Ancient Strengthening Technique (Portraits of Beauty) *Spoilers*

Comments

• Will any of his family members or woman find out about his Realm of the Violet Jade Immortal?
  • are elder yun a virgin? some of you said she had a daughter, so i want to make sure
  • tempe said:
    are elder yun a virgin? some of you said she had a daughter, so i want to make sure
    yes
    she has a daughter with mc later on
  • Does madame  Duanmu give MC a child?
  • My thoughts on ending

I hope readers don't get disappointed when it comes to the ending. I mean, get ready for an axed ending with a lot of stuff left unexplained.

• edited May 2017
     Qing Shui & Yu He Married?
  • @peeplo2003 ;
    He definitely got her, if I recalled. However, it's very late into the novel.
  • Have anybody read the author's latest novel? Nine Territory Godly Emperor (九域神皇)
  • elon said:
    wargumm1i said:
    The MC and Di Chen are being very intimate in the latest translated chapters, I was wondering what chapter do they consummate the relationship? 
    Spoiler:
    ch 1476
    lmao

MC moves at snails pace with girls he wants and has
  • Will any of his wives/kids find out about the Realm of the Violet Jade Immortal?
    Is he ever able to bring other humans into the Realm with him ?
    Around what chapter does he become a Martial Emperor ?
    When does he first encounter a Martial Emperor ?

To my understanding, the world is called the world of the nine continents. I assume that means there's a total of nine continents. For a large part of the story I was given the impression that the mc is currently living on the Greencloud continent, which is to the west and also the weakest. I was also given the impression that he only knew of 4 other continents, or at the very least, he only ever talked about 4 others.
    Those 4 were the
    Central Continent(Suppose to be the strongest out of the 5)
    Northern Luo Continent (Where that beast tamer sect that he eventually has to go wipe out is)
    Southern Viewing Continent (Where he just got back from in the current translation)
    Eastern Victory Divine Continent (I don't know much about this one, I always assumed it was in the east though.)

Now it seems like all 5 of these so called continents are all one big continent ? Separated by uninhabited land ?
    And also the Greencloud continent is in the far east now ? Then where is the Eastern Victory Divine Continent ?

If the Central Continent is suppose to be the strongest, then what are the major powers. Originally he was told never to provoke the Duanmu clan along with 5 other powers, but lady Duanmu is the strongest in her clan and she was only a Grade 8 Martial Saint when he met her. Yet he goes to a city on the Southern Viewing Continent and that city alone has 4+ clans that could absolutely crap all over the Duanmu clan.

Does the layout of the world continue to never make any sense ?
  • the author changes his mind a lot. almost nothing makes sense if u try to join previous logic with current one
  • Will any of his wives/kids find out about the Realm of the Violet Jade Immortal?
    Is he ever able to bring other humans into the Realm with him ?
    Around what chapter does he become a Martial Emperor ?
    When does he first encounter a Martial Emperor ?

To my understanding, the world is called the world of the nine continents. I assume that means there's a total of nine continents. For a large part of the story I was given the impression that the mc is currently living on the Greencloud continent, which is to the west and also the weakest. I was also given the impression that he only knew of 4 other continents, or at the very least, he only ever talked about 4 others.
    Those 4 were the
    Central Continent(Suppose to be the strongest out of the 5)
    Northern Luo Continent (Where that beast tamer sect that he eventually has to go wipe out is)
    Southern Viewing Continent (Where he just got back from in the current translation)
    Eastern Victory Divine Continent (I don't know much about this one, I always assumed it was in the east though.)

Now it seems like all 5 of these so called continents are all one big continent ? Separated by uninhabited land ?
    And also the Greencloud continent is in the far east now ? Then where is the Eastern Victory Divine Continent ?

If the Central Continent is suppose to be the strongest, then what are the major powers. Originally he was told never to provoke the Duanmu clan along with 5 other powers, but lady Duanmu is the strongest in her clan and she was only a Grade 8 Martial Saint when he met her. Yet he goes to a city on the Southern Viewing Continent and that city alone has 4+ clans that could absolutely crap all over the Duanmu clan.

Does the layout of the world continue to never make any sense ?
    Nobody finds out about the realm of the violet jade immortal and it is pretty much left a mystery for everyone including the readers as it's never explained.

As for the continents in the world the mc is born into there are 5 known territories however these 5 territories are apart of an isolated world that restricts the level of strength ppl can use. It is basically seen as a utopia for lower level cultivators and mortals. However, the rules on the restricts change as the author wants them to and never stays consistent.

As for the continents outside of this mini world there is again 5 known areas one of them called the vast ocean territory ( I think been a while since I've read this novel).  However it turns out later the vast ocean territory is really just the boundary separating two different areas one of which is far stronger. As a shocking twist that new territory is again split up.

sadly nothing in this novel stays consistent and is constantly changing throughout the novel. It is very clear the author threw things together as he went along just to keep the story going leaving tons of plot holes left in the novel. The ending of the novel is clearly rushed and had no thought put into it leaving even more plot holes with content introduced within the last 100 chapters never answered. 

While it is a mess with a lot of unanswered questions it was something fun and frustrating to read for a good amount of time. 
  • edited June 2017
    Does the novel get any better from the translated chapters? Getting quite bored since it really has just been a copy paste of previous arcs with different antagonists and is getting quite boring. Its always the same, go to a new place but before he arrives gets in trouble and gets a huge powerup enough to beat the new antagonist of the new area, the amount of powerups hes getting is also getting pretty absurd.
  • Nabcake said:
    Does the novel get any better from the translated chapters? Getting quite bored since it really has just been a copy paste of previous arcs with different antagonists and is getting quite boring. Its always the same, go to a new place but before he arrives gets in trouble and gets a huge powerup enough to beat the new antagonist of the new area, the amount of powerups hes getting is also getting pretty absurd.
    No, after he gets to the new territory, it's quite a downfall. The story has a rushed ending, so there will be a lot of unanswered questions. I personally hate how Lingyan (can't remember the exact name) ended. It's not a tragedy end, but the reunion is quite short and abrupt, and they don't truly reunite in a sense.

• Try read author's newest novel Nine territory godly emperor (九域神皇). It has no HTL yet, so you'll need to google translate it 
  • lorwa said:
    Try read author's newest novel Nine territory godly emperor (九域神皇). It has no HTL yet, so you'll need to google translate it 
    Is it good? Is there a harem and what are the cultivation levels?
  • lorwa said:
    Nabcake said:
    No, after he gets to the new territory, it's quite a downfall. The story has a rushed ending, so there will be a lot of unanswered questions. I personally hate how Lingyan (can't remember the exact name) ended. It's not a tragedy end, but the reunion is quite short and abrupt, and they don't truly reunite in a sense.

Aight, prolly dropping it after the current arc, cba to deal with more of this novel, was quite invested which is why I did not drop the novel sooner but the its getting quite ridiculous. 
  • lorwa said:
    No, after he gets to the new territory, it's quite a downfall.
    Around what chapter does he go to the new territory ?
    By new territory, I assume you mean one of the places that's superior to the current Central Continent and surrounding areas ?

Since the novel is already falling apart, it seems like that might be a good place to stop.
  • i don't think there was any downfall when he left to the new territory 
    the story was always average and kept consistency in being average 
    the good thing about the novel is the face smacking and how he interacts with his family/kids and their development which was somehow interesting
    I didn't like how the author left many things unexplained  like the jade realm we don't even know where it came from damn it and much more which made the ending qute bad for me
  • What about gonsung jinwu
  • Delano said:
    What about gonsung jinwu
    She will not join Qing Shui's harem and will be forgotten.
    i don't think there was any downfall when he left to the new territory 
    the story was always average and kept consistency in being average 
    the good thing about the novel is the face smacking and how he interacts with his family/kids and their development which was somehow interesting
    I didn't like how the author left many things unexplained  like the jade realm we don't even know where it came from damn it and much more which made the ending qute bad for me
    Yeah me too. Truly disappointed with the ending since there is a lot of unanswered question.
  • After he entered the new territory (where Di Chen girl went first... not sure if it's her or her sis, i always mix between two), author stops being consistent and actually introduce like wrong number of 12 beautiful girls (the total was like 13 or 11 can't remember). He even scrapped the whole Di Chen plot and makes her emotion comes back when MC visit her...
  • What is the deal with that granny, Di Chen's master that suddenly arrived? She is suspicious, suddenly appearing as peak martial saint 10.
  • Can someone tell me when he breakthrough to the mid tier of the strengthening  technique because he's been stuck at it for 5 years at the point I've reached. I'm at the competition with the 3rd generation point
  • edited June 2017
    Harem spoilers:

Those who join the harem (apologies if I forget anyone)

Shi Qingzhuang

Mingyue Gelou

Zhu Qing

Canghai Mingyue

Huoyun Luili

Yun Duan (Elder Yun)

Di Chen

Di Qing

Wenren Wushuang

Yiye Jiange

Yu He

Yu Ruyan

Tantai Xuan

Hai Dongqing

Mu Qing

Yu Suna

Yehuang Guwu

Tantai Lingyan

Qin Qing

Qinghan Ye

Vampire Empress (not given a name...)

Beihuang Fan

Shen Huang

Nalan Qing

Possible harem members but not made explicit by the end of the story:

Muyun Qingge

Luo Qingcheng

(Distinguished with women who were forgotten because they live with the MC in the end.)

edit: missed one of the harem members, now added in

Women where something was alluded to but nothing happened/they were forgotten

Wenren Wugou

Gongsun Jianwu

Yan Ling'er (we never saw her again after Qing Qing's marriage)

Doctor woman

Feng Yu

Ye Guyan

Xue Nuo

Dongfang Zhiqian

Sheng Jun

Li Yan (the one who looks like his old GF)

Beiming Xue

Yu Xixian

Probably missed a few, can't blame me, the author missed them himself. I really felt at least Gongsun Jianwu, Xue Nuo, Dongfang Zhiqian, Li Yan, Beiming Xue and Yu Xixian would amount to something.

• Delano said:
    What about gonsung jinwu
    Who is she? I can't find anything about her...
  • Do we latter found out who the lady in the crystal coffin was?
  • Harem spoilers:

Those who join the harem (apologies if I forget anyone)

Shi Qingzhuang

Mingyue Gelou

Zhu Qing

Canghai Mingyue

Huoyun Luili

Yun Duan (Elder Yun)

Di Chen

Di Qing

Wenren Wushuang

Yiye Jiange

Yu He

Yu Ruyan

Tantai Xuan

Hai Dongqing

Mu Qing

Yu Suna

Tantai Lingyan

Qin Qing

Qinghan Ye

Vampire Empress (not given a name...)

Beihuang Fan

Shen Huang

Nalan Qing

Possible harem members but not made explicit by the end of the story:

Muyun Qingge

Luo Qingcheng

(Distinguished with women who were forgotten because they live with the MC in the end.)

Women where something was alluded to but nothing happened/they were forgotten

Wenren Wugou

Gongsun Jianwu

Yan Ling'er (we never saw her again after Qing Qing's marriage)

Doctor woman

Feng Yu

Ye Guyan

Xue Nuo

Dongfang Zhiqian

Sheng Jun

Li Yan (the one who looks like his old GF)

Beiming Xue

Yu Xixian

Probably missed a few, can't blame me, the author missed them himself. I really felt at least Gongsun Jianwu, Xue Nuo, Dongfang Zhiqian, Li Yan, Beiming Xue and Yu Xixian would amount to something.

Wenren Wugou did she not kill herself after being raped before the MC return? 
  • lostworld said:
    Delano said:
    What about gonsung jinwu
    Who is she? I can't find anything about her...
    She's the seductive women at the heavenly sect. She sets up a duel between her brother and Qing Shui.

She's forgotten about. She's mentioned a couple of times later on when Qing Shui is reflecting as a passer-by in his life.
  • edited June 2017
    lorwa said:
    Have anybody read the author's latest novel? Nine Territory Godly Emperor (九域神皇)
    Having read AST for a harem novel it was quite good however it was far from perfect and I was hoping that the author's next novel would improve on the negatives of AST so I tried reading that novel like over a year ago so I don't remember much though IMHO it started of well but turned into garbage later especially with the childhood love of his also most or quite a few of MC's women repetitively get inheritances that provides excuses for them to be apart from the MC. Some of the worst things about it were the MC's BS about "let nature take it's course" nonsense while being away from his women several years apart.
    Stupid excuses for MC to fallout with potential love interests. One of his woman kept losing her memory that was one of the most annoying plot devices. His main enemy is like a cockroach the last I read the MC beat him in like around 7 duels in different territories and each time the enemy would escape after losing to the MC and MC is unable to stop him. So those duels were pretty annoying and if MC lost that other guy would kill him. Most of MC's harem members did live far apart unlike AST were MC brings most of them to stay at his home so he didn't see most of them for quite a few years in between. 

IMHO AST was much better though I did drop Nine Territory Godly Emperor before 1000 chapters and skipped many chapters in between. I think there's over 2000 chapters available now so don't know if gets better or worse.