Spoliers on what's happening next

Comments

• What will eccentric song do once he discovers meng?
  • edited October 2015

Does anyone know how meng hao gets out of his latest predicament in the current chapers? especially avoiding chen fan match making attempts

There's a competition to become the next son-in-law of the Song clan, it involves going into an illusionary world with a huge tree from ancient times that exudes the qi that is not of heaven and earth (i.e. the kind that Meng Hao can absorb with his perfect dao pillars). He wins, then uses his good luck charm from the luck sect to teleport away. Then, he finds some rogue cultivators/bandits holed up in a cave with a teleport formation which happens to deposit him near the Violet Fate Sect. He uses the bandits to appease the meat jelly, the meat jelly changes into a mask for Meng Hao and alters his appearance and he joins the Violet Fate sect.
    Ma_Chao said:

What will eccentric song do once he discovers meng?

nothing really. He actually bets on Meng Hao to win the competition, he gets a bunch of nascent soul fruit from it

*edit* forgot a detail

Song clan can't do anything to Meng Hao because the mother of the tri-color poison flower that he's infected with shows up and intimidates the [can't remember if he's the founder, but the most powerful dude of the Song clan] ancestor of Song, who's like a half-rotted skeleton and has a ridiculously high cultivation (dont remember exactly what it was but it was either really high Spirit Severing or Wen Dao).
  • can some one tell me what are all the type of nascent soul meng hao creates?
  • anonpuffs said:

Does anyone know how meng hao gets out of his latest predicament in the current chapers? especially avoiding chen fan match making attempts

There's a competition to become the next son-in-law of the Song clan, it involves going into an illusionary world with a huge tree from ancient times that exudes the qi that is not of heaven and earth (i.e. the kind that Meng Hao can absorb with his perfect dao pillars). He wins, then uses his good luck charm from the luck sect to teleport away. Then, he finds some rogue cultivators/bandits holed up in a cave with a teleport formation which happens to deposit him near the Violet Fate Sect. He uses the bandits to appease the meat jelly, the meat jelly changes into a mask for Meng Hao and alters his appearance and he joins the Violet Fate sect.
    Ma_Chao said:

What will eccentric song do once he discovers meng?

nothing really. He actually bets on Meng Hao to win the competition, he gets a bunch of nascent soul fruit from it

*edit* forgot a detail

Song clan can't do anything to Meng Hao because the mother of the tri-color poison flower that he's infected with shows up and intimidates the [can't remember if he's the founder, but the most powerful dude of the Song clan] ancestor of Song, who's like a half-rotted skeleton and has a ridiculously high cultivation (dont remember exactly what it was but it was either really high Spirit Severing or Wen Dao).

Wait, mother of the tri-color poison? I dont get it
  • edited October 2015
     Yeah.  Unless I read that chapter wrong, the mother of resurrection lily that Meng Hao is poisoned with shows up (in human form). *edit* she's also invisible to everyone except the ancestor dude.
  • anonpuffs said:

Yeah.  Unless I read that chapter wrong, the mother of resurrection lily that Meng Hao is poisoned with shows up (in human form). *edit* she's also invisible to everyone except the ancestor dude.

i guess this is where the poison will become a good thing for meng hao

The five elements: water, wood, metal, fire, earth
    Wind element
    Lightning element
    Blood/meat/body
    Yao (demon)

Total of 9

• edited October 2015
    So meng haos response is to eccentric song is basically "won your competition but I don't want your shitty daughter"? Does she get pissed or likes meng has?
  • Hard to get is a viable tactic in novels

The five elements: water, wood, metal, fire, earth
    Wind element
    Lightning element
    Blood/meat/body
    Yao (demon)

Total of 9

From upto what i read. he combines blood and purple water to create the water element. something like life and death combined. 
  • Hey guys the new chapters came out and I have trouble keeping up with all of the characters.
    Is there anyone willing to make a list of people still relevant and who they are? (Just one sentence each is fine.
  • anonpuffs said:

i guess this is where the poison will become a good thing for meng hao
  • Usually just skim through spoilers and forget them by the time I read the actual chapter releases but this mysterious woman really has me wanting to know that story. It's hard to believe she is only related to Meng Hao only because he has the tri-colored poison, at least not with the comments she made about him. What's the deal with her?
  • I read that the lady is her mother which I found surprising. Can someone shed some light on the power she possesses (cultivation level) and the power of his true family. 
  • Yeah someone said its the poison mother but it doesn't implied it nor said it and it's 99 % meng's mother
  • OK if the lady that helped him is the poisons mother shouldn't she hate meng hao cause he's trying to get rid of the poison? Or does he discover a way to let the poison flower fully bloom and separate from meng hao without damaging each other
  • It's implied that it's the resurrection lily's mother in chapter 193. 
  • so,  2 more chapters and we will find out about her
    sorry for my bad english!
  • So the poison in meng hao is sentient? anyone know the story behind that?
  • So, basically anything in this story can be sentient and have cultivation powers. Guyiding Tri-rain was sentient despite being...rain. It's implied that the resurrection lilies are a family and their cultivation path is to consume (or be consumed) by others, a parasitic plant if you will. Even pills that are refined by Meng Hao can become sentient (it actually becomes a rather large plot point later), and pill furnaces can be sentient.
  • i see, so meng hao will gain a powerful ally? or will the poison betray him?
  • edited October 2015
    It gets sealed up before he goes to the Violet Fate sect. When he goes to that random cave with the bandits (meng hao describes them as despots/evil local lords to the meat jelly, who seems to have an obsession with correcting evil tyrants), there's an old man who seals the power of the resurrection lily and it never flares up til the point where I've been reading (chapter 330ish). It does say that the seal weakens over time so I wouldn't be surprised if it came back soon. As to the method to curing the poison, at higher cultivation levels there's a very important concept roughly meaning "the law of cause and effect" - and since outsiders cannot change the cause of the resurrection lily, they cannot change the result, there are only 3 ways for the poison to resolve: 1, it consumes Meng Hao and Meng Hao becomes the flower; 2, Meng Hao consumes it and the flower becomes him; 3, he changes the causal relationship between him and the flower. Therefore no outsiders nor outside forces can get rid of it for him, and he has to cure it by his own actions.

The old man tells him  "彼岸花开七色天,花落成仙一千年,仙山之门藏因果,斩花之路莫问天……于南天星南域,为小友画" - 'On the day that the Resurrection Lily blooms the 7th color, the flower will complete the ascension to immortality of a thousand years, the gate of the mountain of immortals obscures cause-and-effect, the path to eliminating the flower none can ask the heavens....I will paint it for [you] little friend [referring to Meng Hao], here at the Southern Star's Southern Domain.

• Anonpuffs so in the Raws is the poison mother enemy or friend to meng Hao
  • edited October 2015
    ? It's pretty clear in the translation that the mother is friendly. Think of it this way, she doesn't care about Meng Hao other than being the host for her son. She leaves after ch193 and doesn't come back up to the point I've read. Also, if I interpreted it correctly, even if the resurrection lily (Lit. "flower of the other shore") were to die, it will be reincarnate later. I might be wrong but I think the name of the Resurrection lily is referencing the "far shore" of the Buddhist nirvana.

*edit* I'm wrong, it apparently refers to the paramita path of buddhism, the pursuit of perfection
    Here's the wiki on 'far shore'
    Wikipedia said:

But the cognate pāramitā, the word preferred by the Mahāyāna texts and also used by Pāli writers, is sometimes explained as pāram + ita, 'gone to the beyond,' thereby indicating the transcendental direction of these qualities." (Velthuis convention lettering replaced with Pāli diacritics.) In Buddhism, the pāramitās refer to the perfection or culmination of certain virtues. In Buddhism, these virtues are cultivated as a way of purification, purifying karma and helping the aspirant to live an unobstructed life, while reaching the goal of enlightenment.

• edited October 2015
    "孟浩这里更有将人坑死的优异战绩,放眼他走过的修行之路,可以说是走一路,坑一路…至今的青罗宗,还有一群小祖,只要是孟浩愿意,可以瞬间让他们全部残魂凄厉。
    ” oh god my sides are in orbit. I shall steal the heavens confirmed for real title
  • anonpuffs said:

It's implied that it's the resurrection lily's mother in chapter 193. 

Damn i got mind blown when i read it, btw is there any mentions on meng hao parents at all to the point where you read the raws?
  • Yeah I feel like the OP character is still missing. That's what a like about these novels. I don't go to the fish market to get clothes
  • Ma_Chao said:

Yeah someone said its the poison mother but it doesn't implied it nor said it and it's 99 % meng's mother

This is correct, it was Meng Hao's mother.  We'll learn about this incident much later on when Meng Hao comes back to Song family for a visit.

• Meng Hao is going to win the competition and teleport away, so who is going to be the son-in-law?
  • edited October 2015
    well shit lol

Ma_Chao said:

Yeah someone said its the poison mother but it doesn't implied it nor said it and it's 99 % meng's mother

This is correct, it was Meng Hao's mother.  We'll learn about this incident much later on when Meng Hao comes back to Song family for a visit.

*edit* I bet it's some xianxia shit like if she looks directly at meng hao the Ji clan will become aware of him and chase him down and kill him.