The Master - I will update the story on a daily basis,please correct me when I make grammar mistakes

It is 2 pm in a Monday afternoon, and Min still lies in his tiny bed. Min is by no means a lazy person, but there is really no reason for him to leave his bed at this moment-he just lost his job. After dedicating wholeheartedly to his work for 5 years, he was fired because his boss found an inexpensive intern who just graduated from college to replace him. Bored, Min grabs the book titled The Analects on his night table and starts reading. 

"The Master said, 'Is it not a pleasure, having learned something, to try it out at due intervals? Is it not a joy to have friends come from afar? Is it not gentlemanly not to take offense when others fail to appreciate your abilities?'"

Is it? As Min lost in thoughts, the world outside has made drastic change and so will his life. 

The next morning, Min wakes up with a fresh mind and decides to find himself a new job. He opens his laptop, spent three hours browsing job listings and send out resumes. Graduated from a top graduate school, Min had a great hand of cards five years ago when he just stepped out of the school. However, he made the wrong decision to join the startup company, ILEFUN, Inc, where he spent 5 years working at. During the past five years, his role in the company was not very different from the combination of a front desk staff and a cleaner. He never had a chance to unitize his expertise in philosophy during his work and now he ends up at the age of 28 with no concrete working experience and employed. 

Around noon time, he decides to go to downstairs for lunch, alone of course. Wearing his pajama and SpongeBob slippers, he heads to the elevator. The door opens...

Comments