Wu Dong Qian Kun drama!

I was randomly surfing the net to watch a drama and i found a drama that had Xianxia like title
"Martial Universe" - I click it and i find its the drama for Wu Dong Qian Kun.
(Didn't believe it till I read the synopsis).
It says it set to have 60 episodes, but none so far have been released.
However the website says its to be released this year (and i am guessing soon)
anyway here the link to where you can watch it.

There are other Dramas based upon novels so i think i should mention them.
one is:
When A Snail Falls in Love

Its 50% romance with 25% action and 25% mystery.
The novel quite good too and for romance i would say the actual novel is better.

Another one is:
Love O2O or the novel title A Slight Smile is Very Charming

This drama is much more accurate and follows the novel very closely.
The male lead role is going to be the same guy who plays Lin Dong in the Wu Dong Qian Drama (and thats the only reason im mentioning this drama.)
This drama is very much 90% romance with 5% gaming elements which then in turn gives 5% for action.
Heres the link

Comments

• Well, WDQK is 95% about hovering in air, while mutually spamming some asshole with energy projections. Can't see how live action could work with that.
  • Valheran said:
    Well, WDQK is 95% about hovering in air, while mutually spamming some asshole with energy projections. Can't see how live action could work with that.
    So basically Dragonball?
  • Valheran said:
    Well, WDQK is 95% about hovering in air, while mutually spamming some asshole with energy projections. Can't see how live action could work with that.
    So basically Dragonball?
    You're not wrong I suppose...
  • Love O2O is a nice romance novel/drama. For those that want something light with little drama, check it out. 
  • Hey guys!

I've posted some info on the drama series here (same forum, but under wdqk spoilers thread):

http://forum.wuxiaworld.com/discussion/7149/wu-dong-qian-kun-武动乾坤-tv-series#latest
  • Here's the character poster for the main lead LIN DONG played by Yang Yang (Chinese actor).

This drama will have 60 episodes, directed by Zhang Li, special effects by http://www.base-fx.com/ (whose works include Transformers, Jurassic World, Captain America, Star Wars and many more).  Wu Dong Qian Kun is the most anticipated drama in China - can't wait for this to be aired.

• Valheran said:
    According to the director (Zhang Li) the drama will be set in the culturally vibrant Spring & Autumn / Warring States Period, and that there would be more emphasis on the martial arts elements.  Let's hope there are more action scenes rather than CGIs.  I guess it would still need some cgi for weapons, seals, etc.

• LING QING ZHU is portrayed by Wang Li Kun (Chinese actress).

In an interview, Yang Yang (actor playing LIN DONG) said "The first half of the story would focus on Ling Qing Zhu (played by Wang Li Kun), who I like to tease.  She is like my protector. Ying Huan Huan (played by Zhang Tian Ai) is a nuisance, but I eventually fall for her charms."

• DIRECTOR ZHANG LI is a well known and respected Cinematographer turned Director in China.  He was the cinematographer for the epic war film "Battle of the Red Cliffs" (Chinese movie) which broke the box office record previously held by Titanic in mainland China.

• Wow i definitely have to watch this
  • YING HUAN HUAN is portrayed by Zhang Tian Ai (Chinese actress).  I can't decide which ship I want to sail .. LOL #teamQingZhu? or #teamHuanHuan?

• Some photos of actor Yang Yang playing the role of Lin Dong (+ a fantaken photo during filiming).

• Martial Universe - some of the sets / filiming sites (the wooden throne reminds me of GoT's iron throne :)

• edited June 2017
    Photo released today... Lin Dong (Yang Yang) and Little Marten.. so adorable. Can't wait for young Little Flame :)

• Photos released by Chinese actress Zhang Tian Ai playing the role of YING HUAN HUAN

• LIN LANGTIAN, Lin Dong's adversary, is played by Wu Zun (Taiwanese actor)

• Some behind the scenes photos.

• Wang Li Kun, portraying LING QING ZHU, posted some pix on her weibo site.

• Wonder if a group will pick this up to sub, would like to watch it.
  • Ryu Sheng said:
    Wonder if a group will pick this up to sub, would like to watch it.
    It was voted as the most anticipated drama in 2017 hopefully a group (Croton) will sub it and release on yt.
  • From top left (standing): Lin Lang Tian (Wu Chun), Lin Dong (Yang Yang), Little Flame (Shi Xiao Long); Little Marten (Suo Xiao Kun)
    middle (standing): Ling Qing Zhu (Wang Li Kun)
    sitting: Ying Huan Huan (Zhang Tian Ai)

MU82.jpg 383.9K
  • edited July 2017
    Here's the first released trailer - behind the scene / making of the drama:

• Wu Dong Qian Kun will be made into a game 3DMMO.  There will be an opening event (ChinaJoy) this year - the game is called Martial Universe (the same name as drama)

• Wu Dong Qian Kun drama will be released in 2018 (Summer). More teaser pics released this week