Above the Skies -《凌霄之上》by Guan Qi: Dropped

edited June 15 in Translations
Hello all! Because of the fact that my previous translation choice had no future, I have decided to change novels. 《凌霄之上》seems like a solid choice with about six hundred chapters out so far. It is a pretty interesting novel, as can be expected of the author Guan Qi who's publisher  apparently has a good publishing relationship with wuxiaworld. There was someone translating this novel on the forums, but it seems like they dropped the story after a few chapters(They have not updated in more than half a year so, I think it should be fine for me to pick it up). Updates on Every Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and some Saturdays.

TN: Now dropped

Comments

• Translator's Synopsis

Wang Xiong regains the memories of his past life. Regaining control of the human realm, he leads a mighty army and returns to the Immortal Realm on a conquest against the Divine Immortals. 

Changes begin, chaos arises.
  • edited May 20
    Chapter 1 - Calling Upon The Eye of Heaven

At the foot of Qiyun Mountain laid an army camp steeped in chaos and disarray. 

From it’s direction, one could hear the seemingly endless cries of pain and suffering of wounded soldiers as they were operated on by the army medics. Not too far away, one could see a tent, larger than the others in which the higher ranked generals had gathered in discussion for three entire days. 

Currently, outside of this tent keeled a group of servants. At the front was a skinny middle-aged man, his hands grasping a golden seal that shinned with a glistening luster. 

Every once in a while, the man would gaze in the direction of the nearby mountain in which the Tomb of The Gods rested. As of now, it was nearly impossible to spot due to an enormous tornado stirring up the desert sands and conjuring them into a large sandstorm wall. 

The man turned his head back to the tent in front of him as he clasped his hands in front of him and called out for what seemed to be the umpteenth time. "Eastern Palace, first-class steward Wang Zhouquan, carrying the golden seal of the Eastern Royal Palace, sincerely requests an audience with the High Lady of the Southern Palace, Zhou Tianyin!" 

One of the guards keeping watch over the outside of the tent stepped forward. "Wang steward, it has been three days, if the young miss wished to grant you an audience, she would have done it already, by now, it should be obvious that she does not want to see you!" 

The steward did not move from his kneeling position. "Who the young miss wants to meet is not something that is up to you to decide. As a soldier, you must do your job, the golden seal is here so do what you are told." He refuted, eyes fixed on the front flap of the tent. 

The guard sighed as he looked at the seal once more. The servant he could deal with, but the seal and the power it represented was not something that could be taken lightly. The guard made up his mind and walked back into the tent to repeat the stewards words once more. 

Seeing this happen once again, the surrounding servants began muttering under their breath. The group had been there for nearly three days, it was enough to drive them mad. 

One of them drew up their courage and spoke, "Head steward... Our master is gone, there is no changing that. We have waited for three days and nights already. Instead of waiting for a false hope, we should be preparing the funeral..."

Wang Zhouquan's eyes snapped open in anger. "Impudent!" 

"Head steward, we know it is hard to accept, but the young master is gone. The servants who returned have explained the situation. Young master was hit by an arrow while the army was under siege deep in the valley. Before they could recover his body, the sandstorm struck and they were unable to do so. Steward Wang, you should stop being so persistent and begin planning the funeral...” The faces of those present were all filled with shame, but it was clear that nothing would happen.

“You are certainly correct, those servants did leave behind young master to die. They failed their duty, not only were they unable to protect the young master, but they did not think twice about running away to save heir own skins. Such actions should be punished by death! As long as there is still hope that the young master is alive, we will not rest. If you speak out like this again, you will face punishment!” Wang Zhouquan flared as a cold beam flickered within of his eyes.

The servant who had previously spoken paused and lowered his head, he hesitated for a moment and then spoke again. “Head steward, it is common knowledge that there exists beasts who crave human flesh within the confines of the valley. It is likely that young master, along with the hundreds that have died during the battle no longer have corpses. Because of his demise, the Eastern Palace is now under great strain. We must return and try to alleviate the tension. As next in line, Wang Tianci needs our support right now. There can not be a palace without a master, and if we work hard now, we will likely find favor in Tianci's eyes."

Wang Zhouquan shot to his feet and turned around, revealing a rage filled face. "Our young master is the rightful heir. Although Wang Tianci has talent, he is nothing; he is not even worthy to lick the young masters shoes let alone compete for the position of leadership! Whether or not the young master is alive is not something that can be decided by a servant like you. We will not return until we have proof that he is gone, to say that the young master is dead is the same as saying that he deserves death! For that, you will die!" 

Hearing this, two other servants rose and moved forward. 

"Execute him!" Wang Zhouquan said, his eyes burning ruthlessly.

The servant who had spoken out began to shake. "No, please, Head steward, I have served you and the Wang household for nearly three years with upmost loyalty. As a second-ranked servant, all of my actions were done for the sake of the family! He stammered as his face began to lose its color. 

"You have done everything for the family? Ha!" Wang Zhouquan scoffed. "Such deeds can only be determined by your master. While it is still unsure if your master is alive or not, you worry not about him, but yourself! Turning your back on him in order to support others when the tables have turned., you are more than deserving of death!" Wang Zhouquan waved at the two standing servants and they walked forward. 

With a desperate look in his eye, the servant whimpered. "Pleas-" 

"Die."

Blood splattered as the servants behind him severed his head, the red liquid spraying a couple meters away. On the severed head, his face still contorted in a look of terror.

Wang Zhouquan turned around and looked at the other servants behind him, "From now on, those who insult the young master will meet the same fate!" 

"Yes." The remaining servants fearfully agreed, what the steward had done was killing one to scare a hundred. 

A moment after the servants had voiced their agreement, a powerful voice boomed from the entrance of the tent.

"Who is it that dares to make a scene in front of my tent?" The voice boomed, its aura blasting out in all directions. 

Upon hearing the voice, the entire camp went silent, even the wounded stopped calling out in pain. The only sound was that of the howling wind and slow dripping of blood onto the ground. 

Wang Zhouquan's face turned serious, a light of hope appearing in his eyes.

From within the tent, large footsteps sounded as a shadow appeared underneath the front flap. Out stepped a young man dressed in regal pupal clothing who was followed by a large number of generals.

The man was rather handsome with a regal bearing, in his eyes there existed a piercing gaze. As he stepped outside, a sense of unworthiness settled over everyone present.

Wang Zhouquan's eyebrows furrowed slightly as he bowed to the young man, "Eastern Palace, first steward, Wang Zhouquan greets Fourth Prince!" 

The Fourth Prince eyed the headless corpse laying on the ground with a cold gaze before turning back to Wang Zhouquan. "A mere steward? Do you even know where this is? Do you think that the King's tent is somewhere you can do as you wish?"

Wang Zhouquan's eyes flashed as he pulled the golden seal out into plain view. "I have truly dishonored Fourth Prince these past few days by waiting outside your tent. However, with only the golden seal of the Eastern Family, I was not able to enter the tent and personally speak. I only wish to ask for an explanation from your majesty!"

"How daring!" 

"Impudent!" 

The group of generals standing behind the Fourth Prince scowled, although Wang Zhouquan was currently holding up the golden seal, it mustered no response from the crowed. 

The Fourth Prince looked at the seal as his face deepened. "The Seal of the Eastern King is something only the descendants of the Eastern family can wield. Although you may have been granted the Wang surname, the seal is not meant to be used by servants. You must have great courage to come here today!"

"No matter how much courage I have, my actions are supported by my Eastern family. In fact, this golden seal was entrusted to me by the head of the Wang family. Everyone knows of your hatred for the Eastern mansion, and I have seen the way you look at the golden seal. Three days ago, our young master was harmed, even though he was near the back of the army, on the same day, it seems like there was a dispute between you." Wang Zhouquan said with a tone of resentment.

"Ah, so are you saying that your young master's death was caused by me?" The Fourth Prince said coldly.

"The young master is not dead." Wang Zhouquan scowled. "Furthermore, I do not have the time to argue with your majesty. I was waiting for..." The steward paused as a young woman came out of the tent entrance. "Young Miss! Miss Zhou!"

The woman was wearing a white dress that accented her slim figure. On her head rested a wide hat with a silk veil covering her face. Through it, one could slightly see the small silhouette of her delicate facial features. 

"You're looking for me?"The lady wondered aloud. 

Her clear voice cut through the tension. Although one could not see her facial appearance, her voice gave off a sense of untouchable beauty. 

Standing next to the girl was young man in sky-blue robes, on his face was an expression of extreme disgust as he looked upon the group of servants before him.  

"Servants of the Eastern Palace huh. Why are you seeking out my sister? Is it not enough that your young master Wang Xiong sought after her as a toad craving the meat of a swan? Being so weak and fragile, it's no wonder that he couldn't keep himself from dying in the Valley of Sirius! Yet you are still here, begging for my sister's help? Her ties with your Young Master were cut the moment he stepped foot into the battlefield!" 

Wang Zongquan's eyebrows twitched but he kept his head lowered. "So it is young master Zhou Chi of the Southern Palace... As a brother-in-law of master Wang, it is not befitting of you to talk of him in such a manner. You may call our Young Master a toad, but the marriage between him and Miss Zhou Tianyin is something that was personally decided by the four Kings and as well as the Emperor. If I were not to look for Lady Zhou's help, then who would I ask?"

"Ha! Not only is my sister one of the most beautiful women in the empire, but she is of noble decent as well. How can a cripple like Wang Xiong be worthy of her? With his position, my sister would never be able to accept him as her husband. As you know, when my sister was ordered to find and retrieve the flowers in the Tomb of the Gods, the person she turned to was the Fourth Prince who agreed to her invitation. However, your Wang Xiong sought approval and rushed to his own demise! His death is of his own doing, so why are you all still here bothering my sister? Now that he is dead, there is no need to speak of an arranged marriage." Zhou Chi said.

Hearing these words, Wang Zhongquan did not refute, but instead ignored Zhou Chi and turned to Zhou Tianyin. "Young miss, I beg of you to help our Young master."

Zhou Tianyin lowered her head softly. "Steward Wang, I know that you are dedicated to your master, but I have never met him. Furthermore, we have never been joined together in marriage. The wedding agreements were nothing but jokes made by the elders... What you are asking for can not be done."

Wang Zhongquan's expression turned dark for a split second before disappearing. He once again lowered his head and knelt at Zhou Tianyin's feet. "Young Miss, wither or not the marriage arrangement was real is not something for me to decide. However, it was your father who decided to do so. I must remind Young Miss that you father went so far as to even invite the other Kings to perform to matchmaking. In addition to this, he even got the Emperor involved with a marriage gift. Whether or not this marriage is still in effect is something that only the Emperor and four Kings can decide."

"You!!" Zhou Chi ground his teeth. "To dare and try to teach even though you are nothing but a servant? Your Young master is nothing but trash, yet he still wants to be married to my sister? In his dreams!" 

Once again, Wang Zhongquan ignored Zhou Chi as he spoke again. "I understand that taking advantage of the marriage is a dishonorable thing, but I truly have no other choice! Whether the young master lives or dies is something that is dependent on you Miss Zhou. I beg of you, please help him!"

"Sister, pay no attention to him. Wang Xiong is dead. There are soldiers who saw it with their own two eyes, Wang Xiong was killed by an arrow that embedded itself in between his eyebrows, there is no way that he is alive! Not only that, but there are numerous beasts living in the valley. I'm afraid that Wang Xiong may not even have a single bone left of his body!" Zhou Chi said as he gazed coldly at Wang Zhongquan.

The head servant spoke again. "Without the body, there is no proof that he is dead. Miss Zhou, whether you like it or not, you are my young master's finacee. I pray of you please help!" There was sorrow in his voice that could no longer be hidden. 

Zhou Tianyin was a bit contemplative. "Wang Xiong was among those wanting to pick the flowers from the Tomb of the Gods for me himself. I am very grateful, but Wang steward, your Eastern Palace must have sent a large number of strong warriors into the Valley these past few days in order to retrieve Wang Xiong. If the Eastern Palace itself could not retrieve him, what makes you believe that I can?" 

The Fourth Prince nodded. "What Miss Zhou just said is entirely correct. The mountain is one that is periodically blocked off by a large stream of wind and sand. With this wind pushing everyone back, it is nearly impossible for anyone to get in. The only way is to wait for the wind to die down, but each time this wind appears it lasts for longer than two months. When that time comes, I will support the Eastern palace in its ventures."

Wang Zhongquan let out a faint smile. "The Fourth Prince is so generous to our Eastern Palace! However, I wonder why previously, even though you knew the identity of our young master, you did not help him in his time of trouble?"

"You're saying that I left Wang Xiong behind intentionally?" The Fourth Prince glared.

Wang Zhongquan no longer pursued this subject as he turned back to Zhou Tianyin. Miss Zhou, although it is true that it is impossible to enter the valley because of the winds, I strongly believe that if Miss Zhou were to summon the Heavenly Eye in order to search the Valley to search for and find a way to save the young master."

"The Heavenly Eye?" Zhou Tianyin's expression froze.

"You want us to use the Heavenly Eye of the Zhou family to search for a crippled piece of trash? Ha! What status does Wang Xiong possess that grants him this blessing?" Zhou Chi rolled his eyes.

The fourth Prince also had an amused look on his face. 

"Miss Zhou, please rescue my master!" Wang Zhongquan again knelt.

Zhou Tianyin shook her head. "Only the head elders can use the Heavenly Eye. How can it be possible for me to access them? You have come to the wrong person!"

"Sigh, Young Miss, back when the master was alive, he had told me that Miss Zhou had been granted the Heavenly Eye of the Zhou Family. I understand your dilemma, but is it really not possible for you to summon the Eye and save my master? Wang Zhouquan said in a sad tone.

"Nonsense! My sister has not been granted the Heavenly Eye, what sort of wild guesses are the Eastern Palace making?" Zhou Chi rolled his eyes.

Zhou Tianyin on the other hand was a bit silent.

"Miss Zhou, whether you admit it or not, the marriage agreement between you and the young master still exists and was witnessed by the Emperor and
    Four Kings. Although our Eastern Palace has fallen into decline, you are still the lady yet to be married into the it. The young master is the last of the direct bloodline, so if he dies, no matter the status of the Eastern Palace, you are required by law to stay by the body of our master for three years." Wang Zhongquan said seriously.

"What impudence! You want to keep my sister by the side of that crippled body?" Zhou Chi glared with anger.

Zhou Tianyin also seemed fairly angry as the outline of her eyes could be seen through the veil.

Although there was a marriage arrangement, Zhou Tianyin had never met Wang Xiong. Though Wang Xiong died looking for flowers for her, staying by his side for three years was basically impossible.

"This is the law Young Miss. No one is above it!" Wang Zhongquan said coldly.

"And if I do not agree?" Said Zhou Tianyin.

"Miss Zhou, before the young master left to search for the flower, he left behind a letter that could be used to renounce his marriage agreement for you. He did this knowing the dangers of Sirius Valley. With that letter, Miss Zhou no longer has to be bound to this marriage!" Wang Zhoungquan said solemnly.

"Ah, to remove the marriage?" Zhou Tianyin's eyes revealed a look of surprise. 

Wang Zhongquan carefully took out the letter and handed it over.

Zhou Tianyin was a bit curious when she opened it.

"... A divorce letter?" Zhou Tianyin said coldly.

"Let me take a look!" Zhou Chi immediately reached out and grabbed the letter. "A letter of divorce? Ha! Wang Xiong dared to insult my sister like this?"

"No, this is not Wang Xiong's handwriting, but... Yours, am I correct old man?" The Fourth Prince said as he gazed over the letters contents.

Everyone looked at Wang Zhongquan.

"It doesn't matter whose writing this is. I hold in my hand the golden seal of the Eastern Palace, so if I place the seal on this letter, than it will take effect immediately!" Wang Zhongquan said solemnly.

"Are you sure that the letter you have written can really be said to be done on behalf of Wang Xiong? To press a seal on behalf of one's master could result in the servants death you know." Zhou Chi stared with astonishment.

"For the sake of getting the master back, this old man is willing to do anything. Sacrificing my life is a way to both break the Marriage arrangement while saving face for the Eastern Palace. Other than this letter of divorce, there is no other method. Now I ask once more, does Young Miss wish to watch over our young master's corpse for three years, or do you want to summon the Heavenly Eye and use it to launch a retrieval mission in exchange for your freedom?" Wang Zhongquan asked seriously.

The Fourth Prince and Zhou Chi exchanged looks, it was true that if one used the golden seal without permission, then it would surely result in death. This was something that was decreed by the law of the Daqin dynasty. Yet, Wang Zhongquan was willing to use the seal on the slim chance that Wang Xiong was still alive. The loyalty of this servant was enough to slightly move them.

"Please, Miss Zhou, I beg for your help!" Wang Zhongquan knelt and pressed his forehead to the ground, making a small thumping sound.

The entire camp was completely quiet as the letter of divorce appeared in front of Zhou Tianyi for the second time.

Zhou Tianyin looked at it and stood quietly for a long time before she sighed. "Make the seal, I'll summon the Heavenly Eye."
  • Thank.. :)
  • edited May 27
    Chapter 2 - Wang Xiong 

"Miss Zhou!" Wang Zhongquan brought out the now-stamped divorce letter.

The letter, though rough around the edges portrayed its meaning clearly. 

Zhou Tianyin looked through the letter once more before placing it within her sleeve. 

"Now Miss Zhou, please uphold your end of the bargain! Wang Zhongquan said with a seemingly impatient expression. 

Everyone's eyes moved to the beautiful woman as she took a step forward. With this single step, a strange energy began seeping out of the air. Around her, strong winds suddenly formed, pulling up clouds of sand.

"Rumble rumble!"

Strange dark clouds formed in the sky, expanding at an extremely rapid pace. In a blink of an eye, they had reached a size of a couple thousand feet. A flow of powerful air fell down from the sky, emanating an aura several times more powerful then the one exuded by the Fourth Prince previously. It quickly settled upon the soldiers, striking fear in everyone present.

Zhou Tianyin closed her eyes and tilted her head towards the sky. "I call upon the Heavens! Open your eyes and shine, pierce through the mountains and rivers!"

"Boom!"

With a loud rumble, the black clouds that spanned over thousands of miles unfolded as if it was an eyelid. Inside the crack there appeared a thousand-feet long eye with a purple pupil resting within it. 

"Rumble rumble!"

A frightening power was repulsed by the eye as nearly thirty percent of those present were forced to their knees due to their low cultivation. Those who were still able to stand were not much better off as the aura caused them to tense up and terrified most to the point where they didn't dare to breath loudly.

"The Ninth ranked Heavenly Eye of the Zhou family... So you really did have it?" The Fourth Prince said, looking at Zhou Tianyin with a surprised expression on his face.

"Sis-sister, since when...?" Zhou Chi was also shocked from the reveal.

"Ninth-ranked Heavenly Eye? Heavens, it really is! Young master, your servant has not failed you!" Wang Zhongquan bowed, his eyes growing moist.

"Heavenly Eye, I call you to pierce through the God Killing Holy Wind and gaze at the Valley of Sirius!" Zhou Tianyin said calmly, placing her full attention on the ritual.

"Whoosh!"

The ninth-ranked Heavenly Eye turned to face the mountain, its pupil dilating slightly.

The sandstorm could be seen even from the camp as it raged violently, stirring up sand and rocks. It was impossible to see through it.

At this moment, the Heavenly Eye shook before unleashing a Heavenly beam towards the mountain.

"Boom!" 

The Heavenly Eye instantly pierced through the storm and landed in the Valley of Sirius within the blink of an eye.  

"Whoosh!"

Zhou Tianyin waved her hand as a small screen appeared in front of her, showing everything that the Heavenly Eye saw. 

"How is it? Where is the young master? Do you see him?" Wang Zhongquan said desperately. 

The edges of the Fourth Prince's mouth curved upward into a faint smile.

"Look for yourself, Wang Xiong is dead, nothing remains of his body but bones!" Zhou Chi said coldly.

Zhou Tianyin's face was still covered by a silk veil. Though it was hard to see her facial expression clearly, it was obvious that at this moment, she too was staring intently at the pictures.

Within the valley one could see that there had obviously been a struggle. Strewn across the ground were the corpses of hundreds upon hundreds of soldiers. 

It could be seen that these corpses no longer resembled the body's to which they used to belong. The flesh was stripped off and the bones were munched upon until only fragments remained. 

After three days, they could no longer be recognized.

In the back, one could faintly see a pack of blue wolves, their mouths still dripping with blood as they gorged on the remains of the human army. 

The camp began to echo with the sound of grinding teeth. The soldiers who were watching clenched their hands as they watched their comrades body's be consumed by the blue wolves. 

"Steward Wang, are you sure that Wang Xiong was struck down within this valley?" Zhou Tianyin asked.

"Sister, there is no longer any need to look. Our guards have already seen that Wang Xiong was shot right between his eyebrows with an arrow in this valley. There is no way that he is still alive!" Zhou Chi said aloud. 

Zhou Tianyin nodded solemnly before noticing in the corner of her eye a faint and satisfied smile resting on the face of the Fourth Prince.

Even if he was not struck, there is no way that Wang Xiong could have survived living in the valley by himself for three days. Either way, he was likely nothing but shattered bones by now.

Sorrow fell upon the Wang servants as they gazed at the pictures depicted by the Heavenly Eye. One by one, they all began to lower their heads in acceptance, but suddenly, Wang Zhongquan's body began to shake. On his face, one could see indescribable joy.

"Young master! I saw him! He's alive!" Wang Zhongquan said, shooting to his feet.

"What!" The crowd froze as everyone once again examined the valley.

"There, by the pack of wolves! It's really him! Its the young master!" Wang Zhongquan cried as he pointed at the screen.

Everyone moved their eyes to where the Wang steward had pointed.

Indeed, within the valley, one could see that a group of about ten blue wolves, along with a king wolf that was nearly twice their size, were crowded around a young man.

This young man appeared to be about seventeen to eighteen years old. His face was cut and bruised, but one could still make out his facial features. This Wang Xiong was actually extremely good looking. 

Propped on a rock, Wang Xiong could be seen with a shirt that was soaked with blood, however it did not seem that he was dead. Although unconscious, his chest still moved up and down in a steady rhythm. 

It was strange. Although he was surrounded by wolves, none of them moved forward. Each wolf was growling and looking at the young man with hunger in their eyes, but yet they did not do anything other than bear their teeth,

"Impossible." A guard behind the Fourth Prince muttered softly. 

Although this was said quietly, due to the shocked silence, the guards' words were heard by everyone present. 

"I saw it with my own eyes, the arrow struck right in between his eyebrows! How can it be possible that he is still alive, more importantly, where is the wound!" He stammered.

"The blood on his clothing seems to come from a head injury, but there isn't one that can be seen!" Another guard added.

The group once again fell into a shocked silence.

The Fourth Prince's expression turned dark as his eyes gazed fiercely at the unconscious teenager. How could the boy not be dead!

"This is Wang Xiong?" Zhou Tianyin said curiously. 

"It's strange. I remember clearly that in between Wang Xiong;s eyebrows there existed a cherry blossom shaped birthmark. It was one of the things he was ridiculed because of... However, right now, that birthmark is gone, is this really Wang Xiong?" Zhou Chi showed a bit of suspicion.

"Cherry blossom shaped birthmark?" Everyone turned their eyes to Wang Xiong's forehead.

Even Wang Zhongquan was stunned. It was true, the birthmark between Wang Xiong's eyebrows had really disappeared!

While everyone else was still examining the young boy, Wang Zhongquan smiled with a sense of delight. It was truly a blessing from the heavens! The birthmark was truly gone!

From birth, Wang Xiong had been a bit dim-witted. The rate at which he trained and studied was always slower than others. Thus everybody jeered at him. When his father was still alive, he used up many riches in order to find a cure. In the process, he invited a Divine Healer to examine Wang Xiong. In the end, the healer told Wang Xiong's father that the birthmark on his forehead was the cause of all these problems. Wang Xiong's father begged the Divine Healer to remove the birthmark, but even the he couldn't do it. No one else knew of this except for Wang Zhongquan due to his devotion.

Now, the birthmark had disappeared! Was it true that Wang Xiong was healed now?

Wang Zhingquan couldn't hide his joy.

"Please Miss Zhou, bring my young master back!" Wang Zhouquan said once again.

Zhou Tianyin shook her head, "The Eye of Heaven can only be used to see through the storm, it can not bring Wang Xiong out."

Wang Zhongquan shook as his hope was stripped from him.

"Isn't that toad Wang Xiong still alive? Why are you worrying? It does not seem like he is too badly harmed, and for some reason, the wolves seem to be refraining from attacking him." Zhou Chi said.

Zhou Tianyi frowned. "I also do not know why the wolves are not attacking, the Heavenly Eye can only see images from the location, it can not be used to sense for any other powers." 

The Fourth Prince's eyes scanned the screen coldly with his gaze fixed on Wang Xiong.

He seemed to be sleeping soundly in the middle of the pack. Although the wolves had been circling for a while now, they still hadn't made any move towards the young man. 

It was strange.

"Are there any treasures on Wang Xiongs body? Or is his breathing so loud that it is scaring away the wolves?" Zhou Chi said curiously.

"Impossible." The Fourth Prince said in a low voice. "Those wolves possess high relatively high cultivation. Especially the Wolf King. With its higher intelligence, it wouldn't be afraid of some treasure, instead it would be planning to steal it!" 

"If its not a treasure protecting him, what is it?" Zhou Chi said uncertainly.

"Could it be...?" Zhou Tianyin murmured under her breath, drawing attention from everyone else.

"It could be because of the emanating aura of his cultivation base. Those with a strong cultivation are able to release a strong aura that can cause those surrounding them to be suppressed. This could be what is keeping the pack of wolves back." Zhou Tianyi explained.

"Not possible. As far as I know, that cripple has barely reached the first level of the spiritual sea realm[1]. At such a low level, his aura would not be able to scare away the lesser wolves, not to mention the King Wolf." Zhou Chi said, frowning. 

Everyone present was extremely puzzled by this turn in events and turned to Wang Zhouquan for an explanation, however he was just as confused as they were, merely he didn't show it. 

Little did the group know, Zhou Tianyi was correct. Wang Xiong, though unconscious, was releasing a dense murderous aura.

The wolves around him all desperately wanted to eat him, but the aura suppressed them. The aura was so strong that if they got too close, then they would be pushed to the ground by it.

The pack growled, every time they moved forward a single step, the pressure would increase by two times. If they moved close enough, then death would also be a possibility!  

Wang Xiong had already been unconscious for nearly three days. However, now, his eyelashes suddenly moved. 

A mall twitch was enough to cause mass chaos among the wolves and those in the army camp. 

Unknown to those watching, the aura suddenly increased in intensity, causing the surrounding wolves to jump back in retreat. 

"Is it time for him to wake up?" 

[1] I did spiritual sea instead of qihai because that is pretty much the English translation, but if you guys don't like that please tell me.

TN: Hey guys, sorry for the late updates, these past few days have been wild. I'm sorry that I didn't keep up with my promise of three chapters this week, so you will receive four next week. But damn, these chapters are way longer than I originally though. Oh well. Thanks for your support!
  • Thank..
  • Thanks  :D Please don't drop this as it is promising  :)
  • edited May 25
    Chapter 3 - Awakening Past Memories

Wang Xiong's eyelids fluttered once more before shooting open. 

"Boom!"

Wang Xiong sat up suddenly, his face contorted in an expression of pain as he grasped at his chest. Within his eyes there rested an uncontrollable rage as well as an intense sadness. 

"Ao!" 

The moment Wang Xiong sat up, the radius of the aura doubled, forcing the wolves back as the weaker ones yelped from the pain. All of the wolves within the valley suddenly began to shake as their fur stood on end.

"No! Don't! We have been through too much together. Please! Do not close your eyes!" Wang Xiong let out a grieving wail.

As he cried out, an energy wave was released from his body, blasting away the surrounding wolves and throwing them against the rocky floor.

Those who were watching from the foot of the mountain could not believe their eyes.

Although the Ninth-ranked Heavenly Eye could see what was going on in the valley, they could not hear what was happening. 

"Why is there such a pained look on his face?" Zhou Chi said, frowning. 

"I do not know... But what puzzles me even greater is that the wolves seem to be afraid of him. Is his cultivation really so high that he can release an aura strong enough to scare away those wolves?" The Fourth Prince mused.

"Miss Zhou, it there truly no way to bring him out of the valley?" Wang Zhongquan asked.

"I'm afraid that that isn't possible. Other than viewing areas that one can not normally see, my Heavenly eye can also fire blasts of energy. Unfortunately, it can not be used to retrieve anyone." Zhou Tianyi said slowly.

Wang Zhongquan's face fell as his last hope drained out from within him.

The wolves had already gotten back to their feet, and although they were still barring their teeth, they did not move any closer to Wang Xiong.

The young man felt his head clear as he looked around and examined his surroundings. 

"My cultivation base... No... Where am I?" He looked down and lightly grasped at the space above his lap. "She's... not here?"  

This? 

At that moment, Wang Xiong eyes narrowed as he examined his hands. "Wait... This is not my body..." He twisted his hand into a fist. "Resurrection?"

"Swoosh!" 

Wang Xiongs mind suddenly felt like it was pricked by numerous needles as a flood of information shot into his mind.

"No... This couldn't possibly be a reincarnation as I still possess the old memories of this body... Yet this is so strange... Why am I now in the body of a human?" Wang Xiong's eyebrows furrowed. 

He closed his eyes and peered within his body. Upon reaching the forehead, Wang Xiong froze as between his eyebrows, a cherry blossom slowly faded into existence.

"The cherry blossom birthmark is back? How is it possible that a birthmark can be there sometimes yet other times not?" Zhou Chi said, confusion splayed across his face.

"Wang Zhongquan, do you know what could be causing this?" The Fourth Prince was also stumped.

Wang Zhongquan scratched his chin. What was this cherry blossom birthmark? This was something even he did not truly know. Yet, the appearance of it made him immeasurably happy. Because of it's appearance, he could confirm for sure that that man was his young master, moreover, his young master would no longer be contained to the curse anymore.

"Could it possibly be some a talisman of some sort?" Zhou Tianyin wondered aloud.

"Talisman?" Everyone wondered.

Indeed, within the valley, Wang Xiong opened his eyes and touched the mark on his forehead. To everyone's surprise, it came off, falling right into his hand. The item that was now resting in his hand was actually a slip of paper.

The eyes of everyone watching widened.

Wang Xiong gazed at the paper with a soft look in his eyes. "Your love simply transcends time and space itself... This God-Binding Talisman you gifted me has protected me as I went through the purification of the Six Paths of Reincarnation. Although my true self has been sealed for nearly seventeen years, this talisman has kept my soul complete along with my memories. But you..."

Wang Xiong's face fell as he toyed with the talisman within his hand. As he looked at it, he couldn't help but reminisce about the past as well as the person who stood by him the entire time. The more he thought about it, the more miserable he felt. As time passed, turmoil built within his inner organs. 

"Pah!"

A spurt of blood shot out of Wang Xiong's mouth.

Seeing the blood, the wolves began to become restless as their growls grew louder. 

"Ha... Heavens do you really hate me so? To grant me reincarnation but not allow me to forget these painful memories?" Wang Xiong said miserably.

Seeing Wang Xiong's weakness, the Wolf King howled loudly before charging in. Seeing the Wolf King running in, the other wolves took this as a chance and rushed in as well. 

The howl released by the Wolf King snapped Wang Xiong out of his musings. He looked up at the wolves with a cold gaze. 

In the process of removing the talisman, nearly all of the sealed items within his body, such as his memories, were unsealed. It was during that time that a few things from his previous life returned to him as well. 

Wang Xiong sighed as he felt a familiar energy flow through his body. With a cold look in his eye he stood up. 

As he did so, a wave of energy rushed out of his body in the form of murderous intent. This force was hundreds of times stronger than that of which he subconsciously released when he was sleeping. The energy rushed forward and slammed into the wolf pack, pushing them to the ground. Within the blink of an eye, all of them lay on the ground, unmoving. 

To those watching from the energy screens of the Heavenly eye, it was as if Wang Xiong had merely stood up. However the wolves saw differently. As they whimpered under the pressure, the only thing that they saw was a peerless existence, an emperor above all beasts. 

The Demonic Tiger!

Wang Xiong tilted his head, his eyes gazing over the pack as if he were a lion picking a rabbit to slaughter. Faced with the gaze of a predator, the wolves could do nothing but shake uncontrollably.

"What just happened? Why is it that the moment Wang Xiong stood up, the pack crashed to the ground?" Zhou Chi murmured in disbelief.

It was as if an arc of lightning had struck the camp as each and every person watching was now shocked to the core.

Although Wang Xiong lost his cultivation in the cycle of reincarnation, the inherent aura of the Tiger Emperor from his past life was still present within his soul. How could these wolves, who were near the bottom of the food chain, be able to resist the might of an emperor's royal aura?

"Roar!" Moments after his intent had been released. An earth-shattering roar responded.

From within the forest came a large and ferocious looking tiger that seemed to be about twenty feet long. 

On its forehead rested a single word. "King!" The tiger growled as it studied Wang Xiong with its gleaming eyes. 

"Another Tiger?" The wolves within the valley cried out in unparalleled sorrow. 

The situation on the outside however was quite different. 

"I see now! The wolves were not afraid of Wang Xiong, but that tiger! What did I say? Did I not tell you that it is impossible for that cripple Wang Xiong to posses a cultivation base strong enough to scare away those wolves?" Zhou Chi jeered.

The Fourth Prince let out a breath he didn't know he was holding as everyone nodded in understanding, after all it was a well known fact that Wang Xiong was extremely weak.

"That tiger... Although the valley it lives in is surrounded by a god-slaying wind, is able to grow to such a large size. If I were to guess, that tiger is likely at the early Martial Lord stage!"[1] The Fourth Prince said, examining the tiger. 

"Martial Lord?" Wang Zhongquan's expression suddenly grew very solemn.

"Yes. This tiger seems to be at the first level of the Martial Lord realm. Wang Xiong is only at the first level of the Spiritual Sea realm, so they are an entire realm apart. I'm afraid that Wang Xiong will not be so lucky this time around." The Fourth Prince seemed to have a saddened expression, but within his eyes one could see a beam of satisfaction.

"Miss Zhou, I beg of you, please use the Heavenly Eye to strike down that tiger!" Wang Xiong said frantically from his kneeling position. 

"It's useless. That tiger is the only thing keeping the wolves from eating Wang Xiong. If you kill it then Wang Xiong will be as good as dead!" By now a hint of a smile could be seen on the Fourth Prince's face.

"Additionally, I have not cultivated my Heavenly Eye to it's strongest level yet. The power it can release can at most slightly harm the tiger. I'm afraid killing it is out of the question." Zhou Tianyin shook her head and sighed. 

"This time, Wang Xiong is going to be dead for sure!" Zhou Chi said confidently.

In the valley, the tiger had already approached by a few paces. From its spot, it stared intensely at Wang Xiong while paying no attention to the wolf pack.

Wang Xiong tilted his head as he looked at the large tiger, within his eyes appeared a sense of amusement.

"Hm?" The tiger furrowed it's brows as it focused it's gaze on Wang Xiong. "Human! The aura that was just released, why did it originate from here?" As it spoke, the tiger found itself subconsciously speaking in a mildly modest tone. 

Wang Xiong;s lips curled into a small smile before slightly breathing in through his nose. As he did this, his pupil contracted fiercely, taking upon the shape of a tigers eye. From within his mouth shot out a strong but short tiger's roar.

"Roar~~~~~!" 

The roar was not abnormally loud, yet within the opposing tiger's ear, it felt like there was rolling thunder dancing inside its head. In this roar there seemed to be a large wave of heavenly force that heavily impacted the tiger's spiritual sense. The sound echoed within its head as the tigers vision blurred, making it seem as if there were thousands of tigers standing behind Wang Xiong.

"This!? Heavenly Tiger's Godly sound?" The demon tiger shook as it glanced at Wang Xiong.

"Thump!"

The demonic tiger fell to the ground in a fright as it bowed towards the young man standing in the middle of the valley.  

"Elder, this little cub has offended you, I beg for your forgiveness!" The tiger was still in its prostrating position, but one could see its limbs shaking violently.

The Martial Lord ranked tiger was... bowing to Wang Xiong?

Back in the camp, as Zhou Tianyin prepared to fire the Heavenly Eye, she stopped suddenly.

Zhou chi's mouth opened to the point where it seemed like his chin was touching the ground.

Impossible! Was this tiger ill? Why did it not eat Wang Xiong? The Fourth Prince's expression once again grew dark. 

Out of everyone present, only Wang Zhongquan had a delighted expression on his face.

No matter the reason behind the tigers strange actions, it remained unchanged that Wang Xiong was still safe.

Back in the Valley, Wang Xiong had begun to walk towards the tiger. 

"Elder please, forgive me!" The demon tiger pleaded miserably.

Heavenly Tiger's Godly Sound was something only higher ups of the Tiger clan were able to perform. Thus, even if the person performing it seemed extremely weak, one could not act rashly. 

Wang Xiong's body was still relatively weak, however he made moved forward until he stood directly infront of the demon tigers face. 

The people from within the camp were all shocked at Wang Xiong's actions, but even more frightening was the fact that the demon tiger had not lashed out!

"What is your name?" Wang Xiong said, his hands behind his back.

"Elder, this Junior's name is Juque!" The demon tiger said fearfully.

Wang Xiong grinned lightly. "I see, then for the time being, could you be my ride?" 

"Ah? Elder... Sure!" The demon tiger was startled, but dared not to offend the young human. 

Wang Xiong took this chance to jump on the tiger. 

The tiger then stood up, raising Wang Xiong to an elevated position.

At the moment, the demon tiger appeared extremely obedient. No matter how Wang Xiong positioned himself, it did not speak out. 

As these images appeared on the energy screens, everyone was stunned. What was this?

"This is impossible!" The Fourth Prince snapped.  "Wang Zhongquan, how does your young master know that tiger!"

Wang ZHongquan was stunned himself. The tiger had changed from a bloodthirsty emperor to an obedient racehorse in the blink on an eye. 

"This is Wang Xiong? The same Wang Xiong you described to be as dumb and weak?" Zhou Tianyin wondered as she gazed at Zhou Chi.

Zhou Tianyin, though she had an arranged marriage with Wang Xiong had never met him in person. In her family, no one dared to tell her about the family's future son-in-law. The only one who spoke to her about Wang Xiong was her brother Zhou Chi, yet whenever he spoke, it was of how bad Wang Xiong was. 

The belief that Wang Xiong was dumb and weak. That he was as stupid as a pig and so skinny that he could barely stand. These were all things installed into her memory by Zhou Chi.

Yet, this person whom she had looked down upon had made a demon tiger of the Martial Lord realm kneel before him as a riding pet. If he was trash, what was she?

"Ack... I... Him... I also don't know!" Zhou Chi was also shocked by what he had seen, but he was not the only one. Everyone present had been shaken deeply by the days occurrences.

Back inside the Valley, Wang Xiong sighed as he sat atop the demon tiger. "Bring the wolves we'll leave this place first!" 

"Yes Elder!" The tiger responded before growling at the wolves and forcing them to follow. 

As the group moved towards the edges of the mountain, Wang Xiong turned his head and gazed at the sky before stopping at a certain point.

The area he was looking at was actually where the Heavenly eye was! The entire camp burst out into commotion as the screen depicted Wang Xiong staring intently through the screen. 

"Impossible! Has he discovered the Heavenly Eye?" Zhou Tianyin felt a chill run through her body. 

The Heavenly Eye was a technique that could pierce through anything, a benefit being that it was nearly impossible to spot. This made the Eye extremely useful when it came to infiltration missions. 

Yet the glance from Wang Xiong as well as the cold expression on his face had truly shocked Zhou Tianyin to the bone.

"Coincidence, definitely a coincidence!" She muttered to herself.

"Whoosh!" 

The Heavenly Eye made out of clouds suddenly closed its eyelids, becoming nothing more than a dark cloud before dispersing slowly.

"Sister, what happened to the Heavenly Eye?" Zhou Chi said with a startled look on his face. 

"My Heavenly Eye is merely ninth-ranked. Although it is powerful, it can only be activated for a short period of time." Zhou Tianyin said, still stunned by Wang Xiong's gaze.

[1] I didn't really know how to translate Wu Zhong so i just estimated the martial cultivation level.
  • edited May 22
    Thank  :) ..
  • edited May 23

<3   <3 <3

• edited May 27
    Chapter 4 - God-Binding Rope

The foot of Qiyun Mountain, within the tent of the Fourth Prince

"Smash!" 

Shards of porcelain scattered in every direction, remains of the cup that the Fourth Prince had just hurled on the ground.

In front of him was a person dressed in black, kneeling nervously as he stayed silent.

"I thought you said that this mission was completed without any mistakes... Would you care to explain to me why Wang Xiong is still alive then? Is the last direct descendant of the Eastern Palace really that difficult to kill?" The Fourth Prince said slowly, emphasizing his every word.

"Forgive me your Highness! To our knowledge Wang Xiong was indeed killed in the Valley. Several of us saw the arrow strike his forehead with our own eyes. It was impossible for us to know that there was a talisman protecting him." The man is black reported, his head lowered. 

The Fourth Prince scowled deeply. "Hrumph! I do not wish to hear excuses! Do you know the risks I have taken in order to make this plan succeed? Now that you fools have missed this chance, who know when the next chance will appear?" 

"Your Majesty, please give me another chance! When the God-slaying wind ends, I will make sure that Wang Xiong is dead." The man in black said, gritting his teeth.

"Another chance? Ha! At this point you are next to useless! Because of your carelessness, you have aroused suspicion from others. If the other Palaces discover that we were responsible for the downfall and death of the Eastern Palace's last heir, my family will be destroyed! Although my family's strength has been increasing steadily, we can not face two Palaces at once!" The Fourth Prince's face turned deadly serious. 

"I... I!" A cold sweat broke out from the man's forehead. 

"Wang Xiong must die before the God-slaying wind stops! He must not be allowed to return alive!" The Fourth Prince said calculatingly.

"I understand your Highness's plan, but we can not enter the valley due to the winds. It is impossible for us to kill him ourselves..." The man said slowly.

The Fourth Prince sighed before turning around to look away from the black robed man. "Lucky for us, Sheng'er is still inside the Valley." 

"His little Royal Highness? The Prince with immeasurable talent who was awarded the rank of High Officer by the Emperor himself? Haha! we are truly saved!" The man felt a surge of relief wash over him. "With Highness inside the Valley, then we do not have to fear anymore! Wang Xiong is as good as dead!"

"Yes..." The Fourth Prince mused. "As of now, I will pull the troops back from our position. This way, Zhou Tianyin wouldn't interfere with our plans. According to my knowledge, Sheng'er should have a map of the entire mountain range with him and is currently looking for the flower within the Tomb of the Gods.Therefore he should be able to navigate well within the area. It's a good thing I remembered this, or you would have faced severe consequences."

"This servant is incapable!" The man in black cried once more, forehead slamming against the floor.

Inside Zhou Tianyin's a similar conversation was taking place between the two siblings. 

Inside, Zhou Chi could be seen muttering out loud. "That demon tiger has to be something that is related to the Eastern Palace; otherwise, it would not let that cripple ride on it!" 

Zhou Tianyin who was seated nearby sighed. "Zhou Chi, you know as well as I do that the demon tiger is ranked upon the top of those living within the valley. Although I do not know the exact relationship Wang Xiong has with it, I am sure that this relationship is not something that has existed for a long time."

Zhou Tianyin paused. "Little brother, I have been wondering, when you told me all of those bad things about Wang Xiong was there anyone else who told you to do so?"

"Ah?" Zhou Chi was stunned.

"Is it true Zhou Chi, or do you dare to lie to me?" Zhou Tianyin questioned. 

"I am sorry sister, but yes it is true. As you may know, the Fourth Prince's younger brother is a good friend of mine and he requested for me to speak on his behalf. Sister, you must know that the little prince is truly talented. Although he is only eighteen years old, he has already broken through to the Martial Lord realm. His role on the battlefield is not small either. In fact, I have even heard that the Great Emperor himself has praised him for his deeds."

Zhou Chi sighed. "Compared to that trash Wang Xiong he is truly the better choice! Even after ten years of cultivation, Wang Xiong has not even come close to approaching the Zenith. The only reason why he is has a cultivation base within the Spiritual Sea is because his father supported him through it." He looked up at Zhou Tianyin. 

"Sister, this man is not deserving of you. You deserve someone such as the little prince!"

Zhou Tianyin's eyes flashed. "I have not said that he deserves me, but neither does that prince of yours! Who gave you the right to meddle in my affairs!"

Zhou Chi lowered his head in shame. "I's sorry sister."

"Forget it. I have never paid too much attention to finding a husband anyway. In terms of benefits, even the flower from the Valley of Sirius would be better than them!" Zhou Tianyin said, calming down. 

"About that sister, it seems that the Fourth Prince wishes to move the camp further away from the mountain range." Zhou Chi said with a hint of worry.

"The Fourth Prince has his own plans and so do I. However, doesn't it seem strange that wherever we go, the Fourth Prince is never more than two steps away?" Zhou Tianyin said coldly.

Zhou Chi paused for a second before realizing what his sister had just said. "Sister,are you saying that the Fourth Prince intentionally stopped us from retrieving the flower and is actually trying to get it for himself?"

Zhou Tianyin nodded grimly.

"Why? Did he not come in order to support us with his army? What would motivate him to do such a thing? Zhou Chi said confused.

"I do not know, but the situation isn't hopeless yet. The flower is hard enough to get to, and without the map given to me by the Emperor, it is nearly impossible to find it." Zhou Tianyin said softly.

-

Qiyun Mountain, on the surface of a large lake sat a young man in deep meditation.

This was obviously Wang Xiong who was currently sitting crossed-legged on a large rock in the middle of the lake. His eyes were closed as he breathed slow steady breaths. 

By the lake rested the demon tiger, its eyes strangely fixed on Wang Xiong. 

Previously, when Wang Xiong had released the roar of the Heavenly Tiger God, the demon tiger Ju Que had been shaken so much that he had feared for his life. Although Wang Xiong had appeared weak, he was after all someone who had released the heaven-defying roar. In the face of that, Ju Que could do nothing but act as small as he could.

However, a day had passed and yet Wang Xiong still appeared to be a weak human. This confused Ju Que greatly. Was this a test? Was the human appearance just an illusion?

Ju Que was brought out of his musings as he noticed the Wolf King approach. The Wolf king moved forward and whispered silently to the tiger.

"So when you first saw him, he was already in this form? And that murderous aura was indeed released by him?" Ju Que said, repeating the Wolf Kings words to him once more.

The Wolf King nodded carefully.

Ju Que's eyes changed as all the fear melted away before becoming replaced with a greedy smile. He could sense that Wang Xiong was currently only at the first level of the spiritual sea ream, with such a cultivation it would be impossible for him to obtain such a strong murderous aura.

"Unless, there are treasures from the tiger clan protecting him?"

Ju Que licked his lips as greed filled his eyes.

He dared not to move yet until he knew for sure, but for now he would keep a watch on the human.

Wang Xiong, unaware of the tiger's thoughts had just slipped into a meditative trance. As his breathing evened out, Wang Xiong's mind sank into his dantian.

The dantian was seemingly empty except for a tiny thread of qi. "Cultivation is essentially the power unleashed through the seven meridians and the three essential veins. Although I was near the pinnacle of this world in my previous life, it looks like I will have to start all over. In my previous life I had rushed my cultivation and ended up with an unstable foundation that stunted my growth. Within this life, I must make sure that the foundation I create is firm and solid." Wang Xiong thought to himself.

"Because of my low cultivation level, I can only open one of the veins and two of the meridians." Wang Xiong's vision focused within his dantian.

"The dantian is one of these meridians, lucky for me it is one that is opened by the heavens at birth so I do not have to go through too much trouble. This place is where my qi is stored which is my main source of strength. Although it's current level is weak, it is better than nothing." Wang Xiong turned his thoughts towards a point on his head.

"The Zenith Meridian is a point on the top of my head. This meridian is what absorbs qi from the heaven and earth and brings it to the "midrib" where it is refined before being sent to the dantian..." Wang Xiong sighed as he recalled his memories of this life. 

"It seems that before the talisman was removed, this body was so garbage that the Zenith Meridian was only opened because of father's assistance."

Wang Xiong sighed again as he studied the meridian. "Aiya... This meridian is simply too tiny. With such a small meridian, the absorption of qi is less than half the rate of others. The only possibility of making it larger while building a strong foundation is to turn the "zenith wheel". However this wheel can not be turned easily..." Wang Xiong paused a moment before smiling.

"If I remember correctly, the reason why I perished this time around was because I was chasing after a flower from the Tomb of God. That flower can be used to turn the Zenith wheel!" A sense of determination formed within Wang Xiong.

Due to his reincarnation, his body now had a near empty dantian with its Zenith meridian too small to bring in the needed amount of qi. However, Wang Xiong wasn't too worried as he patiently looked through his body.

His gaze moved down from the top of his head to a spot in between his eyebrows. 

"It seems that due to the God-binding talisman,  my soul is still in relatively good shape." This area was also a meridian called the Mind meridian and it was where the soul and will dwelled. If not for the fact that his mind was protected by the talisman as it went through reincarnation, then Wang Xiong would have been consumed by the wolves a long time ago.

Wang Xiong gazed deeper into the Mind meridian.

Within it was a pitch black area. In the center of it sat a translucent blue tiger with a vast powerful spirit circling around it.

However, the tiger appeared extremely weak, its appearance flickering every few seconds. 

"At the moment, my spirit has been weakened by quite a bit but it should still be enough to scare away those a few realms higher than me." Wang Xiong sighed softly.

"In my past life I was a tiger so my soul in this life will naturally be that of a tiger. With this in mind, it would be better if I continued to cultivate in the《White Tiger Yang Technique》!"

As soon as Wang Xiong said this, the tiger spirit gave out a loud roar as it stomped its feet. It opened its mouth and seemingly absorbed the surrounding murderous aura. For a short period of time, the tiger spirit condensed into a solid figure. 

From the outside, it appeared as if Wang Xiong had lost his fearful aura, causing Ju Que and the wolf pack to snap their gazes towards his silent body.

"Ha! It really is a treasure from the tiger clan! This kid actually has the gall to fool me!" Ju Que laughed as he looked at the boy.

He barked out an order at the wolves. "Go! All of you kill him and bring that treasure of his to me!" 

Ju Que now firmly believed that everything Wang Xiong did was a hoax created by the treasure. At this moment, the only thing he wanted was to claim the treasure for himself!

Within Wang Xiong's mind, the tiger spirit trembled before looking outside. Sensing danger, Wang Xiong's eyes snapped open!

Seeing this brought fear back into the wolves hearts as their skin curled, no longer daring to move forward.

"What are you afraid of? Quickly go! Otherwise I will devour all of you!" Ju Que shouted. 

Hearing this the wolves all grit their teeth and moved forward. 

Wang Xiong heard this as well and slowly stood up, staring at Ju Que with an icy gaze. "Ju Que? You're courting death!"

"Go!" Ju Que roared.

Once the decision was made, the wolves no longer hesitated. The murderous aura that had previously surrounded Wang Xiong was gone, there was no need to fear!

"Roar!"

The wolves leaped towards Wang Xiong with the intent to kill.

Although Wang Xiong did not have enough time to cultivate in his 《White Tiger Yang Technique》he was not afraid. Within his hand was a talisman with a cherry blossom mark.

It was the God-binding talisman that had reincarnated with him. Previously it was carved in between his brows, but he had blessed it into his palm for the time being. As he clenched his hand the talisman began to shake and emit a small light. A blink of an eye later, it had transformed into a long pinkish rope, The God-binding talisman was now the God-binding rope!

Wang Xiong turned his gaze at the wolves that were steadily approaching. Although they were bloodthirsty and possessed higher cultivation's than him, within Wang Xiong's eyesight, these were nothing more then specs of dirt on the ground.

"Hrumph!" Wang Xiong's expression turned cold as the long rope in his hand shot out like an evil snake, bristling with power as it whipped out into the air.

"Bang!"

With a single lash, twelve blue wolves were struck, the rope drawing blood before releasing and tossing them far away. However, this did not include the Wolf King who was drawing even closer.

"Roar!"

For the second time, Wang Xiong's rope lashed out into the air. 

The rope seemed to be able to transform its length to whatever Wang Xiong needed as it whipped out like an orderly chain. Wherever it went, blood was drawn, and within a few breaths time, there were no more wolves standing before Wang Xiong.

With a small grunt, Wang Xiong lept to the shoreline, a few feet away from the demon tiger Ju Que.

"Little tiger. Making you my mount is my way of showing you respect. However you could not distinguish between right and wrong. If you wish to try me, then look no further! I will grant you this fight. 

Once more the rope lashed out, its target: The Demon tiger Ju Que.

• Thanks...
  • edited May 26
    Chapter 5 - Nine Lashes of the Whip

At the foot of Qiyun Mountain laid a small tent, within it sat the head steward of the Wang family, Wang Zhongquan, a worried expression on his face.

Although the others had walked away believing that the demon tiger had some sort of connection with the Wang family, Wang Zhongquan knew better. He had never seen such a beast before in his life, but as long as it did not pose any harm to the young master than he would gladly accept any reason.

The morning after they had discovered that Wang Xiong was still alive, Wang Zhongquan's first move was to kneel once more before Zhou Tianyin's tent. "Miss Zhou, may I trouble you to summon the Heavenly Eye again so I may check on my master's condition?"

Under any other circumstance, Zhou Tianyin would have rejected him, however, she, along with the Fourth Prince and the rest of the higher ranking members of the camp were curious as well.

Exiting her tent, Zhou Tianyin closed her eyes as she breathed in deeply.

Zhou Tianyin looked at the sky and repeated the same chant she did the day before as dark clouds formed and opened to reveal an eye as it shot towards the mountain.

"Swoosh!"

The screen of energy appeared once more before everyone else.

The first image that appeared depicted the now empty valley before zooming out into a birds-eye view of the mountain.  

"Ah, there! The lake where those wolves are!" Zhou Chi said as he pointed at the screen.

Zhou Tianyin re-positioned the eye, the screen enlarging into a closed image of the lake. 

Seeing what was occurring there, Wang Zhongquan's face fell.

Depicted on the screen was a terrible scene. In it, the demon tiger and the wolf pack had suddenly begun growling as they poised in attack towards Wang Xiong's direction.

The demon tiger seemed to give an order to the wolves as they suddenly leaped towards Wang Xiong, claws extended. 

"Finished, Wang Xiong is truly finished! Now that his luck has run out the tiger and wolves have turned against him!" Zhou Chi exclaimed.

Wang Zhouquan's eyes widened in horror as he turned from the screen to Zhou Tianyin. "Miss Zhou, please save my young master! Please save him!" 

The Fourth Prince smiled.

This Wang Xiong would be dead by the end of this afternoon!

Zhou Tianyin studied the picture as she frowned, confused. "That Wang Xiong, he seems to be a little too calm..."

"He's probably frozen in fear. Sister, with those wolves surrounding him, never mind the tiger, his fate is already seal-!" Zhou Chi froze mid sentence as his eyes widened.

Currently on the lake, the talisman in Wang Xiong's hand flashed with a bright light before  becoming a long rope.

With a flick of his wrist, the rope shot out into the pack of wolves.

"Pah!"

The wolves at the front of the group were hit by the rope and were flung across the lake. 

As more wolves approached, Wang Xiong lashed out again. Although it seemed to be a single stroke, it was actually nine moving at extremely fast speed, each one lashing out from a different angle.

"Pa! Pa! Pa! Pa............!"

One by one, the wolves fell to Wang Xiong's rope.

Everyone was stunned. "This technique? Is Wang Xiong someone who trains with a whip? To be able to achieve nine lashes within the blink of an eye...!" 

The eyes of everyone present were extremely wide.

Wang Xiong's whip technique was something they had never seen before. The most basic whip method shot the whip out straight forward. However, Wang Xiong's whip twisted and curved as if it was alive. With one flick of his wrist, the whip was shot out in multiple directions, each lash equivalent to the power of three normal whips.

For each additional lash, the number of strikes doubled. However, the more lashes there were, the harder it was to control. By now, Wang Xiong was up to nine.

Nine lashes. 

Although there were not many whip users within the Great Qin Kingdom, there were still some. However all of those present had never seen anyone who could perform nine consecutive lashes.

Yet, in front of their very eyes, Wang Xiong had accomplished it.

The whip in his hands seemed to be alive, an illusion of a snake following each lash. 

"Pa! Pa! Pa!"

Although no one could hear the sound, the horrid appearance of the wolves made everyone flinch.

Unlike a sword of a spear, the whip was not meant to draw massive amounts of blood. A whips main power rested in its ability to inflict incomparable pain.  

Within a few breaths time, Wang Xiong had lashed his way through the wolf pack. On his body there was not a single wound. With his whip, the wolves could not even hope of drawing close.

Behind him laid the remains of the wold pack. Although none of them were dead, they were all whimpering on the ground. Covered in blood, none of them had the ability to stand up.

Too painful, simply too much pain.

In front of the wolf pack, Wang Xiong had seemed like an ant. However within a blink of an eye, the positions were swapped.

Those watching from the screen were dumbfounded.

Within Zhou Tianyin's heard rested a tinge of regret as she scowled at Zhou Chi. If Zhou Chi had not given her false information...

"Steward Wang, since when did that trash Wang Xiong become so proficient with the whip?" Zhou Chi could barely believe his own eyes.

Wang Zhongquan's heart was shaken as well. He understood as much as the next person which was the equivalent to knowing nearly nothing. The young master had been extremely terrible when it came to handling weapons, yet now he was wielding one of the most complex weapons with devastating accuracy.

Lost in his own thoughts, Wang Zhongquan did not hear Zhou Chi's questioning, instead he kept his eyes on the screen.

The Fourth Prince sighed as he began to speak. "That rope seems to be a magical weapon that came from the talisman. Although it is powerful and can dispatch a few wolves, it does not seem like it will be able to harm the tiger. After all, it is a beast that has reached the Martial Lord realm!"

Wang Xiong was currently standing on the shore of the lake, speaking words to the tiger that the viewers could not hear. 

Strangely enough, there was no fear present in his eyes. 

"Roar!"

The tiger roared, causing the ground to shake violently.

Wang Xiong however, was not fazed in the slightest as he charged forward, whip in hand.

This caused many in the camp to sigh as they watched the young man seemingly rush to his death.

The someone in the first level of the Spiritual Sea realm was actually going up against someone in the Martial Lord realm. 

The difference in cultivation was not something that a mere rope could bridge. 

The tiger leaped forward to meet Wang Xiong, a sharp blade of qi covering his claws as it lashed out, forming a barrage of sharp winds that slashed in Wang Xiong's direction.

Although the wind blades consisted of terrifying power, Wang Xiong's expression remained unchanged. Wang Xiong had also been a demon tiger in his past life, and in his youth he had mastered this form of attack as well.

Although Wang Xiong was currently in a weaker state, his understanding of the attack was far greater than the demon tiger Ju Que's. In his eyes, the wind slashes moved as slower than snails. With a flick of his wrist, the rope lashed out.

A whip's success all depended in the ability of the holder. As long as one was able to predict the right place to strike accurately, then their whip would be able to obtain extreme power. 

The wind blades hurdled forward swiftly as the whip moved to meet it.

"Ha! What a slow whip. Before long you will be torn to sheds!" Ju Que laughed, his canines peaking out of his mouth. 

The blades approached swiftly, but were intercepted by the rope. The whip curved to form eight lashes, each one colliding with a wind blade and pulling up dust. Within a few breaths time, the dust cleared to reveal that the wind blades had all been intercepted by Wang Xiong who was currently unharmed.

"What!" Ju Que was stunned.

"Pah!" Before Ju Que recovered, Wang Xiong lashed out again, striking the demon tiger across the nose.

Although it unknown to most of the world, the nose is one of the most sensitive points on a tiger's body. 

The pain shot straight into Da Que's mind, a flash of white piercing his eyesight.

"Ah~~~~~!"

Pain! Incomparable pain! Unknown to Da Que, the rope had been purposely frayed in order to inflict more pain. Blinded by his pain, the tiger did not notice Wang Xiong lashing out his whip once more. 

As if it was a snake, the rope lashed out and struck Da Que in both his eyes. The nose may be weak, but the eyes are weaker. Upon being struck, the tiger retreated in pain. 

"You want to escape?"

"Pa!"

The whip in Wang Xiong's hands shot out again and again. The demon tiger, who could no longer see nor hear was struck by the whip in every direction.

"Bastard!" Da Que roared. "With your power, all you can do is resort to trickery! How dare you harm my face!" 

"Why would I not dare?" Wang Xiong replied coldly. 

"Pa!" 

The whip landed on the tigers claws and nearly removed one of its nails. 

"Tss~!" The tiger grit his teeth.

"Pa!" 

The whip struck the tiger's stomach.

"Pa!"

"Gah!"

"Pa! Pa!"

The rope landed again and again.

Legs, spine, ears, ribs. 

Each lash was followed by another.

A tiger's body, especially one of the Martial Lord realm was extremely durable and tough. However, the rope that struck it was not any normal rope. It was also a God-binding talisman, capable of going through the cycle of reincarnation. [1]

Da Que had previously believed that on his body, there were near to no weaknesses. However, under the lashes of the whip, his body was brought to the ground.

All of his weaknesses were clear to Wang Xiong because he was a tiger as well.   

"Ah! It hurts!"

"Stop! Please, spare me!

"Elder, I have failed to tell right from wrong! Please stop!"

Within a few moments, the tiger was in a position in which he was better dead than alive, its once mighty body now covered in wounds and bruises. Seeing this, the wolves who had began to regain the strength to stand began looking at Wang Xiong in horror.

The whip in his hands seemed to be the source of all the pain in the world. All of the beasts present were frozen in either pain or fear.

The Wolf king in particular looked at Wang Xiong with fear. Of the beasts present, none of them dared to move forward.

Those watching from outside were stunned as well. They had all thought that Wang Xiong had reached his limit after knocking out the wold pack. They all believed without a doubt that he would die and be consumed by the demon tiger, but instead, Wang Xiong had defied all odds, coming out of the battle as a demon.

"Wang Xiong..."

Although no one could hear any sound, every time the whip was brought down, the audiences muscles would twitch. 

"That tiger, is it really at the Martial Lord realm?" The Fourth Prince said frowning.

"The tiger we saw before must have been a different one!" Zhou Chi said, also unable to accept the facts.

[1] I did not really understand why the rope did so much damage until I thought about this deeper because it was not stated outright by the author in the raws. However I came to this conclusion and put it into the translation, but feel free to ignore it.
  • Thanks..
  • edited May 28
    Chapter 6 - Smell

The Heavenly Eye was known for its accurate and unparalleled ability to view actions occurring in areas that could normally not be seen.

Before the Eye was activated for the first time, everyone had believed that Wang Xiong was nothing more than a pile of bones within the valley. Seeing the truth within the screen of the Heavenly Eye technique startled them, but it was still believable. The second time the Eye was summoned, the viewers could no longer believe that what they were seeing was true. 

By the time the time slot for the Heavenly Eye ran out, everyone was shaken in ways they had never before thought possible.

The camp was silent for a while as everyone tried to comprehend what they had seen. 

Zhou Chi shook as he turned to his Zhou Tianyin. " Sister, is it possible that there was a mistake with the Heavenly Eye technique?"

Within the mountain range

"I yield, I yield, blame the Wolf King! He was the one that inspired me. I wanted to support you, but he tempted me by saying that you were hiding a great treasure!" The tiger howled in fear. 

The Wold King froze at the tiger's words.

"Pah!"

Wang Xiong withdrew the whip with a snap and turned to face the Wolf King.

"Yelp!" Seeing Wang Xiong turn to look at him, the Wolf King fell to the ground and began groveling.

What bullcrap could this tiger spout! It was all false! It was the tiger who wished to kill Wang Xiong not me!

Seeing the Wolf cry out caused Wang Xiong to sigh. He knew exactly what had happened.

Wang Xiong turned and looked at the wolf pack behind him, every wolf whimpering in pain and covered in bruises. The tiger was no different. Although the rope could not penetrate its skin well, it still left behind great purple bruises. Its face was thick and swollen to nearly twice its normal size.

Wang Xiong sighed. He had gotten too carried away. "Ah, this ancestor has truly abused his power... Apologies."

Wang Xiong was a demon tiger after all, it was easy for him to succumb to his primal desire to assert his dominion over others.

"No, no, esteemed ancestor, we are the ones in the wrong!"

Wang Xiong smiled slightly as he heard this. "Okay then, get up! We still have a long ways to go."

Ignoring the cries of pain, Wang Xiong gazed towards the depths of the mountain. 

The beasts surrounding naturally did not refuse his decision. As long as they were not whipped any longer, then they would be willing to do anything.

The tiger couched down as Wang Xiong climbed back onto its back, its mouth so swollen that even if it wanted to retort, it couldn't.

Wang Xiong gazed outward at the storm surrounding the mountain. "This God-slaying wind is truly too strange. It surrounds the mountain with an impassable screen, yet the area within the winds circle are eerily calm. It seems that this could possibly be something done by another tiger?"

"As expected of ancestor, you can even see through the secrets of this place!" Da Que said, through swollen lips.

"Within this Qiyun mountain, there is said to be the tomb of a god. I have heard that there is a flower that blooms within the tomb. Of course, there is little to no one outside who does not know of this. The tomb is not a place that few people know of. It seems that the creator placed a large array around it in order to keep the area calm and free from the god-slaying wind. Such an array is also something that originates from our tiger clan." Said Wang Xiong, his eyes full of light.

Da Que's ears perked up. "Yes, if junior remembers correctly, the elders in my clan had told me that this was some sort of array that originated from our clan! I think it was called a Lunar array?" 

"Lunar Sky Protection Array..." Wang Xiong reminisced. 

"Ah! That's right it was the Lunar Sky Protection Array! The elders in my clan told me that it was something passed down from those of the oldest bloodlines. Moreover, it's creation method is so secretive that even in my family, no one knows how!" Da Que said as he looked at Wang Xiong in surprise.

Was it possible that this human also knew how to form this array?

The method of creating arrays was not something that was unknown to Wang Xiong. As a demon tiger emperor, he had known of many arrays countless times stronger than the one in front of them. In fact, the God-slaying talisman had some aspects that belonged to such methods.

Thinking of the talisman caused painful memories to resurface in Wang Xiong's mind. If he could reincarnate, could she?

Gazing at the sky, Wang Xiong sighed softly. It was likely that he would never see her again. 

The group soon entered an area that was covered in a strange aura. Although it was calm, it was eerily so. As they made their way further in, it became harder to see as a strange fog rolled in.

Wang Xiong led the group further in as they moved steadily over the course of a few days. 

"Ancestor, are we heading for the tomb of the gods?" The tiger asked, surprised.

"Yes, have you ever been?" Wang Xiong asked curiously.

"Some time ago, I entered with my family, but there was too much fog and I ended up getting separated from the main group. A few months after that, I met ancestor." Da Que said.

"Your family? So there is another group of tigers within this area?" Wang Xiong asked, a smile forming on his face. 

"Yes. The clan residing within the tomb of the gods had gotten into a battle with some people from the outside and requested help from my clan. The elders of my clan decided to send thirty of our members to go help, I was one of them." Da Que explained.

"To live in an area like this... How far back do the roots of the  tiger clan go?" Wang Xiong asked. 

"If I remember correctly, the predecessors of their clan belonged to a group called the Immortal Sect. The head of the Sect also originated from the tiger bloodline, his name was Hei Ban. I heard that Hei Ban was not a good person and would perform dishonorable deeds in order to claim benefits for himself. In one case, he took the family's medicinal elixirs and sold them for high prices to the outside. This led to him being disowned by the tiger clan." Da Que continued.

"This Hei Ban, even though he harmed the clan and was kicked out, why was your family still willing to go and support his Sect?" Wang Xiong asked curiously. 

Da Que frowned. "That is because he once saved the head of our tiger clan. Although his ties were cut off, Hei Ban used that occasion to persuade the clan elders."

"Huh!" Wang Xiong nodded, understanding.

"The strange thing though ancestor, when I first came to the tomb of god, I smelled something that made my entire body shiver with excitement. There was a fragrant scent that seemed to be better than anything I have ever eaten before!" The tiger began drooling as he recalled the scent. 

Wang Xiong laughed lightly upon seeing the tiger's expression. "Oh? You have a Martial Lord cultivation base, yet this smell was able to tempt you to such a degree?"

"No, senior you have to believe me. Although I did not taste it, the smell was enough to make me crazy! As a member of an esteemed tiger clan, there are very few foods that I have never tasted. Yet the smell that came from the area nearly drove me and my fellow tigers mad!" Da Que vowed seriously.

Wang Xiong shook his mind and turned his attention elsewhere. 

What Wang Xiong needed was currently within the tomb of the gods. Although there were countless dangers and he was currently at his weakest state, he was not afraid.

The reason why was because he knew the array like it was the back of his hand. His mastery over array arts allowed for him to enter and exit freely. He was not going to sit twiddling his thumbs while waiting for the God-slaying wind to die down! 

Entering the tomb of the gods was a must!

Time passed as he led the group deeper into the fog...

Outside, the camp members shot the Heavenly Eye into the tomb ever day. 

As time passed, they soon began to accept the fact that Wang Xiong truly had dominion over the beasts.

Wang Zhongquan was truly relieved. 

Zhou Chi frowned as he glanced at the screen. "This is already the tenth day right? Is Wang Xiong planning to head deeper into the tomb of the gods?" 

The Fourth Prince sneered. "That Wang Xiong must be crazy, although he got lucky a few times, he still plans on going deeper into the tomb of the gods? Does he not know of the threats the tomb contains?" 

At the moment, the fourth prince was extremely happy. If the dangers of the tomb of the gods did not kill Wang Xiong, then the younger prince who was also in the area would.

His face revealed a snide look of expectation.

Wang Zhongquan was fairly not as worried as he had been previously, but he couldn't help but scratch his head in confusion. "What is wrong with the young master? He couldn't possibly be thinking of going into the tomb alone could he?"

"Sister, it can't be that Wang Xiong went back into the tomb in order to find the flower for you could it?" Zhou Chi said in realization. 

Zhou Tianyin was silent.

In these past few days, Zhou Tianyin's view of Wang Xiong had changed every single day. The previous image of a crippled boy had changed to one of a fearless man. Seeing Wang Xiong march back into the tomb had caused her to think the same thing as her brother. This action had made her heart feel a little touched.

On the screen, it could be seen that Wang Xiong was currently standing in the mouth of a valley, strong winds surrounding him.

The Lunar Sky Protection Array was one that was created by tigers who possessed strong understandings of the wind. Although many of the gusts seemed harmless, Wang Xiong knew that in some areas, the winds could slice him into ribbons. Thankfully, Wang Xiong had a large knowledge of arrays. While others would think twice about entering, Wang Xiong stepped forth without hesitation.

"As of now all I need to do is pass through this wind valley and I will be within the tomb of the gods. Wang Xiong smiled in satisfaction before looking down at his steed who was sniffing the air with an excited look on its face. 

"Oh, sniff, sniff.....!" Da Que swallowed his drool, his body shaking. 

The wolves to the side looked curiously at the tigers state, none of them knowing why it was acting this way.

"This is it! This is that smell, that fragrant smell!" Exclaimed the tiger.

"Huh?" Wang Xiong frowned as he looked at the tiger. "What smell?" 

"The last time I was with my clan, this was the smell that lead me away! It seems to be coming from the entrance to the tomb of the gods!" Da Que sniffed once more, his eyes displaying an impatient look.

Wang Xiong revealed a look of curiosity. The tiger was normally very well behaved and did not act out of line. However, once it smelled this scent, it became extremely excited and slightly mad. However Wang Xiong could not tell what the smell was because he was simply too weak. 

As ones cultivation base increases, so does their physical abilities. Like the wolves, Wang Xiong could not smell the fragrance because his body was not sensitive enough to the world around him. 

"Let's go then." Wang Xiong said, eyeing the path. 

"Yes!" The tiger said obeying. 

Deeper and deeper the group went before they were swallowed by the fog.
  • edited May 28
    <3 <3 <3
  • Thanks..
  • edited May 28
    Hey guys, I'm sorry I am actually garbage at keeping to schedules. Last week and this following one is finals week for me so I needed more time to study. Until summer vacation begins, there will likely be one chapter translated every two days. I will post a teaser on the first day and update it to become a complete chapter on the second day. When I began, I planed on translating several chapters ahead of time on a separate document and copy and paste it to wuxiaworld, but this website does not let me do it so it makes the process much longer. I believe that each chapter so far has been more than ten thousand characters with this one being twenty thousand, so it takes a while for me to translate each one. Still, I am glad that you guys are providing support! Thank you, your comments really make my day!(sometimes they inspire me to start translating earlier! TWT)
  • Thanks for your hard work.  You should focus on your finals first, if necessary。不怕慢,只怕站 。

Using highlight, copy in a separate Word .doc or OpenOffice .odt document and then pasting into here seems to work for me.  Perhaps your file-size is too large? 

All the best for your finals!

• edited June 6
    Chapter 7 - Tiger Dan

Zhou Tianyin and the others scared at the screen curiously, their eyes seemingly glued to the image of the sole human sitting on the back of the demonic tiger.

A few moments later, the fog cleared to reveal a massive battle scene. Hundreds were battling for their lives as a barrage of martial skills filled the air. Scattered across the battleground were a large number of dead bodies.

"Those black robes? They must be the disciples of the tomb of the gods! The people they're fighting...! That's the Great Qin Army!" Wang Xiong said from atop his tiger mount. 

The Great Qin army however, was outnumbered five to one.

Those from the tomb of the gods were led by three people. Each one of them were wearing different colored robes. 

Those watching became stunned.

Zhou Chi frowned slightly. "Aren't those the red, yellow, and green elders of the tomb of the gods? I have heard that together, they're one of the strongest units within the Qiyun mountain range!"

Wang Zhongquan's expression turned shaky as he pleaded in his heart. "Young Master, run away now, please do not rush into any danger!"

"That person the red elder is currently battling..." The Fourth Prince's eyes widened. "Is that Sheng'er? My son?"

The red-robbed elder wielded a scarlet sword that moved in a red blur. On the recieving side of the blade was a handsome young man, the son of the Fourth Prince, Yu Sheng. The two traded blows as sword energy collided, releasing extremely loud clashing sounds. 

Over to the side collided the yellow robed elder and a demonic tiger that was covered in bloody wounds. It blocked repeatedly with its left hand, within his right was a small tiger cub. It was shaking from fear. 

The green-robed elder was battling a general of the Great Qin Empire. The general wielded a large broadsword with great skill, but was being pushed back. 

"That person...? Could that be General Bao from the Qinghuan Province?" Zhou Chi said, surprised.

The Fourth Prince frowned. "Hm?" 

Zhou Chi frowned. "If I remember correctly, during the young prince's conquest, the Qinghuan County Lord sent a general to go help... But unbeknownst to him, his daughter actually dared to masquerade as a soldier and secretly join his army!"  

The Fourth Prince's face turned ugly.

As they spoke, more and more soldiers fell. It was clear that those of the Great Qin Empire were falling into a disadvantage. 

"So this is all the Great General Yu Sheng can do? Ha! Before long, you and your precious army will be dead and that tiger dan will be mine!" The red-robed elder sneered as he lashed out with his blade once more.

"That Tiger Dan is mine! Although I may be losing now, I still have reinforcements on the way. Once they're here, we will see who exactly will kill who!" Yu Sheng said, scowling. 

"Roar!"

It was at this moment, that the yellow-robed elder plunged his blade into his opponents heart. The demonic tiger was not dead yet, but he would be soon. 

The red-robbed elder laughed happily. "Ha! Brothers, the Tiger Dan is as good as ours now!"

"Good!" the yellow elder said.

The small tiger cub clutched within the demonic tiger elder's hand crawled out and began crying.

Prince Sheng scowled as he rushed forward. "General Bao! Retrieve the Tiger Dan!" 

"Ha! You still have hopes of obtaining the Dan? It's too late for you!" The green-robbed elder laughed, blocking General Bao. 

Within a blink of an eye, the yellow robed elder that General Bao had been battling had arrived at the demonic tiger's body. 

"You traitor! My tiger clan will not take this betrayal laying dow-" 

"Pah-" Blood spurt from the tiger clan elder's mouth. 

The yellow-robbed elder sneered as he crouched down to gaze into the dying tiger's eyes. "Ha! We may fear your tiger clan, but who will tell them of our betrayal? As long as everyone you brought to the battlefield today is killed, then we do not need to fear anything!" 

"Roar!" 

A tiger's cry echoed through out the battlefield as another tiger leaped into the fray, wind blades spiraling in every direction. 

Who else could this be other than Wang Xiong who had arrived with Da Que. 

"You dare to injure my elder brother like this!" Ju Que's eyes darkened as he saw the condition of the demonic tiger. "Die!"

The yellow-robbed elder's eyes jerked up and was caught off guard as a paw collided with his chest and sent him flying. 

"Wha-" The elder stumbled as he touched his chest only to find blood seeping out of three claw marks.

Wang Xiong leaped softly to the ground as Ju Que leaped in the direction of the yellow robed elder.

Wang Xiong however, did not move. His eyes slowly moved towards the half-dead body of the demonic tiger elder.

Rubbing itself on the elder was a small red palm-sized tiger. From it, Wang Xiong could smell an intoxicating scent, one that was extremely strong and could be smelt across the entire battlefield. The baby tiger whimpered and shivered tremendously, its eyes full of innocence.  

Seeing the poor state of the yellow-robed elder, the red-robbed elder began to panic. "Quick! Grab the Tiger Dan! The only way we will be accepted into the Immortal sect is by giving that Dan to the Lord Sovereign!" 

These words filled the disciples of the tomb of the gods with greed as their eyes flashed towards Wang Xiong. 

Wang Xiong sighed, his eyes icy cold. 

"Go."

Behind him stood nearly five hundred wolves. These included the original pack and other groups that had joined during Wang Xiong's path toward the mountain. 

Hearing his order, the wolves flew fiercely towards the chaotic battlefield. 

Although they had cultivation bases lower than those of the tomb of the gods disciples, they were created and were born into the world for one purpose - to kill. Their speed and ferocity was one that made up for the gap in levels. 

Within a few moments, the disciples of the tomb of the gods had been pushed back, their numbers dwindling every second. 

"You dare!" The red elder shouted in fury as he tried to attack Wang Xiong, but he was blocked by Yu Sheng. 

"This Wang Xiong, wasn't he killed?" Yu Sheng was also shaken as he glanced at the young man who was seemingly leading the wolves. 

Wang Xiong on the other hand ignored the chaos around him as he walked slowly towards the tiger cub. 

The cub looked at Wang Xiong with fear in its eyes. These past few days, it had faced countless dangers to its life as these people fought over him. 

"Do not be afraid, I will not hurt you." Wang Xiong comforted the cub as he picked it up.

The cub struggled, but realized that there was no use before accepting its situation, 

Resting in Wang Xiong's arms, the tiger tilted its head uncomfortably, but could not do anything other than look up at Wang Xiong's face.

"Don't... Hurt her..." The tiger elder who was laying on the ground coughed weakly. 

A few meters away battled the yellow robed elder and Ju Que. Because he had been injured previously, the yellow elder was currently in a disadvantageous situation. 

They traded blows for a while, but the elder soon retreated out of fear for his own life. 

On the battlefield, the wolves teared through the enemy army. Within a few breaths time, the originally five hundred strong had dwindles to no more than fifty. 

The scales of victory had been tilted in the favor of the Great Qin Empire as the disciples of the tomb of the gods were instantly suppressed. 

Seeing the yellow-robbed elder's condition, the red elder scowled. 

"Retreat!" 

"We can not retreat! If news of our actions reach the ears of the tiger clan then we are done for!" The Green robbed elder said anxiously.

"As long as the god-slaying winds are still in motion we do not need to fear information leaking out. Retreat now so we can conserve our strength!" The red elder ordered. 

"Yes!" Hearing this, the disciples began moving back in retreat. 

"Not so fast! Who says that you can come and go as you please?" Yu Sheng shouted, unwilling to allow them to retreat. 

The demonic tigers on the battlefield were also unwilling. They thirsted for blood and revenge upon the people who had betrayed them!

Wang Xiong sighed as he looked at the tigers. "Don't chase! Your eldest brother is about to die!" 

Hearing this, the bloodthirst within the group of tigers seeped away as they rushed over.

Without the tiger's assistance, there was no way for Yu Sheng to chase after the retreating army. 

No matter how weak they were, how could they lose to a single person?

Yu Sheng scowled at Wang Xiong in frustration. 

Wang Xiong, cub in hand, ignored Yu Sheng's actions as he gazed solemnly at the dying tiger. It was thanks to its abnormally strong physique that it was able to hold on to life this long, however, the blood that pooled around him was still growing in size and the light in his eyes had dimmed a significant amount. 

By his side crouched the demon tiger Ju Que whose eyes were filled with sorrow. "Big Brother... How could this have happened?" He sniffed softly. "Why would they do this to us?" 

The tiger smiled softly as it looked at Ju Que. "Little Que... I thought I would never see you again..." His eyes turned hard as he coughed harshly. "This-" "Cough!" "This is all the doing of that treacherous snake Hei Ban!"

The battlefield was silent as the tiger spoke. "I tried my best to protect our clan members, but it looks like I'm out of time..." The tiger gazed at Ju Que fondly. "Little brother, you must remember to protect them, you must protec..."

The demonic tiger let out its last breath as the light went out of its eyes.

"Brother, Big Brother! No~~~~~~~!" 

Wang Xiong watched as the tiger died, a soft sigh escaping his lips.

General Bao cursed his slowness. 

His eyes hardened as he looked away from the now still body, his eyes landing on Wang Xiong.

"This! The young master of the Eastern Palace, Wang Xiong?" General Bao's forehead wrinkled in confusion.

Yu Sheng's eyes turned dark as he laughed in his heart. "Wang Xiong, to have entered the tomb of the gods, the heavens have really blessed me this time!" 

Wang Xiong noticed this, but his expression did not change. 

Yu Sheng put a fake smile on his face. "Ah, Wang Xiong! Thank you for your help! I really don't know what we would have done without you." 

Wang Xiong saw through Yu Shengs act and ignored him. His previous actions were done not to save Yu Sheng, but to help the tiger clan. 

Wang Xiong turned towards Ju Que. "We should not stay in this place for too long. Let us find a proper place to bury your brother." He said softly.

"Yes..." 

Seeing Wang Xiong ignore him caused great rage to seep into Yu Sheng's eyes.

"Hey! Kid, the prince graced you with his words, how can you ignore them?" A strangely feminine soldier scowled from the side of the prince. 

Wang Xiong turned around, his eyes resting on the soldier's face. "Little girl, watch your tone. Is this how you treat the one who just saved your life?"

"You!" Anger flashed in soldier's eyes, this woman was the daughter of the Qinghuan county lord.

General Bao and Yu Sheng exchanged looks. Although they heavily benefited from Wang Xiong's assistance, they did not feel grateful at all. Instead, they looked at him with contempt. 

General Bao scowled deeply. "You may go, but the Tiger Dan within your arms must stay."

Wang Xiong stopped dead in his tracks.

"Tiger Dan?" Wang Xiong looked at the tiger cub within his hands, puzzlement in his eyes. 

The cub was trembling nonstop and seemed extremely horrified.  

"Yes, this little tiger, when fed with a large variety of elixirs is able to be used for extremely strong medicinal purposes." General Bao said calmly. 

"Ha ha ha, little guy, you're actually a tiger dan? Did you know that they want to swallow you?" Wang Xiong looked at the trembling tiger cub and laughed. 

Wang Xiong laughed without any regard to those around him.

"Wang Xiong! Do not make any rash moves. On your side there is only one tiger at the Martial Lord realm. Unfortunately for you, both the young prince and I are Martial Lords. The Dan belongs to us!"

Threatening? How many people in his past life dared to threaten Wang Xiong? Of the few that did, none of them faced a happy ending.

Upon hearing the threat, Wang Xiong tilted his head. "Do you even know how to write the word 'dead'?"

A sudden biting chill flowed through the battlefield.
  •  :)  ... 
  • edited June 4
    <3 <3 <3
  • Thanks for the chapter  :)