Hated types of Main characters

13»

Comments

• This just proves that you guys either didn't read the novel properly or are just inventing nonsense in order to bash a character you don't like. I'm okay with you not liking a character and criticizing him, it is your right after all, but when you pull bullshit out of your ass to bash a character is truly disgusting to read about.

- First off, you're already considered an adult when you reach 16 yo in their world. Yun Che and Qingyue married at that age after all.

- Yun Che didn't abandon his wife(Cang Yue) after having sex with her. He did properly at least spent a month with her. Yun Che had to leave in order to train for the upcoming tournament and "hide" from the DPE for the moment. He never even planned on going to Frozen Cloud Asgard until they came to invite him over.

- Xue'er is pure and innocent, but she's not retarded, she has all the memories of the Phoenix Spirit after all. Xue'er perfectly understands things like how marriages and wars work, she just doesn't have the experience.

- Yun Che had to deceive Xue'er about being of her Sect out of necessity, but he never intended to trick Xue'er into teaching him the World Ode of the Phoenix. Xue'er volunteered to teach Yun Che the Phoenix Ode herself, but he only accepted at her insistence while feeling guilty.

- Xue'er is not brainless, just naive. She knew all along that Yun Che wasn't a member of her Sect, and that his bloodline came from another Phoenix Spirit, but she chose to teach Yun Che the Phoenix Ode anyway. So, no, she wasn't tricked. Besides, it was an instruction given by her Phoenix Spirit itself that, if she were to ever meet an inheritor of the other Phoenix Spirit, she should pass the first four stages of the World Ode of the Phoenix to him/her.

- Yun Che spent hours risking his life in order to protect Xue'er inside the Profound Ark, and even taught his own part of the Phoenix Ode to Xue'er, so that's already a compensation. Moreover, he gave up his only means of escape in order to let Xue'er leave the Profound Ark safely, and had to endure the pain of 18 months of being shredded every day by spacial storms.

I agree that Yun Che has a lot of flaws as a character, being a womanizer and a pervert the most prominent ones, but his feelings for Xue'er are genuine. After all he has done and sacrificed for Xue'er, saying things like "tainting" a pure girl like a "dirty animal" is extremely uncalled for.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • @Ophis I respect a lot of the points you brought up but some not so much. Like "spent at least a month with her" and him having genuine feelings for Xue'er. Spent a month with her? Don't get married if you have to leave your wife like that. Also I bet a lot of married men might develope genuine feeling for other women after marriage. But they either divorce or push them down. Not repeatedly sacrifice their life and livelihood for them. 
  • @Ophis I respect a lot of the points you brought up but some not so much. Like "spent at least a month with her" and him having genuine feelings for Xue'er. Spent a month with her? Don't get married if you have to leave your wife like that. Also I bet a lot of married men might develope genuine feeling for other women after marriage. But they either divorce or push them down. Not repeatedly sacrifice their life and livelihood for them. 

I gave the argument about one month simply as a counter to what the other guy said. He said that Yun Che simply fucked his newlywed wife and forgot about her right after just because "I'ma be an asshole HUEHUEHUE". One month can at least be considered as quite a lot of time for a honeymoon.

Why are you talking as if everything that happened was premeditated by Yun Che? Yun Che was planning on leisurely spend his time with Cang Yue after marrying, he didn't even know that DPE was after him because of his bloodline until they crashed into his wedding ceremony. Yun Che had to leave Cang Yue for a few months out of a necessity that came way too suddenly. What did you expect him to do? He too felt bad and guilty for having to leave his wife like that shortly after marrying, so it's not like he was being an asshole.

Yes, only one month to spend with his newlywed wife was very little and unfair to her, but judging by the situation Yun Che was in, that was quite the concession. Besides, he was planning on coming back 3-4 months after that, it wasn't his intention to get stuck inside the Profound Ark.

You're giving an example of modern society there but, in the world of ATG, that's not how things work. Polygamy is something extremely normal and accepted in their world, I don't see why Yun Che couldn't develop genuine feelings for Xue'er just because he was already married. Don't forget that Cang Yue was already the 2nd wife, and she herself never had any problems with Yun Che having other wives.

IF even after developing feelings for Xue'er, and after all she did for him, Yun Che just decided to abandon her inside the Profound Ark, he would just be scum. Because, in that case, Yun Che would just be taking advantage of an innocent and pure girl for his own benefits, and abandon her when she most needed him.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • Why the heck you compare modern world, and i mean wester part of the word to ancient China way of thinking. Thats just plaintly stupid. And again ppl have no idea what a pedophile mean. Yun Che for sure isnt one.