.

    Of course, there's at least still 3 months till their fight with Wentian, so Yun Che could change his attitude back to his confident self before then. Just give time its due.

    He was not assured to survive the Dragon Trial though. He was nearly brought to his death during the first trial round, yet he always told Chu Yuechan not to lose hope. You could have also said back then "What! Thus guy is at death's door and he is still optimistic? What a joke!". Instead, Yun Che managed to turn the situation around and in the end really did deliver on his (blind) optimism he displayed during this trial. His persistence and his absolute will to survive is what created that miracle. If Yun Che hadn't surpassed his limits, he would never have created such a miracle in the first place. And in order for him to surpass his limits he absolutely believed in them being able to survive. Death was at his door, yet he ne never felt like giving up!

    I totally agree with this...his character was a complete change and big let down for now for me....
  • zapzer said:
    ??? the whole part of YC completely breaking down and crying into Cang Yue's arms i think paints a pretty clear picture of how Yun Che is currently feeling

    I'm referring to now.
  • zapzer said:
    ??? the whole part of YC completely breaking down and crying into Cang Yue's arms i think paints a pretty clear picture of how Yun Che is currently feeling

    I'm referring to now.
    it was only 3 chapters ago. during 2 of the those chapters, he was busy watching and dealing with Xiao Yun's child. no idea where you getting the idea that hes completely fine or acting passive. the most recent chapter was just him healing the rest of his injuries and having one conversation with LDE. at the level YC is at now, promoting ranks and gaining strength isn't an overnight process. even if he sits in a cave with a bunch of Divine Crystals, he could probably only promote 1 maybe 2 levels of Profound Strength which isn't enough to deal with a XW who is also getting stronger. i think Mars has done a decent job showing how much shit they are in even though im not really a fan of XW's character. 
  • zapzer said:
    not really sure what you are talking about. in ACC, it was just Yun Che, with the occassional reunion with Su Ling'er. now Yun Che is 2nd in Command in IDR, has multiple lovers and wives, and is surrounded by friends and family. the two situations aren't comparable. plus it makes sense for there to be character growth as Yun Che matures. 

    not really sure how people still don't get that XW currently is at an unbeatable level with no solution in sight plus YC has a ticking time bomb within himself that he has no idea how to solve. add on to that all of his obligations and responsibilities to his family, friends, lovers, and country, theres an unbelievable amount of pressure on YC and he has no idea how to relieve it.  lol and you're saying you can't believe YC isn't acting like he would if it was just him on his own. like wtf?
    He is responsible for entire continent or even two, true. And that's why I don't understand why right now when the crisis is the biggest he is basically opposite what you would expect from him! I mean, that guy was like madman who were seeking for death basically from chapter 1 but he would never, ever let yourself or anyone close to him to die, especially his women. No matter what he would only let himself die to save his women and family, but even if he was like "well, this is it, at least I saved Qingyue/Xue'er" to the very end he was doing EVERYTHING to survive. And when Yuechen or his family haven't been saved yet even though he was practically dead he was still hanging to his life like madman because like he said on numerous occasions before "death ends everything" and "I can't protect the loved one when I'm dead".

    And now we have YC that is like "oh, well, I'm powerless and I'm going to die, at least I will TRY to save my family, because I'm probably going to die anyway". That's quite a change, don't you think?
  • edited July 2017

    Ophis said:

    Completely different situations. Yun Che was not assured that he could pass the trial, but the hope and opportunity were there, it all depended on his efforts alone. 

    The Devil Orb is not a matter of effort and willpower. Neither Jasmine nor the Golden Crow could deal with the Devil Orb, and now the Golden Crow barely managed to help Yun Che seal it. The scale of hopelessness of those situations are worlds apart. Just like with what happened in Yu Luo's case, pure will to survive will not save Yun Che, and both he and the Golden Crow are well aware of it. Next eruption of the Devil Orb and probably not even the Golden Crow will be able to suppress it.
    I don't think that's entirely true (the bold part). Without Chue Yuechan creating a temporary barrier when Yun Che was knocked out and without him leveling up GWotB (effort is not the only factor in upgrading it), no matter how much effort he would have invested, the outcome of the fight would still be the same: death.
    However, only thanks to his effort and his will to survive did he create the possibility of a final victory. Only thanks to his unbelievable efforts did he make Chu Yuechan leave her despairing state and enabled her to remember about the (temporary) barrier she could create. His efforts alone didn't guarantee his survival -- remember, he lost the fight against the final boss -- but thanks to his efforts he stayed alive a bit longer and thus created the possibility of changing the outcome of the battle by some miracle.

    "Life is the greatest hope of all!"

    To make it more clear: Even if his own efforts currently aren't enough to save him/his family, they perhaps make him stay alive a little bit longer. The longer he stays alive, even if death is still imminent, the higher the chance he will create a miracle (even if still very very low). In the trial, he absolutely couldn't count on a GWotB level-up, yet he never gave up, no matter how dire the situation. If he would have resigned at some point during the fight, that level-up would have never been achieved. Him fighting until his last breath wouldn't have changed the realistic outcome (assuming no GWotB upgrade) -- death at the hands of the final boss -- but it created the possibility of a miracle! This is what bothers me in the current situation. Even if death is looming over his head, even if LDE is about to die in 2 years, even if giving everything he's got won't change the overall situation, it might just keep him alive for that little bit longer to achieve a miracle.

    That is what Yun Che's "Life is the greatest hope of all!" is all about! You never know what will happen. Perhaps a miracle really won't happen. But if Yun Che just resigns to his fate (or LDEs fate), if he/LDE gives up hoping that there might be a different outcome, then very likely there will not be a miracle.

    Who knows what will happen? Yun Che of all people should know -- and he knows -- that he of all people seems to enjoy the most luck. He of all people knows that even if his situation seems to be doomed, even if all odds are against him, hanging on for that little bit longer can actually create a miracle. He also know that -- no matter how lucky he is -- without persistance and the will to survive a miracle won't happen.

    So what if he can't beat Wentian right now? Back then, he wasn't the match of the final boss as well, yet he never acted like all hope was lost. So what if he cannot control the Devil Bead right now? Not being able to control it would mean his death, but that would be nothing new to him. He already was in so many situations where he knew (possible) death was waiting for him yet he never gave up. And that enabled miracles to arrive Yun Che absolutely couldn't count on in the beginning!

    ---
    So, I would have liked to see Yun Che interrupt LDE and shut her up with: "Life is the greatest hope of all!"
    He is there to give his family/friends support and who other than Yun Che can credible say that no matter how dire your situation, you should never give up hope? Even if your death is imminent, you should never resign to it because a miracle might just be around the corner!
    I missed that part in the conversation adn I hope that Yun Che will get that attitude back. Not just for the current situation but also in the case of Chu Yuechan. She was saved by the Snow Phoenix after all, so that means hope, no matter how small!
  • edited July 2017
    zapzer said:
    it was only 3 chapters ago. during 2 of the those chapters, he was busy watching and dealing with Xiao Yun's child. no idea where you getting the idea that hes completely fine or acting passive. the most recent chapter was just him healing the rest of his injuries and having one conversation with LDE. at the level YC is at now, promoting ranks and gaining strength isn't an overnight process. even if he sits in a cave with a bunch of Divine Crystals, he could probably only promote 1 maybe 2 levels of Profound Strength which isn't enough to deal with a XW who is also getting stronger. i think Mars has done a decent job showing how much shit they are in even though im not really a fan of XW's character. 


    I didn't say he was completely fine, but that Mars didn't show otherwise; I think he should at least have given some hints in the conversation with Caiyi instead of showing such a relaxed Yun Che to avoid giving off a weird feeling as it did (for me).

    Same goes for his posture. His conversation with Caiyi made me feel he is not as concerned/anxious with the current situation as he should be. If he really is still depressed, he should be more anxious with his predicaments.
  • zapzer said:
    it was only 3 chapters ago. during 2 of the those chapters, he was busy watching and dealing with Xiao Yun's child. no idea where you getting the idea that hes completely fine or acting passive. the most recent chapter was just him healing the rest of his injuries and having one conversation with LDE. at the level YC is at now, promoting ranks and gaining strength isn't an overnight process. even if he sits in a cave with a bunch of Divine Crystals, he could probably only promote 1 maybe 2 levels of Profound Strength which isn't enough to deal with a XW who is also getting stronger. i think Mars has done a decent job showing how much shit they are in even though im not really a fan of XW's character. 


    I didn't say he was completely fine, but that Mars didn't show otherwise; I think he should at least have given some hints in the conversation with Caiyi instead of showing such a relaxed Yun Che to avoid giving off a weird feeling as it did (for me).

    Same goes for his posture. His conversation with Caiyi made me feel he is not as concerned/anxious with the current situation as he should be. If he really is still depressed, he should be more anxious with his predicaments.
    its not in his character to show weakness in front of his loved ones. they are all counting on him for morale support, not sure why you want him to be a whiny little crybaby. 

    zapzer said:
    not really sure what you are talking about. in ACC, it was just Yun Che, with the occassional reunion with Su Ling'er. now Yun Che is 2nd in Command in IDR, has multiple lovers and wives, and is surrounded by friends and family. the two situations aren't comparable. plus it makes sense for there to be character growth as Yun Che matures. 

    not really sure how people still don't get that XW currently is at an unbeatable level with no solution in sight plus YC has a ticking time bomb within himself that he has no idea how to solve. add on to that all of his obligations and responsibilities to his family, friends, lovers, and country, theres an unbelievable amount of pressure on YC and he has no idea how to relieve it.  lol and you're saying you can't believe YC isn't acting like he would if it was just him on his own. like wtf?
    He is responsible for entire continent or even two, true. And that's why I don't understand why right now when the crisis is the biggest he is basically opposite what you would expect from him! I mean, that guy was like madman who were seeking for death basically from chapter 1 but he would never, ever let yourself or anyone close to him to die, especially his women. No matter what he would only let himself die to save his women and family, but even if he was like "well, this is it, at least I saved Qingyue/Xue'er" to the very end he was doing EVERYTHING to survive. And when Yuechen or his family haven't been saved yet even though he was practically dead he was still hanging to his life like madman because like he said on numerous occasions before "death ends everything" and "I can't protect the loved one when I'm dead".

    And now we have YC that is like "oh, well, I'm powerless and I'm going to die, at least I will TRY to save my family, because I'm probably going to die anyway". That's quite a change, don't you think?
    i don't get, how you don't get, that those are two massively different incomparable situations in which Yun Che is obviously going to act differently in....
  • edited July 2017
    zapzer said:
    its not in his character to show weakness in front of his loved ones. they are all counting on him for morale support, not sure why you want him to be a whiny little crybaby. 

    I didn't say Yun Che should expose the state of his mind/concern to the people around him, what I meant was that Mars should have revealed to us, readers what is going on within Yun Che's head right now.
    ---------------------------

    Man, this discussion is getting too complicated...
  • edited July 2017
    @Amun ;


    Of course Yun Che knows all of that, but simply because he knows doesn't mean his emotional state will match that. Yun Che is not a machine. Moreover, The Devil Orb and Wentian are clearly not the  biggest blow Yun Che received in those recent chapters; it was the probable death of Yuechan and their child.

    It's been merely 6 chapters since he started being depressed because of Jasmine's departure, the Devil Orb and Wentian, and 3 chapters since discovering the probable death of Yuechan. You people expecting Yun Che to just brush it all off in just a day or two is ridiculous.

    It's obvious that Yun Che will get back to his confident self soon, but at least give the author the proper time to actually set things up.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • zapzer said:
    its not in his character to show weakness in front of his loved ones. they are all counting on him for morale support, not sure why you want him to be a whiny little crybaby. 

    I didn't say Yun Che should expose the state of his mind/concern to the people around him, what I meant was that Mars should have revealed to us, readers what is going on within Yun Che's head right now.
    ---------------------------

    Man, this discussion is getting too complicated...
    lol i just don't get what you're saying. what happened when he heard Jasmine's message is more than enough info for the readers to get how YC is feeling. YC just doesn't have the luxury to truly mourn/sulk atm due to how much shit everyone is in. 
  • edited July 2017
    zapzer said:
    lol i just don't get what you're saying. what happened when he heard Jasmine's message is more than enough info for the readers to get how YC is feeling. YC just doesn't have the luxury to truly mourn/sulk atm due to how much shit everyone is in. 

    I'm referring to now (2), on his conversation with Caiyi. 
  • edited July 2017
    zapzer said:
    lol i just don't get what you're saying. what happened when he heard Jasmine's message is more than enough info for the readers to get how YC is feeling. YC just doesn't have the luxury to truly mourn/sulk atm due to how much shit everyone is in. 

    I'm referring to now (2), on his conversation with Caiyi. 
    its only been a couple of days since then. the whole chapter is pretty much about a lack of hope because they don't see any way of contending with XW so they are probably going to be forced to run away. lol you and that other dude are somehow getting an upbeat positive mood from this, and I'm just not seeing it. sure there was some flirting going on in the chapter, but LDE literally just decided to that she was going to practically suicide in 3 months time in order to preserve her honor as Empress and allow them to escape. thats not really a positive/everything's fine vibe...
  • edited July 2017
    Ophis said:
    It's been merely 6 chapters since he started being depressed because of Jasmine's departure, the Devil Orb and Wentian, and 3 chapters since discovering the probable death of Yuechan. You people expecting Yun Che to just brush it all off in just a day or two is ridiculous.
    What? I never expected him to just brush it off. In fact, if you recall, I was complaining about him acting like everything is fine (alias "he just brushed it off").

    Now, since appararently my main complaint still hasn't been understood: He just doesn't interrupt LDE and shows her that her thinking to die alone is just ridiculous! As if Yun Che would accept her dying. Instead of just smiling and letting LDE have the final word in that conversation, he should make it clear for her once and for all:
    "Life is the greatest hope of all!"

    That is his character, and even if Yun Che himself depressed right now, there is no reason to just let LDE have the final word in that conversation! And it's exactly in times like these that the attitude

    "Life is the greatest hope of all!"
    is the most important of all! And the only one who can credibly stand for it is Yun Che! Let's say he really doesn't see hope for himself anymore (regarding the Devil Bead). That still doesn't mean he shouldn't try to correct the (despairing) thinking of his family! @zapzer previously said the even if Yun Che is depressed, he won't treat his family as shit. So then, why wasn't there an angry rebuke by Yun Che? Why didn't he push against LDE's resignation towards her fate?
  • edited July 2017
    The last chapter is even more ridiculous than I thought:

    Yun Che aspirated slightly, quite disconsolate [say / way]: „These three months, because of Xue'er, my profound strength flies to rise suddenly suddenly. The scope of growth any time was bigger than the past, I felt that the entire photograph was reborn thoroughly, achieves had a dream in the past has not thought of Realm, even had one type already the feeling of Unparalleled Under Heaven.

    For real? Did you just forget about Jasmine/Yu Luo, not to mention Jasmine's dad? People who can kill you by just lifting their fingers?

    Yun Che was arrogant before but I've never seen this kind of arrogance being displayed by him (we have seen this kind of arrogance only being displayed by certain Young Masters or Clan/Sect/Palace leaders). I guess XW influenced Yun Che quite a bit with all his talk about "this venerable this...this venerable that...".

    Seriously, that statement by Yun Che is just plain ridiculous and completely out of touch with what we have seen from him so far. He of all people should know how insignificant he currently his. He couldn't even prevent his love Jasmine from being forced to leave him, yet here he is spouting nonsense about being "unparalleled under heaven".

    That certainly is a change of his character but definitely not one for the better.
    ---
    On another note: Regarding Mars' comment about the upcoming ACC arc: I believe we will see the SG arc resolution before the ACC arc, as I just can't picture Yun Che taking the whole IDR population with him to ACC. However, if he doesn't do that, LDE will never forgive him (as Yun Che woud take her with him) so I believe we will see the SG conclusion before the beginning of the ACC arc.
    ---
    The way the chapter ended gives Mars the opportunity to switch the focus. Perhaps back to the DPS? Fingers crossed!!!
  •  qing Yue She'll be back?

  •  qing Yue She'll be back?


    No clue yet.

    Amun said:
    That certainly is a change of his character but definitely not one for the better.

    I don't know why but the state Yun Che is in right now is remembering a certain character from HSSB, who had become kinda insane.
  • edited July 2017
    Amun said:
    The last chapter is even more ridiculous than I thought:

    Yun Che aspirated slightly, quite disconsolate [say / way]: „These three months, because of Xue'er, my profound strength flies to rise suddenly suddenly. The scope of growth any time was bigger than the past, I felt that the entire photograph was reborn thoroughly, achieves had a dream in the past has not thought of Realm, even had one type already the feeling of Unparalleled Under Heaven.

    For real? Did you just forget about Jasmine/Yu Luo, not to mention Jasmine's dad? People who can kill you by just lifting their fingers?

    Yun Che was arrogant before but I've never seen this kind of arrogance being displayed by him (we have seen this kind of arrogance only being displayed by certain Young Masters or Clan/Sect/Palace leaders). I guess XW influenced Yun Che quite a bit with all his talk about "this venerable this...this venerable that...".

    Seriously, that statement by Yun Che is just plain ridiculous and completely out of touch with what we have seen from him so far. He of all people should know how insignificant he currently his. He couldn't even prevent his love Jasmine from being forced to leave him, yet here he is spouting nonsense about being "unparalleled under heaven".

    That certainly is a change of his character but definitely not one for the better.
    ---
    On another note: Regarding Mars' comment about the upcoming ACC arc: I believe we will see the SG arc resolution before the ACC arc, as I just can't picture Yun Che taking the whole IDR population with him to ACC. However, if he doesn't do that, LDE will never forgive him (as Yun Che woud take her with him) so I believe we will see the SG conclusion before the beginning of the ACC arc.
    ---
    The way the chapter ended gives Mars the opportunity to switch the focus. Perhaps back to the DPS? Fingers crossed!!!
    i mean, its pretty strongly implied that his comment about being unparalleled under heaven is only in the context of Blue Pole Star because obviously ( and its pretty obvious) that he's no where near RoTG power levels. 

    and he really is super super strong considering the power levels on BPS. from XW's comment about his power level its hard to tell if YC is as strong as normal head of SG XW or the previous fighting LDE in FJ's body XW. either way that puts him at in the top 5 of the billions and billions of people on BPS. thats a power level that he got promoted to in only a short span of 3 months, and yet it is still not enough to beat the anomaly that is the current XW. if it wasn't for XW, his comment about being unparalleled might be true because of his immunity to fire which might make him stronger in a 1v1 match up with either Feng Xue'er or LDE.

    his comment is completely reasonable because even though he one of the strongest people on BPS right now ( a power up that he got in only a few short months, like the dude is 23 and one of the strongest people on this world), yet its not enough considering the current 1st ranked person is hell bent on killing you and is still alot stronger than you. 

    lol i think your outrage over YC's statement is pretty ridiculous and completely out of touch with the story's context of still being on BPS.

    EDIT:
    i mean what do you think was more likely?
    1) that YC, himself, obviously was talking in the context of BPS power levels.
    or
    2) that YC, himself, thought that his current power level was like that of a peak True God, and literally unparalleled under the heavens.

    i mean context is super important.
Sign In or Register to comment.