Ask Anything (Granddaddy Spoiler Thread)

Comments

• xaryte said:
    Ninzex said:
    After reading about 50 chapters of ISSTH about a while ago, I stopped and am now starting it again. I don't really feel like reading it over so can someone give me a recap?

In particular here are a few questions I have

1. Where did Meng Hao get his current cultivation method (forgot the name)?
    2. I recall he got a treasure bamboo sword and cloned it. Where did he get this again? I recall someone from a big family was fighting a monster while Meng Hao snuck into a cave and stole the treasures. What was the exact location and why were they there? Later, Meng Hao beat him in a duel with the duel swords. What was the reason for the fight?
    3. Why is the former elder of the reliance sect chasing him? Was it personal or just because he suspects Meng Hao has treasures?
    4. I remember a bunch of sects gathering at the Reliance sect and took all of the inner disciples besides Meng Hao. Why did the sects gather there? Where did the other inner disciples go? I only remember two inner disciples, a girl and a talkative guy.

Thanks!
    It would probably just be better to read the 50 chapters.
    I agree that it would be better to just read the first 50 chapters, I mean it's not like you read the first 500 chapters. 
  • xaryte said:
    Ninzex said:
    After reading about 50 chapters of ISSTH about a while ago, I stopped and am now starting it again. I don't really feel like reading it over so can someone give me a recap?

In particular here are a few questions I have

1. Where did Meng Hao get his current cultivation method (forgot the name)?
    2. I recall he got a treasure bamboo sword and cloned it. Where did he get this again? I recall someone from a big family was fighting a monster while Meng Hao snuck into a cave and stole the treasures. What was the exact location and why were they there? Later, Meng Hao beat him in a duel with the duel swords. What was the reason for the fight?
    3. Why is the former elder of the reliance sect chasing him? Was it personal or just because he suspects Meng Hao has treasures?
    4. I remember a bunch of sects gathering at the Reliance sect and took all of the inner disciples besides Meng Hao. Why did the sects gather there? Where did the other inner disciples go? I only remember two inner disciples, a girl and a talkative guy.

Thanks!
    It would probably just be better to read the 50 chapters.
    I agree that it would be better to just read the first 50 chapters, I mean it's not like you read the first 500 chapters. 
    Yeah seeing as you won't really get all of the important plot parts just from spoilers, you'd be missing out if you didn't read it.
  • cam someone summarize the rest of book 8 please ?
  • Hey this question was asked before but nobody answered. Why isn't the boundless sect influenced by haven? If they are then are they pretty strong to oppose haven or they just in hiding.
  • akachunu said:
    Hey this question was asked before but nobody answered. Why isn't the boundless sect influenced by haven? If they are then are they pretty strong to oppose haven or they just in hiding.
    That's actually a pretty good question, as far as i remember Allheaven didn't really bother Boundless Sect at all, now the reasons can only be two:
    1. Allheaven didn't have any interest in them, which is highly possible because Allheaven has another purpose unrelated with Boundless Sect;
    2. He is afraid of Boundless Sect ancestor's clone (yes, the detached from ghost path has a clone), which rests in the form of a statue in a very dangerous location within Boundless Sect.

Actually Allheaven "attacked" Boundless Sect one time in book 9 but that was only to tamper with the creation of Meng Hao's 9th hex and that wasn't even an attack in the true sense of the word. 
  • tombec94 said:
    akachunu said:
    Hey this question was asked before but nobody answered. Why isn't the boundless sect influenced by haven? If they are then are they pretty strong to oppose haven or they just in hiding.
    That's actually a pretty good question, as far as i remember Allheaven didn't really bother Boundless Sect at all, now the reasons can only be two:
    1. Allheaven didn't have any interest in them, which is highly possible because Allheaven has another purpose unrelated with Boundless Sect;
    2. He is afraid of Boundless Sect ancestor's clone (yes, the detached from ghost path has a clone), which rests in the form of a statue in a very dangerous location within Boundless Sect.

Actually Allheaven "attacked" Boundless Sect one time in book 9 but that was only to tamper with the creation of Meng Hao's 9th hex and that wasn't even an attack in the true sense of the word. 
    Aren't Wang Lin and Su Ming also Ancestors of the Boundless Sect ?
  • Muryai said:
    tombec94 said:
    akachunu said:

Aren't Wang Lin and Su Ming also Ancestors of the Boundless Sect ?
    Nope, Wang Lin is the patriarch of Immortal God Continent and Su Ming is the patriarch of Devil World.
  • How gigantic is the Mountain and Seas Realm overall? Universe Sized, Galaxy Sized, Solar System Sized? How about each of the Mountains and Seas, like the 1st Mountain and Seas, to the 9th Mountain and Seas?
    Are each of the 33 Heavens gigantic than each of the Mountains and Seas, each being larger than the previous one to the 33rd Heaven?

Someone tell me, this is to determine how powerful Meng Hao is, if he has Planet Level D/C or higher
  • LuffyKun said:
    How gigantic is the Mountain and Seas Realm overall? Universe Sized, Galaxy Sized, Solar System Sized? How about each of the Mountains and Seas, like the 1st Mountain and Seas, to the 9th Mountain and Seas?
    Are each of the 33 Heavens gigantic than each of the Mountains and Seas, each being larger than the previous one to the 33rd Heaven?

Someone tell me, this is to determine how powerful Meng Hao is, if he has Planet Level D/C or higher
    I tend to think that the M&S plane is like a huge solar system divided in 9 parts each containing 4 planets, a mountain and a sea (basically 9 huge spaces with a sea at the bottom, a mountain emerging from the center of this sea and the 4 planets orbiting around the mountain above the sea). I tend to think about the whole M&S plane as a single solar system because it has only one sun and one moon. Each heaven as a landmass shouldn't be as big as the whole M&S plane, but i think of each heaven as a single solar system. I think like this because it is stated that outside the Vast Expanse there is a bigger universe and this makes the Vast Expanse a galaxy.
  • edited April 2017
    tombec94 said:
    LuffyKun said:
    How gigantic is the Mountain and Seas Realm overall? Universe Sized, Galaxy Sized, Solar System Sized? How about each of the Mountains and Seas, like the 1st Mountain and Seas, to the 9th Mountain and Seas?

I tend to think that the M&S plane is like a huge solar system divided in 9 parts each containing 4 planets, a mountain and a sea (basically 9 huge spaces with a sea at the bottom, a mountain emerging from the center of this sea and the 4 planets orbiting around the mountain above the sea). I tend to think about the whole M&S plane as a single solar system because it has only one sun and one moon. Each heaven as a landmass shouldn't be as big as the whole M&S plane, but i think of each heaven as a single solar system. I think like this because it is stated that outside the Vast Expanse there is a bigger universe and this makes the Vast Expanse a galaxy.
    I think that too but it's hard to tell because I'm pretty sure when the 33 hells were being described each was bigger then then m&s realm which is pretty unbelievable if that's the case..
  • xaryte said:
    tombec94 said:
    LuffyKun said:

I think that too but it's hard to tell because I'm pretty sure when the 33 hells were being described each was bigger then then m&s realm which is pretty unbelievable if that's the case..
    Yes some things don't match up very well. Even the immortal god continent, i don't know if Renegade Immortal is supposed to have taken place there but in RI itself it isn't described as a landmass it is more like a galaxy, although this may be because Allheaven rebuilt Immortal God Continent after having destroyed the original. Anyways i don't think that in xianxias we can measure things as we do in reality.
  • After reading swallowed star and playing stellaris, i guess m&s plane and other mainlands are a galaxy. :smile: 
  • tombec94 said:
    xaryte said:
    tombec94 said:
    LuffyKun said:

Yes some things don't match up very well. Even the immortal god continent, i don't know if Renegade Immortal is supposed to have taken place there but in RI itself it isn't described as a landmass it is more like a galaxy, although this may be because Allheaven rebuilt Immortal God Continent after having destroyed the original. Anyways i don't think that in xianxias we can measure things as we do in reality.
    Wait, how did he destroy the original when he should be scared of Wang Lin?

Also, spoilers if you're not a patreon for Deathblade

Is the first fang clan patriarch really dead?
  • edited April 2017
    LuffyKun said:

Considering the time they took to travel through the west continent and the statement a mortal could climb one of the Mountains during his whole life and would not reach the top, I would say while the realm may be the size of a Solar System, each planet is the size of Jupiter and each Mountain something like 2x Jupiter's size.
  • tombec94 said:
    xaryte said:
    tombec94 said:
    LuffyKun said:

Wang Lin was forced to leave the Vast Expanse because all the people who fight Allheaven are inflicted a curse by him, and by the way Allheaven isn't scared of anyone, he is only afraid of dying (he becomes weaker each time someone from the Vast Expanse breakthrough to daosource). By the time Wang Lin leaves Allheaven destroys Immortal God Continent because he is afraid of others daosource cultivators emerging. Also yep Fang patriarch dies because planet East Victory is destroyed.
  • tombec94 said:

Wang Lin was forced to leave the Vast Expanse because all the people who fight Allheaven are inflicted a curse by him, and by the way Allheaven isn't scared of anyone, he is only afraid of dying (he becomes weaker each time someone from the Vast Expanse breakthrough to daosource). By the time Wang Lin leaves Allheaven destroys Immortal God Continent because he is afraid of others daosource cultivators emerging. Also yep Fang patriarch dies because planet East Victory is destroyed.
    Actually, iirc the reason transcendent leave their universe other than more cultivation possibility is because there is a heavenly rule in the universe (the bigger universe not just allheaven's vast expanse). The rule kind of bound transcendent to only can fight their universe "heaven" one time and if they're defeated they will be ejected from their own universe. They can't come personally anymore to their own universe and even clone has a limited time inside. So, eventhough currently Boundless Ancestor, Su Ming, and Wang Lin are stronger than even Allheaven on his heyday (already confirmed by Allheaven himself) they still can't directly interfere with this universe (at least in my opinion until they can transcent the heavenly rule of the bigger universe).
  • tombec94 said:

Actually, iirc the reason transcendent leave their universe other than more cultivation possibility is because there is a heavenly rule in the universe (the bigger universe not just allheaven's vast expanse). The rule kind of bound transcendent to only can fight their universe "heaven" one time and if they're defeated they will be ejected from their own universe. They can't come personally anymore to their own universe and even clone has a limited time inside. So, eventhough currently Boundless Ancestor, Su Ming, and Wang Lin are stronger than even Allheaven on his heyday (already confirmed by Allheaven himself) they still can't directly interfere with this universe (at least in my opinion until they can transcent the heavenly rule of the bigger universe).
    what if those transcendent win over their "heaven"?

I recall someone said Su Ming created his own universe at the end of Beseech the devil. Is that current universe of iisth? 
  • 9heavens said:
    what if those transcendent win over their "heaven"?

I recall someone said Su Ming created his own universe at the end of Beseech the devil. Is that current universe of iisth? 
    The only one we know has win is MH and he replace Allheaven as the ruler of Vast Expanse but even then Allheaven already extremely weak. What Su Ming created is his inner world (in issth should be known as Barbarian Devil Realm but probably not the original name as immortal god realm is not the name for Wang Lin's last world in RI ) kinda like Paragon Nine Seals created M&S Realm but Su Ming's creation is stronger since he created it at Boundless Dao level (and possibly higher since million years has passed since he reach Boundless Dao)
  • tombec94 said:

I want to ask you two things: i thought Allheaven was the clone(originating from a piece of soul) of a true immortal from the outside universe, am i right in assuming that Allheaven became the heaven of the Vast Expanse after drifting near it as a sliver of soul? Also is it true that the true immortal path is severed in the Vast Expanse and why?
  • edited April 2017
    tombec94 said:
    tombec94 said:

I want to ask you two things: i thought Allheaven was the clone(originating from a piece of soul) of a true immortal from the outside universe, am i right in assuming that Allheaven became the heaven of the Vast Expanse after drifting near it as a sliver of soul? Also is it true that the true immortal path is severed in the Vast Expanse and why?
    Yes, he is the clone of a true immortal outside of this universe. How he became heaven of this universe was told in one of the side story of awe. Basically, he and one woman were in a fight with lord fifth who is the servant/follower of the true immortal's enemy. I forgot which one does this but one of them decided to self detonate, the impact made an opening at this universe which is still growing at that time and the universe will also still on growing stage. The impact also blow all three of them to this universe and they lost their memories, also he accidentally merge (or replace) with the original will of this universe and became the heaven.By the way, The woman has a connection to how meat jelly born. 
    At one point MH concluded or deduce that even if allheaven didn't interfere it's still not possible to reach true immortal in this universe. In my opinion, since allheaven was originally just a clone of true immortal and despite he lost all of his memories of that he should be subconsciously lack the knowledge about the proper way to reach true immortal or maybe he lack somekind of material needed to reach it, the novel never really goes into detail about that.
  • tombec94 said:
    tombec94 said:

Yes, he is the clone of a true immortal outside of this universe. How he became heaven of this universe was told in one of the side story of awe. Basically, he and one woman were in a fight with lord fifth who is the servant/follower of the true immortal's enemy. I forgot which one does this but one of them decided to self detonate, the impact made an opening at this universe which is still growing at that time and the universe will also still on growing stage. The impact also blow all three of them to this universe and they lost their memories, also he accidentally merge (or replace) with the original will of this universe and became the heaven.By the way, The woman has a connection to how meat jelly born. 
    At one point MH concluded or deduce that even if allheaven didn't interfere it's still not possible to reach true immortal in this universe. In my opinion, since allheaven was originally just a clone of true immortal and despite he lost all of his memories of that he should be subconsciously lack the knowledge about the proper way to reach true immortal or maybe he lack somekind of material needed to reach it, the novel never really goes into detail about that.
    Wait, then if Allheaven origin is explained in AWE side story, is it confirmed that AWE takes place in the outside universe?
  • Is the god and devil continent that arrives in m&s realm the world of renegade immortal and beseech the devil?  Also what are the sequence of Er gen novels? (which came first and last)  thx. 
  • Bizen said:
    Is the god and devil continent that arrives in m&s realm the world of renegade immortal and beseech the devil?  Also what are the sequence of Er gen novels? (which came first and last)  thx. 
    The continents aren't the original ones, just replicas made by Allheaven.
    Beseech the Devil is the first one (but was written after Renegade Immortal), then comes Renegade Immortal and then ISSTH. As for A Will Eternal i don't know.
  • tombec94 said:
    Wait, then if Allheaven origin is explained in AWE side story, is it confirmed that AWE takes place in the outside universe?
    Not yet, it's just a side story so no confirmation
    Bizen said:
    Is the god and devil continent that arrives in m&s realm the world of renegade immortal and beseech the devil?  Also what are the sequence of Er gen novels? (which came first and last)  thx. 
    Not the real one.
    For the series that is connected to one another : RI is first, followed by BTD and then issth but the timeline inside the novel goes like this : BTD,RI,issth because at the last chapter btd was revealed to happened long before the events in RI
    We still don't know whether AWE will be connected to these three or not. Also there is another novel of er gen called againts the heaven but iirc he drop it
  • Can someone actually tell me what happens to this invasion/war? Like M&S won right but with what price, and did they completely eliminate outsiders and the two continents that were heading their way? Did they even have power left to deal with the other two forces? Then did Meng Hao resurrect everyone?
  • Can someone actually tell me what happens to this invasion/war? Like M&S won right but with what price, and did they completely eliminate outsiders and the two continents that were heading their way? Did they even have power left to deal with the other two forces? Then did Meng Hao resurrect everyone?
    I'll just tell you that M&S lose this war, if you want to see MH's revenge you'll have to wait until book 9, if i'm not wrong he takes revenge around chapter 1560 but i may be wrong. As sad as it may be you have to understand that MH had to lose, if you think about it he is still ancient realm. Also the two other powers are each stronger thann 33 heavens combined, so well......Anyways tomorrow's chapters are really good, they will lessen your sadness a bit. Actually until 1410 there will be a LOT of sad moments, be warned.
  • How powerful do you think Meng Hao is? Like his Destructive Capacity or Attack Potency, or his Speed and Durability?
  • in 1391, he refers the the choice that only he knew he made..
    i remember a passage something similar where he also stated only he will know what the choice he made was, and he also what the choice was..
    does anyone remember where this was and what chapter was and in what context it was?
  • Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but regarding the guy sealed by dao fang where MH got his fire essence, who is he and will he play any role in MH future life?
  • edited April 2017
    Nadora said:
    in 1391, he refers the the choice that only he knew he made..
    i remember a passage something similar where he also stated only he will know what the choice he made was, and he also what the choice was..
    does anyone remember where this was and what chapter was and in what context it was?
    After shui dongliu saved Mh after he extinguished 4 lamps he showed him the statue of the demon and the immortal and said mh would have to make a choice between them in the future, he never said what he would choose so that's probably what it refers to.