I'm tired with near ending op mc

reading ISSTH chapter 1200++
and dunno why i hate it like TDG chapter 500++
Mc suddenly too op
Got crazy power up
and that's feel like the author rush the story
ignore lot of past chapter details story

dunno with ATG but looks like there is a sign the mc would get powerup and becoming too op too 

So i need recommendation...
i don't want super op mc near the ending anymore...

got any recommended novel with 500++ chapter? Where the mc still not op after 500++?

thanks

Comments

• Transcending the nine heavens
  • edited April 2017
    Invisible Dragon :P  
    Jokes aside, maybe 'Release That Witch'? MC is a mortal throughout the novel and does his biddings through witches. Or Ancient Godly Monarch. MC's a little OP among the younger generation, but there is always old fogies looking for his head.
  • Ancient Godly Monarch looks like ATG
    i will try to read that one

transcending nine heaven and release the with i will wait until the chapter translated 500 chapters
  • Xianxia is about op mc in the end story
    If you don't like op mc, better read harem japanese novel, it will suit you
  • I have read many chinese novels that some scenes are kinda the same as other novels, it gets annoying and boring sometimes, but when the mc gets powerful and people who are 2-3 realms higher than him is respectful in front of him, it just feels great and satisfying lol. :smile: I just finished SS and there's scene where a supreme being who is 4 realms higher than the mc is respectful is just pure bliss. :smiley: 
  • i like to read so much details from mc battle against strong enemy
    try to survive, think how to win the battle

But when mc too op?
    the details belong to the enemy

enemy using new skills, new cultivation
    mc counter with 1 pattern

enemy surprised with mc too op, using more skills more secret weapon
    mc counter with 1 pattern

No more character development
    no more new things from mc 

• i don't think people make novels where the MC isn't op. the whole point is to have the MC reach the pinnacle and get the best cultivation techniques, skills, weapons and plot armor to do it. even the novels where the MC is super lazy or doesn't seem to care about anything it is most likely he is already an expert. 

you should probably just get into reading some japanese slice of life type stuff with beta males.
  • edited April 2017
    A lot of authors don't think the plot out well enough in the beginning so they have to rush the ending when the big boss is too strong and the mc is still too weak but doesn't have enough time to get strong. So unless you find an author who plan practically the whole story before they start the story will probably end rushed.
  • s0hlless said:
    i don't think people make novels where the MC isn't op. the whole point is to have the MC reach the pinnacle and get the best cultivation techniques, skills, weapons and plot armor to do it. even the novels where the MC is super lazy or doesn't seem to care about anything it is most likely he is already an expert. 

Oh, there are some. It's just that OPness is easiest way to write a Xianxia, and in this genre, 99,9% goes for easy. One could say, Xianxia by definition contains OPness, except for those that overturn a trope, and use it's absence as selling point. In other words, trope reversal is absolute must to even think about no OP.

Take Way of Choices, it's like perfect Xianxia, with cripple at start, engagement break, duels, random generated assholes, tournaments, exploration, lucky chances, techniques, and crowd going "He has no chance.... WTF?" etc. There's even last second breakthrough during fight...Everything is there except one thing: MC gets no cheat at start to fix his disability and propel him up. This has far reaching consequences both in-plot, and also affecting entire narrative - it's slowpaced, introspective, dialogue and character-driven.

Or Spiritual Blade Mountain a.k.a "everyone goes for X in 99.9% of Xianxias, that means I'll spite you and go for Y". It's like author gets horny just by slapping entire genre in the face.
  • Demon's Diary
  • Simple read Japanese novels and you will not feel sick...plenty to choose from; http://www.novelupdates.com/series-finder/?sf=1&org=496&rl=1&mrl=min&sort=abc&order=asc
  • Well i like xianxia / wuxia story
    i like the cultivation
    i like some standard to calculate everyone strength

if u read some manwha Especially old school one (the one from 10-25 years ago)
    u will understand why i'm tired with too op mc

The fight always thriling
    the enemy always strong one and need breakthrough or strong ally

and the good thing, the enemy lvl 7, mc need lvl 6.5 or 7 to beat the enemy

or the classic way, group ally vs 1 strong enemy
  • The simpel solution?
    read new story from chapter 1

Drop when mc too op
    and search for new one XD