Uh quick question.

Is it a common occurrence in the Chinese culture for there to be so much of a rape-y vibe to everything?
Or am I just unlucky in the choices of novels made so far (AST and MGA) I get the harem thing to an extent but
by golly the sheer amount of forceful copulations/interactions is ridiculous. I feel as if I'm reading smut with a
terrible plot, it doesn't help being poor of eyesight I have to use Text to speech and I cringe at some of the chapters.

Comments

• edited July 2017
    hartzl0r3 said:
    Is it a common occurrence in the Chinese culture for there to be so much of a rape-y vibe to everything?
    Or am I just unlucky in the choices of novels made so far (AST and MGA) I get the harem thing to an extent but
    by golly the sheer amount of forceful copulations/interactions is ridiculous. I feel as if I'm reading smut with a
    terrible plot, it doesn't help being poor of eyesight I have to use Text to speech and I cringe at some of the chapters.
    your choice of novels, but if you look at it from a different aspect, these novels are set in sort of ancient times, so likely rape could have been a common occurrence in asia or the rest of the world for that matter... its just the way the chinese authors go about it that is annoying and quite disturbing, as they portray rape as a good thing if it was the mc... 

use novelupdates.com to find novels, there are tags there and each novel that has a rape tag you could just ignore...
  • hartzl0r3 said:
    your choice of novels, but if you look at it from a different aspect, these novels are set in sort of ancient times, so likely rape could have been a common occurrence in asia or the rest of the world for that matter... its just the way the chinese authors go about it that is annoying and quite disturbing, as they portray rape as a good thing if it was the mc... 

use novelupdates.com to find novels, there are tags there and each novel that has a rape tag you could just ignore...
    Just look at Europe in the Middle Ages. Things like First Night and others existed for a loooog time. 
  • TL;DR  Read ISSTH or RI(Renegade Immortal) as they most likely have none of raping or at least in case of RI not much of a harem.

Renegade Immortal or I Shall Seal The Heavens might be a better choice with no rape so far in RI, not sure about ISSTH as I haven't read past chapter 80, but I assume this author is not into raping or ~13 years old(body) having sex or being raped by the mc. 
    As someone stated somewhere on the forum, you can imagine what author is actually thinking when they write the story, if there is a rape + lolis then author most likely accept that in some way. 

In any case, this is just a text/story, in ATG author likes to give you detailed description of "beautiful" girls(never heard of any ugly girl in the story tho as most characters are either male, or beautiful girl...).