Latest chapter discussion

Comments

• Wow that was really unexpected. I wasn't hoping for even one chapter today, let alone two.
  • Wow that was really unexpected. I wasn't hoping for even one chapter today, let alone two.
    Now let's only hope for exciting content! Screaming ImpossibleTian?
  • I find it funny how many people bring up YCs profound handle, he never uses it in a fight and I'm pretty sure he won't anytime soon.
    I find it funny how many people bring up YCs profound handle, he never uses it in a fight and I'm pretty sure he won't anytime soon.
    He does use it , he did it against Moon Devil Sovereign. It's just that Profound handle's consumption is too much which is why he uses it only when he's facing a very tough opponent.

I don't remember it being mentioned that his Profound Handle had high profound energy consumption, but do know that in order to bring out his cyan Profound Handle he had to forcefully open up the third gate Purgatory and forcefully opening up a gate causes his profound energy consumption to rise. 

To be honest I don't think the Profound Handle by itself consumes their(Yun Family) profound energy, the reason I think this is because when Yun Canghai was under the effects of the Heaven’s Might Soul Suppressing Formation he was still able to use his Profound Handle, he was just unable to combine his profound arts(purple cloud arts) with it. 

Since his grandfather wasn't able to demonstrate to him the proper usage of the Profound Handle due to the Heaven’s Might Soul Suppressing Formation suppressing his profound energy; so when Yun Che first used it in a fight it was used in a crude way with no profound arts imbued in it(seriously YC pretty much just shot it at that Phoenix assassin's head). But later he probably got a better understanding of it's combat usage after he saw the way the Yun Family used it in a fight.

But that's not the main reason, most of Yun Che's fights happen in Profound Sky Continent and as you already know that if he had used his Profound Handle in PSC then SG would have found out that he was from the Yun Family of IDR and the 4SG would then have attacked him.

- In the IDR youngsters tournament he was hiding his identity so he didn't use it.
    - When he was facing off against DPE he avoided using so as not to be exposed as a 'demon'.
    - When he was fighting Fen Jeuchen there was still the risk of being exposed as a'demon'.
    - In the Moon Slaughter Devil's Nest there where no witnesses and the Eternal Night Devil King was pushing Yun Che to his absolute limit so he ended up using his Profound Handle (this time correctly).

Currently his identity in PSC is already exposed so there's no need to hide it(hold back) anymore, right now he is in IDR fighting against an opponent who is stronger than him; so there is no reason he shouldn't be using his Profound Handle.
  • I believe the author is making an error whereby YC, a Tyrant 6 which is equivalent to Divine 6 would be struggling with Sword Venerable except he wants to tell me that Sword Venerable is @ Divine 7-9 which is false
    Blessed are those who ain't xpectin 4 surely they shall never ever be disappointed>>>Mars Snail

2 much ANALYSIS "may" likely lead to PARALYSIS...
  • I believe the author is making an error whereby YC, a Tyrant 6 which is equivalent to Divine 6 would be struggling with Sword Venerable except he wants to tell me that Sword Venerable is @ Divine 7-9 which is false
    at tyrant 6, he is only at level 10-half divine range of profound strength, not divine 6. theres not going to be two realm jumping in RoTG because that would just be completely absurd since he would also be fighting against people with divine bodies/bloodlines/techniques/weapons/etc. 

and while it was really obvious that Fen Juechen wasn't actually dead, its still so lame that Mars is hell bent on dragging out XW as a villain as long as he possibly can. 
  • edited July 2017
    What? It would be absurd if just Tyrant Level 6 is enough for Yun Che to fight against against Divine Level 6...As I listed previously, I see Yun Che close to the same level as LDE on average (without Rumbling Heaven). In fact, it looks like he is still a bit weaker than LDE.

---
    About the fight: Not much screen time for Hong'er, hmmm, a but unrealistic after her performance against the MSDS, wouldn't you agree? Also, why didn*t Yun Che use Rumbling Heaven? It should be clear to him that he will have to go all out in his current form...

Anyway, as expected, Wentian will probably manage to escape. Now then, will I finally get my DPS massacre?
  • As I thought, Roachtian won't die until he reaches 100% of his power and still loses. Even then he STILL might not die until another fight with reinforcements. In the meantime though, Yun Che has more "powering up" to do. 

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

• edited July 2017
    Amun said:
    What? It would be absurd if just Tyrant Level 6 is enough for Yun Che to content against Divine Level 6....

---
    About the fight: Not much screen time for Hong'er, hmmm, a but unrealistic after her performance against the MSDS, wouldn't you agree?
    Anyway, as expected, Wentian will probably manage to escape. Now then, will I finally get my DPS massacre?
    XW is still in IDR, the fight isn't over yet... the Heaven Smiting sword was mentioned alot during this 2 chapters and caused alot of dmg to XW. 

i can't believe YC actually pondered what to do in this chapter when he still hasn't opened the 4th gate yet... the good news is that we probably get to see Jasmine's memories and gifts in teh next chapter or 2. which might trigger a 5th stage breakthrough so there can be a good final rematch between XW and YC. 
  • edited July 2017
    What I also find rather hard to believe is that Yun Che's speed is now slower than Wentian. Seriously? Back at EPR Level 6, Yun Che was said to be slightly faster than the SG leaders. While he was still slower than LDE, he was more than a complete Realm below his current level and there is still a huge speed difference between Wentian and him? Not sure how realistic that is...Any comments how you guys see that?

--
    @zapzer

They all seem to be quite exhausted so I doubt Yun Che/Xue'er/LDe can actually pursue fuckinTian. Yun Che could, with the Ark, but I'm not sure he will use it.

---
    Yeah, at this point, a GWotB upgrade is desperatly needed!
  • edited July 2017
    Amun said:
    What I also find rather hard to believe is that Yun Che's speed is now slower than Wentian. Seriously? Back at EPR Level 6, Yun Che was said to be slightly faster than the SG leaders. While he was still slower than LDE, he was more than a complete Realm below his current level and there is still a huge speed difference between Wentian and him? Not sure how realistic that is...Any comments how you guys see that?
    tbh, the power levels in this fight are so muddled to me. hard to tell how strong everyone actually is, considering Heaven Smiting sword is such a cheat. 
  • For the past 400-500 chaptas, YC had been jumping 2 realms so I don't see why Tyrant 6 is no longer applied or applicable to Divine 6 anymore?
    Blessed are those who ain't xpectin 4 surely they shall never ever be disappointed>>>Mars Snail

• edited July 2017
    @Sageof6partz ;;;;

In fact, since EPR level 6, the observation that "Yun could fight even against two exact realms above his" wasn't true anymore. Back when he was EPR level 6 he was by no means a match for sixth level Monarch. And since the difference in strength seems to be getting more and more with each new (realm) level, just an increase in Profound levels isn't enough for Yun Che to keep that observation valid. At this point, he needs further improvements in his arsenal (GWotB!)...

---
    I am not sure how to feel about this fight, to be honest. While I like - and think it is realistic - that Yun Che isn't stronger than LDE yet, I find it hard to believe that Hong'er - outside from delivering painful injuries - didn't have more influence on the fight. Where was her Soul and Realm Surpression as seen in the fight against MSDS? Where was her restriction of 30% of the attacks as seen in the cave?
    When Yun Che was desperate and asking himself "what to do?", where was Rumbling Heaven? Why didn't he use Dragon Soul Domain longer? A few more seconds should have definitely been possible, as his Soul/mind strength got quite an upgrade after the fight against the MSDS...

So, all in all, I think the fight was pretty badly executed by Mars. Too many questions were opened by it...
  • edited July 2017
    If XW escapes and absorbs 100% of the devil power, the three of them won't even be able to put up a fight. And since he's not a pure devil, Hong'er will probably have a lesser effect on XW. It will be somewhere between the damage done to Juechen and MSDS. And as retaliation for Xue'er, he'll probably flatten DPE, if he hasen't done so already. I wonder how Yun Che will catch up quickly enough. Whatever Jasmine left will not increase his profound power by much. The reason he's not using Rumbling Heaven is probably because he needs to be at sovereign level to use it successfully.

And it seems obvious that Mars is about to make LDE slip off into a coma or something. The amount of her injuries and declining life force will make Yun Che furious enough to wreck the 4 SGs, especially MHSR. The 4SGs will probably join forces under XW against IDR, spouting justice and other similar nonsense.
    LDE has only 2 years or less of time left. So he'll have to hurry to find a cure for her. If it's the black jade from the MSDS, then he needs to figure it out quick.
    The Universe will end one fine day. Nothing really matters. Cheers anyway!
  • edited July 2017
    I just don't know, man, the whole Fen Juechen scene in this fight just feels rather forced to me...Like for fuck's sake, Crazytian is being presented as sooo strong right now and he can't manage to eradicate the remaning tiny amount of soul left of FJ on multiple occasions? What the actual fuck!

„Fen Juechen... is Fen Juechen!” Yun Che pleasantly surprised to yell.
    That was the one scene where I was shaking my head in disbelief. Seriously?

In general, I can't help but get the feeling that ATG is getting more and more worse with every chapter coming...We had to endure crazytian for so long and instead of getting him to scream "Impossible" "How...this venerable...you trivial mortals...ahhhh" and more such scenes showing his pure disbelief, all we get is him screaming "Ahhhh" when receiving an injury and the "impossible" talk only happens when FJ joined the fight. I was truly expecting more by Mars in that regard, especially after all the boasting of that insane guy.
    Wasn't the trask talking and face slapping once a major part of ATG? It's been quite a while since I've seen it in a satisfying execution and I was expecting to get one during this fight. Unfortunately, it more and more looks to me that Mars is gradually deviating from the writing style which once defined ATG.

• I could accept XW being stronger than the three of them put together. And it would be awesome if Yun Che used the most of his divine legacies and his cunning to even the odds. Like how he uses Frozen arts for defense; it was a nice change, but far too short.
    The Fen Juechen thing feels a little forced. Like Fairy tail's power of friendship crap, or in this case, power of rivalry. Maybe the reader in China really like Juechen, so Mars keeps bringing him back.
    The old 'impossible' talk is being avoided and this change is not totally unwelcome. But I don't want a full shift in the style altogether. XW has some good villain traits, but those were not developed properly. And now he simply feels stale.
  • FJ the Immortal roach.
    Welp another 2-3 month to power up some more. Prob a few lvl's in GWOTB would do the trick.
    Watch him take out the piece of black jade and try to absorb the power inside with gwotb, then he discovers the endless energy of the universe in it and starts cultivating it :/
  • Mars should better explain to me why Yun Che can't use the Ark now to teleport straight to XW and finish him off with Dragon Soul Domain/Rumbling Heaven (RH). No way would a (very) short use of RH cause the same injuries to him as it did back in the cave.
  • edited July 2017
    So, what happened to our Yun Che who can be desperate during fights? What happened to Rumbling Heaven? This was the most disappointing fight in the whole series of ATG till now.
  • Maybe he's not good enough to use Rumbling Heaven right now. He's probably reserved it for desperate situations only. If he misses, he won't get a second shot.
  • edited July 2017
    Maybe he's not good enough to use Rumbling Heaven right now. He's probably reserved it for desperate situations only. If he misses, he won't get a second shot.
    I'll let that count. However, instead of relying on FJ, who, by any account, should have been thoroughly eliminated by Wentian by now, the chapter would have been sooooo much better if YUn Che would have trashed him using RH and forced him to retreat. Yun Che and Co would be too exhausted to follow XW who in turn is too injured to keep fighting. Same situation like now but without the completely unrealistic (!!!) FJ crap!
    Mars really is writing more and more bullshit these days.

Anyway, if XW now kills DPS, which would be perfectly in line with his character, I would be mollified a bit. However, why do I feel like I will be left disappointed by Mars yet again? He is fucking ruining ATG with open eyes and the majority of readers is - presumably - telling him to stop writing this shit!!!
  • edited July 2017
    Maybe he's not good enough to use Rumbling Heaven right now. He's probably reserved it for desperate situations only. If he misses, he won't get a second shot.
    If he can't even sustain Rumbling Heaven that long then I don't see how Yun Che can win against XW(NO FJ BULLSHIT).How is YC supposed to power up to defeat XW who will come back even stronger.Whatever Jasmine left for him wasn't meant to increase his strength and a breakthrough in Great Way of the Buddha with Rumbling Heaven might not be enough.

I just hope Mars didn't dig a hole for himself. I really hope the next time XW and all the other SG's come together and we are done once and all for them and the fight can start without SG's vs Random YC related people first.

Edit:
    I forgot about the devil orb. I guess this will come into play. I mean if a few drop of Devil blood can make XW so strong , the devil orb could give a much better effect. I guess it's discussion time with Golden Crow now.
  • And it seems obvious that Mars is about to make LDE slip off into a coma or something. The amount of her injuries and declining life force will make Yun Che furious enough to wreck the 4 SGs, especially MHSR. The 4SGs will probably join forces under XW against IDR, spouting justice and other similar nonsense.
    LDE has only 2 years or less of time left. So he'll have to hurry to find a cure for her. If it's the black jade from the MSDS, then he needs to figure it out quick.
    Since I don't know what the Black Jade is; I'm going to put my hopes on the 4th Evil God skill Moon Star Restoration for now, going by the name it sounds like a healing skill or a skill that can restore things back to it's former state. I don't expect it to completely fix her, but maybe add a few more years to her life.
    Amun said:
    Mars should better explain to me why Yun Che can't use the Ark now to teleport straight to XW and finish him off with Dragon Soul Domain/Rumbling Heaven (RH). No way would a (very) short use of RH cause the same injuries to him as it did back in the cave.
    He probably has to reach GWOTB lvl5 or increase his Dragon God bloodline in order to forcefully open up Rumbling Heaven without possibly killing himself in the process.
  • edited July 2017
    Could someone tell me everything that happened from the wedding to the latest raws? I was reading the mtl on lnmtl until the poison lady showed up looking for Jasmine. I could tell right then and there Yun Che was going to lose Jasmine (whether the poison lady kills her or takes her away idk) but Mars wouldnt let Yun Che be in a safe place because then there is no story unless Yun Che is constantly about to be killed so he needed to lose the safety net that is Jasmine.

Also strength levels, profound handle colors, how many gates he can open, any progress on Buddha and dragon marrow integration. I read 1 chapter by skipping ahead from the wedding where the Golden Crow says YC is poisoned and Xue'er needs to f**k him to save him (Of course Mars. That makes all the sense in the world and is the only natural cure). So I'm interested in power-ups

Much appreciated .
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • edited July 2017
    Could someone tell me everything that happened from the wedding to the latest raws? I was reading the mtl on lnmtl until the poison lady showed up looking for Jasmine. I could tell right then and there Yun Che was going to lose Jasmine (whether the poison lady kills her or takes her away idk) but Mars wouldnt let Yun Che be in a safe place because then there is no story unless Yun Che is constantly about to be killed so he needed to lose the safety net that is Jasmine.

Also strength levels, profound handle colors, how many gates he can open, any progress on Buddha and dragon marrow integration. I read 1 chapter by skipping ahead from the wedding where the Golden Crow says YC is poisoned and Xue'er needs to f**k him to save him (Of course Mars. That makes all the sense in the world and is the only natural cure). So I'm interested in power-ups 

Much appreciated .

You can read the Timeline to know basically what happened.

Read from this point onwards: 
    Volume 8 – Extremely Dark Clouds (Chapters: 801 - ???)
    – 7th Year's 2nd month's 22nd day (821-842)

Edit: Nah, here it is:

– 7th Year's 2nd month's 22nd day (821-842)

Jasmine brings Yun Che to the Divine Phoenix City.

Yun Che's and Xue'er's Engagement Banquet starts.

Yu Luo interrupts the Engagement Banquet.

Yu Luo kills Mo Chenfeng and 3 of Supreme Ocean Palace's Seven Venerable.

Jasmine leaves with Yu Luo.

The Engagement Banquet 'ends'.

Yun Che is attacked by Yu Luo's strand of hair and gets half-dead.

Xue'er brings Yun Che away.

Xuanyuan Wentian pursues Xue'er and Yun Che.

Fen Juechen intercepts Xuanyuan Wentian and starts to fight against him.

Xuanyuan Wentian forsakes his own body and gets his soul into Juechen's body, taking control over it.

The other three Sacred Masters start to pursue Xue'er and Yun Che.

The three Sacred Masters are intercepted by Huan Caiyi and they start to fight.

Huan Caiyi cuts off Ye Meixie's left arm.

The three Sacred Masters run away in defeat.

Yun Che brings Xue'er and Huan Caiyi to Floating Cloud City.

Huan Caiyi picks Cang Yue in Blue Wind Imperial City and brings everybody to Frozen Cloud Asgard.

Yun Che starts the 'recovering' process in the Frozen Cloud Wintry Spring.

– 7th Year's 3rd month's 2nd day (842-854)

Xuanyuan Wentian arrives in Frozen Cloud Asgard and starts to fight against Huan Caiyi.

The Frozen Cloud Asgard Palace is destroyed.

Xuanyuan Wentian runs away.

Yun Che brings everyone to Illusory Demon Realm.

Yun Che, Huan Caiyi and Feng Xue'er meet the Golden Crow Spirit.

Yun Qinghong and Mu Yurou meet Cang Yue, Xiao Lie, Xiao Lingxi and the Frozen Cloud Asgard members.

– 7th Year's 6th month's 2nd day (854-)

Xuanyuan Wentian attacks the northeast border of Illusory Demon Realm and head towards Demon Imperial City.

The Demon Imperial City Protection Profound Formation is activated and Xuanyuan Wentian arrives.

The three Grand Elders of the Yun Family are killed by Xuanyuan Wentian.

Yun Che, Caiyi and Xue'er arrive and start to fight against Xuanyuan Wentian.

Yun Che is said to be at the 6th level of the Tyrant Profound Realm.

Xue'er is said to be half-step into the Divine Profound Realm.

Xuanyuan Wentian is defeated and start his attempt to escape.
  • Could someone tell me everything that happened from the wedding to the latest raws? I was reading the mtl on lnmtl until the poison lady showed up looking for Jasmine. I could tell right then and there Yun Che was going to lose Jasmine (whether the poison lady kills her or takes her away idk) but Mars wouldnt let Yun Che be in a safe place because then there is no story unless Yun Che is constantly about to be killed so he needed to lose the safety net that is Jasmine.
    Torture happens, and by torture I meaning torture for the readers who read over 29 angst filled chapters where Yun Che the protagonist was half-dead and unconscious for majority of those chapters, but then at some point Mars decided to step his torture game up by giving the Oh so great Venerable one(Xuanyuan Wentian) too much screentime.
  • edited July 2017
    1. Jazz promised YC Star god moves---forget her latter excuse
    2. She also promised him a better deal after taking 3 Emperoic aka Sovereign blood but what did he get in return??? Star god no-increment levels???

My joy is that Moonflower has made him realise he still has a very long journey ahead before embarking on the ROTGs

• edited July 2017
    Well, this fight was really disappointing, it was too shallow, basically "x attacks y" "y tries to defends from x's attack". Yun Che acted like someone completely different from the cunning Yun Che from the past who had (and used to make use of his) vast fighting experience. That thing about Juechen is turning out to be too far-fetched as well.

I don't know what Mars is trying to do from the last few chapters. Like I said before, it's looking like the novel has been written by someone else in the last 3 chapters. I hope things will get back to how they were. I'm getting the feeling Mars is trying to rush the novel... I guess I'll know it by reading the next chapter.
  • edited July 2017
    In the next upcoming chapters, I would like Yun Che to become immune against the Devil Arts. Perhaps the Devil Bead or the unknown object left behind by the MSDS can be responsible for that. It would be awesome to see Yun Che being immune to XW who simply can't get enough of "this One obtained the powers of the Devil God...hahahaha, die...you lowly mortals!!!". It would also mean that the other SGs still very much have a chance to fight against the current Yun Che. If Yun Che however gets strong enough to defeat any practitioner as strong as Wentian regardless of the used Profound Arts, I strongly feel we won't see a fight with both AMS/SMDH.
    ---
    Looking at the comments both here and @lnmtl, a lot of disappointement seems to be going around now. It is sad to see such a great novel like ATG - perhaps - being written into the ground. For me, the first 700 chapters were close to perfectness and no other story on WW or even untranslated ones on Novelupdates could match ATG for me. Since chapter 700, however, and the "WTF is this shit" moments seem to be coming more and more often. There still were some occasional moments of brilliance (Jasmine's appearance at the meeting was badass and it was awesome when Yu Luo killed the SOP elders) but overall, those moments have been getting more and more rare. Even the Slice of Life chapters are seemingly starting to lose their brilliance a bit (GC valley scene wasn't even shown!).
    Especially the whole Arc right now (starting with Jasmine's leave and Yun Che being injured) seems to be too little/too inconsequential right now. (i.e. why is Ximing still alive?)

What I want to see:
    • The so much hyped "unprecendented crisis for DPS" to account for much more than a simple: "Hand over your resources."
    • Huangji's statement about the SGs being strong enough to content against LDE. What are AMS,SOP and SMDH doing?
    • Conclusion about FJ/XW: Seriously, this is so messed up by now. FJ could interrupt XW one time -- fine. But how in the world could he actually interrupt XW yet again?
    I don't want to see anymore individual fights. I want to finally see a massive battle between IDR and the SGs. The grudges have already been established and it's time to finally resolve them in a massive battle!

I hope the next fight we will see won't be between a few single people but rather a fight involving dozens of cultivators. We had plenty of indivdual fights by now and for the sake of both impact and progress speed, we have to get past these individual fights! (XW VS FJ, LDE VS three leaders, LDE VS Wentian, LDE/Xue'er/Yun Che VS Wentian). Either the SGS should start an all out attack on IDR or IDR starts an all out attack on them or Yun Che and Co crash the SGs directly. Just no more individual fights please!
  •  My predictions:
    -Wentian has to recover for a few months.
    -Yun Che discusses with Golden Crow about how to become strong,devil orb etc.
    -Golden Crow informs to use Vermilion Bird Flame to purify the bead and also informs the inheritance is in Azure Cloud Continent.
    -Yun Che leaves for Azure Cloud Continent. (a rushed plot for ACC). [Please don't rush the ACC plot Mars]
    -Wentian returns gathering all the Sacred Ground
    -Golden Crow fights Wentian 
    -Yun Che arrives at last minute and fights Wentian.

Of course, if Vermillion bird's inheritance is not in ACC then none of above will happen. What I am really hoping is for XW and SG's arc to end first so that we can explore ACC plot slowly. But, as always Mars looks like he will rush the plot as in his other novels. Sigh,making XW stronger with his every appearance seems to be for forcing MC to grow stronger. 
  • edited July 2017
    I think Hong'er has not got strong from the time Jasmine left to now, since Yun Che was unconscious and there was no one to feed her. So, somethings that will probably change until the next fight with Wentian:

- Yun Che will use Jasmine's gift, which will raise his Profound Strength
    - Hong'er will get way stronger than she is now since Yun Che's Profound Strength has grown so much, which should result in a stronger arm strength.
    - Yun Che's Phoenix Bloodline will get thicker through intercourse with Xue'er.

Now, things that maybe will change: 
    - Something can happen with the Devil Orb inside Yun Che, what could power him up.
    - Yun Che could breakthrough in the Great Way of the Buddha.

Wentian will probably wait until he fuses totally with the Devil Bloodline before he comes back to kill Yun Che, what would take from 2 to 3 months, so I wonder what will Yun Che be doing in this period of time. Maybe he'll keep training, but how would he train? During the 2-3 months before Wentian returns, he could:

- Cultivate in the Sea of Death (though it has gotten weaker).
    - Enter the Profound Ark and fight against the Profound Beasts inside to train.
    - Absorb Purple Veined Divine Crystals.
    - Torture himself to stimulate his Dragon God's Marrow.
    - Produce Ice Flames 24/7 since it apparently helps him to promote his strength.
    - Keep strengthening people with the Overlord Pellets.