The Portal of Wonderland

Comments

• Arkeus said:
    bonifide said:
    So what totem does he get to overtake the curse one?
    A stronger serpent one. Basically he appears to be 'locked' into getting Serpent-types, and he gets a few stronger ones over the course of the story.
    I see thanks can you tell us anything about that skeleton summon?
  • bonifide said:
    I see thanks can you tell us anything about that skeleton summon?
    Yan Luo/Silk is OPOP, and one of the most amusing characters so far. They basically increases in level each time Shi Mu isn't looking, and and just pops up every so often to either save Shi Mu's ass or to trade him for his weapon (because they can use that weapon way better than Shi Mu).

At first they have a very good relationship, until Shi Mu tries to scam Silk, and then it becomes that strict business one unless Shi Mu's in danger of dying.
  • I am on a hiatus and so i may be wrong as i am not upto date but i want to make sure, are you sure you are speaking about The Portal of Wonderland and not Warlock of the Magus World? As serpents ....
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • Rule71 said:
    I am on a hiatus and so i may be wrong as i am not upto date but i want to make sure, are you sure you are speaking about The Portal of Wonderland and not Warlock of the Magus World? As serpents ....
    Well latest chapters he got a cursed totem eating his spirit which is a serpent. It makes sense what he said that he needs a stronger serpent I'm just shocked its another snake and not a bird or something. 
  • ;-;
    I am on a hiatus on the novel for a while, why ;-;? Did something weird happen?
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • translator got MIA since august 2nd
  • Yep no announcement or nothing so I'm going to assume its dropped.
  • Oh :( That's sad i was saving it up to binge later .....
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • ITS BACK BABY HALLELUJAH!
  • edited December 2016
    The good Luck - BAD LUCK cycle of MC... Gets accepted by a rich family... Gets hunted down(temporarily) by that family. Confesses his love... Gets rejected. Wins a city tournament... Gets rejected by everyone in the city. Gets recommended to a major sect... Gets kidnapped & forced to join another sect. Gets a "deathly" summon... Becomes misunderstood & gets hunted down for it. MC finally finds someone he is close to... That person gets taken away by "mystical" hands. ...on & on goes the cycle of good & bad luck !!! Oh, and if you think MC being forced to join a demon-worshipping sect is bad, wait till the Voldemort-style witches & zombies sect tries to recruit the MC !!!
    Free Your Mind
  • Wait the mc confesses to a girl and she rejects him?
  • legion396 said:
    Wait the mc confesses to a girl and she rejects him?
    She decides to go and try to get into a high end sect (for their starting place) so she has to leave.
  • uhm... well reading the spoiler in front... iwas really shock since not many info gathered yet...

i hope more updated spoiler available...
  • uhm... well reading the spoiler in front... iwas really shock since not many info gathered yet...

I might MTL after I finish Warlock of the Magus World.
  • bonifide said:
    uhm... well reading the spoiler in front... iwas really shock since not many info gathered yet...

I might MTL after I finish Warlock of the Magus World.
    then i will wait for your update...
    i wan to know more abt his harem...

also... it seem this novel didnt put important on bloodline. i mean. our mc didnt always get super rare item or treasure.

well i try the mtl atm...
    and yeah... so he is currently a death eater (by mistake) hahaha
    and yeah abt the skulll... i really dont get it ...
    what the problem and maybe need the edited translation
  • how come i get the feeling....
    this portal of the wonderland....

have sun wu gong background...

i mean he is stone ape... bloodline
    can absord sun and moon power
    learn fire ape skill
    have a magical stick weapon. from undersea aka dragon king palace.
    leader of beast pack.

yeah sun wu gong was basically born from stone. the stone absord moon and sun power for millenia... then born...
    was taught by daoist, become caretaker in heaven, and being boiled in cauldron...
    as a result he have fire resistant...

from wiki
    One of the most enduring Chinese literary characters, Sun Wukong has a varied background and colorful cultural history. Sun Wukong's origin is from the White Monkey legends from the Chinese Chu kingdom (700–223 BC), who revered gibbons and especially white-colored ones.[4] These legends gave rise to stories and art motifs during the Han dynasty, eventually contributing to the rise of the Sun Wukong figure

hmmm...
    coincidence?

maybe...  Zhu Bajie and Sha Wujing, will also appear later

• A lot of xianxia type stories get stuff from Monkey King and this other novel I dont know off hand. Hell most of the weapons in ISSTH is from that old story. 
  • bonifide said:
    A lot of xianxia type stories get stuff from Monkey King and this other novel I dont know off hand. Hell most of the weapons in ISSTH is from that old story. 
    i was reading the raw...
    at first i didnt notice...
    but then... they mention this magical stick hidden in the sea. which size can change...

also... it mention the ape. receive a teaching and reaching a higher realm... cultivating moon n sun...

well basically... this story really fit sun wu kong...

as for other xinxia that have monkey king refference... so far havent found maye there is...
  • Desolate Era has Sun Wukong in it. Swallowing the Heavings got a shout out to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investiture_of_the_Gods Is the novel well one of the novels a lot of weird weapons you see come from. I saw the tv show on this and it had immortals and demons flying about. 
  • desolate era has wu kong hmmm havent reach there yet...
    but it seems the mc setting was using WuKong... but i dunno if his 2 brother will join as well...

• Can someone tell me if this novel is close to ending?
    Like maybe 100-200 chapters more to go or so.
    Just a rough approximate...
    Thanks...
  • It's still ongoing with 900 chapters released so far.
  • newtonian said:
    It's still ongoing with 900 chapters released so far.
    Can u spoil us a bit wat bout his lovers and is he OP nw or what?
  • Cultivation Levels? Harem?
  • From what I remember when I read this novel. The MC has the stone monkey bloodline, but not the normal kind which is why everyone thinks it's trash because no one knows of the special kind.
    However I don't remember his bloodline being all that, instead, I remember that he somehow finds a drop of blood from the White Monkey or some legacy of the White Monkey that turns his bloodline into the White Monkey bloodline or something like that. The White Monkey is proclaimed as being one of the strongest creatures in the universe but it somehow died or went missing and left it's legacy and bloodline spread across the multiverse. Then a whole "there can be only one!" part is added that pretty much say's that anyone who wants to cultivate the White Monkey way to the end has to either a) kill everyone else cultivating it which would let you absorb all their powers and thus become one of the strongest just like that or b) someone would cultivate to a certain realm and is then able to somehow absorb the souls/powers of everyone else cultivating the White Monkey way thus killing all the rest and instantly becoming superpower.

On the harem part, I don't really remember any names or much about how it goes. Except for the part that before he leaves the first world. Around that time he has a few girls he likes/loves and I think 1 or 2 girls that love him onesided. But from what I remember a few things happen, either the girls leave him to go to a higher realm thinking that they are destined for something greater and that he is unable to follow, or I they offer him a ticket or way to ascend but he flat out refuses them, because he has a way to ascend through the White Monkey way but he doesn't tell them which in turn makes them sad.

Then while ascending he meet's some super monkey and finds out about the White Monkey way that I mentioned earlier, the super monkey asks if he will still cultivate or not promising to give him riches and power if he decides to not cultivate. MC say's he'll still stick to his way, the super monkey is happy stating it was all a test and if he said no he'd simply kill the MC. Then I believe we find out that the White Monkey originally came from the MC's world and then rose to fame and power which is why the super monkey, who is an old friend of the White Monkey had been watching over the world and the MC or something like that.

I stopped reading a while later but at the ascending part the only harem member (I kinda take for granted she is the main member) is the original skeleton he get's and upgrades along the way who eventually turns into a stunning beauty that he can summon for fighting and get stuff from the abyss realm and sometimes join her to help with the skeleton girl getting more power.

That's about what I remember but I think it was like a year or so since I last read it, think this is up to around ch 400-500 or something.
  • edited November 2017
    On a side note, I really hate the MC's dad in this novel. The whole oh I left my family for riches and powers, then I failed to get more powerful but got super rich and found a new wife and got a new family so who cares about my dying/sick old wife and son. In with the new and out with old is what I think! Oh well I'll not really give them any money but I'll make sure they get a "discount" on anything they wanna buy, that should be enough, not like the kid has to work his ass off just to survive when I ain't there right? Oh well turns out the old wife died and the kid got left alone, meh who cares. 10-15 years later, oh no I am dying ugh can't get into the cycle of rebirth with regrets and bad karma. So let's call the old son here and then give him some small change and then I'll just be on my way.

Then the new wife calls MC over, they all get sad and new wife pretty much get's to keep all the money and then MC goes of to cultivate. 

One of the few novels where the MC's dad is a real douchebag, and not a powerhouse who's a douchebag which is pretty common.
  • edited November 2017
    So I got to chapter 600. Im officially dropping this shit of a novel. This novel is pretty much an expirment no matter what the author says. He tries to fix flaws from previous novels but they so cringe worthy. The MC is a dumb ass you ever had a friend that thinks they smart but not this is the MC. He has more plot armor than Han Li and Lui Meng combined. He literally gets tricked by most females in this novel he never learns his damn lesson. When he travels with people the dialogue is so horrible. The author likes a certain female tries so hard to make readers like her but I don't think the CN readers like her. The skeleton is his biggest helper and this dumb fucker tries to con her. She has more revolve than the feeble minded MC. He has a good abilty in space and is at one of the top sects in the universe. Do you think he's going to look for a space technique nope. He finally got rid of sword and uses a pole/stick. 

All I'm going to say if you read Demon's Diary than read this its a big ass downgrade at the beginning novel good then he goes insane. 

@tobajas Yeah he helps upgrades the skeleton but she helps him too and dumb fool still tried to con her in earlier novels. He tried to act noble but he aint. I got to chapter 600 and right before that he hit celestial realm. I will say this the MC get realms fast as hell in this novel compared to Demon's Diary. 

600 chapters to go from mortal, houtain, xiantain, earth, celestial
    Demon's Diary 1200 chapters for mortal, liquid, crystal, initiate. lol
  • bonifide said:
    So I got to chapter 600. Im officially dropping this shit of a novel. This novel is pretty much an expirment no matter what the author says. He tries to fix flaws from previous novels but they so cringe worthy. The MC is a dumb ass you ever had a friend that thinks they smart but not this is the MC. He has more plot armor than Han Li and Lui Meng combined. He literally gets tricked by most females in this novel he never learns his damn lesson. When he travels with people the dialogue is so horrible. The author likes a certain female tries so hard to make readers like her but I don't think the CN readers like her. The skeleton is his biggest helper and this dumb fucker tries to con her. She has more revolve than the feeble minded MC. He has a good abilty in space and is at one of the top sects in the universe. Do you think he's going to look for a space technique nope. He finally got rid of sword and uses a pole/stick. 

All I'm going to say if you read Demon's Diary than read this its a big ass downgrade at the beginning novel good then he goes insane. 

@tobajas Yeah he helps upgrades the skeleton but she helps him too and dumb fool still tried to con her in earlier novels. He tried to act noble but he aint. I got to chapter 600 and right before that he hit celestial realm. I will say this the MC get realms fast as hell in this novel compared to Demon's Diary. 

I... don't remember that?

I mean, I only read to chapter 750 or so myself, and I do agree I get very annoyed by him constantly ignoring his space ability, but I never got the impression the MC was supposed to be very intelligent or anything.

Who is the woman you hate? As far as I know the only 'major' woman that is always around is Yan Luo (skeleton). Other ones are basically a crush he had and he is constantly trying to hope the best about it. No conning involved that I can think of, though.

He does try to manipulate Skeleton a bit like an ass :(
  • edited November 2017
    bonifide said:

I believe someone told me that the author got beef from his readers because of how shallow the romance/harem was in Demon's Diary and the fact that the story ended the instant the MC left the mortal realm.

For me ending a story when the MC leaves for another realm is fine, you don't have to follow an MC all the way to godhood and the story ends because the MC has killed/conquered everyone in their known universe/dimension or what not.

The romance part on DD however.
    Was simply horrible in my opinion. Nothing really happens except that the MC for wife number 1 does pretty much nothing and she pretty much chases or shows interest throughout most of the story. Then eventually he accepts her and the romance works in the way that they have a date, MC is gone for 10 years, he comes back he fights someone for her, he leaves for 50 years, then comes back they have dinner, he's gone for 300 years, comes back they get married. Wife number 2 is just seen from time to time and then also get's married to the MC with wife number 1.

Then there is the Fox girl who is the only girl I believe he sleeps with before the ending, then at the end he asks her if she want's to marry and follow him. But her response is hesitation because she needs to fix her kingdom first, so he just goes BYE! and then leaves.

Oh and yeah by the time he marries and actually hangs out with his wives, he's actually absorbed some superpower that forces him to rise to the immortal realm within a year so after his wives have waited for most of the story around 500 years or around that, they get to spend a year with him in which he get's them both pregnant, then during their last month/weeks of pregnancy he disappears and shortly after giving birth he ascends. During his ascension, he gives the two babies a necklace each and the two wives just cries like crazy.

Then the Fox girl pops out and says's she'll chase after him where ever he goes!

THE END

Also, in my opinion, it is in the ending with the two wives crying their hearts out together with their talents and cultivation realms at the end and throughout the story heavily implied that they will never ever be able to ascend which is why they are crying so badly. The only one with talent and cultivation to ascend is the Fox girl.

Which was from my understanding a reason to why he got some beef with the readers and promised to both improve and deepen the romance aspect in The Portal of Wonderland.